RINA'S GEAR [Page 1 of 2]

RINA'S GEAR
Posted on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 am

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

RINA (Drums, Percussion, Keyboard, & Vocals)

Currently Using:
Pearl Masters Premium Legend Series
(March 2013 - Present; Nickname: Celine)

Drums
24" x 16" Bass Drum (MPL2416B): 133.350 yen
12" x 8" Tom (MPL1208T): 54.600 yen
16" x 16" Floor Tom (MPL1616F): 77.700 yen
14" x 5" Pearl Reference Series Brass Snare : 95.550 yen
Foot Pedal P-2000C : 23.100 yen
DW 9002 Double Bass Pedal (with reversed beaters)

Cymbals
Sabian HHX Series Groove Hi-Hats (14”)HHX-14TGH, HHX-14BGH: 30. 450 yen
Sabian AAX V-Series Crash cymbal (16”)VL-16CS-B: 33.600 yen
Sabian AAX V-Series Crash cymbal (18”)VL-18CS-B: 37.800 yen
Sabian AA Series Medium Heavy Ride Cymbal (20”) AA-20MHR: 39.900 yen
Sabian AA Series China Cymbal (18”) AA-18C-B: 34.650 yen
Sabian AAX Splash Cymbals (10") AAX-10SP-B: 17.850 yen
Prices taken from Pearl 2013 drums catalogue and Pearl site.

---------------------------------------------

Pearl Masters Premium Maple Series 4-Ply
Pink Glass w/ Rainbow Finish

(March 20/2010 - ~2013; Nickname: Angie)

Specs:

In RINA's blog entry on February 20, 2014, she mentioned the kit that she uses at home.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Drums: Roland TD-15KV V-Drums
Pedals: Pearl P-3002C double pedals
Hi-Hat stand: Pearl H-1000
She also uses Roland NE-1 Noise Eaters at the base of the high-hat stand and Roland NE-10 Noise Eaters under the high-hat stand and kick pad as well. Her drum throne is possibly a Pearl D-1000N. There are 3 different types of D-1000 chairs (based on height), all of which cannot be distinguished by simply looking at them.

During the Fan Meeting event in Hawaii, RINA used a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cajon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sticks
Pearl - Artist Models "Limited" Series: "Scandal Rina"*
-Oak sticks, 14mm x 60mm

TAMA - Oak Sticks 0214P

Drums
Pearl Masters Premium / 22" x 18" Bass Drum (MMP2218BX/C)**
Pearl Masters Premium / 12" x 8" Tom (MMP1208T/C)
Pearl Masters Premium / 16" x 16" Floor Tom (MMP1616F/C)
Pearl Masters Premium / 14" x 5.5" Snare Drum (MMP1455SE)***

Cymbals
SABIAN / HHX series / 14" Groove Hats
SABIAN / Vault series / 16" Crash
SABIAN / AAX series / 10" Splash
SABIAN / AA series / 20" Medium Heavy Ride
SABIAN / Vault series /  18" Crash
SABIAN / AA series / 18" Chinese
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*In her blog entry on 07/31/2011, RINA says that she has started to use her own RINA model sticks with Pearl's grip tape. The specs of these model sticks are unknown, but she claims that they will be "on sale soon."
**In her blog entry for 03/20/2010, Rina says she increased the size of her bass drum to 24" x 18" to give more bass.
***The snare drum has been changed from the default Masters Premium to a blue Masterworks series snare.
Looks like the blue snare has been changed to a Pearl Reference Metal Brass RFB 1450 Brass Snare.
In the past, RINA changed the "SCANDAL" text on the front of the bass drum to the stylized "S" logo.

