Applications [Page 5 of 5]

Re: Applications
Posted on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:48 am

avatar

Ki-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I want to apply.. I hope I'll be accepted...  Sorry

Instrument/s: Vocals
Skill level/experience: Though I play keyboard, but I want to apply in vocals... I can sing Image, Kan Biiru, and Chiisana Honoo decently. My type of voice is Baritone.
Links to examples, if any: I don't have yet, but if I have a chance I'll upload it.
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes, I always visit this site
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? My aunt's room is like a video recording room. Because she sings and play instruments and record it. So I can borrow it...



Last edited by Ki-chan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 am

avatar

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
Ki-chan wrote:I want to apply.. I hope I'll be accepted...  Sorry

Instrument/s: Vocals
Skill level/experience: Though I play keboard, but I want to apply in vocals... I can sing Image, Kan Biiru, and Chiisana Honoo decently. My type of voice is Baritone.
Links to examples, if any: I don't have yet, but if I have a chance I'll upload it.
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes, I always visit this site
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? My aunt's room is like a video recording room. Because she sings and play instruments and record it. So I can borrow it...

No rush, but please post a video or an audio of your singing, as we'd like to hear your voice.

A baritone eh? Can you sing in the style of guys like TM Revolution - some SCANDAL songs sung by a strong rock male voice can work.

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:05 am

avatar

Ki-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:
Ki-chan wrote:I want to apply.. I hope I'll be accepted...  Sorry

Instrument/s: Vocals
Skill level/experience: Though I play keboard, but I want to apply in vocals... I can sing Image, Kan Biiru, and Chiisana Honoo decently. My type of voice is Baritone.
Links to examples, if any: I don't have yet, but if I have a chance I'll upload it.
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes, I always visit this site
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? My aunt's room is like a video recording room. Because she sings and play instruments and record it. So I can borrow it...

No rush, but please post a video or an audio of your singing, as we'd like to hear your voice.

A baritone eh? Can you sing in the style of guys like TM Revolution - some SCANDAL songs sung by a strong rock male voice can work.
My voice is just like Chisa from DIV... And I don't rush.. Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:34 pm

avatar

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Exhilem wrote:

Instrument/s: Piano / Violin
Skill level/experience: I'm playing piano/keyboard for 6 years and violin for 1 only.. hehehe.. i only play in ears for piano ver covers... i also play guitar but.. forget it..

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 pm

avatar

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
D-chan wrote:
Exhilem wrote:

Instrument/s: Piano / Violin
Skill level/experience: I'm playing piano/keyboard for 6 years and violin for 1 only.. hehehe.. i only play in ears for piano ver covers... i also play guitar but.. forget it..

ugh.. i'm so nee in posting here... XD sorry about this.. lemme do it again... gomen... XD 


[size=38]Instrument/s: Piano / Violin [/size]
[size=38]Skill level/experience:[/size] I'm playing piano/keyboard for 6 years and violin for 1 only.. hehehe.. i only play in ears for piano ver covers... i also play guitar but.. forget it.. 
[size=38]Links to examples, if any: here's my latest cover in piano version of chiisana honoo.. yep that's me.. =) [/size]


[size=38] https://youtu.be/mn47I30wGmQ[/size]

[size=38]Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? yep as soon as possible as I can [/size]
[size=38]What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? i only have a headphone with good quality microphone, that's what i use for my videos and covers.. its connected to my phone while recording, i can't hear anything but what i play, so i have to memorize everything and parts of the song... =) [/size]



Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:45 pm

avatar

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
D-chan wrote:
D-chan wrote:
Exhilem wrote:

Instrument/s: Piano / Violin
Skill level/experience: I'm playing piano/keyboard for 6 years and violin for 1 only.. hehehe.. i only play in ears for piano ver covers... i also play guitar but.. forget it..

ugh.. i'm so nee in posting here... XD sorry about this.. lemme do it again... gomen... XD 


[size=42]Instrument/s: Piano / Violin [/size]
[size=42]Skill level/experience:[/size][size=38] I'm playing piano/keyboard for 6 years and violin for 1 only.. hehehe.. i only play in ears for piano ver covers... i also play guitar but.. forget it.. [/size]
[size=42]Links to examples, if any: here's my latest cover in piano version of chiisana honoo.. yep that's me.. =) [/size]


