New Paper 18th Mar 2013

Last edited by metalleo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: New Paper Singapore
Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:43 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
There ya go, straight from the horses' mouths so to speak. I personally have never believed even for one second that the usual idol rules ever applied to them.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:01 am

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
oh what a lovely title~ TOJ Onion

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”

l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:11 am

scandfan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
"Personally, we don't really think of ourselves as cute-looking at all"

But they are so cute...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 am

ahxiian

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This totally made my day.. Dies
It's the one of the best thing I've ever read in a newspaper.. Tears of Joy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

SCANDAL the best all girls band ever !
RINA — I may make a mistake, I may be unable to do it, and I may lose heart..
but I think it is wasteful if I stopped because of such a thing.. I want to steadily change tomorrow by myself !
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 am

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
...it came out from them..it is clearly stated..they are not an idol group..that should shut the mouths of those who think that they are an idol group..now I can sleep in peace..
Onion Skipping

me want you..

(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 am

alrick13

thanks... can you give additional details about the newspaper like; official name and publication date

thanks again

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
funk_you22 wrote:...it came out from them..it is clearly stated..they are not an idol group..that should shut the mouths of those who think that they are an idol group..now I can sleep in peace..
Onion Skipping

Well, they've been saying this since 2008. It's not the first time...

But also, they do need to pay attention to the kind of music they're recording and playing live if they don't want people to have the wrong idea.

I've often thought that the band has one idea for what they are, and the record company a slightly different one...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:49 am

haku nakashi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
...isn't their ROCKmusic POPular amongst us?!

Someone here has even IDOLatries in them .

Last edited by haku nakashi on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : modification)

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT MY FAVOURITE MEMBERS OF SCANDAL ARE
HARUNA AND MAMI AND RINA AND TOMOMI!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:15 am

Nikkasa

International Performer
International Performer
H..haruno ono? O.o

Mamitasu love Melons ~(^v^~)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 am

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
alrick13 wrote:thanks... can you give additional details about the newspaper like; official name and publication date

thanks again

updated in first post

Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 am

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Nice article! Thanks for sharing!
I wonder, which metal songs they really like Happy

Anyway, sympathyyyyy Onion Love

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
LOL haruno. i never noticed that. oh well at least they never screwed up the other names.

actually i was rather pissed they chose to release their interview today. cos this newspaper have a music section every tuesday, they probably would have received more in depth coverage if it was released tomorrow. considering other japanese acts like flumpool, weaver and luna sea have been featured there before i don't understand why SCANDAL won't be featured there, when their popularity are at least on par with any of those featured there. damn newspaper focusing too much on kpop again; they have at least 1 kpop group on there every week.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 am

parkseonyang

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm actually ambivalent about them being not that popular.
Sometimes I question myself why it makes me feel good when the group I love is also one that's popular/widely recognised. And deep down the answer is because I feel proud that my 'choice' is also recognised by others. But why should that matter? Then again, I've seen how popularity puts so much pressure on celebrities that they eventually succumb to changing their styles in hopes of gaining a wider audience and in turn, gaining more popularity. Yes, I am insinuating about certain other Asian groups.

For me, I wouldn't necessarily equate popularity with success, though I'm not insisting that everyone thinks popularity = success. I'm satisfied that these girls stay focused on producing good music, their own style of music that pleases their current fans and if others somehow stumble upon them, then good for the band and the new fans! I'm content with little coverage given to them in the mainstream press. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
Newspaper reporter sure knows how to make controversy news.
they cut their bait question and just print the answer from the artist Clap

Please don't take my jokes too seriously
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:17 pm

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Cool article. Was quite surprised when they said they listen to Metal music , but Rina does like Nao from Maximum the Hormone so it's obvious that she listens to them.
At least we get to know they're all single HAHA

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:55 pm

darksteel

International Performer
International Performer
The new paper is a lousy purification of news.

Just next this article is a Kpop news which was feature in the front page..

Sleeping to Rock Music.
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:58 pm

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
^ what to do? Kpop ruling the country now. just gotta be thankful SCANDAL was still featured even in this era of Kpop domination. Straits Times didn't have anything at all.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
darksteel wrote:The new paper is a lousy purification of news.

Just next this article is a Kpop news which was feature in the front page..

I understand how you feel but IMO as a fan of Scandal we should just be grateful that they get the chance to be featured in an overseas article and most of all being "printed" is much more prestigious than being on an internet article.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:24 pm

darksteel

International Performer
International Performer
i mean to type publication lol .

time to check for all news this week and magazine soon

Sleeping to Rock Music.
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Finally!
I just hope they don't think that all oversea fans see them as idol group and are attracted attractive attires :p

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
raynsity wrote:Cool article. Was quite surprised when they said they listen to Metal music , but Rina does like Nao from Maximum the Hormone so it's obvious that she listens to them.

I'm sure they do listen to some metal, but I agree with whoever said the reporter obviously cut their bait questions... I'm sure the question was something like "Do you guys ever listen to metal?" and the answer was where they said "we listen to a lot of different stuff", which seems like what they said first before saying "including metal, hard rock and other things".

You can look at their Twitter and kind of get an idea of who they like. Some of them are metal/hard rock artists, but then some of them are like, Adam Lambert, Girls Generation and the Jonas Brothers. (Seriously, those are three artists Haruna follows.) I've also seen where they said they like AKB48 and One Direction. So they definitely like some straight pop music.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:37 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
They said they like One Direction....? Urm interview?

Yep, the girls do like a variety of music. Haruna likes mainstream things such as Justin Bieber, etc... Tomo and Mami do like the heavier stuff too; in the AM2 panel, they stated they liked RHCP and The Strokes. Rina likes a variety; she loves Taylor Swift, Maximum the Hormone, The Beatles, The Who etc... SCANDAL are actually great friends with AKB48. It's great that they do listen a lot of different music genres as it expands their knowledge and opinions in the music world. Happy

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:00 pm

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Tomo and Mami..we can get together so very well..ahehehe..love their genres..ahehe...Rina loves The Who?...OMG.. i love them too...ahehehe

me want you..

(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:They said they like One Direction....? Urm interview?

I don't think it's on YouTube - they just did a half hour thing on MTV Japan and from what I could get, one of the questions was something like "what are you listening to lately?" and Haruna said "One Direction". Of course, it provided a segue into a promo MTV then showed right after, but I don't think Haruna would have said it if she was embarrassed about it. You'd never get me to admit listening to Justin Bieber or something if you put me on a music show. I'd tell them to make their own promo!

Back to top Go down