You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life?
Posted Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm

RP

RP

International Performer
International Performer
i already didn't know the difference between night and day, Onion Wahaha
thanks God there's SCANDAL to keep me up whenever im doing my works. they made me pursue my studies and they brings up the the "already sleeping" musician in me..

im planning now to sideline as a muscian if i may. i will strive/work hard to have those careers because of SCANDAL.even 3 just for SCANDAL Onion Shine

and also, i drink pocari sweat almost everyday because of them..BEUTeen!!!!hahaha,

Last edited by rollingproject on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:12 am

orphicviper

Caless Student
Caless Student
Discovering Scandal reinvigorated my love of music! Contemporary music here in the US is (to me) unlistenable. No creativity... no artistry... no beauty... and no joy.

With Scandal, I WANT to listen to music again! In fact, I can't wait until I can listen to them again. Their songs make me feel happy, pick me up when I feel down, and just put me in a better mood. When I listen to them, they carry me away for awhile so I can forget about life's troubles. Their enthusiasm and energy are so contagious - you can tell they love the music they make & perform!!

They also opened my eyes and ears to the fact that music is a universal language we all can share. Thank god I found Scandal - the world would be a lot less beautiful without you girls!!!

Onion Love

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 0d2vr6jHow did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 2vr6
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:35 am

Rinshei

Rinshei

International Performer
International Performer
http://japanslot.blogspot.com/
scandal make me know about japan, and active use japanese language

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Untitled-1-1

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Rinshei

Visit Our Blog At Japanslot
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:53 pm

asuna

asuna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://thebudgetgeek.blogspot.com
I've always wanted to learn bass since I've always noticed the basslines of songs instead of the melody. Tomomi inspired me to actually go out there, buy a bass and play. And I must say I now enjoy playing bass more than the guitar, but of course I still have much to learn.

And of course, following the girls on Twitter made me try to practise my Japanese as well as learn new words, even though their slang is kinda tough to understand.

SCANDAL also gave me the opportunity to plan out an overseas trip by myself and travel for the first time without my family. Now I'm kinda addicted to it, if they come to HK every year I'll probably try to go each time Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Azumi_June

Azumi_June

Banned
Banned
well, when i saw their PV@consert, 1 things that comes through my mind "Girls can Rock"
i've never seen a girls rock band ever since i've been born.. xD..
it makes me addicted to music, n it makes me wanna continue as a drummer.. Ho Onion

スキャンダル!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:27 am

lotusnipe

lotusnipe

Caless Student
Caless Student
SCANDAL make me want to start learning japanese, to watch all their interviews without subs n understand their songs more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:23 am

ohmyHaruna

ohmyHaruna

Caless Student
Caless Student
hmm....i always think about Scandal when im in school...lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:45 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
SCANDAL got me into Japanese music, and they're also the main reason why I started learning Japanese.

I'm half-Japanese, born and raised in Los Angeles, and the only language I knew was English (I'm yonsei - fourth generation in the US), though I always was around the culture, knew a few words in Japanese, had Japanese-speaking relatives (haha my great-grandmother used to call me Mie-chan), and had loved Japanese stuff when I was younger. One of my friends was obsessed with anime at one point and got me hooked on some series as well, such as Fullmetal. Then, for reasons that I still can't understand, I started disliking all things Asian when I was in my early teen years and such. lol I really don't know wth happened to me then...blame it on teenage hormones and high school. Facepalm

lol anyway, I started watching FMA:B around the time the third OP and ED first began airing and had generally liked most of the songs that were used in the anime so far, so when I heard about the fourth OP and ED that were coming out, I was excited to find out which songs were going to be used. Soon radio rips were posted online and I listened to both of them. I really liked both of them but had especially liked Shunkan Sentimental. One thing led to another and soon I was obsessed with SCANDAL. I think they were probably the first Japanese band/artist whose music I really, truly enjoyed + downloaded. I started to listening to more Japanese artists after them, and Japanese music is pretty much all I'm listening to right now. I honestly don't really care for much American music nowadays. haha.

