Haruna has scoliosis(?)
Posted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 pm

rinarinchan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong topic, I'm new here so yeah.
One thing I've noticed about Haruna is her back is like a S, I don't know if I'm the creepy one that looks too much on someone's body lol but when the Taiyou Scandalous PV came out I was pretty sure she really has it, but I don't think her scoliosis is that bad
For those who don't what scoliosis is: Scoliosis is a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side. Although it is a complex three-dimensional deformity, on an X-ray, viewed from the rear, the spine of an individual with scoliosis may look more like an "S" or a "C", rather than a straight line

And here's some pictures that you can see she has it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But that's ok our Haru's still saikou, Haruna fighting ^-^ LOVE

Last edited by rinarinchan on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Haruna has scoliosis(?)
Posted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I absolutely can't tell you something about that, I really don't know. My sister also had a scoliose when she was younger.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 pm

nysuke

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Holy mother's. I just noticed that now. I kind of agree with you TS. Damn... Nice spot. But I doubt she have any medical condition unless you can see it from lives and such. Lets hope shes fine Wink

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scandal what are you doing? Scandal Stahp!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Hey!

I think it's good, that you take care and worry about Haru, but in this case, I think (or I hope) that you overreact a bit.
In the first picture we can see, that she may have kind of a hollow back, but that's (in most cases) not really a thing to worry about! (Am I the only one here with a hollow back?!)
In the second picture I'm pretty sure, that she stands in a Contrapposto wich makes it look like an S-curve and is supposed to let her look more sexy I think.
The only pic which I would probably agree with you is the last one. But since we cannot see her legs and her feet and how she stands on the ground, this could only be a coincidence.

So, to my mind, we don't need to worry Thumbs Onion

Greetings,

Hasenfu

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:09 pm

FreeFall

International Performer
International Performer
Hasenfu wrote:
The only pic which I would probably agree with you is the last one. But since we cannot see her legs and her feet and how she stands on the ground, this could only be a coincidence. Hasenfu

Yep, the third one is the one that most seems. I used to have it when I was younger (actually I don't know if I still have haha). But nothing can be confirmed. I don't think she has.

TIMO OVERFLOW!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Leyh

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rheyolds?feature=mhee
Yeah I don't think she has it, and even if it's right, she is fine, at least she looks like fine ^^

I had a friend who have scioliosis, she said it didn't disturb her and I found that pretty x)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hmm, I couldn't tell,

In the last one it might just be the angle and the way she pulls up her arms to take off the shirt, who knows Delinquent

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 am

rinarinchan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Guys, you may don't notice it because it's not that bad and she's always with t-shirts, jackets and stuff but when she put a dress you can see it a little bit, and in the last picture if you watch the PV her legs are straight a little bit far from each other but it's still straight lol and no one's back in the top looks like that, in the top I mean the part where the S starts(?) I don't know how to say this c: and I have scoliosis too but it's also not that bad no one ever noticed it just the doctors lol and I've been to a lot of doctors so I can tell she has it and it can get pretty bad if you don't treat it while you're young and growing because scoliosis or you're born with that or it can happen when you're still growing so the scoliosis will also stop growing until you stop growing, you can't cure it unless you do a surgery of course
To me she really has it, but I kinda hope I'm wrong and just seeing things 'cause I don't want Haruna to suffer from pain :c

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:53 am

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
I hope you're wrong but if she has it, they would have said it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:03 pm

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Can't really tell if she has scoliosis but IMO she definitely has problems with her back. From this image,

(Yeah her hair looks creepy here LOL)

you can see that she has a tendency to lean to her left side when she sleeps while sitting and it seems she's not realizing the cause of this. Based on what Mami said, this position is actually a medium position and it could get even worse.

Tthis is the video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Stating from about 3:40

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 pm

scaione

Caless Student
Caless Student
Omg this is creepy omg....but I hope she will be just fine even if she has it but hoping she's not.....

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:42 pm

ahxiian

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@raynsity That imagine immediately came into my mind when I read this thread. LOL
I was surprised Haru could fall asleep like that as well.

@topic Well.. I do hope this is only a coincidence.. we can't really confirm anything.

SCANDAL the best all girls band ever !
RINA — I may make a mistake, I may be unable to do it, and I may lose heart..
but I think it is wasteful if I stopped because of such a thing.. I want to steadily change tomorrow by myself !
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
@raynsity: gosh that vid Onion XD

@topic: well, scoliosis is caused by genetics (but maybe i'm wrong. but it's not from bad habits like kyphosis and lordosis), and it's not such big deal. plus we can't confirm it.

me: GENKI DESU~ Onion Shy

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Kazu-x-Haz

International Performer
International Performer
Well i really do hope is only a coincidence.. we can't really confirm anything.

