Re: If SCANDAL was idol, would the fanbase crumble?
Posted on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
I really am annoyed too when I see posts like "they're an IDOL now", "they're like KPOP", "conservative version of SNSD" blah blah blah. I don't know how in-depth these fans are to call them like that, because since the beginning SCANDAL has been dancing while playing their instruments and have this "idol-ish" air to them, but it never crossed my mind that they will eventually drop their instruments and dance all the way. Argh I just can't comprehend why a single Promotional Video will make some fans turn their backs on the girls. What with the amazing lives? What with the numerous Hall Tours? What with the Budokan concert? Just watching those lives gives me enough faith that the girls will never ever continue their career away from their prized instruments. Chest Tap

But anyway, in line with the topic, I'm no fan of Idol groups, be it in JPOP or KPOP. If SCANDAL started as one, I would never bother to listen to them. But since we're talking about SCANDAL turning into one, I guess I will still listen, and follow them. I love them this much already haha Onion Love But still, I believe they would not go to that side.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:45 pm

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
^ i feel the same way too. just because they ditched their instruments for one song, they start calling them an idol group, make references to Kpop etc etc. They've conveniently forgotten that they started with instruments, and have stuck with them throughout their singing careers, continued to play them in so many concerts, and just because they started dancing in one PV so many people start making references to Kpop. What's wrong with experimenting with new genres? There are so many groups out there who has sung so many different genres of music, why must SCANDAL stick with garage rock throughout their careers and, to quote someone from another thread, be a "one trick pony"? Do people really want to listen to the same SCANDAL over and over again? Because I don't. The reason why I've stayed on supporting them for so long is because they are so versatile in their music, which makes me look forward to what they are going to come up with next.

Anyway, if SCANDAL really do turn into an idol group, like LieAnn, I'm on the road of no return already, so I guess I still would support them, as long as they still have some say in the music they are creating. I'm a fan of groups and singers that create their own music, be it songwriting or instrument playing. If they began as an idol group from the start I might listen to a few of their songs, like how I listen to AKB once in a blue moon, but they would never captivate me like how they do now.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:44 pm

spyoff

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well.. for me, I dont really care about the dancing/idol-like PV.
1 or 2 PV filled with dancing is not bad either.

What I really care is just about their live performances as a band. When I see them live (of course only in DVD or TV, due to I'm not japanese), I was moved with their performance. Even in their live performance, they usually have 1 session with dancing :D
If they're going to thrown away their instruments in live performance, well, I think I'm gonna miss the SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:18 pm

VaizardsFTW

Caless Student
Caless Student
I would continue to listen to SCANDAL, idol group or not. They make great music, and I take band loyalty into account. Plus, the girls went to a dance school, so it wouldn't hurt them to try out idol. Whatever makes them happy is their decision even if people say that Pin Heel Surfer came off as too idolish. Pin Heel Surfer, I thought, seemed to be what could have been than what SCANDAL will become. If they love to dance, they should no matter what people say.

5/22/15 - 「HELLO WORLD」 - Los Angeles, CA HoB
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:16 am

gaLa_LiannE08

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hmm, I'm too much in love with them already that thinking of quitting just because they've turned idol is unbearable for me..Lol, besides I've seen them dance in Nankabuttobase and I think it's one of their best PVs.

And just like spyoff said, the live performances of the girls are great. I could see that they are enjoying what they're doing (which includes playing their instruments Clap ). They won't venture to idol-ism that easily since being a band made them what they are now. So much for the trouble in learning how to play their instrument when they've started not knowing how to play them and making Rina's drum solo Hehee . The girls are so talented that they could even dance! It's one of their talents and they're just using it. Hehe, although we can't predict what will happen next, I will still be following them.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 am

joanah009

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't really mind if Scandal becomes an idol group, I will still be their fan
I mean I really like their songs although I'm more into hardcore/screamo genre
I still like their songs, one of my fav. is Pin heel surfer and I really got addicted to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 am

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
SCANDAL is SCANDAL. No matter what genre. I'll support them. UHUH!

~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
visit me on[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:27 am

jpopishot

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://swif.forumotion.com/
TOPIC UPDATE: Wow, this thread is so old by now 0-0. Thank you for all the responses guys. I don't think i'd quit SCANDAL either if they were idol, as long as they didn't degrade themselves in a PV or anything >: (. I love them as a band though, their still my favorite artist and the only band i truly fangirl over, they've even inspired me to learn drums and guitar. Plus, its cool to find a fanbase that isn't hardcore obsessed and is actually sane and sensible (you wouldn't believe some of the fellow teens i've encountered over the years, good lord, i pity those people 0-0).

Jpop kicks American music's ass BLEH! but SCANDAL rules them all
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:51 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
jpopishot wrote:TOPIC UPDATE: Wow, this thread is so old by now 0-0. Thank you for all the responses guys. I don't think i'd quit SCANDAL either if they were idol, as long as they didn't degrade themselves in a PV or anything >: (. I love them as a band though, their still my favorite artist and the only band i truly fangirl over, they've even inspired me to learn drums and guitar. Plus, its cool to find a fanbase that isn't hardcore obsessed and is actually sane and sensible (you wouldn't believe some of the fellow teens i've encountered over the years, good lord, i pity those people 0-0).

