Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL's 4th annual Christmas live!

Date:2012/12/23 (Sun.)
Region:Tokyo
Venue:Ebisu The Garden Hall
Price:4,300 yen (separate drink charge: 500 yen)
Doors:17:00
Start:18:00

■SCANDAL MANIA presale: 2012/11/16 (Fri.) 12:00 ~ 11/20 (Tue.) 18:00
■CLUB SCANDAL presale: 2012/11/22 (Thu.) 12:00 ~ 11/25 (Sun.) 23:59
■Official homepage presale: 2012/11/26 (Mon.) 12:00 ~11/30 (Fri.) 18:00
■General sale: 2012/12/08 (Sat.) 10:00~
https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/263656045761675264
https://kitty.co.jp/SCANDAL_MANIA/

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

BEST★Xmas 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: BEST★Xmas 4
Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 am

kaishun

kaishun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
haiz me want to go but cant
thank for the detail

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for starting a thread! I found info about the presales here. I haven't found where they got that info in the first place though.

Time to dig through those old concert threads to find out how to use Celga. Unless someone is kind enough to summarize it here... .please.

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

I looked around a little and did find a reliable Japanese fan blog that they probably got the info from, so I'd say that info is most likely correct. And it does say on the Garden Hall site that the general sale starts on 12/8. This is the sale that you'll probably have to go with.

I bought tickets for a concert earlier this year through Celga so I'll tell you how you can do it. Just a heads up, though: due to all of the fees that Celga charges and whatnot, be prepared to pay at least double the actual ticket prices in the end.

Set up an account on their site and request your order on the "webshop order" page. Tell them how many tickets you want, what the price is, and the link to the presale site (you should do this at least a week or so before the sales start date to make sure they do it). They'll send you an e-mail asking you to send a PayPal deposit and telling you how much to send + which e-mail address to send it to. After that, they'll probably ask you to send a reminder e-mail to them a day before the sales start so they can "place the order in a timely manner."

They'll e-mail again to let you know whether or not you got the tickets. If you do win them, they'll send you an invoice for the fees + however much extra you need to pay. Once the tickets arrive at their warehouse, you'll have to request shipping and then pay for whichever shipping option you go with. EMS is the most expensive option but probably the best since it'll be delivered within a few days.

BEST★Xmas 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 am

Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
I wanna go.. but I can't!! this is so unfair!! .fustrated.

BEST★Xmas 4 Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:06 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for the info, Jade! I don't know when my next opportunity to see them live will be, so I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to grasp this chance, haha.

Are the presales a lottery? I asked a member on the Stereopony forum who lives in Japan to help get tickets for their final live, and he mentioned that it was a "raffle".

I also looked through Celga's FAQs and signed up for an account. They list Pia as one of their webshops on the site, so I'm guessing this is the preferred website if I want to ask them to get a ticket? The event page also has links to Lawson and Eplus.

Any and all further information is very much appreciated!

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Mr. Suzuki

Mr. Suzuki

International Performer
International Performer
I wanna go.. but I can't!! this is so unfair!!²
BEST★Xmas 4 880890

BEST★Xmas 4 15859RIIIINNNNAAAAA-CHAAAAANN

BEST★Xmas 4 Back_o12BEST★Xmas 4 772750
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm

ScandalLove

ScandalLove

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
waahh! Having some live on the day before my b-day.. why not on the day I was born?? xD I'm looking forward to it

.hi. 
Happy.Unity.Heart Strong.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@GeoFreak: Yeah, all of the presales are basically like a lottery/raffle, I guess to be fair. Typically the first presales (MANIA, CLUB SCANDAL) seem to get the better tickets, but that's probably not always the case.

As this venue is standing room only, they'll probably have about 2 groups or so (A + B) and you enter based on that + which ticket number you get (ex: B group, #27 means you have to wait for A to go in first, and then you go in with the second group as the 27th person). You'll most likely get a ticket in the B group with the public sales.

And about the website, it all depends on which site(s) that the tickets will be available on. No info has been posted yet, but it'll probably be on ePlus since that seems to be the usual site on which SCANDAL tickets are available for general sales. You'll have to wait until there's an actual link to the sales page, which is what you'll have to send them. I don't think they'll search around themselves.

BEST★Xmas 4 39iLxaW

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:25 am

ganstream1

ganstream1

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ariefzainal.com
http://natalie.mu/music/news/80807

There will be live viewing of the Best Christmas 4 event in 27 cinemas around Japan as well as Taiwan and Hong Kong.