Fadeless Gazette - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Monochrome Heaven - [You must be
registered and logged in to see this link.]
Last.FM - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tumblr:

Pls Leave a Message in my visitor message for my Flag Counter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---- Click

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:02 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I think some of you guys must have been freaked out a bit by the scoliosis tests they give you in school Happy

I see nothing in any of these pics. She looks 100% normal to me. People's backs are never 100% straight when they're moving around and doing things in their daily lives.

Also, not for nothing but she is a guitarist. I would actually say *most* guitarists favor one side, because the weight of the guitar is on your left shoulder (if you're right-handed). It doesn't mean they have scoliosis.

She used to play Telecaster Thinlines for that reason - they're lighter. Right now she's got that Squier, which looks like a solidbody Tele, but who really knows - it's obviously a custom guitar. But anyway, even lugging 6 pounds around on your left shoulder all the time (which is what a Thinline usually weighs) can cause a person to favor one side. It's just a muscle and comfort thing, not a bone thing.

But I'm not sure I'm even seeing that in any of these pics.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:37 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
I agree with what spacecadet says.

I had one of those scoliosis tests in school when i was younger,and they told me that i had a backbone crooked ever so slightly before telling me that probably most people's backs are crooked in one way or another anyways,born of bad sitting postures,or from sports,or whatever.Nothing to be really concerned about.

I myself play the guitar as well,and i use a Telecaster as well,almost identical to our dear HARUNA's.Believe me when i say that standing up with a Tele hanging on one shoulder is not at all comfortable;i often have to roll my shoulders after every 2 songs in a 2-hour jamming session to ease the discomfort and the aching.

So,i don't really think that 150cm+ Miss.HARUNA,who plays the heavy Telecaster for extended periods of time almost every few days,if not almost everyday,doesn't really have stellar back posture.Most guitarists suffer from back problems anyways,it's just part of the routine. /shrugs

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:45 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
yuujin_21 wrote:So,i don't really think that 150cm+ Miss.HARUNA,who plays the heavy Telecaster for extended periods of time almost every few days,if not almost everyday,doesn't really have stellar back posture.Most guitarists suffer from back problems anyways,it's just part of the routine. /shrugs

Yeah, and just to add to this point, this is no doubt one of the reasons she goes to the gym regularly now, as she said on the band blog. I doubt she's just randomly working on her pecs or glutes or something; I'm sure she's strengthening back and shoulder muscles and other things that will help her as a live guitarist playing 2+ hour shows on a regular basis. You can see this a bit when you look at her - her shoulders are a little broader than they used to be, and her upper arms are more defined (which is a side effect of shoulder strength training). It looks like she's been working her legs, shoulders and back.

It may not look it to everyone when you see someone play, but electric guitars are heavy. Guitarists throw them around like nothing because we're used to the weight and that makes them look lighter than they are, but they are heavy. It wears on the body after a while.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:34 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I have played bass guitar for many years and when I first got into J-Pop I was amazed
by all these small, slender Japanese girls with heavy solid body guitars.
I now know that Japanese women are small but very tough but it still a lot of weight.

I started with a Hofner violin bass ( Like Paul McCartney's from the Beatles ) which would
have been ideal for Japanese girls as it was small and light being semi acoustic.
I worry about Tomomi the most as she usually plays the most heavy guitar !

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:29 pm

worldlover

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was also wondering why they didn't choose some light weight instruments instead...I myself can't stand heavy guitars like Les Paul etc. Maybe it's the iconic Fender image? I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:44 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
worldlover wrote:I was also wondering why they didn't choose some light weight instruments instead...I myself can't stand heavy guitars like Les Paul etc. Maybe it's the iconic Fender image? I don't know.

Haruna started out with a solid Telecaster, then switched almost totally to Thinlines because of the weight. She had about 6 different Thinlines at one point, and only 2 solid body Telecasters which she only used for a couple songs. Honestly, it was a little overkill and she has dramatically pared back the number of guitars she takes with her anywhere now. Before her current Squier, she was using just one or two Thinlines almost all the time.

Nobody but her really knows what that Squier is like and I don't think she's described it in detail anywhere. It doesn't have an F-hole but it could still be hollow with a closed top (like the Fender Japan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). There's no doubt they hand-built that thing just for her, even though it has a Squier decal on it. It's almost definitely a Fender custom shop guitar, so it's probably made just how she wants it. I doubt she's gone back to carrying an 8 pound guitar around, after playing 6 pound guitars for so long.

I read an interview somewhere where Haruna said she picked the Telecaster originally because Mami was using a Strat and she just wanted something different, but still recognizable. And even a solid body Tele is lighter than something like the Les Paul.

