MAMI'S GEAR [Page 2 of 6]

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm


Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Guys good news, I started conversation directly to the boss of these FitEar Custom in Ear Monitor, Named Keita Suyama



and that's how you got information from the source directly

Note: Moderator Lexian please see this post and update the information of the gear

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:12 pm


coronerammerung

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Very interesting topic, thank you!
I've got BOSS Chromatic Tuner myself - an irreplaceable thing!
Looking forward to hear VOX Wah-Wah tomorrow Clap


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm


kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hey guys, my copy of the SCANDAL MAMI/ROCK STUDY GO!! arrived today.

The first few pages have got the guitars she currently uses, and without trying to be too anally retentive, I'll mention the names of two of her guitars described by the magazine (these guitars are already listed by Lexian above). I know, tomayto, tomahto.

Her "Stratomaster" is documented as a Squier by Fender Stratomaster MAMI Model Strat HSS. Please don't ask me why they call it a Strat with that offset body. Tongue

And interestingly, her sunburst Strat that she used recently on the SCANDAL Live House tour in spring 2013 is a Custom Shop Stratocaster, and not just a Standard Strat.

Here are scans from the magazine:





Another thing, though. The magazine described her 'sticker' Strat as an FSR (Fender Special Run - "...specially commissioned by individual dealers and built to their specifications. As they aren't regular production models, FSR instruments and amps aren't generally available to every dealer, and Fender seldom provide specs or listings for them on its website." - Fender.com) American Deluxe Strat.  Hmm.

Here's the FSR caption together with two other guitars, her acoustic Yamaha and the CANTA Guitar:



Last edited by maharizm on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Scanned photos to replace the bad iPhone ones!)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16/3/2013 *SCAPE Warehouse | SINGAPORE
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
12/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本
13/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:20 am


bouvip

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't know if this adds anything new, but here's Mami's section in the Queens Are Trump Band Score.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 am


alrick13

Moderator
Moderator



source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm


spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
maharizm wrote:Her "Stratomaster" is documented as a Squier by Fender Stratomaster MAMI Model Strat HSS. Please don't ask me why they call it a Strat with that offset body. Tongue
They're probably just shortening "Stratomaster".

But there are a couple odd things about that guitar in this magazine. First, the guitar she is holding in the gallery section is not the same guitar she usually plays!

It has a full Jazzmaster decal on the headstock, a regular Jazzmaster bridge, and no foam behind the bridge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Am I late to this party, and do people already know something I don't? Does she say anything about this in the interview? I can't read Japanese so the answer might be staring me right in the face. Is the one she's holding a production Mami model? Did Squier build another one just for use in these photos (for marketing)? Or does she just have two of these?

The second one (the gallery version) seems to be based on a Squier VM Jazzmaster but with her own pickup config and of course color scheme.

And interestingly, her sunburst Strat that she used recently on the SCANDAL Live House tour in spring 2013 is a Custom Shop Stratocaster, and not just a Standard Strat.
That jumped out at me too - I don't really understand why she'd order a sunburst American Strat from the custom shop. Is there anything special about it, to those who can read Japanese? It looks like a pretty standard config to me.

One last thing I didn't see pointed out is that her original Jazzmaster definitely *is* a Classic Player. I was not sure about that before and the main page here says it's either American or CP, but it is definitely a CP. The bridge is an adjust-o-matic and the tremolo is in the spot it's at on the CP's.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm


kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
spacecadet wrote:But there are a couple odd things about that guitar in this magazine. First, the guitar she is holding in the gallery section is not the same guitar she usually plays!

It has a full Jazzmaster decal on the headstock, a regular Jazzmaster bridge, and no foam behind the bridge.
I didn't notice that. Great work, Sherlock! Probably I defo now think she does have two of them Stratomasters.

Like you, I'd like it if some kind soul can translate the text! If only there's an iPhone app that can scan text and translate...



