Go down

Upcoming Project [Page 7 of 7]

Re: Upcoming Project
Posted Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm

magician422

magician422

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
graffixron wrote:madeindar - If you want to try a mix feel free. I will drop out from mixing... I appreciate the enthusiasm from everyone to jump in and get busy but it can become a bit crowded and somewhat unnecessary... so I will stick to the drum track.
On that note... This song is very "processed" and could even be considered a bit "overmastered". I believe Magician may agree with me on this. The is a definite disconnect in the drum part and I am trying to learn it as it is recorded but I haven't got it completely verbatim... close but Rina and I play very differently.
I will give it my best and post the drum track within the next two days.
Thanks everyone for your patience!

RG

I agree with graffixron, this in gonna be an interesting mix to do, with a lot of detailed touches, but I can't wait to get it started!

Ladies and Gentlemen
I'm about to introduce you to the best band around
SCANDAL
Often imitated, never duplicated
Stronger than the strongest man
Cuter than your best friend's sister
Sexier than s.e.x itself
Nice and smoother than silk
Like ice on a warm, hot, summer day
SCANDAL in the house
So let's everybody try it one more time
Come on three, two, one...
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 pm

graffixron

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My current setup uses a total of 12 microphones - all panned at varying degrees to create a stereo image. All mics are run into a 16 channel Yamaha board. Those levels are permanent and are not adjusted - because they are accurate for the kit. The output from that board is what I record and post. Just the raw drum track... no processing, effects, bus etc. That way the engineer can apply effects like reverb and master the track as his/her ears determine. As for me - I keep all tracks separate at all times and do my mastering from there. I hope this helps and thanks for the kind words!

also... this may answer some questions if you haven't seen it yet...
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8627-recording-process-and-recording-tips

RG

GRAFFIXRON
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 5:01 am

madeindar

madeindar

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@graffixron
so i'm assuming you use more than 2 overhead channels?
ive never had experience with 16 channels drum track before hahahah... interesting.

so, lets get this on then...

cheers

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

graffixron

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@madeindar
12 mics going into a 16 channel board... output to two XLR cables going into a presonus USB box to the terminal.
I use two overhead pencil condensers, each tom/snare has its own mic, and the kick setup.
It's not a complicated setup once you get each of the levels set... which took me about 4 weeks of playing around with it.

RG

GRAFFIXRON
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.