You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Aoyama_Nanami

Aoyama_Nanami

Caless Student
Caless Student
to me, during this year scandal have not done something that "worth", i mean their brand-new songs seem to be a fragment from something bigger, although the rebot song is fine :3. I think scandal will have a downgrade in popularity with these songs in this year because I like performances from osaka jo-hall to past years. I think if they give more time to their music and travel around for references for their lyrics, 2014 will be awesome because i know they can do something better. This is my humble opinion.

Spoiler:

I'm not being unrespectul, right? I've been subjective.

Have a nice day.

7. Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.
(Ludwig Wittegenstein)
Back to top Go down
Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was going to post this on the OVER DRIVE thread, but this applies to every PV I see, not just OVER DRIVE's.

It's not that I hate SCANDAL's PVs, but I think something like Awanai's, Kagen's, Shunkan's and many others of their PVs are kinda boring. They are just there, playing their instruments. It's like a live performance, but changing the awesomeness of improvising and overall energy with random special effects.

On the other hand, I love PVs like Taiyou Scandalous, Cute! or Pinheel Surfer. Something fun, different, that they can't do everywhere else. Sure they are a band, playing instruments is their job, but they do that all the time, I think they could match the PV with the lyrics to tell a story or something.

Just a quick edit: yeah, I just realized I don't like the PVs for my favorite songs...

Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Aoyama_Nanami wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm a bit disappointed too that for the past few singles, Mami did not do any cool guitar solo, she only does intro. But I don't think Mami comes up with the solo herself. That should be the job of the composer or arrangers but her name is not in one of those. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well maybe you will be happy with the new album, MAMI is "composer" for 2 songs it seems : https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t9212p120-5th-album-standard#589866

Back to top Go down
bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
im pretty convinced that haru has had a surgery on her eyes and i dnt like it. 
i dont get why she has had them done. she was perfectly fine the way she was before and i liked her eyes and i liked staring at them Sad

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down
atpsiam

atpsiam

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hapihapi wrote:im pretty convinced that haru has had a surgery on her eyes and i dnt like it. 
i dont get why she has had them done. she was perfectly fine the way she was before and i liked her eyes and i liked staring at them Sad
Huh? are you sure? They havent seem to change, to me at least.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 Cute15
Wish I could find a ninja girl like her .love.
Back to top Go down
Erick M

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
This is more like suggestion or wishes than something that I don't like .hmmm. 

Well since they are can sing and almost sing alternate or together in almost every song maybe SCANDAL should Introduce themself as a Band with all vocal members it make them more unique compare to other band and perhaps put less pressure on Haruna.
Of course Haruna will always be introduced as the leader and the main vocalist but I think the fact that they're all can sing in alternate and in harmony should be 1 of their strength that should be Introduce or promote specially for their new fans.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 E-sign10
Please don't take my jokes too seriously
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 SAPOG0d
Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@hapihapi. I don't know if she's had surgery or not and frankly, none of us fans do but to me it just looks like eyelid glue cause sometimes you can't see her double eyelids and her eyes look smaller in some events they've been to...

@Aoyama. I sorta agree too. I don't get much SCANDAL vibes from the songs... Except Awanai.

With all due respect, For the four past consecutive singles (including PHS), it's surprising how the title songs aren't written by any members but I guess it's made up with the amount of work they've put in STANDARD.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
About HARU's eyelids, there's no doubt in my mind that yes, she did get them done. Depending on what kind of makeup she has on, you can really tell that her eyelids don't look how they did before. They're now really pronounced and higher up. I highly doubt that it's eyelid glue/tape/makeup/etc., and I also highly doubt that she'd want to keep doing that every single day, especially with their packed and hectic schedule. She can definitely afford blepharoplasty so I don't see why she wouldn't just do that instead of just temporary solutions, and it is a fairly popular thing in Asia after all.

But I too am not a fan of her new eyelids and I personally like her eyes the way they were before, but she must have not liked how they were before if she did get them done. We shouldn't judge her for wanting to change something she doesn't like on herself. So, if she likes how her eyes look now, then good for her!