"With ticket, it took us 5 minutes to get from Shiroten to Osaka Jyo-Hall. But for SCANDAL, it took them 6 years."
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So Celga finally got back to me, and I didn't get the tickets. Kind of expected it because when I checked the ticket sale page when the sale started, the website was down. I blame TM Revolution for having tickets go on sale at the same time Tongue

Anyway I'm looking at ticket resale sites now, like ticket.co.jp. Has anyone bought resale tickets before, and is there anything I should watch out for?

I know some are explicitly marked that they have no name (名義記載なし) but would the unmarked ones possibly have a name? I've heard about some concerts like AKB48 checking names, but I think I heard on SH before that Scandal concerts don't check names?

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Can't say about ticket resale sites since I've never used them before, but no, they don't check for names at SCANDAL shows. I went to their Budokan and QAT tour shows and they didn't check at any of them; they just tore your ticket stub and let you go inside.

BEST★Xmas 4 39iLxaW

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I got the ticket! I paid a premium but it's worth it. Now I just need to arrange to have it shipped to my hostel.

Anyone else going? I CAN'T WAIT!!!

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 am

WoOt1337

WoOt1337

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
the Date is to close..

OT: @Geofreak: ur Signature is fail.. MAMI´s Guitar design on a Bass?

"Ich glaube mir selbst kein Wort. Ich warte immer auf meine Aktionen und Reaktionen und wundere mich dann." - Alexander Kaschte
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for noticing, but I did that on purpose. I play bass and would love to have a bass with that design.

Anyway back on topic, Tomo mentioned in the video promoting the movie theater live screening of the concert that they have special stuff planned for this show, things they don't normally do in most lives. Can't wait to see it!

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For fans in Taiwan and HK, here's the links for more details about the live broadcast to film theatres.

HK: http://www.mclcinema.com/mclPromotions.aspx?visLang=2&Type=F
Taiwan: http://www.citytalk.tw/event/191555-SCANDAL

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:03 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've arrived in Tokyo and have my ticket in hand! 2 days until the concert, can't wait!

How early should I get there, an hour before doors open?

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:06 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If you want to buy concert goods you'll want to probably get there a lot earlier than that. For just admission though that's probably ok. Does your ticket have a ticket number on it?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:50 pm

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
GeoFreak wrote:I've arrived in Tokyo and have my ticket in hand! 2 days until the concert, can't wait!

How early should I get there, an hour before doors open?

wow, congrats - how exciting. as 320 said, to grab goods you'll probably want to arrive a good 3+ hours earlier in order to secure what you want. if you're not going to buy anything then getting in 20 minutes before the door open time listed on the ticket should be fine.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:28 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm A581, if you mean the ticket number for entering the venue. I think it goes up to A600 before it goes into B.

Wow, 3 hours? I planned to go around Shibuya before the show. It's actually close to Shibuya, so maybe I can buy stuff, then go back to Shibuya, and finally back for the concert, haha.

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:46 pm

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
GeoFreak wrote:Wow, 3 hours? I planned to go around Shibuya before the show. It's actually close to Shibuya, so maybe I can buy stuff, then go back to Shibuya, and finally back for the concert, haha.

Yea, that's what I would plan to do. It depends on when they'll have the sales booth set up though. Most times there is already a long line waiting for goods even before they start selling stuff. So you might have to go early even before they have anything set up and wait in line until they are set up. also they might not start selling until 1 or 2 hours before they open for the live so it could possibly burn up your Shibuya time.

for example, the last queens are trumps live i went to, our group got in line at 9:30am, they opened up the sales booth at 1pm, and the doors opened at 3pm. it was good that we got there at 9:30am since it got us first place in line, the line behind us started to get long by 10-10:30am. then again, that was for a 2,500 capacity live so i don't think you'll have to battle as many people for goods at smaller venue. by going that early, we got all the goods we wanted, some stuff sold out soon after we were done buying.

when i was in nagano for live ido live, it was a 500 person live house so it wasn't too bad. i went 2 hours early, bought my stuff, went back to my hotel dropped it all off, ate dinner, then went back to the live house. the line wasn't long and moved fast that time. BUT by the time i bought stuff, some items were already sold out. so, plan accordingly.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:50 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:21 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

For the first time, I get to do a concert report because I finally got to see SCANDAL live! Woohoo!

The girls wore outfits that were pretty similar to the QAT tour outfits, but with white stripes on the top. Well, Mami's definitely had stripes, pretty sure but not 100% about the other members. You can guess who I paid the most attention to. Mami and Haruna wore black, and Rina and Tomo wore red.

I can't recall the entire setlist, but here's my best attempt at it. I'm sure the full list will pop up somewhere online soon.
EDIT: Correct list posted below from Scandal Sushi by realachii. Thanks!

1. Scandal Nanka Buttobase
2. Satisfaction
3. Sono Toki, Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain
-MC1-
4. Shunkan Sentimental
5. Queens are trumps
6. Shoujo S
7. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH!
8. Yuuki 100% (DANCE!)
-MC2 lucky draw (very long Christmas MC)-
9. Bright
10. Bitter Chocolate
11. Happy Collector
12. Taiyou Scandalous
13. DOLL
14. LOVE SURVIVE
----------------------------------
Encore:
15. Rock'n Roll
16. SCANDAL BABY

No Pin Heel Surfer  Sad

I also really wanted to hear Koe, but Mami did a fair amount of lead vocals in songs like Nanka Buttobase and Happy Collector. Her guitar playing was great as people have been reporting. I only recall one missed chord and one or two missed notes during solos.

Rina was awesome. I'm glad to report that her hair still flies like crazy when she headbangs. She added even more drum fills than she has been doing recently.

Tomo was solid on vocals and bass as always. Had lots of little cute moments. When SCANDAL came out for the encore, they had reindeer antlers and Venetian masks. Everyone except Tomo took off the antlers when they put their instruments back on, and a staff member had to remind her. She was also the butt of some more money jokes during the Christmas MC

Haruna's voice sounded pretty good, but it was hard to tell because the speakers weren't the best. On some songs, the voices sounded a little chipmunky. I'm pretty sure it was a speaker issue because the studio versions of songs played before and after the concert also had the same problems.

Onto the MCs. The first one took about 10 minutes because they had to wait for some equipment to be fixed. A staff member also came out and requested everyone to move back a bit, because people in the front were getting squished (especially in the female-only area in front of Mami). Haruna killed time for the repairs by also asking everyone to step back. I found it really funny that everyone stood calmly before the show started, but once the lights dimmed, everyone rushed to the front

The dance they did was to an old J-Pop song. I assume it's something most Japanese people have been exposed to because many knew the lyrics and dance moves. During this part, the girls went off stage and an electronic remix of Pin Heel Surfer played. I thought for a moment that they were going to dance to that, which would have been amazing. But they came back on wearing these light blue hooded parkas over their outfits and they all danced. Rina also sang the bridge by herself. The girls were exhausted after the dance, which is why they scheduled this long MC next to let them rest.

The long Christmas MC was about giving gifts. One lucky member of the audience, selected by Rina drawing ticket stubs from a box, got a signed and framed picture of the promo pic for Wonderful Tonight (this one). The members then got 4 Disneyland Tokyo passes from the staff, but then they played a dart roulette game (from a Japanese game show, I'm guessing, because everyone else knew the name and chant for it). Tomo was picked to throw the darts, and much hilarity was had at her expense as usual. This resulted in the girls giving the passes to an audience member instead, and they decided to pay for it to make it truly a gift from SCANDAL. They actually had a staff member bring each of their wallets out, and they each took out 6100 yen and handed it to the staff.

Apparently they do this sort of MC for all their Best Xmas lives. Haruna even said that people who have come to Best Xmas before should know all about this, while people watching in theaters are probably a bit confused.

Final note, Japanese people are amazing. I actually dropped my ticket somewhere in front of the hall and asked the staff for some help (in broken Japanese). They told me to keep looking, even though I knew the ticket number. Then I asked a random concert-goer to help me better explain my situation to the staff. They managed to get me my ticket back; I'm guessing someone picked it up and turned it in. I'm amazed that they actually went to this length to help me. In the US they would probably just tell me to **** off, thinking that I would be trying to get in for free or something. I did preface my pleas for help by saying that I was an American, so maybe they thought there was no way someone would come all the way to Japan and try to pull something like that.

I actually drew a bad luck fortune at a shrine yesterday, and my wish was to have a good time at the concert. Well, I did have some bad luck, but it still ended up being the Best Xmas (or Christmas Eve Eve, as Haruna called it) ever.

Last edited by GeoFreak on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

BEST★Xmas 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
nanka buttobase live??? .omg. i want to see this song live so badly

and thx for the review Nice one

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
BEST★Xmas 4 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:41 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
So lucky !! I wanted to go too but I didn't have enought money BEST★Xmas 4 966980

But they DANCED !! I want to see that BEST★Xmas 4 750862. It could be good to have koibito ga santa claus for Christmas.

Last edited by babaloued on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]