Guitar
Fender American Vintage '58 Telecaster
Used during the Japan performances of the HELLO WORLD tour from January 2015.
Specs:

Body shape: Single cutaway
Body type: Solid body
Body material: Solid wood
Top wood: Not applicable
Body wood: Ash
Body finish: Gloss
Orientation: Right handed

Neck shape: D standard
Neck wood: Maple
Joint: Bolt-on
Scale length: 25.5"
Truss rod: Standard
Neck finish: Gloss

Material: Maple
Radius: 7.25"
Fret size: Medium
Number of frets: 21
Inlays: Dot
Nut width: 1.65" (42mm)

Configuration: SS
Neck: American vintage '58 Tele
Middle: Not applicable
Bridge: American vintage '58 Tele
Brand: Fender
Active or passive: Passive
Series or parallel: Series
Piezo: No
Active EQ: No
Special electronics: None

Control layout: Master volume, tone
Pickup switch: 3-way
Coil tap or split: No
Kill switch: No
Hardware
Bridge type: Fixed
Bridge design: 3-saddle vintage-style
Tailpiece: Not applicable
Tuning machines: Deluxe sealed
Color: Chrome

Keyboard
In the TEMPTATION BOX Tour DVD, RINA is seen playing a keyboard solo for during the band's "Shoujo M" performance. This keyboard is a Roland Juno-D.

After the tour, RINA bought a Roland Juno-Gi.

For the recording of "Kill the virgin," RINA used the Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 synthesizer.

For the live performance of the same song, she used the Roland Juno-G and was wearing Shure SRH440 as monitoring headphones.

Drums used in the past:
Click here for rarely used gear:

YAMAHA - Electric Drums (unspecified)

YAMAHA - Rock'n Road Series

Pearl - Masterworks Series
Pedals, amps, accessories, other gear, etc.
Analog Mixer:
Behringer / XENYX 502

In-Ear Monitors:
Mainly FitEar ProAudio 334. ProAudio 222 is chosen depending on the size of the ear canal.

Designed by Nakayama Chieko.
RINA has 2 custom in-ear monitors from FitEar. One with hearts and another with flowers.

RINA's First Custom Artwork Monitor used in Budokan:

As always, please keep forum rules in mind and direct any non-RINA gear talk to the other topics. Thanks. Happy

Last edited by Lexian on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:07 am; edited 10 times in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: RINA'S GEAR
Posted on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Who is Nakayama Chieko by the way?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:03 am

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
^ She's a nail artist..http://ameblo.jp/fivestarnails/entry-11475618089.html

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Guys good news, I started conversation directly to the boss of these FitEar Custom in Ear Monitor, Named Keita Suyama

and that's how you got information from the source directly

Note: Moderator Lexian please see this post and update the information of the gear

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have Rina's Drumstick from my friend last week. But he didn't tell me where did he buy it. Anyone know where I can get the Drumstick? And, what type of Yamaha Electric drums that Rina used?

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Pictures from this month's Rhythm & Drums magazine
Posted on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:01 am

NAMIEis#1

Caless Student
Caless Student
Pictures from this month's Rhythm & Drums magazine

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:33 am

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I've been wanting to see Rina's drums but couldn't ever find a good picture... Thanks Ho Onion  Rina's earpiece is very nice and suits her well UHUH!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Makkuro

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://bucktickmusic.forumotion.com
I heard somwhere around SH that she got a double pedal?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“It must be an illusion? Isn’t it pathetic? Tell me!”
“Is it a lie? Is it the truth? It doesn’t matter to me”
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:48 pm

Lexian

@Makkuro:
I think someone mentioned that in one of the other instrument threads?
I haven't seen anything official though.

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:51 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Makkuro wrote:I heard somwhere around SH that she got a double pedal?

Well in a few blog and twitter photos, her drum kit does show the double pedals. I'm not know what Lexian means by "official", because I think her taking photos and posting it is enough to justify that she does have them.

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:54 am

Lexian

@bleachnlife: Yeah, that's pretty much what I was looking for. I haven't followed their twitters or blogs as much so I've probably missed those pics.

Update: Found a photo. Anyone know the specs?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:23 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lexian wrote:@bleachnlife: Yeah, that's pretty much what I was looking for. I haven't followed their twitters or blogs as much so I've probably missed those pics.

Update: Found a photo. Anyone know the specs?

Her new bass drum pedals are DW 9002,
or the website:

It seems that RINA reversed the beaters.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Makkuro

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
raynsity wrote:It seems that RINA reversed the beaters.

What do you mean? :3

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Lexian

@Makkuro: Even if you just compare the pedals from the video thumbnail to the photo that Rina took, you can see that in the video the black part of the beater is facing the drummer, whereas Rina's pedals have the white part facing her and having the black part actually beating the bass drum.

