You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Which guitar that Mami uses is your favorite?

Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le113%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 3% [ 5 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le114%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 4% [ 7 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le1162%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 62% [ 121 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le1118%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 18% [ 34 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le112%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 2% [ 4 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le112%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 2% [ 4 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le118%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 8% [ 15 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le111%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 1% [ 2 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le110%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 0% [ 0 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le110%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 0% [ 1 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le110%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 0% [ 0 ]
Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-le111%Favorite MAMI guitar! - Page 3 Bar-ri11 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 194

Favorite MAMI guitar! [Page 3 of 3]

Re: Favorite MAMI guitar!
Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:22 pm

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
definitely MAMI model. just coz it's unique and one of a kind ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The White Falcon! It's so classy and she looks so good with it despite its large size. I also love the Italian Speedster. I need to get one of those >.< 
The Mami Model is cute and cool but I guess it's not my style heheh It's her stable strat though right? So I love it, too X)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
mami model

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 am

ImYourMami

Caless Student
Caless Student
i prefer the jazzmaster...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:24 pm

meloya

meloya

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://meloindex.com
Personally i love when she rocks that White Falcon. I get the same feeling with her new Custom Shop Les Paul.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 09, 2014 4:38 pm

ahxiian

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MAMI Model. It's like her signature guitar.  Punkman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SCANDAL the best all girls band ever !
RINA — I may make a mistake, I may be unable to do it, and I may lose heart..
but I think it is wasteful if I stopped because of such a thing.. I want to steadily change tomorrow by myself !
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 3:22 am

thelaughingman

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Gretsch! if it's a car it's probably an expensive luxury car

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Orsoheart

Orsoheart

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i used to think it's yuuya-kun the sticker strat, but now i think it's her HSS-mami model~

Guys, girls, check this out! help me out! i'll help you too~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i want to go to JAPAN!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Mati Saurus

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The MamiCaster! (I refuse to debate about this :p) 

JazzMaster follows

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Of course, THE Mami Model Strat!

Well, I am thinking of decorating its design to my black G&L Tribute Rampage.

She rocks well with her new Les Paul too. As for her White Falcon, uhmm.... Honestly, still a wild horse for her to tame. It's more of a rockabilly and blues than a punk rock guitar for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:00 am

Mamiisthebest

Mamiisthebest

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/u14464
the MAMI MODEL one.

just love the design and color choice!

.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I choose the Mami Model, I think its her signature guitar and the design is awesome.  Not to mention it makes a really raw sound.
Though my 2nd choice would be The Gretsch White Falcon, it has a unique sound and look.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:25 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Not sure how I missed this poll, but I voted Mami model Happy

Mami does not actually have a 62 AVRI Jazzmaster. That's a Made in Mexico Classic Player Jazzmaster. If it was an AVRI, I'd have voted for it, as I'm a Jazzmaster player/owner. But the Classic Players just have no appeal whatsoever for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 am

eehbes

eehbes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
MAMI Model! If there was only a place where i can buy a Fender American HSS here. .toj.
Btw, fellow Pinoys, any idea how much is the model? I'd customize it myself instead. (i think the MAMI model is rare here)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:05 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
eehbes wrote:MAMI Model! If there was only a place where i can buy a Fender American HSS here. .toj.
Btw, fellow Pinoys, any idea how much is the model? I'd customize it myself instead. (i think the MAMI model is rare here)

List price is $1,099. You should be able to order one from a place like Guitar Center in the US and have it shipped to you. It's just the basic black one, and she's then had it painted and had a black plastic kit added to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Although the "Mami Model" is her most iconic guitar, I couldn't vote on any other than Gretsch. It's probably the most beautiful guitar ever, not just on this list. I fell in love with it instantly, and I'd definitely buy one just to hang on a wall, because I can't play guitar lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:29 pm

p.t.r

p.t.r

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My personal favorite Mami's guitar is blue Les Paul, but as it's not listed in poll options, I voted for Fender USA American Standard Stratocaster HSS “MAMI MODEL”, which would be my second favorite.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:21 am

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
necropost alert*

ever since i saw a pic of the white falcon some 20+ years ago i have always lusted after it. could never justify buying one because ive never thought i was good enough to own one. 

i voted for the melting ice cream / mami model / mamicaster. its unique. its well done. its one of a kind. i liked it so much that i took my own USA standard strat and made a replica. 

