Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:27 am

lolo-kun

lolo-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow, all these new pieces of information and reactions about their new album makes me feel even more impatient !

And like some of you, I am more than happy to find in the tracklist songs written by the girls, and especially by MAMI. I really hope I'm gonna love STANDARD and Hachigatsu (I'm also hoping for rock songs ^__^).

I guess it's a matter of personal opinion, but for me, a band is complete when the members write most if not all the material they release. I already love SCANDAL and the majority of their songs, but seeing the band create their songs from their experiences, their inspirations, their emotions, it would mean seeing what SCANDAL truly is, what the girls truly have inside themselves.

Maybe listening to a SCANDAL album entirely written by the girls will not happen very soon, but they are still very young, getting more and more experienced, and I'm ready to believe one day they will have enough confidence and will to choose their own musical direction, all by themselves.

By the way, is there a special section on SCANDAL-HEAVEN where one can find the credits (lyrics and music) for all the SCANDAL songs ?

Back to the new album, Metronome does not seem to have lyrics information. Could this mean that this is an instrumental track ? That would be awesome 'cause I love instrumental rock (big big Joe Satriani fan here ^^).

And I love their style on the album covers ! They look great in these white suits. And it's funny how, on the first promotion photo (not feature on the album covers), their clothes and pose fit some traits of their personality:
- RINA: classy and sexy with the pants and the high heels (and fantastic straight hair!)
- HARUNA: looking like a boss with her killer look in her jacket and big shoes
- TOMOMI: a little dreamy, wearing a hat as she seems to often do, an artsy look I would say
- MAMI: quite a laid-back look with her trademark baggy pants, converse-like shoes and loose shirt. And of course her beautiful blue hair which completes a truly original look fitting her free-spirited personality.

Do you also think this picture fits their personality ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:03 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm glad that the members wrote for a lot of the song on this album. It really makes the album theirs. Mami wrote a lot of the songs, and Tomo wrote less than I thought she would. I'm glad that Haruna wrote something, especially with Mami. 

Now, I know some people want to have a full album written only by SCANDAL, but it may be hard for them to do so, with the type of band they are. For example, UNLIMITS is releases songs written only by them, (minus one contribution to a cover album) but they only release each year. They release mini-albums, and then they have a full album with a few new songs. You can look them up for more info. They're an amazing band, but their releases are so far apart, sometimes people forget about them. They spend the rest of their time touring, but even still, writing music is hard, and in some ways, it can get redundant (people with really goo ears will notice this). 

SCANDAL is a pop-rock kind of band, and they've been used for more than one anime, while UNLIMITS (a punk/rock band) has been used for Naruto and Bleach. Certain bands are exposed to different people, so they'll release songs much differently. At least SCANDAL writes some of their songs, and they don't leave it up to other people completely. 

Anyways, the point is, I hope this album is the new standard for SCANDAL, because if it is, then the band will grow much higher on my favorite band list (if it can;they're already tied for #1 with UNLIMITS). Thanks for the information.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:27 am

skywing-SM

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, I'm not that troubled when they don't write themselves, but this is very welcomed .clap. really looking forward for this album. (Especially since I missed 'Kagen' and 'Awanai' singles)
I'm starting to think that they're really actively observing this forum. Some people once voiced that they wanted SCANDAL to write more, and then... poof! We have the album 'STANDARD'

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 7 Sca_si11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:59 pm

TimmyBT

TimmyBT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/Telmenator9
I found it from CDJapan. It's Limited T-Shirt Edition cover.
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 7 ESCL-4105

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

i saw the cover for the t shirt edition. curious now. hehe the tshirt design must be awesome, well i'll wait for the design of the shirt.

omg.......Standard, i saw that and that seems like an awesome song just from lyrics and composition. i'm curious to how it sounds. why can't october come faster.....need to listen to the new tracks already.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 7 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 7 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:33 pm

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My favorite album cover is the LE+DVD version, but since I really want to have a Scandal shirt, I ended up pre-ordering the LE+t-shirt edition. 

About the girls contributing to their songs... Well, I discovered Scandal because of Bleach, and I started following them. It didn't (and still doesn't) bother me that they entrust their songs to other people. As long as they have good music and they still have their own distinct sound, Scandal is still Scandal. 
Scandal is still a young group, and with more experiences, I'm sure that they will be able to release more self-composed songs in the future. This new album, I believe, will reflect how much they have grown over the years. Isn't it nice to see how your favorite band develop as musicians?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:44 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Is that really the CD cover the t-shirt edition? It's really simple but classy Happy

But honestly I would be disappointed if I took that edition, just 2 words, no sign of our girls Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:05 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^Yep, I agree with that. If that's it for the t-shirt edition, that's really, really bland. I'm guessing the actual t-shirt's gonna make up for it though... 

@lolo-kun. You can check out the lyrics section of the forum where in most threads, the lyricist/composer/arranger is written on the top. Happy https://www.scandal-heaven.com/f8-scandal-lyrics

I'd also like an instrumental track, but one that goes for 4 minutes is quite long... haha.

Does anybody know why some details of some songs are missing? Like Weather Report only as lyrics and no composition and arrangement... Weird.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:37 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I would really like a long rock instrumental song from them! They could play it (or a short version) as an intro into another song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:42 am

lolo-kun

lolo-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
ichiruki! wrote:^^Yep, I agree with that. If that's it for the t-shirt edition, that's really, really bland. I'm guessing the actual t-shirt's gonna make up for it though... 