Hope that made sense :S

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Makkuro

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Lexian wrote:@Makkuro: Even if you just compare the pedals from the video thumbnail to the photo that Rina took, you can see that in the video the black part of the beater is facing the drummer, whereas Rina's pedals have the white part facing her and having the black part actually beating the bass drum.

It certainly made sense, thank you. Funny enough, I play drums and I didn't notice that   Stars
Why would she do that though? Better/different sound?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:43 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Makkuro wrote:
Lexian wrote:@Makkuro: Even if you just compare the pedals from the video thumbnail to the photo that Rina took, you can see that in the video the black part of the beater is facing the drummer, whereas Rina's pedals have the white part facing her and having the black part actually beating the bass drum.

It certainly made sense, thank you. Funny enough, I play drums and I didn't notice that   Stars
Why would she do that though? Better/different sound?
The white side is made of felt for a warmer and rounded tone, while the black one is made of hard plastic for more attack and punch. So, yes it does produce different sounds.  IMO, for SCANDAL's type of music the plastic beater does fit better.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:54 am

ironmica

Caless Student
Caless Student
WHOAAHH double pedal!  LOVE Has Rina ever used double pedal in any SCANDAL songs? If she did can you tell me what song it is?

Hey boy, hey girl

We are connected quickly by the music ♪ ♫ ♪
Smile  Smile
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:02 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ironmica wrote:WHOAAHH double pedal!  LOVE Has Rina ever used double pedal in any SCANDAL songs? If she did can you tell me what song it is?
She doesn't use it that much. In the album of STANDARD she used it at the end of Orange Juice and for doing some triplets in Metronome. In lives, usually she uses it for fills at the end of songs.

Last edited by raynsity on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:51 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ I thought Rina mentioned that she only got those double pedals just when the STANDARD hall tour began?

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:^^ I thought Rina mentioned that she only got those double pedals just when the STANDARD hall tour began?
I'm pretty sure she only talked about having her drum set changed for the STANDARD Tour with an additional snare drum and twin pedals. I might be wrong though.
Anyway, playing bass with your left foot feels very different from playing the hi-hat pedal and you will need a certain period of time to get used to it. It would be too risky if she haven't trained before.
 If it were true that she got those double pedals just when the SCANDAL hall tour began, then I assume what she meant was about getting that particular type of pedals while she recorded Orange Juice and Metronome with another type.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ Mmmhh; I see what you mean. I just interpreted it as the fact that she got an additional piccolo snare and double pedals that were both new to her. Who knows though, like you said, maybe the bass in Orange Juice and Metronome helped her experiment and get used to the feeling of it.

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:^^ Mmmhh; I see what you mean. I just interpreted it as the fact that she got an additional piccolo snare and double pedals that were both new to her. Who knows though, like you said, maybe the bass in Orange Juice and Metronome helped her experiment and get used to the feeling of it.
I think it was in March 2013 when someone in Twitter asked her about using double pedals and Rina simply replied that she doesn't need it. Evil Grin  Even if she said that, she probably got curious and decided to try playing them. Just like how she bought a Cajon, it wouldn't be impossible if she also bought double pedals to practice on.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:57 am

Lexian

New snare and bass drum for Rina?  Smug 

From Pearl Drum's Japanese twitter account:

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:06 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lexian wrote:New snare and bass drum for Rina?  Smug 

From Pearl Drum's Japanese twitter account:

Nope, those two drums are exactly the same drums she's been using since Osaka Jo-Hall.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:09 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
raynsity's correct. The tweets just talk about how whoever runs the Pearl Twitter went to the SCANDAL MANIA members only tour in Tokyo, and they noticed that day that RINA was using her white Pearl Masters Premium Legend set that she debuted at Wonderful Tonight.

"Today we're at Shibuya's CLUB QUATTRO! RINA-chan is the drummer of SCANDAL! A MANIA-only live! Set up on stage is her Masters Premium Legend set!"

"This is the main snare RINA-chan is using today! It's a Reference Brass 14x5 incher with a Remo Coated Ambassador attached to it!!"

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL