Go down

MAMI'S GEAR [Page 1 of 8]

Mami's Guitar
Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Mami bought a new guitar Fender Stratocaster Sunbrust Design ^_^ The first appearance was on friday's Live. Here are some pictures: 

Spoiler:

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:40 pm

G36C

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/MrRamcoy
I think it's not a new guitar...
judging from the picture, it looks like an American Standart Stratocaster 3 tone sunburst 2002/03
or below 2007

.happy.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
i know.. but when i found this pic there was a title that this is new...

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
@Mami♥:
I've merged your "Mami's Guitar" topic to this gear thread.
Better off posting here so that others can comment and I can keep track of any new information.
As a reminder, any of Mami's gear related stuff (instruments, amps, etc.) should be posted here instead.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:28 pm

ninjacake

ninjacake

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hmmm I knew MAMI's guitar design looked familiar; http://pilpls.deviantart.com/art/Abstract-69150409 anyone think she has DA account? If so I really want to check out her drawings .happy. hahaha

WHAT THE HEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! .punches.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Guys good news, I started conversation directly to the boss of these FitEar Custom in Ear Monitor, Named Keita Suyama

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Keita_10

and that's how you got information from the source directly

Note: Moderator Lexian please see this post and update the information of the gear

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:12 pm

coronerammerung

coronerammerung

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Very interesting topic, thank you!
I've got BOSS Chromatic Tuner myself - an irreplaceable thing!
Looking forward to hear VOX Wah-Wah tomorrow .clap.

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Tumblr11
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hey guys, my copy of the SCANDAL MAMI/ROCK STUDY GO!! arrived today.

The first few pages have got the guitars she currently uses, and without trying to be too anally retentive, I'll mention the names of two of her guitars described by the magazine (these guitars are already listed by Lexian above). I know, tomayto, tomahto.

Her "Stratomaster" is documented as a Squier by Fender Stratomaster MAMI Model Strat HSS. Please don't ask me why they call it a Strat with that offset body. Tongue

And interestingly, her sunburst Strat that she used recently on the SCANDAL Live House tour in spring 2013 is a Custom Shop Stratocaster, and not just a Standard Strat.

Here are scans from the magazine:

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Mami01SH_zps176691c9

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Mami02aSH_zps6eee1339

Another thing, though. The magazine described her 'sticker' Strat as an FSR (Fender Special Run - "...specially commissioned by individual dealers and built to their specifications. As they aren't regular production models, FSR instruments and amps aren't generally available to every dealer, and Fender seldom provide specs or listings for them on its website." - Fender.com) American Deluxe Strat.  Hmm.

Here's the FSR caption together with two other guitars, her acoustic Yamaha and the CANTA Guitar:

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Mami02bSH_zps6cf3de54

Last edited by maharizm on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Scanned photos to replace the bad iPhone ones!)

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:20 am

bouvip

bouvip

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't know if this adds anything new, but here's Mami's section in the Queens Are Trump Band Score.

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 ZOp39HH

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 am

alrick13

alrick13

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
maharizm wrote:Her "Stratomaster" is documented as a Squier by Fender Stratomaster MAMI Model Strat HSS. Please don't ask me why they call it a Strat with that offset body. Tongue
They're probably just shortening "Stratomaster".

But there are a couple odd things about that guitar in this magazine. First, the guitar she is holding in the gallery section is not the same guitar she usually plays!

It has a full Jazzmaster decal on the headstock, a regular Jazzmaster bridge, and no foam behind the bridge.

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 20131011

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 20131012

Am I late to this party, and do people already know something I don't? Does she say anything about this in the interview? I can't read Japanese so the answer might be staring me right in the face. Is the one she's holding a production Mami model? Did Squier build another one just for use in these photos (for marketing)? Or does she just have two of these?

The second one (the gallery version) seems to be based on a Squier VM Jazzmaster but with her own pickup config and of course color scheme.

And interestingly, her sunburst Strat that she used recently on the SCANDAL Live House tour in spring 2013 is a Custom Shop Stratocaster, and not just a Standard Strat.
That jumped out at me too - I don't really understand why she'd order a sunburst American Strat from the custom shop. Is there anything special about it, to those who can read Japanese? It looks like a pretty standard config to me.

One last thing I didn't see pointed out is that her original Jazzmaster definitely *is* a Classic Player. I was not sure about that before and the main page here says it's either American or CP, but it is definitely a CP. The bridge is an adjust-o-matic and the tremolo is in the spot it's at on the CP's.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
spacecadet wrote:But there are a couple odd things about that guitar in this magazine. First, the guitar she is holding in the gallery section is not the same guitar she usually plays!

It has a full Jazzmaster decal on the headstock, a regular Jazzmaster bridge, and no foam behind the bridge.
I didn't notice that. Great work, Sherlock! Probably I defo now think she does have two of them Stratomasters.

Like you, I'd like it if some kind soul can translate the text! If only there's an iPhone app that can scan text and translate...