Last edited by maharizm on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16/3/2013 *SCAPE Warehouse | SINGAPORE
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
12/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本
13/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 pm


babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I just received my copy and i gonna take a look tomorrow. I'll try to provide you a translation but I'm not really comfortable when it's a text.... too much kanji Onion XD


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 SCANDAL live 
 
2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live!
15 are still not enough !
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:27 am


Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:
maharizm wrote:Her "Stratomaster" is documented as a Squier by Fender Stratomaster MAMI Model Strat HSS. Please don't ask me why they call it a Strat with that offset body. Tongue
They're probably just shortening "Stratomaster".

But there are a couple odd things about that guitar in this magazine. First, the guitar she is holding in the gallery section is not the same guitar she usually plays!

It has a full Jazzmaster decal on the headstock, a regular Jazzmaster bridge, and no foam behind the bridge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Am I late to this party, and do people already know something I don't? Does she say anything about this in the interview? I can't read Japanese so the answer might be staring me right in the face. Is the one she's holding a production Mami model? Did Squier build another one just for use in these photos (for marketing)? Or does she just have two of these?

The second one (the gallery version) seems to be based on a Squier VM Jazzmaster but with her own pickup config and of course color scheme.
A close look at the picture posted by Nausicaa1201 will see that is the second one displayed in Scandal Shop (not the actual instrument she bring on tage) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The bridge mini humbucker is also a different model. It is good for them to have Fender/Squire build custom guitars as back up for their coming hall tour.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 am


spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Oooooooh, I didn't see that thread before. That's kinda lame for those going to that store that they just have/had replicas there, although now I guess you can say Mami at least posed with this guitar once.

I still wonder why they're differently configured. I have a feeling hers is really custom and the one at the shop is just a VM with a decal on the body and a different pickguard to accommodate the pickup config and switch. But otherwise the one she's posing with looks like it's probably just an Olympic White VMJM.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm


Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:I still wonder why they're differently configured. I have a feeling hers is really custom and the one at the shop is just a VM with a decal on the body and a different pickguard to accommodate the pickup config and switch.  But otherwise the one she's posing with looks like it's probably just an Olympic White VMJM.
Ah! What you think is probably right! Someone just modify an off-the-shelf Squire to look like the custom instrument for shop display and shooting purpose.
One more thing I noticed is that all their (actual) guitars are fitted with Schaller strap locks. You know what i mean?
There was funny talk that their Roadie Motchy sometimes put on the straps to have the Fender logo upside down. haha!

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 pm


babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
SophieLam wrote:
spacecadet wrote:
maharizm wrote:Her "Stratomaster" is documented as a Squier by Fender Stratomaster MAMI Model Strat HSS. Please don't ask me why they call it a Strat with that offset body. Tongue
They're probably just shortening "Stratomaster".

But there are a couple odd things about that guitar in this magazine. First, the guitar she is holding in the gallery section is not the same guitar she usually plays!

It has a full Jazzmaster decal on the headstock, a regular Jazzmaster bridge, and no foam behind the bridge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Am I late to this party, and do people already know something I don't? Does she say anything about this in the interview? I can't read Japanese so the answer might be staring me right in the face. Is the one she's holding a production Mami model? Did Squier build another one just for use in these photos (for marketing)? Or does she just have two of these?

The second one (the gallery version) seems to be based on a Squier VM Jazzmaster but with her own pickup config and of course color scheme.
A close look at the picture posted by Nausicaa1201 will see that is the second one displayed in Scandal Shop (not the actual instrument she bring on tage) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The bridge mini humbucker is also a different model. It is good for them to have Fender/Squire build custom guitars as back up for their coming hall tour.
Ok so I read the small part about her "stratomaster" and now I know why !!

So it is said that about the pattern, it's an original pattern made by Mami which represent a falling star.
Then it's called "Stratomaster" because it's a mix of Stratcaster and Jazzmaster. Body, bridge, tune-o-matic, tremolo unit of a Jazzmaster and, neck and middle pickups of a Stratomaster. So it's an hybrid between a Strat and a Jazzmaster.
The bridge pickup is a hambucker one but with a single coil size (Seymour duncan)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 SCANDAL live 
 
