Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:49 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Having been listening to the previews, they all sound really interesting. The ones that stand out a bit more for me would be Orange juice, Metronome (this was a surprise since I didn't expect a song named after such an idle, kinda boring thing to be so upbeat and rockin' lol), and Namida yo Hikare .clap. 

But aahhhhh I wanna hear them all so much alreadyyyyyy TuT

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:57 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Wow! That's a lot of commemoration plans. .wow.  Well, more marketing strategies, the better. I'm not expecting too much, but how I wish STANDARD will place #1 even for just a day.

I really like Metronome and Namida yo Hikare from the previews! Or maybe I was so amused by Tomo imitating how Haru will sing Metronome. Yep, I'm expecting a lot of light rock/pop rock from this album, from the previews. But then again, their songs are very dynamic, so some surprises may come along.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:10 pm

jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23

Caless Student
Caless Student
well, i listen to "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" :3 sounds cool
especially in Haruna's Part , that's epicccccc!!!!
her voice makes me feel warm

hmmm..now i'm waiting for their new album . i expect some rock songs,more heavier songs from SCANDAL in this ALBUM.
Today , i listen to Nanka Buttobase again,hope their newest songs from this album 'll like this..
.whistle.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 SI6wMT3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:07 pm

TimmyBT

TimmyBT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/Telmenator9
Looking forward this album to release...previews are awesome. That Namida yo Hikare, Hachigatsu,Weather report and Metronome. Aaagh can't wait~~~!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:16 pm

cherrychan

Caless Student
Caless Student
waiting for the song Koi no Gestalt Houkai.love.

guys, there is an interview about the new album?

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double posts. Next time, edit your first post to add something)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:58 am

jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23

Caless Student
Caless Student
can someone give me a link to listen those preview of the songs like : Hachigatsu,Metronome..
thank u  .smile.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 SI6wMT3
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:30 am

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
.hi.  ok i haven't been on the forum for more than 2 years so i might be a little out of place, but i just wanna ask about the B2 poster on CDJapan. are all the posters the same or are they different ? i have read through this whole topic and i see that others are saying that the LE+tshirt is sold out which is not since i can still add that to my cart. anyways all the versions are actually still available to purchase on CDJ.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 Rina091212-7
“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:36 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@akuma_tsubasa: There's only one poster that comes with all of the editions. It looks like this:

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 YQzUMXs

And the t-shirt edition was sold out on CDJ a few weeks ago, but they have obviously since been restocked and are still available right now.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 am

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@thoseguiltyeyes: wow thanks so the quick response haha i was just about to log out too .hail. ok i see thanks very much for the information but i wanna ask another question, like for the all the versions on HMV Japan are they still available? like the tshirt one and the random sticker one and the eco bag one. it looks like they are but i'm not sure of the special contents are still available

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 Rina091212-7
“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:54 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Uh, firstly, I think you might be a bit confused about the editions. There are 3 editions: regular, DVD, t-shirt. The eco bags and stickers are not editions; they're both first press items. The eco bags are exclusive to the 4 usual stores (Tower, HMV, TSUTAYA, Shinseido), and they come with every edition while supplies last. The sticker is only included in the first press regular edition (available at pretty much any store/site that sells the RE), also while supplies last.

That said, if you check HMV's site, you can see that the first presses are sold out of the regular and t-shirt editions (meaning that the bags are sold out for both editions & the sticker that comes in the regular edition is sold out too), but the bag is still available for the DVD edition.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:00 am

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ahh i knew it, i just want to make sure, anyways thanks so much for the help, appreciated it. Nice one  

----edit-----
anyways aside from that i just purchased all three versions. .clap.  can't wait to get it .dance. got the le+tshirt and regular first press version at CDJ (comes with the b2 poster as well) and the le+dvd with the tote on HMV..hora.  i hope  it'll turn out good .upwalk. it better be haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:00 am

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have been a fan of Scandal since 2009, loved every album, Especially 'Queens are trump', had an amazing rocking effect.