[size=42] <https://youtu.be/mn47I30wGmQ>[/size]

[size=42]Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? yep as soon as possible as I can [/size]
[size=42]What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? i only have a headphone with good quality microphone, that's what i use for my videos and covers.. its connected to my phone while recording, i can't hear anything but what i play, so i have to memorize everything and parts of the song... =) [/size]



Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:56 am

avatar

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
Hi D-chan

It's ok about your attempted post, even though you didn't get there in the end, we could still read your post. So, don't worry about it. But since you are new(ish?) here on SH I hope you know about the multiple post rules that the admins/mods are on about - just edit the post that doesn't look right to prevent double/multiple posting.

I presume that you are applying for a keyboard part? At the mo, we don't have a dedicated keyboard slot (some of our existing rostered members can play the piano/keyboard) but of course you are welcome to apply.

We do welcome people of variable abilities (none of us are professional musicians), but we do expect a certain level of ability, which is to comfortably be able to play the song, if you wanna come in and take part in a cover project.

The standards have been raised a bit of late in many aspects of our covers, so if you wanna apply - please see the past SHCB covers and you need to gauge if your level of playing is sufficient to maintain the standard we have achieved up to now.

As for the instrument you are using - your keyboard in that video looks fine. However, the method you are using to record your cover is of some concern, as it may well be sufficient for a freestyle solo cover, but in a band, every thing has to be played in time (from your description, I think I can safely assume that you have never played in a band? I apologise if you have!) with every one else.

If you can rectify these little shortcomings, please drop us a line again in this thread, and we'll see where we can go from there.

Good work

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:43 pm

avatar

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
i haven't played instruments with band... XD but i do have experience with acapella ~ ah, I'll record our vocal jamming if we have a chance~ thank you! =)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mami.is.life
Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:04 pm

avatar

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
D-chan wrote:i haven't played instruments with band... XD but i do have experience with acapella ~ ah, I'll record our vocal jamming if we have a chance~ thank you! =)

And another thing which I forgot to mention - your described recording method. When you mean a headphone with a good quality mic - did you mean like a webcam setup?

Sorry for the many questions - SH members doing vocals for the projects have home computer recording facilities (USB mic, audio interface etc) as we'd like the best quality audio file one could provide for a project. A voice recording onto a mobile phone (for example) may not be good enough in comparison to a proper set up.

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:12 pm

avatar

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
yes, just like that.. i'm connecting it over my device.. =)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mami.is.life
Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm


xx.simsim

Caless Student
Caless Student
Instrument/s: vocals, bass guitar


Skill level/experience:
I've been singing my entire life! Been performing a lot recently for various things, such as choir, church band, and and a J-Pop competition. I'm still learning bass, but I'm able to play Scandal songs; may apply in the future for a bass part when I'm confident enough.




Links to examples, if any:







Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? 
Yes


What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? 
Condenser mic, usb interface.

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 pm

avatar

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
xx.simsim wrote:Instrument/s: vocals, bass guitar


Skill level/experience:
I've been singing my entire life! Been performing a lot recently for various things, such as choir, church band, and and a J-Pop competition. I'm still learning bass, but I'm able to play Scandal songs; may apply in the future for a bass part when I'm confident enough.


Links to examples, if any:





Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? 
Yes


What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? 
Condenser mic, usb interface.

You won that? You're in.

Grin

SHCB ni yōkoso!

Back to top Go down

Re: Applications
Posted on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 am


xx.simsim

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:
xx.simsim wrote:Instrument/s: vocals, bass guitar


Skill level/experience:
I've been singing my entire life! Been performing a lot recently for various things, such as choir, church band, and and a J-Pop competition. I'm still learning bass, but I'm able to play Scandal songs; may apply in the future for a bass part when I'm confident enough.


Links to examples, if any:





Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? 
Yes


What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? 
Condenser mic, usb interface.

You won that? You're in.

Grin

SHCB ni yōkoso!
Thank you so much! I'm so excited to take part in this. LOVE

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5