I don't know why Tomomi started playing Fender basses. It could be as you said, that they're just well known. Or she might have just gone to the store and asked the guy what to buy and a Fender bass is a safe recommendation - there aren't many people who *dislike* them. They didn't know anything about musical instruments when they first started playing.

Some people do just like the feel of a heavy guitar too, even though it's physically bad for them. Playing a 10lb. Les Paul every day really isn't good for anybody regardless of their size, but they're still plenty popular.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 pm

-Stry~.

Caless Student
Caless Student
Maybe. Seeing the pictures I think it's not so worrying, I've seen worse cases.
I had never noticed that ( I think it's because always I see them I just pay attention on Mami Tears of Joy ), but she is awesome. Nice One

Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:00 am

worldlover

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:
worldlover wrote:I was also wondering why they didn't choose some light weight instruments instead...I myself can't stand heavy guitars like Les Paul etc. Maybe it's the iconic Fender image? I don't know.

Haruna started out with a solid Telecaster, then switched almost totally to Thinlines because of the weight. She had about 6 different Thinlines at one point, and only 2 solid body Telecasters which she only used for a couple songs. Honestly, it was a little overkill and she has dramatically pared back the number of guitars she takes with her anywhere now. Before her current Squier, she was using just one or two Thinlines almost all the time.

Nobody but her really knows what that Squier is like and I don't think she's described it in detail anywhere. It doesn't have an F-hole but it could still be hollow with a closed top (like the Fender Japan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). There's no doubt they hand-built that thing just for her, even though it has a Squier decal on it. It's almost definitely a Fender custom shop guitar, so it's probably made just how she wants it. I doubt she's gone back to carrying an 8 pound guitar around, after playing 6 pound guitars for so long.

I read an interview somewhere where Haruna said she picked the Telecaster originally because Mami was using a Strat and she just wanted something different, but still recognizable. And even a solid body Tele is lighter than something like the Les Paul.

I don't know why Tomomi started playing Fender basses. It could be as you said, that they're just well known. Or she might have just gone to the store and asked the guy what to buy and a Fender bass is a safe recommendation - there aren't many people who *dislike* them. They didn't know anything about musical instruments when they first started playing.

Some people do just like the feel of a heavy guitar too, even though it's physically bad for them. Playing a 10lb. Les Paul every day really isn't good for anybody regardless of their size, but they're still plenty popular.

I'm interested in their "Squier" signature models as well. Could they be built in the US and shipped over to Japan? Or were they Japanese made? Wonder if they will ever release them to the public!

Didn't Timo designed a bass with ESP earlier? Howcome she's not using it at all? That one certainly seems to be lighter than her Fenders.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
worldlover wrote:I'm interested in their "Squier" signature models as well. Could they be built in the US and shipped over to Japan? Or were they Japanese made? Wonder if they will ever release them to the public!

Doubtful - sparkle finishes are hard to do and I can't think of a Squier guitar that has one. (I'm not saying there aren't any, but I don't personally know of any and I would be surprised to see one.) Also, Haruna's sparkle finish has *really* big sparkle flakes in it, which is even harder to do. She's got like a vintage-style sparkle finish. That guitar would be too expensive to release as a Squier.

As for where hers was built, I am not sure but it is definitely possible it's American. Lots of blogs have said it's based on a Blacktop Telecaster but there are some very obvious differences, most notably the neck and fretboard are completely different. It's a completely custom shop guitar with features that look similar to a Blacktop, but it is obviously not a Blacktop. Both Fender in the USA and Fender Japan have custom shops now, so it could have been built in either place and there are things only she is going to know about it (and maybe the rest of the band, if she lets them touch it).

I actually bought the "Go! Go! Guitar!" that had them on the cover with their new guitars a while back, but I was disappointed to see that she didn't talk about it in there! At least not as far as I can tell. The whole interview was just about Queens are Trumps, even though it's a guitar magazine.

Didn't Timo designed a bass with ESP earlier? Howcome she's not using it at all? That one certainly seems to be lighter than her Fenders.

I actually don't know about that. But now they obviously have a marketing deal with Squier, so she seems like she has to use a Squier bass for a certain number of songs, and maybe she just prefers a Fender bass the rest of the time because it feels similar. (And if her bass is like Haruna's guitar, it probably actually *is* a Fender.)

Anyway this is getting kind of off-topic, but hopefully everyone else knows that it's still basically about the weight Haruna's slinging over her shoulder every day, and what that does to the back and shoulder muscles.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:19 am

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think haruna don't have any scoliosis, because many people with scoliosis cannot walk properly or the style of walking is weird

more over, she looks fine when she is using the uniform (I mean she looks straight and slim)

I think the reason you guys think thats she has scoliosis is the position in Taiyou Scandalous PV, for me its just the unusual position when she want to open her T-shirt

Back to top Go down