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^Yeah, it does make more sense that way. It's just that sometimes in lives from a distance, her eyes still look the same to me lol. Most of us are here for their music and like you said, if Haruna's happy with it, then we should be happy for her :3 

Although... this is a little contradicting to what I said before but I prefer her old eyes too huhu. Honestly, I thought they looked perfectly fine... but whatever somebody sees as perfect, to us girls, it always seems like it's not and that those things can always be better haha.

Back to top Go down
Ronrinesu

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I think what's pissing me off is Haruna's terrible vocal technique. I have to admit she is really bad. It is easy to hear she is often straining and it's damaging for her voice. I just don't understand why she just doesn't take proper voice training lessons. It was somehow understandable when they were still rookies but nowadays they are probably the most known Japanese female band and Haruna has barely improved since their indie days. 
I just hope she won't turn into the Japanese Park Bom.

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 40-3

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒️ DeviantART ♒️ Tumblr ♒️ MyAnimeList ♒️ Last.fm 

♒️ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down
JDarryl

JDarryl

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ronrinesu wrote:I think what's pissing me off is Haruna's terrible vocal technique. I have to admit she is really bad. It is easy to hear she is often straining and it's damaging for her voice. I just don't understand why she just doesn't take proper voice training lessons. It was somehow understandable when they were still rookies but nowadays they are probably the most known Japanese female band and Haruna has barely improved since their indie days. 
Personally, I love it when the sound is a bit rough around the edges. That said, while they're still innovative in their sound, I think the whole thing sounds a little too perfect and polished every now and then. That's why I still consider Space Ranger one of their best songs because it has a good share of raw energy in it.

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Ronrinesu wrote:I think what's pissing me off is Haruna's terrible vocal technique. I have to admit she is really bad. It is easy to hear she is often straining and it's damaging for her voice. I just don't understand why she just doesn't take proper voice training lessons. It was somehow understandable when they were still rookies but nowadays they are probably the most known Japanese female band and Haruna has barely improved since their indie days. 
So basically you hate her for being so bad and ruining all the songs and the band. Great. Something else?

Back to top Go down
Ronrinesu

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
LOL I never said I hate her. But her improper technique is not good for her because it is damaging. She already suffered from it once when she almost lost her voice. I love her voice, it is very interesting and different, but a beautiful voice doesn't make a singer good. If she continues to use wrong techniques she can permanently damage her voice and even lose it forever next time. I am saying that as a fan and a person who actually really likes her. But will there be SCANDAL if Haruna can't sing anymore?

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 40-3

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒️ DeviantART ♒️ Tumblr ♒️ MyAnimeList ♒️ Last.fm 

♒️ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well your first message about this surely doesn't show you like her and that you care about her voice : pissing me off, terrible technique, she is really bad, has barely improved.

It sounds more like you dislike her and that she ruins the songs for you. I mean I have no problem with people who don't like A or B or C but when you use such strong words it really surprises me and makes me wonder how and why you listen to SCANDAL at all O_O

I mean this is no small detail like "hum I don't like her outfit", this is basically one of the most important thing in the band, the voice of the lead singer.

They said they take care of her voice now after what happened in the past.

Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
She does take vocal lesson and try to fix the situation. It's just that it may not be so straightforward. she used to have a decent vocal, I admit it's not great even back then. Check out Best Scandal tour, she seldom strain before. But after her vocal problem, she never be able to reach higher notes without straining. And sometimes she sounds so soft (this maybe to avoid straining more).

Still it's worrying that despite vocal training she's not able to reach the notes she used to without straining. This makes me think that her voice is not really healed completely. Many singers never sound the same after vocal injury and for some it takes years to recover (without surgery). Some are forced to change their singing technique and need some time to be able to use it properly. I think these may apply to Haruna too. I just hope that this straining would decrease in the future.

What I don't like about the whole Haruna vocal injury episode is that the company seems not very supportive of her. She already could not sing at all, why not take some time to recover properly before coming back. I felt that way Haruna's voice can heal better. Although there's a possibility it's Haruna herself who insisted to keep going. But I feel if she had enough support from the whole crew, she would listen and decided to stop. Now if suppose her vocal problem returns, I'm really worried that she would take it hard on herself even more. I hope not.

Last edited by baymon on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Erick M

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
I think there are no right technique for singer when they have very long tight live schedules.
Beside "the right technique" require microphone technique and proper body gesture which is almost impossible when a singer in a band that must holding and play instrument and dance too.
Some great singer may do many trick than just pure vocal technique which is a team of sound engineer and mixing instrument behind them even some editing.
Personally I like a little rough an un-perfect sound as long as the artist/band can have a great fun, energy and good mood to share with the fans. And for me SCANDAL still do.
So what I don't like is they seems a little less fun than before, maybe because the band become some kind of routine daily work.

Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 E-sign10
Please don't take my jokes too seriously
Is there something about SCANDAL that you don't like? - Page 9 SAPOG0d
Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Hello boys and girls!

This is probably off topic again but lately we have seen some... err, disagreements here and there about choices of words, what constitutes harshness, what should and should not be the way to say things etc etc. They have been a few examples lately, but it's not necessary for me to point them out. I'm sure there is no actual malice intended when such posts appear but the way we say things is really quite important.

I think it would be helpful for everyone to ask the following 2 questions before posting. I think it will help much in preventing misunderstanding and in making communication smoother and pleasant for everyone.

Before we submit our posts on the forum, we should ask

Question The First

Would I say what I am about to post in good company and in real life? If I were to say this out loud would I be considered rude?

Question The Second

If I were to have an opportunity to say what I am about to post to any member of SCANDAL or their staff, would they be offended by my language? Is it something I would actually say out loud in front of [insert name of SCANDAL member here]? Would she find my way of talking agreable?

There you go, I think if we do these things we can enjoy the forum much more, the atmosphere will remain positive and we get to express our opinions in a clear way, free from potential misunderstanding.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

@topic

After Haru's voice problems, I think she probably did have to change the way she sings. If it is true that her technique was the thing that caused the problem, it would make sense to change it.

We are concerned, of course, but I choose to have faith and think that the team and the girls themselves will take precautions to prevent a repeat of what was a really traumatic period in the band's history.

Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Erick M wrote:I think there are no right technique for singer when they have very long tight live schedules.
Beside "the right technique" require microphone technique and proper body gesture which is almost impossible when a singer in a band that must holding and play instrument and dance too.
Some great singer may do many trick than just pure vocal technique which is a team of sound engineer and mixing instrument behind them even some editing.
Personally I like a little rough an un-perfect sound as long as the artist/band can have a great fun, energy and good mood to share with the fans. And for me SCANDAL still do.
So what I don't like is they seems a little less fun than before, maybe because the band become some kind of routine daily work.
But it's still important to pay attention to it cause improper technique for a singer who has to sing a lot is damaging to the voice. This is why there are a lot of band who sounds so bad as they age. If Scandal wants to continue another 10 or 20 years, Haru needs to start to learn proper technique. And I think it applies to Tomo too.

Back to top Go down
waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Squall wrote:I don't like that they have been playing the same songs over and over again when there's a broadcast. I'm aware that they may have performed their songs at least once, but I'll like to listen to songs like Koe, Kimi ni shitto chuu, Playboy, even old songs like Shoujo S and Anata ga mawaru every now and then.

I would also prefer more Rockish songs. I'm ok with what they have been releasing lately, at least they keep playing their instruments.

And finally, I don't like that Haruna keeps getting thinner. I think it may have something to do with her braces, they say it's quite uncomfortable to eat and you are forbidden certain food, but she should gain a bit more of weight.
Hey, wow, I've just been thinking about this too. They're always playing the same songs in slightly different set lists. Yeah, they're probably the more popular singles, but I also think it'd be great to play some old and some that have never seen the stage before. We also certainly don't want the girls getting "bored" of playing their songs too many times (does that happen? I don't play in a band so I don't have a clue). 
Maybe they want to keep them for solo concerts so that the fans who go are privileged to see them =P

I'm actually really liking what they've been releasing lately, especially Kagen no Tsuki. I felt a bit skeptical when i first heard Overdrive but it's catchy and does make me feel really... just a good feeling. 

