Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

General Discussion [Page 10 of 22]

Re: General Discussion
Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:52 am

clem84

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
When I saw that the production on Stamp! was nearing the end, at first I was thinking of suggesting older songs. There are so many I think would be cool to do.

Koe, Welcome Home, Rainy, Your song, Graduation, yoake no ryuuseigun, onegai navigation, runners high, Beer can, Awanai, Love Survive, Sparkling, of the top of my head.

But then I saw that "Love me do" already had two votes so I got the feeling pretty early on that people were more interested in playing, seeing, covers of new songs so I kinda gave up on the idea of suggesting something old and went with my current choice. But you're right, with the current system in place, older songs are very unlikely to ever get covered. I would be in favor of having a 2 project system going on where people could choose to cover something new or something old, or both if they have enough time and motivation to participate in both.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:41 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
clem84 wrote:... or both if they have enough time and motivation to participate in both.

My motivation comes in waves lol. A month ago I did two (not so good) SCANDAL covers in two weeks, and there was one time I did a solo guitar-bass-drum cover of STANDARD in a weekend. All these complete with mixing and the video edit.

I have no friends. Hahaha.

General Discussion - Page 10 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:36 am

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:LOVE ME DO - 4

SUKI-SUKI - 1

OVERDRIVE - 1

I've been thinking, and by all means shoot this idea down if all and sundry disagrees.

I wonder if two covers can be done by two bands. One doing a song from a current album at the time, and the other doing an old(er) SCANDAL favourite. People tend to get excited at the time of a new album release - you could see from the suggestions of songs from YELLOW of late, and yet some still yearn to play the old classics.

From the current votes above, unless we get a sudden interest from other SHCB members wanting to do OVERDRIVE, it'll never get covered. And then album#8 comes out, and people will go ga-ga over the songs in that new album, and the cycle goes on and so forth if you catch my drift.

I can see certain issues especially with the facilitating of two ongoing cover projects by moderators but since the Departure cover onwards, I note that these covers have been voted for and project commenced by SH members who are not necessarily the official moderators of the SHCB thread. If a two cover system gets the green light - I'd suggest the individual cover band nominates a bandleader who moderates the deadlines so that one moderator doesn't have to monitor everything. I may have mentioned this before (and I'm sure others in the band have as well), recent cover projects have been completed relatively faster with the deadline system.

I also noted that one of the original mods, Exhilem, has not been on SH for a couple of years now. I wonder if any of the global mods could consider electing another moderator to assist Graffixron in this endeavour? Because strictly speaking, if we look at the 'rules' for the band - voting for songs/commencement of a project can only be done by the band mods. That is if I understand the whole thing correctly.

People are busy and life circumstances change - I would also suggest if the newly appointed moderator feels that (s)he cannot keep a tab on the thread, (s)he should make it known to the global mods that a new mod can take over. It beats seeing posts going "So, any news on the cover?" weeks apart because no one knows what's happening.

I hope I'm not treading on any toes here but as I said - it's fine if you don't think this is a good idea, but I'd thought I'd share it with the band.

i suggest if someone wants to take part in a cover project, they have to be really sure that they have the time, and can get the job done right on deadline. i know life happens, but being a part of a collaborative project means you have the responsibility to not let the other members wait too long for you.

oh one question, say... if i want to do a cover of a personal favorite SCANDAL song, am i allowed to make a thread to ask if anyone wants to join me? 

cheers.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:43 am

alexmontero08

alexmontero08

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
can i vote? i'll vote onegai navigation. Happy

General Discussion - Page 10 16880211
General Discussion - Page 10 976811Every beat of drums, every strum of guitar, every slap of bass string, you form Music... General Discussion - Page 10 976811
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:24 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
madeindar: 

You are not wrong there. However, sometimes even the most committed may be swayed to be more relaxed if the whole project takes ages to progress eg waiting for another member to lay down his/her tracks. I guess some degree of flexibility (and patience) is still required. When something is organised with too much military precision, it may become less enjoyable and possibly turn people off.