@lolo-kun. You can check out the lyrics section of the forum where in most threads, the lyricist/composer/arranger is written on the top. Happy https://www.scandal-heaven.com/f8-scandal-lyrics

I'd also like an instrumental track, but one that goes for 4 minutes is quite long... haha.

Does anybody know why some details of some songs are missing? Like Weather Report only as lyrics and no composition and arrangement... Weird.
Thanks a lot ichiruki! I'm gonna read these threads carefully :-)
Being a Pink Floyd fan, I really don't mind a 30 minutes-long instrumental track, actually I love it :-D
About the missing songs info, I believe this is classified information Glasses Onion 

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:I would really like a long rock instrumental song from them! They could play it (or a short version) as an intro into another song.
That would be an awesome idea ! And that would bring some freshness and originality to their live shows. Just like when they played 'Kill the virgin' at Rock in Japan 2013, with Rina on keyboards and Haruna on the electronic thingy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:22 am

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
like everyone else, I feel great to write and compose their songs
I hope to see in the future a full album 100% Scandal

no one knows when we will see the design of the T-shirt?

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:27 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hey guys, I jus find that update on yesasia about the deluxe edition:

"The evolution of Scandal continues with their fifth full-length album! STANDARD features a total of 12 songs form the Osaka-based girl band, including the singles Awanai tsumori no, Genki de ne, Kagen no Tsuki and OVER DRIVE.
This edition comes with a t-shirt designed by the band. It also includes Standard as a bonus track."

The song Standard is not contained as part of the album but as an extra...Did I miss something? I thought it would be an essential song for the album so that it won't be considered as an extra since it is also the name of the album, it is quite unusual since the people who are going to buy the regular "Standard" album won't have the "Standard" song...^_^"

Last edited by Yuffie on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:33 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Hum... While it's true the track is listed as #13 an last, It can't be...

Could you seriously leave that song out when you give your album the same name?!! Very unlikely.

Also, When i pre-ordered on CDJapan, the DVD edition had the tracklist and there was 13 songs, not 12. : http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ESCL-4107

So this must be a mistake or a bad translation, I can't see that happening and would not be happy if this is the case!

Last edited by HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I just edited my message, there is only 12 tracks on the regular edition...-.-"

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:38 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
13 tracks on CDJapan even for the regular Edition : http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ESCL-4109

Wouldn't make any sense at all to have that track as a bonus. If you want a bonus track just take another, not the same track that you name your album after.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:45 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My, I am at a loss!.stars.  On yesasia it is twelve tracks for the regular edition:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/standard-normal-edition-japan-version/1033865401-0-0-0-en/info.html

Guess we have to wait and see to clear it up that!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:52 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
So their "Standard" edition of STANDARD doesn't have the STANDARD song. Interesting .hmmm.

What about other sites selling the CD? I just know CDJapan sorry.

Maybe someone will have the answer but honestly I have no idea why you would make that and it looks like an error.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:55 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I am guessing like you that is probably a mistake, I look on HMV Japan and it stills 13 tracks so I don't know what to think about that anymore because it doesn't make sense as you pointed out!^_^"

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:08 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Guys, those are all mistakes lol. On Sony Music Japan's official site, the 13th track "STANDARD" is being listed as being on every single edition, AKA the CD track list for every edition is exactly the same.

Regular: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/scandal/discography/ESCL-4109
CD+DVD: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/scandal/discography/ESCL-4107
T-shirt: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/scandal/discography/ESCL-4105

As for why some of the songs don't have the complete credits listed yet, it's not that the info is secret. This always happens and they just don't list all of the info before the CD is out.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 7 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@thoseguilyeyes:
Thank you for the clarification, I will be more careful with that kind of stuff in the future!^_^"

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:18 am

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I want to order the DVD edition, but I'm not sure if it comes with the same external bonus as the regular edition...

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed that they don't have a photobook edition Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@Uldred: External bonus? Those don't come with albums. External bonuses are usually things like ad posters, and they've never offered those posters with the albums the same way they do with the singles.

Maybe you mean first press bonus? Then no, the limited editions never come with the first press bonus. The first press bonus for STANDARD is a randomly selected sticker out of 4 kinds, and that's for the regular edition only.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:@Uldred: External bonus? Those don't come with albums. External bonuses are usually things like ad posters, and they've never offered those posters with the albums the same way they do with the singles.

Maybe you mean first press bonus? Then no, the limited editions never come with the first press bonus. The first press bonus for STANDARD is a randomly selected sticker out of 4 kinds, and that's for the regular edition only.
I mean how with QaT I got the folder even though I ordered the limited edition.

That was one of the external bonuses right? Or was that the first press bonus?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Ah, that. That was actually something completely different and was not a first press nor an external bonus at all. That was a lottery in which, if you ordered any copies of QAT, you could either randomly win a pack of playing cards, a clear file, or just a sticker.

They might have something like that this time for STANDARD. We'll just have to wait and see if they do do it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Ah, that. That was actually something completely different and was not a first press nor an external bonus at all. That was a lottery in which you could either randomly win a pack of playing cards, a clear file, or just a sticker.

They might have something like that this time for STANDARD. We'll just have to wait and see if they do do it.
Ah, I thought that was the external or first press bonus.

I guess I'll just place my order for the DVD edition, thanks Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.