New Paper Singapore [Page 2 of 2]

Re: New Paper Singapore
Posted on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 am

parkseonyang

Caless Student
Caless Student
Anyone saw the life segment of the straits times yesterday? XD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ Oh I see. Thanks for the info!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:17 pm

alrick13

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:45 am

tomomism

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://tomomi-nyan.tumblr.com/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I do photo hunt just to see a new pic of Tomo  

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm

lex21

Caless Student
Caless Student
yeah, they are not idols rather they are rock icons!! \m/

Back to top Go down

SG Interview: New Paper 05/13/15
Posted on Wed May 13, 2015 2:48 am

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Might have to zoom in to read better. Will reupload if it's still too bad, took this from my phone so resolution wasn't very good

Full image

Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 13, 2015 9:04 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:52 am

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
You thanked this post! -

Another interview, this time by email, ahead of their show in Singapore.

And oh look, we got a shout-out! Is this the first time we've been mentioned by journalists? I only know we've been mentioned in passing by the girls in a small number of video interviews.

There's a web version of the article, but it had a different title which I think would offend some people here lol (think the 3 letter P word), which is why I put up the print version instead. Search it up if you want to.

Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:16 pm

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Interesting article, thanks.

I'm not against auto-tune if a group, from early on, uses it.
I do think it's a little weird for a good band (Scandal) after 9 years "suddenly" deciding to use it.
A lot of pop groups use it, but (in my opinion) rock bands shouldn't resort to it, if that's what Scandal still really wants to be. A band like Silent Siren on the other hand aren't what I would call a rock band, and auto tune would probably only compliment their sugary appeal rather than detract.

Having said all that, I understand, based on the extreme styles of music in this last album, that auto-tune is something they wanted to try - just like the sound-bytes they used in Pizza Party for example, and the grunge and reggae tracks, the full-english version of Your Song - they're still trying to find themselves after relying on others so much in the first 7 years. I have high hopes that they will hone their tastes as a band, but keeping a bit of the diversity that we have become accustomed to. I'm already looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@mio-akiyama

Well a lot of the Japanese music Press has decide Scandal are not a Rock band any more but they chose to become J-Pop instead.

http://www.tnp.sg/m/music/j-rock-girl-group-scandal-turn-pop

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:09 pm

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

I'm not willing to go that far yet. I have given them the benefit of the doubt for now.
This is why I used the phrase "if this is what they want to be."

Personally, I can see the temptation to become a pop-band - both Rina and Tomomi exude the cuteness for pop factor pretty naturally, and we've seen in some of the band's individual-inspired songs that they tend to a more poppy sound. I dunno, I don't really wanna think about it at the moment! XD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:49 am

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Got a chance to read the article,  I think the whole auto tune" thing was mostly associate with Sisters  because I don't see(or hear) about any other of the songs from the album to have auto tune in it.

"It seems that auto-tune is one of the methods that can create an opportunity for people who are not accustomed to our rock style of music to give us a listen," she said.
^ honestly to me, I feel like they shouldn't have to go to such route to appeal to people who "don't like their rock style" , if they don't like it than that's on them,  not Scandal. It's great that they appeal to anyone, but they shouldn't have to appeal to everyone UHUH!

I feel like as long as Scandal still calls themselves a 'rock band'(which they still do) they are still a rock group in my book.  There are a lot of bands who are doing the same thing Scandal is doing and is still under the Rock label.

....its like 2012 all over again.

Also thanks for the article.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:10 am

zhihong

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't know why I get worked up when people criticize Scandal's "changes in direction". I like Scandal because I like their live shows. They're not perfect, but they're objectively good. I like their style of performance with the little dances, audience participation and solos. I've seen the behind the scenes, I know it's largely pre-arranged, but it feels like they're behind it. They could have played a whole show of covers and still conveyed their own style. I like our traditions as fans attending lives, like how Haruna took a risk and asked the crowd to take over during Scandal Baby (during the Zepp tour?) and it's since become a concert staple. I like that they're forever having fun and not acting like jaded pros. I think it worries me that critics slap labels on them like they're just one style or one label, but they are people and people are complicated. They like hip hop and ballads and pop songs and electronica and reggae and punk and of course, rock. I believe they have taste and they'll make good music, whatever the genre. I just hope they have the fuel to keep going. 

TL;DR Haru, Mami, Timo and Rina are all awesome people, Scandal shows are awesome fun, reducing them to a few labels like pop or rock sucks, I hope they don't disband no matter what they do.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:44 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Well I want to make the point that I dont expect Scandal to go in the way I want them to go, I love and respect them both as people and musicians and I want them to do what they want to do, even if they decided to become Enka singers that would be fine by me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:50 am

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
zhihong wrote:I don't know why I get worked up when people criticize Scandal's "changes in direction" ...
I think it worries me that critics slap labels on them like they're just one style or one label, but they are people and people are complicated. They like hip hop and ballads and pop songs and electronica and reggae and punk and of course, rock. I believe they have taste and they'll make good music, whatever the genre. I just hope they have the fuel to keep going. 

TL;DR Haru, Mami, Timo and Rina are all awesome people, Scandal shows are awesome fun, reducing them to a few labels like pop or rock sucks, I hope they don't disband no matter what they do.

I know that was probably not aimed at anyone in particular here, but I do get where you're coming from. I know that the argument is not about being labeled a pop group or a rock group. I know it's not about their change of direction. Heck, if they become a pop (I use that in the most general use only) band, good on them. Ultimately it's up to them where they want to go from here, but I know personally, my main concern is that you can't make an album like they did with Yellow and get everyone to like it. That is impossible. If what they want is for everyone to like them, then it's all over. They can't genre-hop in an album as much as they did with this last album. They have to choose their direction and stick with it. And I wish them luck.
Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:30 am

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
metalleo wrote:{cut}
There's a web version of the article, but it had a different title which I think would offend some people here lol (think the 3 letter P word), which is why I put up the print version instead. Search it up if you want to.

Huh? Somebody called my name tripple time? So demonic me appears Tongue
If I cared for press titles I could be offended. But I don't - so I am not.
As for auto-tune - girls used it before - but to lesser extend. And even if they go in direction of total popish popiness - it would not change their previous work that I like a lot. I can listen to them still Tongue I don't have to like all their songs, right? And it is band right to serach, change, evolve and so on.
I do agree with those saying that You can't please everybody - and if girls try to do so, they will err a lot. But right to make their own errors is also theirs Wink
And as I stated before - I do like that they search a lot for their sound, even if I not always agree with results. And that stays true. And I do like Yellow (of course grunge rockish Heaven Na Kibun best).  For good songs and for diversity.

Back to top Go down