Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: 14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」
Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:37 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:Not too mad on the song but I loved the PV.
Akimoto of AKB should take note that girls do not have to lose their clothes to look 'hot' !

^Bullseye!!

Anyways a lot of fans including myself were shocked on this PV however I'm kinda guessing that the meaning of the song corresponds to the PV itself so maybe it also has a meaning .... can't understand Japanese so I'll be waiting for the translators to translate the lyrics...

I've been listening to this for a couple of times now and It's really fun to listen.... I like this better now than TaiScan

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:48 pm

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
This is one thing I really love about them, the way they do things differently sometimes. The PV of this is very very different from all of their previous PVs, but I really really had fun watching it, I was smiling the whole time while watching it. This is one of the moments that makes me proud to be their fan. And as a fan for 3 years, I don't see the slightest chance of me becoming not one anymore.

And yeah I also agree to the answer to "why they can do this?", because THEY CAN! They've been doing lots of different stuffs even before way back, and I think this is one of the reasons that they are where they are now.

I love this song and the PV. They've always been dancing with instruments and now dancing without instruments is very new and very fun to watch.

They're very hawt indeed with those office clothes on. They all look fantastic, specially HARU, the way she moves just captivates me! .love.

And finally RINA gets to join in the dancing! Ho Onion

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:26 pm

phoenixnumber1

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm glad they did a proper dance pv actually because dancing with instruments isn't the same and those dances were usually a little clumsy/weird - would rather just dance or just rock out.

Have always wanted to see them showing off their dance skills properly, it's the kind of element which can only add to their image and popularity, what with the abundance of dancing K-Pop and J-Pop that they need to be able to compete with. This adds credibility and versatility to them as performers, whilst not taking away from their individuality or instrumental element. It's not what I want them to or that I think they will turn into permanently, but I think it's just here to prove to people their ability and right to compete alongside artists like AKB48 or SNSD or whatever, and that probably there will be other instances in future where they show a more idol-band like image in order to compete.

I do agree though that they are very bold in trying new things and that this is one of them, and I completely support that and like that about them - being the unique species of idol-worthy but more real band they need to keep evolving and trying new markets. I'm still waiting for them to find their own sound as a band!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Koi

Koi

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I re-read my comment and it sounded like a boring guy. Just to make it clear, I liked the PV and the music XD LOL!

From now on, every time I saw a girl with these footwear I'll sing in my head this single. Love Struck

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Harunalover
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm

rinrin151091

rinrin151091

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ichigo-ringo.deviantart.com/
phoenixnumber1 wrote:I'm glad they did a proper dance pv actually because dancing with instruments isn't the same and those dances were usually a little clumsy/weird - would rather just dance or just rock out.
^this! 14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 924158
I love the PV very much. I think Haru n Timo are the best dancer, Mami is also good though. But I agree with people who said Rina is kinda awkward. Well, that's ok because this is the first time she dance in a PV.
Overall the PV are fresh and the coreography is the best among their recent coreography w/ instrument. And the song is absolutely nice, much better than TS imo
Haru with office suit + black long hair is 14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 911293

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
You're welcome RINA!!!  14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 620191
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 pm

phoenixnumber1

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I noticed that when there was no particular dance move and they were just improv gesturing Rina tended to stand straight and have her hands by her waist and not move particularly Happy Otherwise they were all good, Haruna did steal the show though. I now realize Haruna's hair looks best like this - black, long and straight! I realized all their outfits were the same and quite plain for once! They all looked good, though, although Mami's eye make-up was a little questionable.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:55 pm

february-heavenly

february-heavenly

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
pretty nice pv, i don't mind scandal dancing or anything, but i felt like the backup dancers were kind of all over the place. i wish the backup dancers had some sort of theme to their outfits especially.

but mami at 2:06-2:23 .love. .nosebleed.

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 9a12711f2961b114fdc930d81ddd3237
tumblr: ai-koishiteru.tumblr.com
twitter: twitter.com/feiizhuliu
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:58 pm

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Damn, just can't get over HARU's dancing and movements in the PV. .love.

After watching th e PV, she exceeded the skill of her that I've always had in mind, never thought she was this goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!

Will probably not noticed this if she had never did a PV with a full dance with no instrument. We've never seen her like this since Backdancers, it's great that she never lost her touch as a dancer.

Last edited by mc~ on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 pm

timooooo

timooooo

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^dancing is her passion .love. Haruna <3 but she still rocks! .wow.

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 8hajwRP
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:09 pm

f.raw

f.raw

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ don't forget Rina mates~ we haven't seen her dance before right? and seeing her like that just made me explode~ .happy.

MAMI-chan!!! .nosebleed. .dies.
14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Kktxn_1114th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Testap14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Mami2013
~I just want you to know that you've always made my day~

~CENSUS of SCANDAL fans~
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm

masterelr

masterelr

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://cid-3a0eab0931174b17.spaces.live.com/
The dancing is pretty good but I'm not quite digging the song yet.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
february-heavenly wrote:i wish the backup dancers had some sort of theme to their outfits especially.
Pin Heel Surfer is a "girls fight/cheer song" so I think they did it to represent and include all kinds of girls in all kinds of professions.

