rinrin97

Caless Student
Caless Student
I mean like can see that Mami and Tomomi are very close but always they both are the ones that play around but Haruna dont participate o________o

Back to top Go down

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

From the time I became a total SCANDAL fan I also noticed that HARUNA rarely joins the three when it comes to playing around, being silly etc. etc. but later on I noticed that that's just her attitude. I mean, her being the oldest among the four, being the most matured, being the "onee-chan" of the band, and the other three always describe her as the "moderator" of the band when the three of them fights etc. etc. So I don't think she have a gap with the other three. And I love how she always hit TOMOMI when she's being silly haha ROFL

EDIT: I can't remember where I read / watch it but the other three said they always confess to Haruna and ask for advice about things.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

RinaJa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://rinaja90@gmail.com
if you google it... and REALLY dig-in to "googling" (haha) you'd notice that Haru and Tomo are Really close. ^_^
(based on their past blogs and how Haru treat tomo in their Appearances esp SCANDAL Summits... haha)

I am even convinced now, that tomo and haru is closer than my ultimate favorite dobondobondo dou. T_T

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
CANTA Angel
SCANDAL FOR LIFE!!!

Back to top Go down

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't think you would call it a 'gap'.... It's just that Haruna has a more serious attitude compared to dobondobondo and Rina, thus why she's seen less goofing around and stuff. Lols, I remember in the TB tour Haruna once said that Dobondobondo were idiots... Lols, that was funny. Yep, Haruna's like the onee-chan of the band who they all look up to.

^^ I know that Tomo was really close to Haruna but really exceeding her closeness with Dobondobondo partner, Mami?? Yeah, it's really funny when Tomo gets hit by Haruna and it was funny when once Tomomi tried hitting Haruna XD

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

gaLa_LiannE08

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I agree with the others. Lol and during the interview in the BA magazine (?), you can see the difference in they're attitude. She's more mature compared to the three like when asked what do they think about the questions, Haruna said that it's stupid (something like that hehe can't recall the exact words) while the others has a positive answer to it..and I remember that in their blog before they debut, Haruna and Tomomi are the ones close to each other.

But pretty much, there is no gap.

Back to top Go down

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
@RinaJa: I am convinced too that among the three, Tomomi is the closest to Haruna. They're like the oldest-youngest pair in the group and based from their interviews it seem like she treats Tomomi as the youngest more than Rina. And if my memory serves me right, only Tomomi called Haruna "Onee-chan", at least in Twitter hehe. I think that was during Tomo's birthday and she replied to Haruna "Arigatou Onee-chan" (I'll look for my screencap 'cause I posted it in Fb haha).

何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Like everyone before me, I think it's just Haru's personality.

Tomo and Mami can be pretty silly and wild, and while Rina writes some pretty deep and mature things, she can act a bit childish.

Haruna's mature and pretty calm, so it may seem like there's a gap between her and the rest of the girls.

But there's no gap. I've never seen a tighter band

四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
I pretty much agree with the others on this... There is no gap really. It's just that Haru acts as their elder sister (at which she really is), which I find very admirable about Haru. It's also in her personality, I guess, in which she is serious and all, but it never fails for me to laugh too once Haru laughs (usually caused by Tomo or Mami or both).

And I agree to RinaJa and Lieann about Tomo and Haru's closeness. I don't know if it's that obvious or something, but I have always felt something between them... I don't know how to express it. When it comes to doing goofy things and chemistry, Tomo and Mami are a great pair, but with Tomo and Haru, there is... I don't know, something different? I haven't read their blog posts in their pre-debut days though, but I always seem to notice Tomo and Haru's closeness.

Ono Sasazaki wrote:
But there's no gap. I've never seen a tighter band

And yes, I also have never seen a band tighter than SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Well I guess there's an inclination to treat the ones who have more child-like personality as the youngest regardless of their age. I think Haruna and Tomo's bond is more a of a behind the scenes, whilst Rina and Haruna have a more on the surface bond.

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
^ Exactly. Haha. I for example, among my friends (oh well it's safe to say here 'cause they're not here in SH haha), the one who is the most immature, the most childish tends to receive more of my affection than the others.

何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
well, not everybody like joking around like, really joking around. i have MANY friends that is like that, but i don't feel any gap between me and my friends that don't really like joking around nor between them and my other friends that like joking around.

i think SCANDAL have that kind of situation too. haru don't really likes joking around and the others like to joking around, but they don't have a "gap" because of that.
they won't be a band if they don't like each other right?

me: GENKI DESU~ Onion Shy

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

ScandalLove

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just a thing to say, they actually treat each other like a family. They said that on one of their interviews. Nice One So, I doubt that there is a gap.. I agree, this is the first band I have know to have a tighter bond and trust to one another. And, they also said that they never had any fights.

Hi 
Happy.Unity.Heart Strong.
Back to top Go down

chaii

Caless Student
Caless Student
i also noticed that always during live

Back to top Go down

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
It seems Haru is like that off and on cam, even during lives. I also noticed that whenever Tomo cries after their lives she always cling to Haruna. Have you noticed that too? Or is it because Haruna is the one closer to Tomomi during those times? Haha lol whatever. The girls are very tightly bonded regardless Haruna's "cold" or whatever-we-may-call-it personality haha XD

何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

tensaipaula

Caless Student
Caless Student
If there's gap, that would've been age gap. LOL

Haru needs to act more mature than the others because she's the oldest.

Yeah. Right. Just read the comments above. The same thought as I have. Happy

Back to top Go down

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ Yeah I think that Haruna can be classified as the 'comforter' of the group. When Tomo breaks down after lives or has serious stage fright, it's often Haruna that comforts her. Same with Rina... Not exactly stagefright but I think that in one of her blog posts during Haru's birthday, she said that she looked up to her for advice and her along with Tomo and Mami encouraged her to not give up drumming no matter how hard it got. Scandal is not Scandal without Rina or any of the other members in that manner!

Yeah, Rina can act rather childish no matter how mature she is... I remember a clip promoting their budokan live where they start yelling out and individually punching the screen. They all take part with the exception of Haruna until at the end she says 'urusai!' which I think basically means shut up... Lol but it's good that Haru has this serious personality to keep them in line every once in a while :p

Their friendship and bond is really clear when you look at all the challenges and obstacles they have overcome like Haru's voice for example. Nice One

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
hmm? for me there's no gap in their band..

and yea, it's Haru's personality.. and I think that "being an onee-chan" personality is really a good thing to Haru.. I've noticed that when I 1st heard about the girls.. and basically she really guides her band mates well.

I remember how she convinced Rina not to give up.. ( that time when RINA was about to give up on being the drummer of the band)

how Haru hits Timo when Timo's doing silly things.. Hahaha!!~ LOL (I watched that video before but I forgot what vid is it.)

and also Haru with Mami.. I saw some old pics of them hanging out and well, it's clearly that they're really close..

here are some photos (Haru with Timo, Mami and Rina):

with Timo:

with Rina:

with Mami:

yea.. they totally have that close relationship as a band Love

~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
visit me on[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

bleach86

Caless Student
Caless Student
i like this thread as I have been thinking about their personalities too, from what I can see like others have said Haru is the oneechan of the group shes takes care of the group as a whole, also I watched a vid before about how she likes to do things on her own and at her own pace. Also what I noticed is that Haru is not afraid to speak her mind bluntly, I was watching their nico nico windows 8 interview on youtube, the interviewers asked each member a weird question like which interviewer would they date or something, each member answered uncomfortably, but Haru answered 'both i hate' .. I cracked up lol even though it was answered in humor I think she is the type to bust ba*** when necessary haha. I think all the members look up to her not only because shes more mature but can be tough in a good way as well. I do think Haru and TOMO is close as well, as others have said Haru prob gives TOMO most affection cos shes like the cute baby. I think in terms of similarity MAMI is like Haru, MAMI can act silly and funny with TOMO but MAMI is one to care about them all as well, TOMO said this is in one of their interview videos.

Back to top Go down

thisguy2011

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was kind of worried about that too but i guess i was wrong from reading every ones post. Perception is a scary thing once it gets set. I got that impression with the first behind the scenes thing I watched and then everything i watched i interpreted like that. So i ended up coming up with Rina and Haruna hate each other mami is quite cause she doesn't know what to do about it and Tomomi acts crazy to lighten the mood. As i got to know them I realized that wasn't the case, it was just their personalities but i always worried about Haruna's relationship to the rest of the band. I'm glad to hear they all relate to each other in a different but close knit way

Back to top Go down

sharker_haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
although haruna always show her serious face , but i think mami , tomomi & rina love the style by care of haru ~as i know , tomo and haru is most close ~ really close ~ like shimai ~

Back to top Go down

My Sakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
As seen on the photos Haru is close to Tomo,Mami and Rina but the age gap of the four you will observe that there's difference between them in terms of likeness,activities especially their behavior and how Haru hits Tomo that much is like that she is saying to lessen to play around(I Often do this to my Little sister Whistle ) and the word GAP is not the appropriate word it's DIFFERENCE.

Back to top Go down

scaione

Caless Student
Caless Student
At first I actually also think there's a gap....like huge gap lo.....haruna always alone,but later on I realize that wasn't the case.....their bond is really good...even if haruna don't like joking around but she actually always become the 1st person to react/laugh,she basically pay a lot of attention to the other members even she acts like she's not,haha...

Back to top Go down

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
This thread is old now (though it was resurrected before me), but everyone should try to watch that BS Artist Document that was subbed by people from this site. I think there is a thread about it somewhere, but you can also find it in Google. That documentary really goes a lot deeper into their personalities and band dynamics than anything else I've ever seen - it is a serious documentary, not just a piece of PR fluff. (Though the narration still has that typical Japanese overly dramatic sound to it...)

About half of it is about Haruna. Even the interviews with the other members are mostly about Haruna. She *is* more thoughtful and conflicted than the other members. She loves the band and she obviously loves the other members but she is not a big joker (neither are the other members, really - that's mostly for show) and she desperately wants the band to be taken seriously. She seems depressed about having to do things for money.

There is one part where Rina really rips into Haruna about her MC after one show, and Haruna just sits there and takes it. Afterwards she says something like "people can criticize me, I don't care. I can take it." But she looks really sad and gets really quiet when she says it, she doesn't sound like she really believes it. There is one moment where Tomomi says "There is Scandal Haruna and there is real Haruna. Scandal Haruna is 'cool', but real Haruna is... 'fragile'." I definitely got the impression that Haruna and Tomomi are emotionally close, even though they are totally different.

I felt so bad for her after seeing that doc. I don't think there's really a gap between her and the rest of the band but I do think she is quite a bit different than the other girls, and what she wants out of the band may be a little different than what they want. (Tomomi in particular says she "doesn't really think", so she's always happy - she just lives for the moment.) Haru's not just in it to make money and have fun, she really wants people to think of them as a serious rock band and she gets depressed when she thinks she's being pushed in a different direction (she doesn't really specify by who, but I assume the record company).

Back to top Go down

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lol reviving an old topic XD...

@Spacecadet. Since I have crappy internet and can't download the subbed BS documentary, what did Rina actually say when she was crticising Haruna's MC? Was it really that confronting? And for Haruna's part, what did she actually talk about in that specific MC where Rina was picking at? I'm really curious about this and well curiosity's about to kill the cat...

Sorry this is a little off topic... but out of the four, Haruna's been the one that always highlights the fact that they're not an idol group, they're professional musicans in a band. She's done it in tv programs, documentaries such as this one and also newspapers like the one in Singapore. She much prefers being described as a band who happens to be able to dance than an idol group who happens to be able to play instruments. Massive difference there... It's just the fact that some of their fans not from Japan view them and such like an idol group which is entirely different to how the Japanese view them. Just because they're girls, they can dance, have the looks and wear cute uniforms, more specifically school uniforms that are more associated with idol groups, do we just assume automatically that they're just idols and completely disregard their abilities in playing instruments and their love of music? Well that's what some people do. Amazing what happens when we skip to conclusions and don't consider all the facts.

Haruna's a pure introvert and quite tsundere... She's not that open to the world about her emotions which reflects through her basic and simple blog posts; in comparison to Rina who shares what she thinks to the whole world which isn't necessarily bad at all... But the difference in personalities is quite different between all of them.

Tomo's a simple happy-go-luck person... Which explains her views and such on the band and her personality which was as Spacecadet mentioned isn't overly full of jokes like what some might think. It's now obvious I guess, Tomomi is closest to Haruna and viceversa but that doesn't mean that there's a gap or anything. It's natural when you're in a group, you connect with people more so than others, therefore, you build stronger, more personal relationships with them. Different personalities also mean different takes and views on things which is the case for SCANDAL.

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:Lol reviving an old topic XD...

@Spacecadet. Since I have crappy internet and can't download the subbed BS documentary, what did Rina actually say when she was crticising Haruna's MC? Was it really that confronting? And for Haruna's part, what did she actually talk about in that specific MC where Rina was picking at? I'm really curious about this and well curiosity's about to kill the cat...
Haruna's a pure introvert and quite tsundere... She's not that open to the world about her emotions which reflects through her basic and simple blog posts; in comparison to Rina who shares what she thinks to the whole world which isn't necessarily bad at all... But the difference in personalities is quite different between all of them.

You could actually download the documentary from the media section both the subtitle and the video. It's a very emotional documentary when it comes to Haruna's part so I think you should watch it yourself to get the message she's trying to say.

Introversion is really complicated and I don't think you could really call Haruna a PURE introvert.

Back to top Go down