2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live!
15 are still not enough !
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:28 pm


spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
SophieLam wrote:One more thing I noticed is that all their (actual) guitars are fitted with Schaller strap locks. You know what i mean?
There was funny talk that their Roadie Motchy sometimes put on the straps to have the Fender logo upside down. haha!
I have noticed both of those things also. Well, they need strap locks for the amount they move around on stage - I have actually seen guitarists have their straps come off on stage, and of course it always happens at the worst moment (because it's when you're jumping or running that it's most likely to happen). And I've often wondered about the straps being upside down... can't they feel that? I mean those straps are not symmetrical - they've got the folded over end in front and the loop or whatever you call it right around the shoulder area. I'd feel very weird playing with a strap like that. But I guess not all guitarists are so picky.

babaloued: thanks for translating! I guess the explanation of the name we pretty much knew already, but I didn't know what the paint design was supposed to represent.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 pm


Blue_Butterflies

Caless Student
Caless Student
You know after reading all this, I've realized that MAMI's really good at customizing her guitars. Clap


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I don't plan on seeing you... "Take care"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:08 pm


spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Blue_Butterflies wrote:You know after reading all this, I've realized that MAMI's really good at customizing her guitars. Clap
I'm sure she has techs that do it for her, she just tells them what she wants.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:54 am


MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I really like how much Mami customizes her guitars ^-^ I think it shows she must really enjoy playing guitars, and must actually like guitars...Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:13 am


bagusgigih

Caless Student
Caless Student
 THE MAMI IBANEZ SERIES COSTUME FROM INDONESIA

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 am


Lexian

Moderator
Moderator
http://ask.fm/frozentheory
@bagusgigih:
As awesome as that custom job on that guitar looks, I don't think its really relevant to this topic.
Might wanna head on over to the Members Creations area.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:43 pm


~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MamiSoul wrote:I really like how much Mami customizes her guitars ^-^ I think it shows she must really enjoy playing guitars, and must actually like guitars...Happy
Yeah :I I don't like standard guitars, or simple guitars, I always liked guitars that shows your personality, I love guitars that are unique, and people can recognize you by the guitar and vice versa...

Also, I like her style, It's so... abstract, I like it! :3


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:55 pm


babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I'm going to make the pattern of the Mami model guitar for new year so wanted to do some modification on my guitar in the same time. I didn't find out on this thread but who knows what kind of bridge PU does Mami use ? I know it's an HB but from fender ? Seymour Duncan ?


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 SCANDAL live 
 
2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live!
15 are still not enough !
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:36 pm


spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
babaloued wrote:what kind of bridge PU does Mami use ? I know it's an HB but from fender ? Seymour Duncan ?
It's an off-the-shelf American Standard HSS Strat that's just been painted, and I haven't heard of her customizing the pickups, so it should just be the standard Fender humbucker.

This is what that guitar looked like before she had it painted:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's just a standard Fender factory config. She just changed the pickguard and pickup covers to black at the same time she had it painted. (In one of the earliest pics, you can see they hadn't even changed out the white switch tip yet.) Apparently she also had the frets shaved down (I'm not sure if that's true, I think she might have just had a fret dressing). But that's the only non-cosmetic customization I've heard she's done to it.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:00 am


goto

Caless Student
Caless Student
MAMI the sticker girl....

btw i've never seen Mami using White Falcon for another live performance beside at Ontama Carnival 2011.. did i miss some concert where she use her White Falcon?


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:14 pm


spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
goto wrote:btw i've never seen Mami using White Falcon for another live performance beside at Ontama Carnival 2011.. did i miss some concert where she use her White Falcon?
Pretty sure I remember her using it at Budokan. She also used it at Osaka-jo Hall.

I don't remember if I saw her use it on the current tour.

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:55 am


Maxwell2112

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/pourtheband
Hmmm it looks like someone is trying their hands at a Les Paul....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WTF!

Back to top Go down

Re: MAMI'S GEAR
Posted on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:11 am


spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Yeah, that's her new blue Les Paul that she's been using on the Standard tour (the light and photo tint makes it look like a different color, but it's blue)... I imagine Lexian will add that to the main page at some point. Not personally sure which specific model as I'm not as well versed in Gibsons as I am Fenders, but I think it's probably this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's the "Les Paul Traditional" in Chicago Blue. Unless she's said what it is on Twitter or something and I missed it.

Back to top Go down