But this album, according to the previews, I don't like it. The only song in this song which sounds decent is Metronome.
Worst album so far imo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:22 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
jason.copeland23 wrote:can someone give me a link to listen those preview of the songs like : Hachigatsu,Metronome..
thank u  .smile.
In the first minutes of this program : https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t9428-scandalnico-nico-douga-20130919

They play a very short preview from each new song of the album (songs that we don't know, so they don't play Awanai, Kagen, etc) so that the fans could vote. In the end they chose STANDARD, that's why with already heard it in full version.

I have been a fan of Scandal since 2009, loved every album, Especially 'Queens are trump', had an amazing rocking effect.

But this album, according to the previews, I don't like it. The only song in this song which sounds decent is Metronome.
Worst album so far imo.
Honestly you shouldn't judge the album with the previews... A recent example of that was SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE, the preview from the chorus was a bit... weird and doesn't do justice at all to the song.

From what you say you seem to love the rock songs of the band but honestly it's not like they changed style and play pop now. Check all the albums and you will see that only a few songs are really "rock heavy", the others songs are always pop-rock, light-rock.

From the previews it seems that only a few songs have that "rock heavy" feeling but it seems almost normal, that's what they do. I feel like many fans (old fans particularly?) see SCANDAL as "garage rock" goddess and think they changed now to light-pop-rock songs but this isn't true. Check the albums, they always had light songs, popish songs, it wasn't all heavy rock albums at all.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:22 pm

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I always think it's very funny when people judge stuff without even hearing it lol
15 seconds can't do justice to _anything_. 15 second previews wouldn't do justice to Metallica even.

I think it's actually very unfair to judge this album harshly when we already have stuff like Awanai, Kagen and STANDARD. Not even mentioning again the fact that there's a load of songs we don't actually know yet.

And just my 2 cents: a lot of people seem to have a very limited view of what rock music is and can be. This isn't just about the comments here, but about a lot of things I've been reading all over the internet this whole year on all SCANDAL's releases.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
They already put out a beastly rock song in 24 jikan, all your rock needs should be satisfied for a good time

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Sony Music Hong Kong says the edition to be released in HK will come with a special bonus. I wonder if it will be an eco bag as well? I'll update here when it is out next week.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:34 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm getting a gut feel that STANDARD would dethrone Queens Are Trumps as their best album in my ranking...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:38 pm

TimmyBT

TimmyBT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/Telmenator9
STANDARD Album songs mix vldeo is only avialible for Club Scandal...i wanna watch it~~~

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:44 pm

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I haven't listened to any preview yet, so I really don't know what to expect, save from those that I read in this thread. 
Also, it'll come out next Wednesday! It's possible for CDJapan to ship it as early as Saturday. CANTA DANCE

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
15 seconds is enough imo to judge a song imo.
I don't get the hype for the song 'Standard'. It's just plain horrible.
Anyways, here's hoping next year's album has better songs, and that the upcoming single 'Runners high' is good.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:23 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Gintoki wrote:15 seconds is enough imo to judge a song imo.
I don't get the hype for the song 'Standard'. It's just plain horrible.
Anyways, here's hoping next year's album has better songs, and that the upcoming single 'Runners high' is good.
A short preview can only tell you so much about a song... Obviously in a light pop-rock song preview it's highly unlikely that the rest of the song is heavy metal... But still you cannot define a whole song with a short preview, the rythm can change, the melody, the lyrics, etc.

Most of the songs don't reveal their true nature in a short preview, you need to listen to it completely at least once. So you shouldn't judge a song or even the full album just because we got some short previews...

The STANDARD song is maybe horrible for you, sorry if you don't get the hype, no one asks you to get it, but many like it. That's the beauty of music you know, one person can love a song and another one can hate it Happy I love it, it's different and has that raw feeling, almost like it's anew theme song written for lives.

