Go down

Re: How did you discover SCANDAL?
Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:57 am

ErinacchiLove

ErinacchiLove

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://erinacchilove.tumblr.com/
An online friend of mine linked me videos of SAKURA Goodbye and Namida no Regret. I listened to them both and instantly fell in love. I searched for more videos and fell even more in love^^

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 Afb8d165-1aae-4355-8a7b-a9aa5ab09590_zps5e685cc0
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:11 am

Mati Saurus

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
First time a heard these girls was (That I remember, because I'm sure I've heard something else before)  last year in the Judy and Mary tribute cd. I was like "MEH, I don't like covers or versions". Days after, I was bored and started an investigation about the bands in the cd, trying to find a new japanese artist. First impression was "4 girls playing great, singing great, all cute, this band was build by a discographic company for sure. This just can't be true", so I didn't listened anymore. But I'm curious, and during my following borring season I read the band's bio, and it totally changed my perspective. Then I went to youtube and click on the "DOLL // LOVE SURVIVE" video at Inazuma 2012, went totally crazy, listened to it like 50 times, and well...

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 V9BqnPG

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:47 am

KyuzurinoQ

KyuzurinoQ

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, I first heard them play in Animax musix fall 2010, funny, I was in the kitchen that time when I heard a beautiful cute powerful voice of Haruna and Tomomi. That time I rushed to the living room and watch it. They all look LOVELY in their clothes. Such beauty from all of them. Then fell in love and so on and so forth...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:56 pm

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My love for Bleach led me to Scandal when they released Harukaze. Though Shoujo S was quite addictive when I heard it as an OP song for Bleach, I didn't even bother checking the group maybe because I had a different interest before. 

When I shared a Youtube video of Scandal performing Harukaze in a Bleach forum, a Scandal fan commented on the group's drastic change of image. The next thing I knew, I was already looking for any Scandal info and videos I could find in the internet. Then, I purchased Queens are Trumps as my first Scandal album, and the rest is history.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:27 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Roundabout story.

I was listening to a Utada Hikaru station I had set up on Pandora. One of the bands that came across was Asian Kung Fu Generation. I liked them, so I looked them up on youtube. While watching some of their videos, Stereopony came up on the suggested videos column on the screen. I watched some of their videos, and I really liked them. I started watching some of the pre-existing Stereopony tagged playlists on youtube, and Scandal had several songs that showed up there.

And that's how I discovered Scandal CANTA Love

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:13 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I started to get interested in Japanese music in late 2011, especially female-fronted pop/rock bands (because I love female vocals in general, and rock music in particular), so obviously Scandal were unescapable.

I created a web page about it: How I Became a Scandal Fanboy in 11 Steps

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:53 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Back in 2008 my daughter had 'Anime News' as our hompage and there was a tiny advert for 'Doll' by Scandal.
I 'clicked' on it thinking they were a K-On tribute band and I have been a huge fan ever since Happy

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Bankai_Mami

Bankai_Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
For a few years I had been searching for a good rock group but found British ones too arty or just shouty etc. and American ones either not fun enough, or irritating vocally. By last year I was already into a few Japanese songs being both an anime fan, a recent discoverer of Jdramas and in the process of learning Japanese.

I got Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Complete DVD Set for Xmas last year and began singing along with the theme songs because YUI's Again was the first opening and I already loved YUI. When it got to the 4th season and Scandal's Shunkan Sentimental was the closing theme, it made a real impression on me; it always made for an explosive ending and emphasised all the emotions of the cliffhanger endings of episodes. 

I felt Shunkan deserved to be the opening much more than the opening did so I became interested in it. I learnt to sing along with it pretty quickly, and eventually it was in my head so I looked it up on Youtube and found it to be even better with Haruna's beautiful face and general badassery attached to it. Spent a lot of time dancing to it in my room. Eventually I got into their other songs and felt that I'd finally found a rock band that was fun, but cool, with Haruna's low smooth voice fronting it. Finally, I watched their Temptation Box Tour Documentary which I found so hilarious that it lead to an obsession which I amplified by using practicing Japanese as an excuse to look up more Scandal stuff as I was already learning Japanese. While watching that docu was also when I decided Mami was my favourite despite my admiration of Haruna because she was the most hilarious of the lot (Timo was close, but I identified with Mami's tomboyishness more). My love of Scandal inspired me to look further into other Japanese artists I'd barely scratched the surface of and search out new ones, so now I only really listen to Japanese rock music...

mc~ wrote:Yep Shoujo S was an opening of BLEACH. .upwalk.

