Re: How did you discover SCANDAL?
Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 am

asuna

asuna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://thebudgetgeek.blogspot.com
I first knew them through Eugene, lame and natchi Tongue

We were meeting up a few times last year to jam random YUI songs, and one day they decided to do SCANDAL songs (Shoujo S and Doll I believe) so I went to learn those songs and discovered the existence of SCANDAL

at that time I was more into chatmonchy, Ajikan and YUI so I didn't really take notice, but I did find their songs rather nice to listen to

fast forward to 2010 and FMA: B - I was surprised to see "SCANDAL" being listed in the credits for the ending song Shunkan.

My interest was piqued - did some research, downloaded their BEST SCANDAL album, took a listen, liked what I listened, did a youtube search for their PVs, watched Space Ranger and fell in love with it. Watched some of their lives and fell in love with TIMO .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:20 am

valvoga

Caless Student
Caless Student
ED4 of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Shunkan sentimental
The song is very awesome so i find out more about the singer
Then i see its an all girl band its awesome like in K-on (anime)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Haha.. Just like many of you, i discovered them from Bleach...

I am a very big fan of Bleach and was really addicted to it. Then Season 10 came and I instantly liked the opening song they used. Then one day a friend of mine (a bleach addict too) said "I saw the PV for that Bleach song. They were four girls wearing school uniforms." I got curious, so I downloaded the PV from a Bleach Fansite. I watched it..... then---BAM! I screamed "THEY WE'RE SO CUTE!!!" that made my room mate came rushing to the room saying "What are you screaming about?" Then I let her watch the PV and she said "What a weird teeth.." (she's referring to Haruna). I said "But that makes her cuter! Hahaha."

And the rest is history. Though I always remind myself that I'm a girl.. hahaha. really love Haruna.. .love.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm

ichiiru-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
i meet scandal when my bandmate showed me their koi moyou MV...
the time i saw the vid and hear it.. i already hooked into that song and i liked haruna the first time i saw her in that PV.. whew.. can't explain that feeling... after, that i researched all about scandal and downloaded their all song.. I LOVE SCANDAL!! specially HARUNA!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:08 am

patrick_for_haruna_lol

Caless Student
Caless Student
um , i found scandal by accident lol . i was lookinq for k - pop on youtube but i ended up watchinq scandal - shojo s instead ..... qreatest accident , ever . i swear i was about to abondon k - pop all toqether for these qirls Onion XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:13 am

xFreezex

xFreezex

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was brousing through songs at jpopasia when I came across their song "Shunkan Sentimental". Watched the PV and it attracted it, which makes me listen to other of their songs and found out that bleach opening "Shoujo S" was sang by them. This make me wanted to find out more about them and now I'm addicted to them. Onion Love Love

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:30 pm

layachanx3

layachanx3

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i learned about SCANDAL when i was downloading the ost for fma brotherhood and saw that they sung Shunkan Sentimental and i remembered that ive watched thembefore in a music show (shoujo s pv) and thought they're pretty cool and so i came by this forum to get to know them more.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 Sigggggy
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 pm

ScandalLover

ScandalLover

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, i got to know SCANDAL through bleach. ( Yup like many others )
Shoujo s was very catchy and i enjoyed listening to it. Then i got curious, and searched for them and BAMM! .boom. I found SCANDAL. So i started listening to their songs and found them really good. And i became a fan of them like overnight and i LOVED THEM EVER SINCE!

Just a dude who loves SCANDAL and Tomomi!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:41 am

haruchan

haruchan

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ainoro.livejournal.com
When I was in Japan, I watched their Pocari Sweat PV and got interested and when I searched about them, I found out they're really awesome 8D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:09 pm

beckych10

beckych10

Caless Student
Caless Student
it was when i saw their best scandal cd in one of a friends lockerr
so i asked him what is it and he just said 'you must hear it! it is so nice!'
then he just gave it to me
and when i took it home and see it
I LOVED IT [:

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Kakuzu Akatsuki

Banned
Banned
~ ENTRY DELETED ~

Last edited by Kakuzu Akatsuki on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

as of december 18, 2010: 71 days with 14.120454 registration on the average
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Azumi_June

Azumi_June

Banned
Banned
this early year.. Nice one

スキャンダル!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Around late '08 and early '09...

I didn't know about the band until a friend of mine, who attended Sakuracon '08, happened to see them perform upfront... He didn't say anything about them until I asked him how the convention went and he told me about SCANDAL...

Both him and I respect the usage of raw instruments and he wouldn't stop talking about their style, so we went in search of their music, but no luck... I gave a call to some relatives in Japan to see if their stuff was localized only to Japan and even they couldn't confirm anything...

That is...

Until near the end of 2008, I ran into "Doll" somehow and absolutely loved "SL Magic"... I could only find bits and pieces of info at the time, but that was around the period where they were going from indie to mainstream, so I was hoping they'd get bigger...