but back to the white falcon... not too many guitarists are known for playing one. but frusciante is a favorite. after seeing mami play one on hon wo yomu though, i couldnt stop thinking about it. my holy grail. happy to say i have one on order and should arrive in november! not the same exact model, but also a thin center block double cut model.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
HajimemashiteBINOdesu wrote:necropost alert*

ever since i saw a pic of the white falcon some 20+ years ago i have always lusted after it. could never justify buying one because ive never thought i was good enough to own one. 

i voted for the melting ice cream / mami model / mamicaster. its unique. its well done. its one of a kind. i liked it so much that i took my own USA standard strat and made a replica. 

but back to the white falcon... not too many guitarists are known for playing one. but frusciante is a favorite. after seeing mami play one on hon wo yomu though, i couldnt stop thinking about it. my holy grail. happy to say i have one on order and should arrive in november! not the same exact model, but also a thin center block double cut model.

I was staying at the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas 20+ years ago and admiring Keith Richard's White Falcon that was in a case in the middle of the lobby.  Someone came up to me and commented how cool they had a Keith Richards guitar, and I told the guy I was more in awe that it was a classic White Falcon from the 50's or 60's.  That was a rare sight to look upon one.

Anyway, I too prefer the Mamicaster.  It's her signature just like Buddy Guy's polka dot Strat or Eddie Van Halen's "Frankenstrat."  She looks good and plays well on all the  others, but when that melted ice cream guitar is wrapped around her all is right in the world.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:46 pm

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
Don Dio wrote:I was staying at the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas 20+ years ago and admiring Keith Richard's White Falcon that was in a case in the middle of the lobby.  Someone came up to me and commented how cool they had a Keith Richards guitar, and I told the guy I was more in awe that it was a classic White Falcon from the 50's or 60's.  That was a rare sight to look upon one.

Every White Falcon I have ever seen has been like seeing a Picasso, whether it was in a magazine, TV, computer screen, etc. When mine arrives, I will most likely put it in a humidity controlled glass case with special lighting just so I can gaze upon like a muse for inspiration while I play my MamiCaster replica. But don't worry, I'll play the Falcon every now and then too lol. 

Anyway, I too prefer the Mamicaster.  It's her signature just like Buddy Guy's polka dot Strat or Eddie Van Halen's "Frankenstrat."  She looks good and plays well on all the  others, but when that melted ice cream guitar is wrapped around her all is right in the world.

Ain't that the truth!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:02 pm

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
It's kinda crazy to me that there was never an official Fender 'melting ice cream' model. That has to be her most iconic guitar. I bet if in some magical world Fender could release all her guitars as signature models all at once, the ice cream version would be the one that sold most.

White Falcons are seriously lovely. I find them a little bit awkward (I used to have a white Penguin, which is a lot easier to handle), but their sound is phenomenal. It's not my favourite of Mami's guitars, but it's definitely a bit of a shame she doesn't use it more, considering how good it sounds.

That said, her most recent (technically still current, since the Modern HH signature has only just been announced at the time of writing this) signature Strat, the red one, is my own favourite. It's a nice combination of parts from the 50s to the 80s. I don't usually care about sticking to vintage specs, but if you're going to have a 'traditional' Strat, that's the combination to go for. The 50s neck, 60s pickups, 70s headstock and 80s painted headstock & gold hardware (look up an 80s Fender model called "The Strat" and you'll see where Mami got her inspiration from!) is great.
My one and only complaint with the red model is that it has a single-action truss rod with access at the heel. That's one of Fender's weird restrictions which they should have moved on from decades ago, but for some reason they still insist on all 7.25" radius necks having a single-action truss rod accessible only at the heel. If it had a double-action rod with access at the headstock, like every other modern guitar, it would be perfect. It's still the guitar I'd like to have most (sadly I just don't have room for it edit update: I sold a guitar and have contacted Ikebe about buying one of the last red Mami Strats they have in stock, so hopefully I'm getting one after all!), but I wouldn't want to be her tech trying to keep it playable on tour!

I do love her Les Paul, too. I started out on Les Pauls and still own several, and I used to have a Custom Shop reissue like hers (in a different finish). But they're simply too heavy for me these days, so I gotta go with one of the Strats.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:49 pm

Chrisiceman

Chrisiceman

Caless Student
Caless Student
My favorite is MAMI MODEL. This guitar is special with a MAMI ’s design and it has an awasome rockin’ sound.
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard in 2nd position.
And 3rd position Fender MAMI Stratocaster.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum