Do you think SCANDAL is getting thinner?
Posted on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm

gelion

Caless Student
Caless Student
guys,

i just rewatching the old MTVs from 2008 till latest...and did u find that they are getting thinner and thinner.....when they are out, the r very chubby...

did they go on a strict diet? But from the pics that i see, they eat a lot but they getting slimmer and slimmer....so what is their secret?

if not sure whetehr anyone ask this be4?

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you think SCANDAL is getting thinner?
Posted on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 pm

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Maybe they do too much live

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live!
15 are still not enough !
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:02 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I've definitely noticed it (and commented here about it), with Haruna especially. Tomomi was always pretty thin, Rina if anything has bulked up a little bit (easier to see in person) and Mami's kind of the same, although sometimes she looks a little thinner or chubbier depending on the day and her clothes.

But Haruna has definitely lost a lot of weight. Some days and in some outfits it looks like too much, although other times she looks really good. She looks amazing in the Inazuma Festival footage, although in the Happy Music video I feel like she looks super-thin. There was a picture I think she posted herself on the official blog too, where she's just standing with the others wearing shorts, and she looked really bony. She wasn't like that up until shortly after Baby Action was released.

She's been talking about going to the gym a lot, and when you combine that with playing a lot of shows, I'm sure she's just burning more calories than she's taking in. She should eat more...

It should be noted that super thin is always the popular look in Japan (and it doesn't really look that thin when most celebrities are the same in comparison), so it's probably intentional.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:00 am

ZX636

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah I've noticed this as well. I didn't notice just exactly how thin they are until I saw them at AM2 last year. And I'm pretty sure Haruna and Mami has gotten even skinnier now. I'm really hoping Haru would put on some lbs. becoming that skinny is really not that healthy. Just my .02

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
@ AM2 (2011) - Autograph Panel

Tomomi - "You smell good!"

Me - "...."
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
yeah they probably are... I mean just look at their schedule... unless you eat a lot I bet all of us would slim down. Tomo and Haruna are a slim build so its very easy for them to seem thin. As long as they don't have a "must diet all the time" mentality I wouldn't be overly concerned with how they look. They seem to enjoy their food so I highly doubt anything serious will happen.

I wish they were alittle more plump but I can't do a thing about it. As long as they're fine with their own weight we have nothing to complain about...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 am

ahxiian

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah.. I've notice for quite awhile as well.. they used to be much chubby last time.
I was at their recent live in malaysia.. they really do look thin seeing them in person.. especially Haruna. They were already sweating so much from the second song.. you can tell how exhausting it is to put on a single live. I was amazed by how they could keep up doing so many lives. If I were to guess.. it would probably be their busy schedules.

SCANDAL the best all girls band ever !
RINA — I may make a mistake, I may be unable to do it, and I may lose heart..
but I think it is wasteful if I stopped because of such a thing.. I want to steadily change tomorrow by myself !
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 am

bleach86

Caless Student
Caless Student
they look very different from their debut till now. I think they are getting prettier. MAMI has gone thinner, her face and her legs have gone thinner.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am

My Sakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Doing much activities can burn more calories that's the point here

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:53 am

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
Another possibility factor
They have become a big International artist, they might not need plastic surgery like Kpop artists but sure they have beauties treatment with professional beauty consultants. Professional international entertainment industries is tough and hard. Wew

Please don't take my jokes too seriously
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Erick M wrote:Another possibility factor
They have become a big International artist, they might not need plastic surgery like Kpop artists but sure they have beauties treatment with professional beauty consultants. Professional international entertainment industries is tough and hard. Wew

Rock bands aren't the same as pop Artists... rock bands aren't about looks...

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 am

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
Even a Hardcore heavy metal band have their wardrobe and appearance images consultant on their team, The images and the look is very huge major factor in entertainment industries.
If not they are young women, is good common things for women to care about looks.

Please don't take my jokes too seriously
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Erick M wrote:Even a Hardcore heavy metal band have their wardrobe and appearance images consultant on their team, The images and the look is very huge major factor in entertainment industries.
If not they are young women, is good common things for women to care about looks.

Yes you are correct. What I meant was that I would not think SCANDAL would heavily conform to being the standard skinny size for most well known people. I just think its the unbalanced ratio between their intake and output. Plus the food they eat contributes to their outlook as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
I don't think the weight loss has got something to do with the dieting or the sort. Just imagine if you were one of the girls, can you afford to take "less" given the activities you have? Hell no! They can't do that all lives and other promotional activities without proper food intake. Just like bleachnlife said, I think the "input and output" is out of balance for the girls. Also, I noticed that Haruna started losing weight around the time she had her "throat" problems so I think that's one factor why she's so skinny now.

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 am

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I agree with ms Lieann here.. also based on what I've watched in some of their documentaries and stuff..It shows there how they really feast every time they practice and do live performances.. a lot of food is served..so I don't think they are being strict in their diet.. what I think is just they are doing to much live performances..doing live performances is very tiring..I can say that because I'm a musician and a performer myself..even just one song can make you sweat a lot.. and It's a good way to loose weight..that could be a big reason..
UHUH!

me want you..

(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 am

nekopi028

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
EXACTLY. Specially HARUNA. Well, we can't do anything bout it, they always have lots of promotions and gigs. Lets just hope that they take their meals seriously.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SCANDAL.MAMI  Smile 
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:11 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
They love their food! Just look at their blog posts... Haruna is going to the gym... just look at those arm muscles when she flexes *admires*

They're fine... we pester over them like their our children... STOP doing that! Give em some space their adults for god's sake!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:48 am

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
..and btw..I think in Japan..it's not allowed for them to get fat..that's what i read in some info site thingy before.. UHUH!
except if you're a sumo wrestler i guess..ahehe..

me want you..

(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
funk_you22 wrote:..and btw..I think in Japan..it's not allowed for them to get fat..that's what i read in some info site thingy before.. UHUH!
except if you're a sumo wrestler i guess..ahehe..
But.. But... SCANDAL isn't massive.... oh my god... please....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm

I want to lose weight like the girls do... Please

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:14 am

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
..it's not that i'm saying that they are fat...of course not..it's obvious that they are not..it's what I've read that it's a law in Japan that..every single people in Japan are not allowed to be overweight..
UHUH!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:17 am

Fenderous224

Caless Student
Caless Student
thats totally not true...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:17 am

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
Mami , lost the most , she looks amazing now , and so much more confident because of that. I think some Japanese girls just keep puppy fat a bit longer than others... just my observation : )
They all look amazing now. Can't pick my favourite any more LOL.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:52 pm

thisguy2011

Caless Student
Caless Student
To me haruna can stand to gain a bit. The rest are perfect. But i guess the question is wheather they have changed in weight. I can't really say but i do hope they don't go overboard either way. Except for mami she would cute a bit chubbier

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:06 am

Haru-chan56

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'd say that Haruna probably lost the most weight. She looks super thin. She could definitely stand to gain some weight. Timo, Mami and Rina are all perfect and just right. All of four of them are also looking fantastic and getting prettier each day. It's hard to choose a favourite now xD Although I would like to loose weight too xD Anyways, SCANDAL will always be SCANDAL no matter their images ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Scandalove

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.scandalove.com
It's crazy how they've changed from when they did the PV for DOLL. I love them either way and as long as they're healthy and happy I can't complain. I honestly can't believe how tiny they are height wise. They could stand to grow a few inches. Lol

Back to top Go down