Long story short, I kept to their music and regarded the band at the top of my jrock list, but it wasn't until they did a cover to ZONE's "Secret Base", that I finally gave them my full attention and support...

ZONE is highly respected in the trade and for SCANDAL to perform that song, was like a tribute in my eyes... SCANDAL deserves to be on top of the podium now!

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 am

jecman

Caless Student
Caless Student
i was addicted to kpop at that time, when my friend showed me a video of them,

and the rest is history...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:25 am

VP24

Caless Student
Caless Student
decided to check out the PV for shoujo s (after a few weeks of not being able to get the bleach opening out of my head), liked what i saw so i checked out some of their live performances (space ranger in particular) and realised they weren't just a group of pretty faces

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:05 am

Goldenarms

Goldenarms

International Performer
International Performer
i started being a fan of them when i saw their picture on a online community site.
i was attracted by their beauty and started searching for some information about them.
then i found out that they are a band from Japan and then i searched for their videos
on youtube and BOOOOOM! .boom. i became addicted to them and became a fan

they're all like godesses of rock .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Err...I have this thing of downloading random singles or albums from a J-music website just to check them out, so one day I decided to get this "Shunkan Sentimental" thing cause the band looked pretty cool.

Listened to it, and well, I thought it was pretty good, but it wasn't until I downloaded BEST SCANDAL that I really got around to liking them. I considered the album to be the second best J-Rock album I have ever heard in my whole entire life. (Second to I LOVED YESTERDAY by YUI)

After that well... they released secret base, I got addicted. They released Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku Story, I got addicted to Switch. They released Namida no Regret, and I got addicted to Shining Sun...

Yeah, you guys get the point. XD

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Misato

Misato

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://scandal-fan-ii.forumsactifs.com/forum.htm
I have known SCANDAL before going to the Japan Expo '08... I went on their myspace and I liked their music. And then seeing HARUNA with my own eyes, I fell in love with her... but I must return to Earth, too many boys love HARUNA.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 Pubbann
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:01 am

dubbi

dubbi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I look  youtube videos  and  suddenly  i saw shojo s of SCANDAL. It pleased me immediately and I looked for further videos of that band.
Now i enjoy the best girl rock band ever.

Last edited by dubbi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:24 pm

yohane-kun

yohane-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
about three weeks ago.. a friend of mine is searching for ending theme of K-ON which is
Don't Say Lazy. after hearing that song, i was amazed. Then i research about them, and i discovered that they are all Japan Girl Band. I fell in love at Haru-chan after seeing their Live
performance on Don't Say Lazy

Then i start finding their songs. and i've been both loving Shoujo S and Shunkan Sentimental. I've been interest because they are very active today thats why i become a Fan.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 Image
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:20 pm

aron94

aron94

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://yui-lover.com
I can say i know SCANDAL long ago. just that i am to busy with YUI and X Japan searching stuff that i missed last time, I got no time for them. until recently, i was looking for new songs, so i decided to give SCANDAL a try.
The first song that make me addicted is BEAUTeen. then slowly pick up their songs. then *poof* i am one of SCANDAL-HEAVEN member and a SCANDAL fan.
But YUI is the main one i support and her albums/single are always so expensive, this made me no money to get SCANDAL's single/album. SO PLEASE DONT HATE ME FOR NOT BUYING THEIR ALBUMS AND SINGLES. Atleast i still support Jpop/rock!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm

dotme

dotme

Caless Student
Caless Student
my friend loves scandal and introduced them to me!

Back to top Go down

I love scandal!
Posted Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:21 pm

kiraisback5

kiraisback5

Caless Student
Caless Student
me, I was watching FMA brotherhood, when i came to like the ending song shunkan sentimental, I was inlove with it instantly, It gives me chills with the timing of FMA, .happy.
That time the music i listen to was Post Hard-core .nani. , Because of scandal i left Hard-core and came to love japan more and more than before... (im an otaku )
And now i listen to scandal, yui, sid, girugamesh and other VK bands... I succesfully made a band with my cousins and my brother(im the lead vocals and bassist)... Because our inspiration was scandal... Especially timo-chan for me!! .happy.
We now cover scandal and other jpop/jrock bands! and i hope well reach japan someday! Happy) .wow.

Last edited by Plutonium on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed excess amount of emoticons)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Ronrinesu

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I was addicted to that uber awesome opening of Bleach. I just adored the song. So I decided to search for other songs of them.

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 40-3

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒️ DeviantART ♒️ Tumblr ♒️ MyAnimeList ♒️ Last.fm 

♒️ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Re: How did you meet SCANDAL?
Posted Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:22 am

~kc~

~kc~

International Performer
International Performer
just the same thing with kiraisback5. thanks for FMA Brotherhood's greatest ending song! i get to discover SCANDAL Nice one

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 7 Untitled

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.