As for getting your own thread re: own covers, that's a splendid idea! Probably it can still be under the MEMBER'S ACTIVITIES umbrella but separate from SHCB, as it won't be an "official" SH band project.

Following alex's nomination the tally will be as follows, but surely we need a time limit for this or it'll just go forever. 

LOVE ME DO - 4
SUKI SUKI - 1
OVERDRIVE - 1
ONEGAI NAVI - 1

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:37 pm

clem84

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hmm... Depending on how this goes, I might be tempted to change my vote to Onegai.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:00 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
If indeed that is the case, the tally will be as follows

LOVE ME DO - 4
ONEGAI NAVI - 2
OVERDRIVE - 1

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:43 pm

pinq

pinq

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i vote love me do

onegai navi would be easier to cover than love me do or overdrive, too many overdub/backing track/sequencer (whatever you call it xd) on overdrive its gonna be hard too cover but if we go with kudo's idea i think we can do 2 covers [love me do and onegai navi/overdrive]

@made, feel free to ask me if u want to do your own cover Happy i personally want to cover pin heel surfer now Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:10 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
LOVE ME DO - 5
ONEGAI NAVI -2
OVERDRIVE -1

Shall we we vote until the end of the weekend, ie Sunday 1 May 2016. Specifically 2359 hrs GMT (just when I thought military-styled precision was blergh).

As for having two simultaneous cover projects - I personally would wait for a mod to give the thumbs up or something, and not jump the gun.

Besides, despite the interest/suggestion, we only have one song leading in the vote. Unless, ONEGAI NAVI goes neck-to-neck with LMD by this Sunday.

Last edited by kudo_maharizu on Mon May 02, 2016 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:28 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'll vote for Love Me Do. Don't ask me to help though. You know, life has it's ups and downs.

Pinheel Surfer would almost require someone at least attempting to dance and sing while in a business suit. Or maybe we could have some random dancers in suits. Now all I think of is that video you posted the other day Noodles!

General Discussion - Page 10 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:39 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
LOVE ME DO - 6
ONEGAI NAVI -2
OVERDRIVE -1

I think it's quite obvious what the next cover will be. Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 am

clem84

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have a question I've been meaning to ask for a long time. I've never been part of the cover production process so I'm not sure exactly how you guys operate but I get the feeling that one of the participants records his track, then sends it to the other participants to use with the recording of their own track, etc... If this is so, then why not have everyone use the original track from Scandal to record their own (listen to it while you play/sing) and then have everyone send their track to the mixing/editing person? Wouldn't this be a lot faster? We could have a 1-month deadline (or longer) for everyone to produce their audio and video. It could greatly expedite things.

Last edited by clem84 on Sun May 01, 2016 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
clem84 wrote:I have a question I've been meaning to ask for a long time. I've never been part of the cover production process so I'm not sure exactly how you guys operate but I get the feeling that one of the participants records his track, then sends it to the other participants to use with the recording of their own track, etc... If this is so, then why not have everyone use the original track from Scandal to record their own (listen to it while you play/sing) and then have everyone send their track to the mixing/editing person? Wouldn't this be a lot faster? Would could have a 1-month deadline (or longer) for everyone to produce their audio and video. It could greatly expedite things.

The ethos of the band project is(?was) to actually do this from scratch (hence the drums first, bass later etc). I think that is the case, anyway.

To tell you the truth, when I did my rhythm track to Stamp!, it was done with the actual SCANDAL recording. Provided the people on musical instruments can maintain a decent beat in time etc, mixing the band is pretty easy. Sure, if someone is a bit off (operative word=a bit) - it's cut and drag, cut and paste etc. I understand some people have a traditionalist stance on recording but we don't have time to do multiple takes and digital editing makes it easy. Also in 'proper' recording, a band tends to do the actual drums first with the guitars/bass as a guide. And then having each guitarist record their part over a guide.

Perhaps for the singers, they would like to sing along with the pre-recorded cover band mix, as it would make the final mix nicer and less karaoke.