Last edited by maharizm on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I just received my copy and i gonna take a look tomorrow. I'll try to provide you a translation but I'm not really comfortable when it's a text.... too much kanji Onion XD

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:27 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:
maharizm wrote:Her "Stratomaster" is documented as a Squier by Fender Stratomaster MAMI Model Strat HSS. Please don't ask me why they call it a Strat with that offset body. Tongue

But there are a couple odd things about that guitar in this magazine. First, the guitar she is holding in the gallery section is not the same guitar she usually plays!

Am I late to this party, and do people already know something I don't? Does she say anything about this in the interview? I can't read Japanese so the answer might be staring me right in the face. Is the one she's holding a production Mami model? Did Squier build another one just for use in these photos (for marketing)? Or does she just have two of these?

The second one (the gallery version) seems to be based on a Squier VM Jazzmaster but with her own pickup config and of course color scheme.
A close look at the picture posted by Nausicaa1201 will see that is the second one displayed in Scandal Shop (not the actual instrument she bring on tage) https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t9054-where-to-purchase-scandal-goods-within-japan.
The bridge mini humbucker is also a different model. It is good for them to have Fender/Squire build custom guitars as back up for their coming hall tour.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oooooooh, I didn't see that thread before. That's kinda lame for those going to that store that they just have/had replicas there, although now I guess you can say Mami at least posed with this guitar once.

I still wonder why they're differently configured. I have a feeling hers is really custom and the one at the shop is just a VM with a decal on the body and a different pickguard to accommodate the pickup config and switch. But otherwise the one she's posing with looks like it's probably just an Olympic White VMJM.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:I still wonder why they're differently configured. I have a feeling hers is really custom and the one at the shop is just a VM with a decal on the body and a different pickguard to accommodate the pickup config and switch.  But otherwise the one she's posing with looks like it's probably just an Olympic White VMJM.
Ah! What you think is probably right! Someone just modify an off-the-shelf Squire to look like the custom instrument for shop display and shooting purpose.
One more thing I noticed is that all their (actual) guitars are fitted with Schaller strap locks. You know what i mean?
There was funny talk that their Roadie Motchy sometimes put on the straps to have the Fender logo upside down. haha!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
SophieLam wrote:
spacecadet wrote:

A close look at the picture posted by Nausicaa1201 will see that is the second one displayed in Scandal Shop (not the actual instrument she bring on tage) https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t9054-where-to-purchase-scandal-goods-within-japan.
The bridge mini humbucker is also a different model. It is good for them to have Fender/Squire build custom guitars as back up for their coming hall tour.
Ok so I read the small part about her "stratomaster" and now I know why !!

So it is said that about the pattern, it's an original pattern made by Mami which represent a falling star.
Then it's called "Stratomaster" because it's a mix of Stratcaster and Jazzmaster. Body, bridge, tune-o-matic, tremolo unit of a Jazzmaster and, neck and middle pickups of a Stratomaster. So it's an hybrid between a Strat and a Jazzmaster.
The bridge pickup is a hambucker one but with a single coil size (Seymour duncan)

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:28 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SophieLam wrote:One more thing I noticed is that all their (actual) guitars are fitted with Schaller strap locks. You know what i mean?
There was funny talk that their Roadie Motchy sometimes put on the straps to have the Fender logo upside down. haha!
I have noticed both of those things also. Well, they need strap locks for the amount they move around on stage - I have actually seen guitarists have their straps come off on stage, and of course it always happens at the worst moment (because it's when you're jumping or running that it's most likely to happen). And I've often wondered about the straps being upside down... can't they feel that? I mean those straps are not symmetrical - they've got the folded over end in front and the loop or whatever you call it right around the shoulder area. I'd feel very weird playing with a strap like that. But I guess not all guitarists are so picky.

babaloued: thanks for translating! I guess the explanation of the name we pretty much knew already, but I didn't know what the paint design was supposed to represent.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Blue_Butterflies

Blue_Butterflies

Caless Student
Caless Student
You know after reading all this, I've realized that MAMI's really good at customizing her guitars. .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:08 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Blue_Butterflies wrote:You know after reading all this, I've realized that MAMI's really good at customizing her guitars. .clap.
I'm sure she has techs that do it for her, she just tells them what she wants.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:54 am

MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I really like how much Mami customizes her guitars ^-^ I think it shows she must really enjoy playing guitars, and must actually like guitars....happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:13 am

bagusgigih

bagusgigih

Caless Student
Caless Student
MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 Copy_o15 THE MAMI IBANEZ SERIES COSTUME FROM INDONESIA

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
@bagusgigih:
As awesome as that custom job on that guitar looks, I don't think its really relevant to this topic.
Might wanna head on over to the Members Creations area.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:43 pm

~SkyDarks

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MamiSoul wrote:I really like how much Mami customizes her guitars ^-^ I think it shows she must really enjoy playing guitars, and must actually like guitars....happy.
Yeah :I I don't like standard guitars, or simple guitars, I always liked guitars that shows your personality, I love guitars that are unique, and people can recognize you by the guitar and vice versa...

Also, I like her style, It's so... abstract, I like it! :3

MAMI'S GEAR - Page 2 HDaPm8d
"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:55 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I'm going to make the pattern of the Mami model guitar for new year so wanted to do some modification on my guitar in the same time. I didn't find out on this thread but who knows what kind of bridge PU does Mami use ? I know it's an HB but from fender ? Seymour Duncan ?

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next