Honestly people who already judge the album from the previews can't be taken seriously, sorry to say that but it's not really smart. If you listen to a full song and then don't like it, ok fine it's your opinion, but judging the album with the bad quality and short previews we have... Seriously?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:45 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I agree, you should sit down and listen to each track on an album carefully before you judge it.
I have also found that some SCANDAL songs grown on me after a few listens.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:08 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
like seriously, I don't understand how one can judge a song just by a 15 second preview. what we're hearing is just about half of the chorus, and not a single part of the main verses were even leaked, so how do these people even know they won't like it when so much is still unheard? seriously, look at the overall package before hating on it. i myself didn't like the preview for SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE, but i'm actually listening to it now. proof that a 15 second preview is not enough to pass a judgment. I really want to see the moment when you listen to the full album and decide this is one of their best ever, just to see if you even remember you ever hated it before based on 15 second previews.

and i personally feel there's no need to use the word horrible here. yes, we know you don't like it. but using extreme words like horrible song and worst album, to me, shows a lack of respect to the artist. when they have put in so much effort into the album, for you to dismiss their song as horrible is just plain rude IMO. yes they don't know you made that comment, but you're still not showing respect to them for their efforts. and on the track that they fully composed, arranged and written themselves, no less. it's precisely because its entirely created by them that's why it sounds so different from whatever we've heard from them before, because there are no ideas from external people who have their own styles. they are not obliged to churn out an album every single year, and even RINA has just said its tough on them to release an album every year (at least that's what i understand from the blog), so at least be grateful for their efforts.

and as for not understanding the hype, like HRMT said, no one asked you to get it. i also don't like it (i generally don't like this sort of shouting songs from them with a few exceptions), but i don't put down the song. in fact i even acknowledge that my opinion of this song could change in the future like it did for other songs. I acknowledge that the type of song i like is different from others, and that should be the important thing. right now, you're making it sound like everyone should have the same opinion as you by questioning their taste, which is definitely wrong.

like HRMT said, a person who judges an album through the low quality previews can't be taken seriously. are you even giving the album a chance to show you its quality before you hammer the nail on its coffin? it doesn't seem so right now, because you're apparently already looking at next year's album without so much as a glance towards this year's. a person who judges based on only the things presented to him at that moment is unfortunately narrow minded who really need to see the wider scope of things.

i'm sorry for sounding harsh, but that's my opinion. sorry to the mods if this is off topic btw. I just really felt like i should say this to get this off my chest.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:
I agree, you should sit down and listen to each track on an album carefully before you judge it.
I have also found that some SCANDAL songs grown on me after a few listens.
You're right. Still going to check out the album and hopefully I'm proved wrong, which i doubt it.

And Scandal Fans, calm the hell down.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm

february-heavenly

february-heavenly

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:A short preview can only tell you so much about a song... Obviously in a light pop-rock song preview it's highly unlikely that the rest of the song is heavy metal... But still you cannot define a whole song with a short preview, the rythm can change, the melody, the lyrics, etc.

Most of the songs don't reveal their true nature in a short preview, you need to listen to it completely at least once. So you shouldn't judge a song or even the full album just because we got some short previews...

The STANDARD song is maybe horrible for you, sorry if you don't get the hype, no one asks you to get it, but many like it. That's the beauty of music you know, one person can love a song and another one can hate it :)I love it, it's different and has that raw feeling, almost like it's anew theme song written for lives.

Honestly people who already judge the album from the previews can't be taken seriously, sorry to say that but it's not really smart. If you listen to a full song and then don't like it, ok fine it's your opinion, but judging the album with the bad quality and short previews we have... Seriously?
i cannot agree with this more. well said.
(and i freaking love standard. maybe because i'm extremely biased to anything that mami sings in.)

that being said, let's all just take a deep breath chill out. scandal-heaven is supposed to be a place where we get together to love scandal and respect each other's opinions. it seems like there's been more problems recently, and i don't get why.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 15 9a12711f2961b114fdc930d81ddd3237
tumblr: ai-koishiteru.tumblr.com
twitter: twitter.com/feiizhuliu
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum