Should fans of SCANDAL have a name?
Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm currently exploring K-Pop bands and upon coming across fan clubs with names like VIPs and Black Jacks, I was wondering, should SCANDAL fans also have a name? Is it common in Japanese bands or only with pop? If so, what do you think we should be called? I think they have a large enough and committed enough fanbase to merit one, now, at least, but would it be too preppy or degrading or something?

Back to top Go down

Re: Should fans of SCANDAL have a name?
Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
little blue zombies

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
yes, we should make an unofficial fanclub name. ive always wanted that. i suggest scandalous since a lot of fans have used it

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
Nop we haven't.
I wanted to make a poll but I'm sure there will be too much different names, and moreover nothing will be official...

I thought about Cantacious because Scandalous is too near from SCANDAL and not at all original, but it seems no one likes this name ROFL

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

SCANDAL is more than a band, it's a passion

==>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<==
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:02 am

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I proudly say I'm a member of SCANDAL HEAVEN. That's good enough for me. But Little Blue Zombies is pretty damn funny!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:26 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Haha.. pretty interesting topic.

I don't know what their fans in the Home Islands want to call themselves but as for me I'm proud to be a member of the

SCANDAL Légion étrangère (SCANDAL Foreign Legion) :D

For we are many and we are everywhere.

Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:49 am

jpopishot

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://swif.forumotion.com/
macdyne73 wrote:Haha.. pretty interesting topic.

I don't know what their fans in the Home Islands want to call themselves but as for me I'm proud to be a member of the

SCANDAL Légion étrangère (SCANDAL Foreign Legion) :D

For we are many and we are everywhere.

Tongue

i agree! "For we are many and we are everywhere" should be our motto if people like that name

Jpop kicks American music's ass BLEH! but SCANDAL rules them all
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 am

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
Nyahaha, I see some french words here Hehee

SCANDAL Légion étrangère

Well done for having wrote it with the right spelling, but it's only the words order which is wrong.
It would be rather "Légion étrangère de SCANDAL".
But where did you got this name? xD

Anyway if this name is chosen, the name of a fan of SCANDAL should be "Légionnaire".

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:00 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^lol. not bad and it's rather unique.i like that name maybe we should tweet the girls of having a fanclub name. lol

edit: im going to use Légionnaire from now on XD forgive me Praise

Last edited by hapihapi on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:32 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Yassu wrote:Nyahaha, I see some french words here Hehee

SCANDAL Légion étrangère

Well done for having wrote it with the right spelling, but it's only the words order which is wrong.
It would be rather "Légion étrangère de SCANDAL".
But where did you got this name? xD

Anyway if this name is chosen, the name of a fan of SCANDAL should be "Légionnaire".

Hehehe... I forgot we have French speaking members here.

I got that from the French name of the French Foreign Legion (Légion étrangère Française?).

For those who don't know, the FFL is a French military unit made up of foreign nationals who serve and owe their loyalty to France. I was reading some articles about the FFL this morning when I found this thread so I was thinking since we are mostly foreign (ie non-Japanese) nationals who follow and owe our loyalty to SCANDAL we can consider ourselves SCANDAL's own Foreign Legion.

Since SCANDAL MANIA is mainly aimed at domestic (Japanese Fans) I think it's quite a suitable idea hehe..

Hehe.. It was just me having a little fun with the idea Tongue

And yeah, if we do end up using the name, we are all Légionnaire. I think it sounds classier than "fan" or "maniac" hehe..

Edit: btw the Japanese name for SFL would be スキャンダル外国部隊 (SCANDAL gaikoku butai) Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:46 pm

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
Légionnaire?..it sounds elegant.. ..I like it! v^_^
Nice name, mate! I agree with this..certainly!
macdyne73 wrote:Edit: btw the Japanese name for SFL would be スキャンダル外国部隊 (SCANDAL gaikoku butai)
Naaahhh!....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
@Macdyne

Actually we only say "Légion étrangère" because when you say it, it refers automatically to the French Foreign Legion.

And me too, I like this name, I prefer Légionnaire than Scandalous that sounds too classic and not at all original Happy

Should I make a poll? x)

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:24 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yassu wrote:@Macdyne

Actually we only say "Légion étrangère" because when you say it, it refers automatically to the French Foreign Legion.

And me too, I like this name, I prefer Légionnaire than Scandalous that sounds too classic and not at all original Happy

Should I make a poll? x)

Ah I see, I understand.

Yes go and make a poll, see what the other members say, maybe get some other ideas. Maybe the mods will like it too Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
I'm not sure that if we can edit a poll, it's why I need to know all ideas before the poll starts.
Currently, I know there are the following names:

-Scandalous
-Scandalicious
-Légionnaire

If I remember, we can put 8 choices in a poll, so why not to wait at least 3 new names?

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Struck down before it was even considered...I'm glad one person liked it..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yassu wrote:I'm not sure that if we can edit a poll, it's why I need to know all ideas before the poll starts.
Currently, I know there are the following names:

-Scandalous
-Scandalicious
-Légionnaire

If I remember, we can put 8 choices in a poll, so why not to wait at least 3 new names?

I think the list should include:-

- Scandalous
- Scandalicious
- Little Blue Zombies
- SCANDAL Foreign Legion (SFL)

We should try to get some more CANTA Thumbs

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
^ Yep, I already checked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I kept the most liked names (Scandalous and Scandalicious).
So we just have to wait for more names, and I'll be able to start the poll ^^

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:19 pm

amz7250

Banned
Banned
y not call it SCANDAL-famz

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
We already have a name...people with good taste...hehe

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:25 pm

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
On youtube, I saw this guy using "SCANtaku" I guess it's kinda like SCANDAL + otaku. I've been using SCANtaku ever since, and I asked the guy for permission to use it. He was all happy that he might possibly be starting a trend.

facebook page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
youtube page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
our music page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
I disagree Tongue
I mean, what to mix SCANDAL and Otaku? I know the most of us are fans of SCANDAL and Otaku, but be fan of SCANDAL doesn't mean perforce be Otaku. I think it would be better to have a word which means only "Fan of SCANDAL" Happy

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 am

timooooo

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
FANdals then? HAHAHAHA! Onion Wahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 am

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
Yassu wrote:I disagree Tongue
I mean, what to mix SCANDAL and Otaku? I know the most of us are fans of SCANDAL and Otaku, but be fan of SCANDAL doesn't mean perforce be Otaku. I think it would be better to have a word which means only "Fan of SCANDAL" Happy

I can see why you disagree. I don't consider myself an otaku at all, but in Japanese "otaku" can also be used as "fan" or "maniac". Otaku doesn't always mean you sit at home and watch anime and read manga all day. So Scantaku can also mean "Scandal Fan". Plus, I thought it was cool because it incorporates Canta in it - Scantaku.

Nerd Here's a quote straight out of wikipedia: "In modern Japanese slang, the term otaku is most often equivalent to "geek". However, it can relate to a fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or any form of entertainment" Also, I know this because I'm Japanese.

So technically, if you are passionate about something, you can call yourself an "_____otaku". In this case Scandal Otaku.

But its totally fine if you guys don't like it. This is just what I choose to use. Happy

facebook page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
youtube page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
our music page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 am

FreeFall

International Performer
International Performer
yoshinator54 wrote:
Yassu wrote:I disagree
I mean, what to mix SCANDAL and Otaku? I know the most of us are fans of SCANDAL and Otaku, but be fan of SCANDAL doesn't mean perforce be Otaku. I think it would be better to have a word which means only "Fan of SCANDAL"

I can see why you disagree. I don't consider myself an otaku at all, but in Japanese "otaku" can also be used as "fan" or "maniac". Otaku doesn't always mean you sit at home and watch anime and read manga all day. So Scantaku can also mean "Scandal Fan". Plus, I thought it was cool because it incorporates Canta in it - Scantaku.

Here's a quote straight out of wikipedia: "In modern Japanese slang, the term otaku is most often equivalent to "geek". However, it can relate to a fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or any form of entertainment" Also, I know this because I'm Japanese.

So technically, if you are passionate about something, you can call yourself an "_____otaku". In this case Scandal Otaku.

But its totally fine if you guys don't like it. This is just what I choose to use.

I agree with @yoshinator. I don't consider myself as an otaku either, but when it comes to SCANDAL I'm totally addicted and passionate. And it's nice because it has "canta" in the middle. The term sounds nice too. Sukyantaku.~

I liked it :3

TIMO OVERFLOW!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 am

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh, I might have started something big! I think the name should be a noun, I like Legionnaire although it is kind of unrelated to SCANDAL but I can't think of anything better. It would be good to have (even more of a) tight SCANDAL fan identity and I think would draw fans together like SCANDAL HEAVEN does, which is very well. Happy I honestly don't think I would be able to be this big a fan if I didn't have this forum to get news and media stuff quickly in English. Thanks SH! Long live SCANDAL! :D

Back to top Go down