Skipping ahead a little to the end of Jan./Feb. of last year: I had to take at least one more class for my upcoming college semester, and I figured, "Hey, why not Japanese? I love Japanese music and would love to understand what they (though mainly just SCANDAL lol) are saying." So I took the class and immediately began loving the language, although it can be rather difficult and sometimes makes my head feel like it's going to explode. haha. I really hope that one day I can become fluent in it. I also began loving all things Japanese again...and now I'm beginning to crave for some sushi...

I also would love to go to Japan one day. I don't think I could ever live there by myself for a long length of time, though, so I'd probably go there to study for a bit, and, of course, to see SCANDAL live haha. One day!

Edit: A little after a year from when I first wrote this, I did go to Japan for their Budokan live haha. And I also would like to add that if it wasn't for SCANDAL, I never would have met my amazing giraffe How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Oie_2510

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 am

Mahaha

Mahaha

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
they changed my life completely.
They are partly the reason im learning japanese now.
and also i think of them every minute xD

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Rsz_1s11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:29 am

tomomi-jackie

tomomi-jackie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Here mine:
Hmmm.....i am a normal j-pop fan but one day,I was playing my computer game after 2 hour,i felt boring so i go watch Animax and i saw their PV and i was curious and i copy their band name and search for their PV.After watching their PV i started to be their Fan and i started to become more hardworking then before and i started to find SCANDAL poster in Singapore and finally find one.... .hardwork.
That how i met SCANDAl... .love.
Sorry for bad english as i never type so much before. .shy.

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Tomomijackie
Thanks Freakypandaz
Tomomi Rock!
Tomomi:I’m a regular girl, so I just use regular words.
How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Iw036ofnpn
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 pm

danny_warfield

danny_warfield

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.warriorsofterrestria.wordpress.com
Hm.. Okay here is my story (quite boring perhaps..)
Spoiler:

So.. I just could say THIS IS IT:

THANK YOU SCANDAL for HELPING me REVIVE from ThE ABYSS of DARKNESS.. I really Owe you girl, For this SPIRIT/cosmo LOVE

Last edited by danny_warfield on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : almost like novelic story for me ahaha)

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Magicrhapsodyartistcopy

MY DOUJINSHI TRIBUTE FOR SCANDAL
SCANDAL Funny Moment Doujinshi

Dear GOD, I promise, I'll become a good boy, so when I die, I could enter the heaven, and in there I could met and own the goddesses like HARU, MAMI, RINA and TOMO .please.

MY ONLINE NOVEL
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 am

SL21

SL21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The SCANDAL BAND is the best japanese girl band.......
.....because they are the reason why I even liked more the music.. Happy)

:whistle:

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 pm

yukiko1771

Caless Student
Caless Student
SCANDAL helped me to get through a really bad break-up.
When I felt absolutely devastated about my ex moving on with another girl, the songs Aitai and Namida no Regret really helped me. This sounds so silly, but I felt like I was Rina in the Namida no Regret PV hahaha.
And on the days when I was so depressed I didn't want to get up, especially since there was a possibility I would run into my ex at school, GIRLism inspired me to get out of bed, get myself looking decent and walk into school with my head held high.
When I felt like I wasn't worth anything, the SCANDAL members' attitude and confidence inspired me (and still inspires me) to be more confident in myself, to find what it is I'm passionate about and go for it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:15 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
before, i never listen to jap music but when i know them i come to listen jap music. hehe

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:17 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
but not to the point that i collect almost all of their pv's and even interviews.. and as time passes by i felt like im not doing so much for them.. im poor so i can't buy any of their albums.. i just download them and that doesn't help them that much.. so i decided maybe i can help in making them known in other ppl..

gosh.. i really felt the same...i never listened to pop rock before... but these girls, even though they were commercialized as pop... all i can say is that they really rock...

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 63034914
How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Gootalove
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 am

klaide-kun

klaide-kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
SCANDAL made me believe MORE that girls can make good rock music (yeah, their way better than some male bands) and make inspirational music :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:09 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Discovering SCANDAL (and to a lesser extent, Stereopony) rekindled my interest in music again. I'm playing guitar again, thanks to them.

Never in my life did I ever think that I would be so crazy about a JAPANESE POP ROCK GIRL BAND. If my metalhead friends knew about this....

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:30 am

SL21

SL21

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
.....all I want to say.....
...beAcuse of them I even more love MUsic than other skills that I have... .smile.
___________________________________________________________________________________
How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Rinasu16
..TOTALLY LOVE..

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 am

hirose

hirose

SPAMMER
SPAMMER
Scandal inspired me and make me like japan culture

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Freakypandaz

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
SCANDAL influenced me to start listening to J-music... eventually that led me to stop listening to english songs, which I so totally do not regret switching. It also influenced me (along with anime) to start learning jap... even though I'm doing it off the web for now.

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Rina2u
If the pouring rain stops, the new sky will shine. Anytime can change for sure, as long as you seriously wish for it everything will be alright. ~会いたい - SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:06 pm

kylelaluces

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
I can never imagine a day without SCANDAL now... Seriously. There isn't a day where I don't listen to their songs, or watch any of their vids, or even log-on here. SCANDAL definitely pulled me in. Hook, line, and sinker. And I'm so glad to be a SCANDAL fan. :)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:35 am

dubbi

dubbi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Before I knew scandal, Japan for me was only one country in Asia
After I heard Scandal I interest me in the country, the Japanese culture, the language, the people and simply everything which comes from Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm not gonna be hypocritical and say that SCANDAL introduced me to Jap rock, because well, in all honesty, they didn't, YUI did. And I won't even say that they are my favourite Jap rock artists, that title goes to L'Arc en Ciel.

So how did SCANDAL change my life? Well, for one, I'd be a lot less broke now xD But nah, I strongly believe that whatever I buy now is completely worth it, I mean, let's face it, we live in a world filled with piracy, and I would not even consider getting their albums if I didn't think they are worth it, which they are, every penny. (Except for maybe Nanka Buttobase) xD

All in all though, SCANDAL...well, they filled a void in my musical world. Before I met them, I was honestly pretty bored with Japanese music, or hell, music in general. Ironic, considering I was learning how to play the guitar at the time, but fact is, nothing interested me. YUI sounded bland, all the new artists was meh, or just plain lacking in talent. In all honesty, when I downloaded DOLL, I didn't consider SCANDAL to be anything more than your average girlie band which just sells on their cuteness. Not that those types of bands are a bad thing, just that I was sick with the AKB48 and Morning Musumes,of this world, they're all...repetitive.

Of course, Shunkan wasn't. It was well, rock. Like, LITERAL rock, not some half-assed girlie pop rock, and that's when I started thinking that I found a gem in my hands. I downloaded BEST SCANDAL soon after, and well, I was pretty much assured by that point in time. SCANDAL was here to stay.

And so, several hundred bucks and several thousand listens later, here I am, a proud fan of SCANDAL. I have watched them transform from cute high school girls to intense rock princesses. I can't say I approved of all of their career decisions..or hell, all of their singles for that matter. (Sorry, but Nanka Buttobase just wasn't good enough for me), but I know that I'll always be their fan, until it reaches the point where they nosedived to "Happy Rotation" territory (Youtube it, go ahead), and I will always be thankful to SCANDAL for filling up my iTunes for the past 2 years, and hopefully for the next years to come.

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:28 pm

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
i wonder why i dont have anything posted here.. ehem..here's mine Waaa Onion

well, like most guys here before i met them, i was a closet otaku turned magician who cut ties with Japanese culture.(yes i did that) the reason is i got bored with everything related to Japan.

Something weird happened tho, one day my sis asked me, "Oi bakayarou! have you heard of SCANDAL? i said huuuuuuuuuuuuuh?!?! wth you talking about?!?! and she said that it was an from bleach. so i decided to search it. and at first i was like .fustrated. .

but after pressing the replay button alot i grew fond of them and decided to research everything about them. thus locating BEAUTeen and becoming a fanboy .clap.

Since then my fondness of J-music, and everything about Japan came back.
and i dont regret spending my time or anything for SCANDAL :D

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:26 pm

haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
^ why didn't you add the.. "i met the love of my life in SH coz of SCANDAL"

.lol.

How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
How did SCANDAL affect/changed your life? - Page 3 F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)