Come to think of it, many of my favorite J-artist did a song for BLEACH. Hahaha

Bleach has showcased some of the best Japanese music over the 8 years it ran. I don't know any long anime that has had so much good music as openings and endings. Then again I don't have the most experience with long anime, I've only got far in Naruto and Detective Conan, but out of them, Naruto had up points but not much that I felt the need to track down (though I adore the instrumentals within the show) and DC had a catchy opening but I don't really remember any music from that show, whereas in Bleach I found 4 artists that I love, and more songs that I love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:20 pm

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was watchin Darker than Black and the ending was a Stereopony song. I loved it and became a fan. Then Stereopony broke up .waaa. . At about the same time I got my first guitar. So me attempting to do a Hitohiro no Hanabira cover I found a video of Both Bands on stage together. I'm still trying to put my brains back lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:21 am

HarunaRinaChan

HarunaRinaChan

Caless Student
Caless Student
From aime opening songs theyve done! Ever sincr ive been hooke. Yay scandal

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:51 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Even though my little bio says I'm a "Caless student," I'm really a printer, an old guy, living in Cambridge USA. I'm old enough to remember when rock n roll burst on the US scene and how it evolved since. Two years ago I was exploring on the web to see what music was happening in Russia, Germany, etc. A friend from work said "Hey, check out Japan." One of the first things I saw was a Youtube fanvid of ten Japanese female rock bands. I was impressed with several of them, but SCANDAL stood out. So I kept looking for more and found that each member was an "all-star" but they worked their personalities and talents together to produce a brand new personality, namely the band… It was almost like magic. Japan has an incredible music scene and I believe SCANDAL could be leaders of an "Asian Invasion" that will reincarnate rock worldwide!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:08 pm

tokyoskyscraper

tokyoskyscraper

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.tokyoskyscraper.com
In late-ish 2011 I was on Tumblr and did a search for Japanese Girls. I was mostly looking for bikini and lingerie models, but near the top of the search results was Scandal. "Hmmm, not bad" was my initial thought, so I decided to Google them and first up was a live video of Hi Hi Hi on YouTube. That blew me away.

Later that night I was rockin' to Temptation Box and Baby Action. Now it's three years (plus two overseas trips for Scandal concerts) later and I haven't looked back.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:02 am

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/hyokune/
Awanai Tsumori no genki de ne was the first song I encountered while surfing Youtube for Japanese artists.
And after that I happen to search more about SCANDAL.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 Dfb3b4f0e4
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 pm

AlyTae

AlyTae

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.efpfanfic.net/viewuser.php?uid=264501
A friend recommended them to me on twitter ^^

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 XjjbWSb
6/6/2013 Green Day
1/3/2014 All Time Low
15/11/2014 + 21/11/2015 Lo Stato Sociale
11/5/2015 Sonata Arctica
19/3/2016 Modena City Ramblers
18/9/2016 SCANDAL
.:. efp.:.youtube.:.twitter.:.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:15 pm

yosha

yosha

Caless Student
Caless Student
That was 2012, Microsoft launched their commercial here in the Philippines for windows 8, when I watched the commercial I noticed that the song  used was Japanese (I like watching anime), there I searched for the title of the song..BOOM! That made me a fan of scandal.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 1E9wlTV

Your sweat and your tears and your smile
Every single bit of you is an overwhelming beauty...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Akaie

Akaie

Caless Student
Caless Student
They were casually mentioned by a friend. I listened to their music, progressively grew to like them more and more, and now I follow them as possibly my favourite band!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:59 pm

FryGuy

FryGuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
The first song I heard was Shunkan Sentimental when I was watching FMA: Brotherhood. The first video I saw was Pin Heel Surfer when I was searching for them on YouTube.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:49 pm

ZinLP

ZinLP

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
A friend I met on a game long ago introduced me to them. Ever since then, I've been a fan of them!

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 Scanda11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:45 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
October 2013, our first trip to Japan.  I've been a fan of Japanese groups for a long time.

We're in Osaka, there's a giant shopping center next to / above shin-Osaka.

While looking for a blu-ray I found a store which sold movies and cds.  Stumbling through my Japanese one of the clerks managed to locate the blu-ray (A movie I watched on the plan flying over)  The store clerks didn't or wouldn't speak English Happy

Anyway later that day or the next I took my wife to the store.  They have 6 cd players with headphones all over the place.  We started listening to various CDs.  After a while my wife called me over to listen, the CD in the player was Standard Scandal.  I liked what I was hearing so we bought the CD and went back to our room.  I played the CD on my PC which happens to have really nice built in speakers.  We both liked what we heard (me a lot more so then my wife, but she likes it a lot more then some of the JPOP I have)

So the next day I went back to the store to look for some more Scandal CDs, my wife came with.  We found a problem though - the Koberries were performing right there in the middle of the Store.  There was a bunch of super excited fans with Koberries shirts and what not.  It was fun to watch the group as well as the crowd.  My wife went down to a music store about 50 ft away - she found a bunch of kaweii piano books - she's a music teacher.