Again, I agree with you and perhaps for this next cover - that's how the band should do it, except that the vocals should be done over the cover band's instrumental mix.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 4:19 am

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu: 

wasnt expecting military grade precision, though. the deadline system we have now is already flexible enough for me. the thing is, sometimes when one part takes too long to finish, it can eat up the time that the other members have allocated to do their parts.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 6:20 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
madeindar wrote:kudo_maharizu: 

wasnt expecting military grade precision, though. the deadline system we have now is already flexible enough for me. the thing is, sometimes when one part takes too long to finish, it can eat up the time that the other members have allocated to do their parts.

I was being facetious when I use that term, dude. hehe. Hey, I like the deadline system and I have alluded in my earlier posts that it works. Wasn't rubbishing it at all.

But clem84's idea makes perfect sense - it is possible for a cover project to start by everyone (except for the ones on vocal duties) to record their own parts if the band is doing a straightforward cover (it won't work if the band decided to do, say, a jazz version of Onegai Navi). None of this waiting business (D can't start because C can't start because B is on holiday for a month in Peru).

Just to add - remember when I said earlier that I recorded my part to the SCANDAL recording of Stamp! for the last cover? I actually did it when I got the part after babaloued posted the first post on the thread. Hehe. It only looked like I waited for the bass part to be recorded, just to not confuse people. The song still worked because it doesn't really matter.

UPDATE 2/5/16

Usually we have the mods/baba handling the voting and commencement of a project on SHCB.

I know I have wondered if we should end the vote by last night 12AM GMT but looking at the pattern of previous votes:
- the voting period went a little longer
- there were votes by people interested in doing the vocals

The second bit above I think matters, and the last thing one wants is starting a project and no one wanna sing on the project. So, I guess we extend the voting period? Any opinions?

Current tally

LOVE ME DO - 6
ONEGAI NAVI -2
OVERDRIVE -1

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 03, 2016 5:14 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
To be honest, I thought that everyone played off the original Scandal track, but either way it shouldn't make a difference in recording as long as the drum track is in sync. The way the deadlines work right now really speed up the process, so I'd keep that format, but record in a way that makes you feel the most comfortable, haha.

I'm totally down for a two cover system as well, btw. I think it wouldn't take a lot of extra time if there are two project managers for each cover. Deadlines stay the same; as long as there is a person for each part, what's the problem?

I think we should extend the voting till the end of the week for kicks, but I think that for each cover, a singer will show up no matter what.

General Discussion - Page 10 HO2yovn

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 03, 2016 8:38 am

pinq

pinq

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:
UPDATE 2/5/16

Usually we have the mods/baba handling the voting and commencement of a project on SHCB.

I know I have wondered if we should end the vote by last night 12AM GMT but looking at the pattern of previous votes:
- the voting period went a little longer
- there were votes by people interested in doing the vocals

The second bit above I think matters, and the last thing one wants is starting a project and no one wanna sing on the project. So, I guess we extend the voting period? Any opinions?

Current tally

LOVE ME DO - 6
ONEGAI NAVI -2
OVERDRIVE -1

marcoatendido wrote:
I think we should extend the voting till the end of the week for kicks, but I think that for each cover, a singer will show up no matter what.

if the end of the week no one wanna do the vocal part, maybe we can start to make the instrument first then move to the next project while waiting our singers appeared. Then we can ask mod to put it into homepage as news that we need a singer so our 15k member here can see it and also the guests who are interested to join would sign up, because they need to be a member if they want to take a part... this will make a lot of musicians to join here

it would be good if the singer can choose what she/he want to sing if we already got 3-4 songs covered

anyway this is just my opinion, since i recently active here you can ignore it if you doesn't agree Happy

Last edited by pinq on Tue May 03, 2016 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too much)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 03, 2016 8:49 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
pinq - I love your covers. Looking forward to see you do your stuff here!

I'm with marco on this. Yeah, we'll extend the voting til this weekend. 

But IF there are two covers, the other one has to be an oldie with the most votes I guess. Onegai Navi's not that old, really. Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2016 11:07 am

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
pinq wrote:i vote love me do

onegai navi would be easier to cover than love me do or overdrive, too many overdub/backing track/sequencer (whatever you call it xd) on overdrive its gonna be hard too cover but if we go with kudo's idea i think we can do 2 covers [love me do and onegai navi/overdrive]

@made, feel free to ask me if u want to do your own cover Happy i personally want to cover pin heel surfer now Tongue

i'm thinking of going in more rock-ish approach for Overdrive though, already have the concept in my head. so vote for it please!! hahahahah just kiding

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 7:49 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
The last time someone voted for something was on 30 April, guys.

LOVE ME DO - 6
ONEGAI NAVI -2
OVERDRIVE -1

As per usual convention, LOVE ME DO should be the next SHCB project.

But before the LMD project thread is to be opened, there's this business of shall we/shall we not do a co-existing project of an older/non-current album song. From what I can see, we have two votes for ONEGAI NAVI which technically would mean that it should be chosen.

I have a question, though - how confident are we of getting enough people on that second project? I can see alexmontero and clem84 are keen on ONEGAI which means the guitar (?lead/?rhythm) and drums are pretty much covered. Should we see if there is any genuine interest in people playing on this separate project before actually launching an actual project thread?

Another option for a concurrent project is like what madeindar suggested - a self-made project on the side.

Looking forward to hear what you have to say. Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 07, 2016 8:25 pm

clem84

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I am willing and able to do Onegai. I would love it actually. But you're right, we need more people to join. Be it people who are already participating in LMD, or others who would prefer to do Onegai, we need more participants or else if it's just the two of us it could potentially drag on for a very long time. Perhaps we could simply keep updating the general discussion thread as needed and wait for people to come forward?

Or we could start an official thread that goes:

11th cover: Onegai Navigation (_____, _____ and _____ still needed)

and wait a bit? Either would work.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 08, 2016 6:04 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
clem84 wrote:I am willing and able to do Onegai. I would love it actually. But you're right, we need more people to join. Be it people who are already participating in LMD, or others who would prefer to do Onegai, we need more participants or else if it's just the two of us it could potentially drag on for a very long time. Perhaps we could simply keep updating the general discussion thread as needed and wait for people to come forward?

Or we could start an official thread that goes:

11th cover: Onegai Navigation (_____, _____ and _____ still needed)

and wait a bit? Either would work.

At a stretch I'd kinda like to join the ONEGAI project too - but I have already done a 3-man cover on my YouTube channel where I played lead guitar on it. I'd love to try the bass but it's a b***h to play (TIMO is so good) - so if alexmontero wanna play lead, I'll be happy to be on rhythm duty if no one wants to.

I think we'll open up the LOVE ME DO project first, and continue discussing ONEGAI NAVI on this general thread, only to begin if/when we get a full complement of personnel to do it.

I need to contact an SH global moderator first before kickstarting this, so please wait.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 08, 2016 6:36 am

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hello! New here! I just submitted my application! Yoroshiku~

Wow, Switch sounds great!
I can do vocal, back vocals O_O I love back vocal part ;9
Is there any open spot?

-
Check out my SCANDAL artwork

General Discussion - Page 10 Stis_b11

General Discussion - Page 10 Insta11

General Discussion - Page 10 Tumblr11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 08, 2016 7:25 am

pinq

pinq

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:pinq - I love your covers. Looking forward to see you do your stuff here!

I'm with marco on this. Yeah, we'll extend the voting til this weekend. 

But IF there are two covers, the other one has to be an oldie with the most votes I guess. Onegai Navi's not that old, really. Grin

sure, if youre gonna do an old song Happy I actually still cant move from best scandal and temptation box album

madeindar wrote:
i'm thinking of going in more rock-ish approach for Overdrive though, already have the concept in my head. so vote for it please!! hahahahah just kiding

dont worry... love me do will be quick to be finished, i will vote overdrive for the next project [so many track here xd scandal part, acoustic guitar, grand piano, synth and transition sound, banjo and accordion sounds like]

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 08, 2016 9:12 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Final tally:

LOVE ME DO - 6
ONEGAI NAVI -2
OVERDRIVE -1

You may apply now (project green lighted by Global Mod noodles - dōmo, nūderuzu-san!)

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12885-the-tenth-shcb-project-love-me-do

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.