Too be honest I don't think it would be possible for them to change themselves into an Idol Group. They love their instruments too much. They even have their own models. Cool huh? For side projects totally dancing would be possible but as SCANDAL definitely NO. It's true that their songs are now more into the pop genre but on the other side their instrumental skills have surely developed a lot. It would be stupid to drop their instruments. Also, Rina said she's terrible at dancing.

Last edited by raynsity on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I'm sure you guys have read the Singaporean interview article with SCANDAL. They least want to associated with pop idols... apparently it doesn't happen in Japan. So I do wonder all these rumours dwell...

Seriously just imagine SCANDAL doing idol fan service.... I don't know about the rest of yers. But I'd shudder...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 pm

lesphantom

Caless Student
Caless Student
Once I went down this path, I never plan to look back. Will follow them wherever they go, and there is no wrong if they decide to try out an idol-ish song once in a while. Of course I like them for what they are originally, but there is really no wrong with exploring other genre... and of course, they themselves have openly say they do not want to go down the path of idols.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:33 pm

wastu.blemoh

Caless Student
Caless Student
hmmmm, personally I like Scandal because they got the instrument, I mean I like when a girl can perform some instrument... So if Scandal threw away that instrument and go Idol I wont like it anymore Ehem

Happy as always~ Cool Walk
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm

rollinrollin

Caless Student
Caless Student
it will be heart breaking if one day they become an idol. but i think as long as they still formed as a rock band and produce great songs i cant complain and i will still love them as i am now. by the way i read an article that they said they are a band not and idol but i forget where. CMIIW.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:30 am

woeaih4

International Performer
International Performer
NO.

It's their music that makes them SCANDAL and not whether they are idol or a band.

I liked them when I first heard Shunkan Sentimental in FMAB. Have I seen them playing with or without their instruments that time? No. I only heard Haru's voice, Mami's lead, Tomo's bass, and Rina's energetic beat (though I do not know their names during that time). It could be that the instruments are recorded, or it could be that they are playing it, I don't know.

In short, it is the group that counts most, that they complement each other, making good music.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:59 am

ahxiian

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It doesn't matter to me.. whether they are pop nor rock. I would definitely feel a little disappoint as I fell in love with them with their instruments on and how they rock. Personally I can't imagine them without instruments.. it's a part of them. But what I truly love about them is their passion for music and the effort they put in. They're the first and only band I've followed and admire. Either way I'd still keep on supporting them no matter which path they choose.
Ehem

SCANDAL the best all girls band ever !
RINA — I may make a mistake, I may be unable to do it, and I may lose heart..
but I think it is wasteful if I stopped because of such a thing.. I want to steadily change tomorrow by myself !
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Dhan-kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
i like what like, simple as that.. so i don't care if scandal was Idol group or something..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Ire Hisagi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
it's been 5 years now, I dont' think they're gonna change all of a sudden since they put so much energy and time in learning how to play their instruments but I thing I'd still follow them

credits to rima-harinezumi
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:34 am

scaione

Caless Student
Caless Student
Scandal is a band at the very beginning and they already state that they're not pop idol but an artist,jrock artist so....what if here won't happen and actually even they look like half idol and half rocker to me but became an idol is hard,,I'm sure they don't wanna try it and also their company really cannot do it so the solution is just like this....they can be cute,fashionable but still a rocker so they can gather many fans unlimited fanbase

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I think i would be really disappointed if they become Idol but usually that also means a change of their style/music so it wouldn't be Scandal anymore anyway ?

They are a rock band to me, not some idol who just dances/sings. I'm ok if they drop the instruments sometimes in their PV but wouldn't be too happy i guess if they suddenly turn into a idol band.

I think it's impossible anyways, they don't want that and can't probably do it. But i'm a bit concerned that their Label wants to make them more Idol... On the other hand, if they stay the same on stage (and music too) but are more "Idolized" for their PV/interviews/whatever to get more attention then why not... That would increase their fan base i guess but they would still be a rock band with a rock sound.

Anyways whatever happens i just hope that the girls can do what they want and what makes them happy, not be forced to turn into something they don't want and that will make them sad. For example i think Haruna said a lot of times that they are arock band and doesn't like it when they are viewed as Idol. So if they change too much Haru would probably be sad

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:24 am

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://Youtube.com/kakotov
I fell in love with Scandal rock band

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:58 am

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I am more towards Scandal as the rock band. Even now some of their songs sounds a bit too pop and commercialized. It's still okay though but I still prefer their earlier songs like Doll, Scandal Baby, Shunkan Sentimental...something that really cool and rock-on.

So I'm totally no to Scandal as idol groups. But I doubt they will change too much. From their interview and stuff, I can sense they pay a lot more attention to their music and live performances rather than just looks or fan-service stuff.

Back to top Go down