I was reading the first couple of pages too and I agree with the whole over-effects in their studio recordings.

Edit: Forgive me, I just had to get something down and I didn't read the posts in reply. I get the whole preparation thing. I'm also new soo.... Don't mind me!

Back to top Go down
Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I agree about the same songs played over and over again, but someone already explained a band can only memorize a handful of songs to play live at once. Sorry, I don't remember where so I can't link to the post, or even give proper credits to the member who actually said this, but sounds plausible they can't play all their songs at any time at will.

They played Taiyou Scandalous at every live appearance this summer, but hey, it fits the season. What I really can't understand are the same preparations for songs that are played quite often. Tomomi's towell-spinning aways leads to DOLL, and they really like to start a live with LOVE SURVIVE. Details like these really are not a bad thing, but I can't help myself every time I see them, the first thing that comes to my mind is "AGAIN?!"

And about Haruna's overall looks, I don't know what you all are talking about. To me, she never looked better than now. Love Struck

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
The only thing about Scandal that I don't like is WE ARE IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!
All others are minor and don't matter.

Back to top Go down
echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It's not just Scandal who has similar style of set list during festivals and concerts. It' only natural for them to play their popular songs since that is what most people (including the non-fans) recognize. For their other concerts, I doubt that the concert goers really make a big deal out of the set list. During concerts, the audience pay more attention to the energy and the experience of seeing their favorite band sing their songs. 

On topic: 
I hate to say it, but some things I hate about Scandal are about my favorite member, which is Haruna.
1. Haruna keeps getting thinner. There are times when I get distracted by her super thin legs in the Scandal in the House PV and during that live of Kagen no Tsuki.
2. She strains her voice. I don't know much about the technicalities in singing, but it's hard to watch Haruna strive to reach the high notes in their songs, especially with Shunkan Sentimental. It's very obvious that she's having a hard time with that song. I'm just glad that it seems like her voice is improving. 

I used to hate Tomomi's voice a lot, but I learned to love it because it complements Haruna's voice  in most of their songs.

Back to top Go down
drake79

drake79

Caless Student
Caless Student
echu2012 wrote:
On topic: 
I hate to say it, but some things I hate about Scandal are about my favorite member, which is Haruna.
1. Haruna keeps getting thinner. There are times when I get distracted by her super thin legs in the Scandal in the House PV and during that live of Kagen no Tsuki.
2. She strains her voice. I don't know much about the technicalities in singing, but it's hard to watch Haruna strive to reach the high notes in their songs, especially with Shunkan Sentimental. It's very obvious that she's having a hard time with that song. I'm just glad that it seems like her voice is improving. 

I used to hate Tomomi's voice a lot, but I learned to love it because it complements Haruna's voice  in most of their songs.
Haruna may getting thinner at that time, some logically reason is because her Tooth brace is affecting her, it is soon hurt alot as it get activated, that is the only reason why that i can think of about, today she is not that skinny anymore, i love her appereance now, she is gorgeous and look more mature .love.

and about her voice, i think she can't get her 100% voice back after she lost her voice a year ago, but she is improving

Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I just thought of something.

This problem, it happens a lot, whether I'm listening to their SCANOMICS radio show or watching an interview or one of those behind the scenes fly-on-the-wall videos.

The girls talk TOO FAST! I... I can't keep up! Please, girls, don't talk too fast and don't slur so much. Or use too much Kansai-ben/Nagoya-ben. Or too much slang.

lol.. just kidding. In all seriousness, listening to the girls talking helps me a lot in my Japanese language studies. They've unknowingly taught me a great deal about their language, much more than what I can get from lessons and textbooks.

I just wish they didn't TALK SO FAST! AAAAGGHHHH!!!

(Yes, yes, I know, the problem is actually me not them haha!)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.