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:16 pm

funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
..yeah..awesome song Nice one ..it sounds new..but also sounds like the 70's or 80's..like the band ABBA..hehe..awesome..just don't like the dancers tailing on them every time..
.love.

me want you..
14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41e14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:22 pm

f.raw

f.raw

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ don't blame the backup dancers mate~ even me myself will try to tail them if I saw them~

MAMI-chan!!! .nosebleed. .dies.
14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Kktxn_1114th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Testap14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Mami2013
~I just want you to know that you've always made my day~

~CENSUS of SCANDAL fans~
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
I usually conjure up a newspaper article-like review for these PVs/singles but in this particular case, I'm gonna cut it short. .silence.
7/10.
Gah. So much goin thru my head right now. .plank.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Leyh

Leyh

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rheyolds?feature=mhee
Beautiful songs ! I don't want be vulgar but the Pv is sexy ^_^

I'm a fan of SCANDAL From what... May, June ? Even if this is soon, I've seen à lot of videos, but I've never seen them dancing without their instruments, maybe she have already done that,, but I just love this Pv, mainly Haruna, she is soooo wonderful ! LOVE

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Sans_t14
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:34 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This PV was awesome!
Especially Haruna.

Just so perfect!

Previously known as HugoDisasters14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:59 pm

voltran

voltran

Caless Student
Caless Student
SCANDAL is a rock band, band, band
this is SCANDAL no theme lyric right??
and they proclaim their self as the most powerful Japanese girl band right??
but now everything changes
I hope they return to their old music style in the 4th album

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 pm

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
voltran wrote:SCANDAL is a rock band, band, band
this is SCANDAL no theme lyric right??
and they proclaim their self as the most powerful Japanese girl band right??
but now everything changes
I hope they return to their old music style in the 4th album

They wrote SCANDAL no Theme very early in their career. And they started as a rock band, didn't they? And it has been 6 years since then, a few changes is inevitable, right? I don't mean to be rude but does being "the most powerful Japanese girl band" implies that such band should be a "rock" band and nothing else? I've seen so much "power" from SCANDAL since I've become a fan and I can't see any other band who can pull something like this. They do their own style and not afraid to try things that is outside their "garage-rock" beginnings. I can't believe some fans are still doubting the band even after all those lives you have seen/watched.

Anyway, just my opinion though.

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:07 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I think I've mentioned this before so this might make me sound like a broken record but anyway..

..for those people who expect/want SCANDAL to produce a BEST SCANDAL sound alike, I'm very sorry. You will be disappointed. Let's look at the evidence.

From BEST to TemptBox to R-Girls to BA and all the singles and B-Sides in between, there has never been a fixed genre or sound. Each album and single sounded a little different from the other and that is the only constant that I've noticed. From this, we can conclude that the girls themselves are not interested in doing a Nickelback and producing the same thing over and over with every release. They veer from garage to pop rock to power pop to rap to electronica to ballad and back and I think, they are going to keep doing this as long as they can get away with it.

I'm not blindly defending them. I don't like all of their stuff equally (I STILL think that SCABUTTO is a terrible song but it's just one song so no big deal). These are facts and we must acknowledge that this is how the band works.

Each one of us has a right to their opinion. That is fine. It is also fine to argue and to differ with each other.

I'm only saying that an opinion should be an informed, realistic opinion. No one can stop anyone else from wanting and expecting certain things but if those wants and expectations are not realistic... well, do the math.

For people who expect SCANDAL to be a super serious rock band who do nothing else but the same strand of rock, perhaps it is time to rethink that expectation.

The girls don't do same old same old and I don't think they will start anytime soon. Then again, who knows? The next album could turn out to be BEST SCANDAL 2. With these crazy girls, you never know...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
UGH. Sorry for complaining xD I always complain *laughs*. I don't like that preview. Those previous posts above mine are right. Looks like an girl idol group. I still haven't watched the full pv. YOSH, I'll prepare myself. : ) ) )

And I agree with macdyne73. I already said this in my previous post, but anyhow, in short, SCANDAL loves to experiment their songs. It's cool. But of course I don't love all of their songs. They just doesn't suit my taste.

But don't get me wrong! I still love SCANDAL! I'l in love with them and with most of their songs and performances. xD

LOVE
14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 LOGO
.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 pm

sadiaCityHunter

sadiaCityHunter

Caless Student
Caless Student
Anyone who know about their cover CD..
it's just one packet CD?

14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 576872_493874863958857_641432682_n
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:38 pm

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
^ Yep, only one version since a few days later after its release will be the 4th album's.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:09 am

BrokenByDefault

BrokenByDefault

Caless Student
Caless Student
I understand why many fans are upset about the PV, since there is more focus on the dancing and the choreography than there is on the music and the band itself, but I see it as a nice change and a chance for SCANDAL to try new things. SCANDAL's PV's right from the very beginning have been very performance orientated, and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love that, but there is only so many times a band can stick to the same formula with each release before they start to develop new ideas and concepts. In this case, they chose to feature some choreography, and considering that Haruna was a dancer before she debuted with SCANDAL, they probably enjoyed mixing things up a bit to keep fans excited.

This doesn't appear to be a permanent change, either, it just looks like they wanted to do something special for the last single for their upcoming album. Going from the other PV's for this album, they still appear to be the SCANDAL we all know and love, but now they are bravely experimenting with new styles and becoming better musicians as a result.

I personally love what I have heard from the preview so far, the guitar riff at the beginning really caught my attention, and the PV preview was really exciting to watch. I'm really looking forward to this release!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 am

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The PV was awesome! Tomo had me captivated the whole time, and I think I've developed a new appreciation for office wear 14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 891450

I think it's great that their new stuff is always new and fresh, it would be a bit boring if it all sounded the same. The first time I listened to the entire Baby Action album I wasn't sure if I liked it, but now it has the most plays on my media player (aside from a few favourites from the other albums 14th Single - 「Pin Heel Surfer」 - Page 9 891450).

I'm sure that their new album will rock, if the songs are all as good as PHS (not the same please! That would be boring!).

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.