Here's what the cd store looked like:
How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 UAmDUlc

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 VExjtAC

Anyway after quite a bit of time passed I was able to get to the section of the store with Scandal.  We hemmed and hawed over what to get.  We decided on Scandal Temptation Box 1st, and then debated between Scandal Show and Best Scandal.  IIRC we thought Best Scandal was a best of album so we got Scandal Show (only finding out later that it's the best of album)  CDs are expensive so I didn't buy all 3 - and they didn't have any others in stock.

Anyway that's how I discovered Scandal.

Last edited by Alxa on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Now with pictures)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Ania

Ania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, my story is a bit long though since I'll also talk about how I became their fan...

I discovered them through Bleach (Shoujo S) as most people here did it seems. Although at that time I didn't even bother check them out, since well...how should I say this, throughout my experience being exposed to anime, I tried to check the artists for the op or ed songs and I found that most japanese PV are, well....WEIRD to say the least  Onion XD

That's why I didn't try to search for the them although the song was really cool. I guess I thought they are probably just another dance girl group (I assume it was a group since in the song I could here few singers singing the song) which I'm getting bored of and most of these groups them have really weird PV, you know dancing cutely and stuff...maybe I'm just not into cute girls (even though I'm a girl myself).

Then I again discovered them through Fullmetal Alchemist. When I heard that intro of the song, I instantly felt 'Wow, what a cool intro'. I wait for the name of the artist to show up during the song and that's when I was surprised that it was the same group! And plus I thought the singer has really awesome voice! So that's when I decided maybe this time I should try to check out this group. 

I have to say, I was pretty skeptical trying to find out about the group at first but I really wanna know the singer!! So, I just decided 'Ah, what ever! If they are weird just like the rest, who cares, at least the song is awesome enough' and just try to find them on Youtube. Boy, was I surprised to find out they were a band!!! And not to mention they are ALL-GIRLS BAND!! After that I watch their Shoujo S PV and that I thought 'WHAT?!?! They are high school girls?!?'. Now that got me interested in them. 

I try to search for their other videos and I was right...japanese always have weird PV (the girls were dancing while playing instruments xD) but the songs were pretty cool enough. I didn't get to see all of it since some of the PV was block in my country. However, since they were dancing, I thought they only holding the instruments for fun, so, it kinda turn me away (I couldn't find their live performance at that time). Then, I found they also did Harukaze when they show up on Animax channel, playing live in 2013. At that time I was really impressed to see that they are truly playing the instrument. Again, I try to check them out on Youtube and it seems that most of the old PV has been removed or something which is a bit sad. But, I did remember check how the band was formed (I can only remember HARUNA's name xD). However, I still didn't search further for them (no idea why). Then, last year (2014), I just had the sudden urge to search for them (or was it something else? Hmm, not sure...) but anyway, I found that now, there seems to be a lot of their live performance uploaded on Youtube including new songs. The more I listen to them, the more I like them!

Wow, that was a long post. Anyway, that's how I discovered Scandal and become their fan in the end :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:53 am

Mamiisthebest

Mamiisthebest

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/u14464
My story's kinda different (no bleach)

In FMA theres an opening called "Rain"(by SID). I searched it up cause i liked it. Some guy on youtube had put it up, so I clicked on it. Turned out the guy uploaded the wrong song which i had never heard before. I really liked the song, and someone in the comments said that it was Shunkan Sentimental by SCANDAL. When i searched it up, I immediately got hooked, and searched more songs, and... well you know.

Its ironic cause shunkan sentimental is also in FMA. Cant believe I never realized
.omg.

.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Oira4

Caless Student
Caless Student
from FMA brotherhood ending 4

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:04 am

Miyuki_Shiba

Miyuki_Shiba

Caless Student
Caless Student
I discover SCANDAL BAND because of the anine Full Metal Alchemist & Bleach .common.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 Search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1360&bih=643&q=Tomomi+Ogawa+tumblr&oq=Tomomi+Ogawa+tumblr&gs_l=img.3...730.14106.0.14272.25.23.0.0.0.0.1685.1685.8-1.1.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.61.img..24.1.1685.I62himNwqWk#imgdii=_&imgrc=lLrnPE-M2q7npM%253A%3BAYw-IG608bqhoM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdata3.whicdn.com%252Fimages%252F61121602%252Flarge.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fweheartit
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:16 am

Wily

Wily

Caless Student
Caless Student
When it comes to Japanese music. I mostly only listen to Japanese women rock bands. Whenever DOLL's Music video came out. my friend recommended a new band. then she sent me a link. Its been an awesome SCANDALOUS Journey  ever since!!! .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:40 pm

IWuvScandalX3

IWuvScandalX3

Caless Student
Caless Student
Scrolling on youtube and searching for a Don't Say Lazy by HTT Cover. I came up with the Scandal cover and so I was curious. I clicked it and started to like it. >w<

LOVE Sehun Oppa~!!  .nosebleed.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 21 Tumblr_inline_n49bv08rSB1sdrvll

♪The Amount of Happiness you Receive,
Is The Same Amount of Pain you Have to Endure Afterwards♪
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum