I now agree for add SCANtaku to the list for the poll ^^

- Scandalous
- Scandalicious
- Little Blue Zombies
- Légionnaire
-SCANtaku

3 other propositions and I start the poll Tongue

@Phoenix

Even though Légionnaire, or even Little blue zombies aren't related to SCANDAL, they are more originals and less classics, I think it's too easy to know that SCANDALOUS come from SCANDAL ^^'

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

SCANDAL is more than a band, it's a passion

==>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<==
Back to top Go down

Re: Should fans of SCANDAL have a name?
Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Hitaka

Caless Student
Caless Student
i'm think,that Scandalous,Scandalicious is really close to 'SCANDAL'.And Légionnaire sounds frighteningly Onion Depress
If we talk about k-pop fandoms,their names different with band names.For example Wish(SNSD),Queens(T-ara)HOTTEST(2pm)..i'm think we must have something like.....Paparazzi.Because 'paparazzi always needs scandal'
Picture

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
^ Paparazzi?
I understand what you say by "Paparazzi always needs scandal" but a paparazzi is defined as a stalker, so personally it sounds very negative for me Sad
But if several members agree, I'm always ok for add it to the list for the poll ^^

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:11 pm

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
well, this might sound too simple but, what about SCANDALites or maybe SCANDALiens?

Last edited by skywing-SM on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 pm

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
the news? ahaha report all the scandals ahahaha

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
It's ok for SCANDALite, I already saw that this name has been liked by some members, but for SCANDALiens, it's not that I'm against this idea but Aliens are Tokio Hotel's fans ^^'

So I updated the list:

- Scandalous
- Scandalicious
- Little Blue Zombies
- Légionnaire
-SCANtaku
-SCANDALite

I wait for again 2 propositions Happy

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yassu wrote:It's ok for SCANDALite, I already saw that this name has been liked by some members, but for SCANDALiens, it's not that I'm against this idea but Aliens are Tokio Hotel's fans ^^'

oh snap, we got beaten to it lol.
Okay, what about SCANDicted? From SCANDAL + Addicted obviously

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 pm

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
What do you mean Little Blue Zombies aren't related to SCANDAL??? It's their pet! CANTA Noise

EDIT: I did some research and found out it's called Canta...oh well LBZ is more funny and can name us fans...unless you want to be called "SCantas" LOL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:39 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'd avoid any use of the word "otaku" to be honest. I know what it actually means and any person with some knowledge of Japanese culture would know what it means.

Unfortunately, in Western culture the word "otaku" carries negative connotations, implying fanaticism and unhealthy obsession.

I'd rather not waste any time explaining myself to people who don't know the true meaning of it and I'd rather not spend time defending myself and tolerating the inevitable slurs and condescension that will come with it.

I'd rather spend that time talking about SCANDAL and their music so I'm going to have to disagree with one the name suggestions.

Btw, I also think calling a SCANDAL fan Legionnaire only without any clue to the background of the fan group they belong to would be kind of confusing.

In order to work properly, a group of SCANDAL fans may be called SCANDAL Foreign Legion. SFL can be a name for a group of fans, not individuals.

DId that make sense at all? Haha..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
@Skywing

i don't know about SCANDicted, but if many members like it, I'll add it Happy

@Kaitanuva

if I remember correctly, Mami said that Canta is basically an alien and not a Zombie. Moreover, when I say that LBZ is not related to SCANDAL, I mean if you say to someone "I'm a little blue zombie" he won't understand that you mean you're fan of SCANDAL, contrary to if you say "I'm SCANDALOUS" or something like this, it means perforce you're fan of SCANDAL...
And when I said "not related to SCANDAL" I meant it's better Wink

@Macdyne

Légionnaire, and not Legionnaire Tongue

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It could be something related to one of their songs or something as opposed to just their name, like VIPs for BIGBANG comes from one of their early songs named so (I think). I don't know if people need to understand what you mean just from the name, from the names I've seen none of them are that obvious and wouldn't saying 'I'm Scandalous' give the wrong impression to whoever you're talking to (I assumed you meant friends or family or do you mean like other J Pop netizens)? Maybe deriving it from something only a true fan would know would be more meaningful? Not that I have any more ideas but, it's a possibility. I'll sleep on it... Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:05 pm

LuChan

Caless Student
Caless Student
But I agreed with the name SCANDALOUS

Happy Onion Ho Onion Ho Onion Ho Onion Onion Skipping Onion Shy
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Leyh

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rheyolds?feature=mhee
SCANDALOUS is too classic I think even if it sound very good !

For me I like Scantaku, it sounds good, japanese like our girl and this "pun" with Canta is very good !

I have no other ideas, I think you can make a poll even if we don't have 8 propositions ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:24 pm

charleskerwin

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Minna, I have thought of something. What if we call us fanboys as "PLAYBOYS" and the fangirls "DOLLS"? And as for the collective, I thought of RHTM (which will be read as RHYTHM). so, what do you think? :D

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:20 am

OhhmyRina

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
yah right Kerwin Happy) its me Mark Amazed Dangate Wink)

HAHA

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 pm

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Is this thread even considered alive? haha.

Since there's already an idea in my mind, I'll just write it here.

The name that I can come up with is SCANTALOUPE.

It's just a play from Cantaloupe. Why Cantaloupe? I read some articles about Cantaloupes (or their varieties like Melons, Muskmelons, etc) in Japan and found out that Cantaloupes are very famous and high valued (expensive) in Japan. The most expensive Cantaloupe is also from Japan the hybrid "Yubari King". Why not use a name of something that is somehow already familiar in Japan and play with it?

That's just my idea, but IMO when it comes to an official name then SCANDAL would be responsible for that. If that's the case then SCANTALOUPE could be used for the members of SCANDAL HEAVEN.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm

charleskerwin

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^ Well, we can bring this thread back to life. :D It'd be really nice if people here in SH will yet again participate in this thread since nothing was decided back then :D

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 am

OhhmyRina

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
anything that fits the fans Happy) Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:19 pm

thisguy2011

Caless Student
Caless Student
Blessed

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:25 am

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
I've always called fellow fans as "Scandalous".

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:09 am

GoGoKamijo

Caless Student
Caless Student
if you don't mind me asking, who is in your DP?^^^

on topic: I would like something related to scandal, maybe a Japanese equivalent to the word scandal

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 am

OhhmyRina

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Scandolls <3

Back to top Go down