Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:15 pm

IceT

IceT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
could someone please explain this line " Koi no Gestalt Houkai (恋のゲシュタルト崩壊; Gestaltzerfall of Love)"
found it in the description of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ioQd5tvTCk
Gestalt is a german word and means shape,figure,form and Zerfall means destroyed by time. I've never heard of Gestaltzerfall

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
IceT wrote:could someone please explain this line " Koi no Gestalt Houkai (恋のゲシュタルト崩壊; Gestaltzerfall of Love)"
found it in the description of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ioQd5tvTCk
Gestalt is a german word and means shape,figure,form and Zerfall means destroyed by time. I've never heard of Gestaltzerfall
Oh, INTERESTING! I wanna know the lyrics.
 And the whole song. 
And the rest of the album.
 Can't wait!!! 

Well the title sounds very sad. 崩壊 could also mean "Zusammenbruch" (breakdown). Anyway, the end of love, I guess. But we cannot really say more until we know the lyrics.

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm looking forward to hearing the full audio for all of the songs on the audio, but I think I'm looking forward to Orange Juice and Metronome the most. The previews for the song both sound really interesting so I'm really looking forward to seeing what the rest of the songs are like.

With that said, I have to agree with the others that are saying the previews aren't enough to fully judge the song. Because they aren't. You have a 15 second preview of a 3+ minute song, there's no way the full effect of the song could be captured in 15 seconds. A preview will never really do any song justice because it'll never be enough to capture the song. Especially if said previews are in low quality such as the Nico Nico ones. Nico Nico does not stream their videos in high quality, the audio is also effected by the quality of a video. So considering Nico Nico doesn't have the best quality, I would say that's even more a reason to not fully and completely judge a song by the preview, you know?

I think a lot of the hype over STANDARD has a lot to do with the fact the song was fully written, composed, and arranged by the girls. It's a first for the band and for myself personally, that's part of the reason I like the song. Even if by chance I didn't like the audio, I think I would still like the song at least a little just knowing our girls did it by themselves. But I really like the song anyway so maybe that's a moot point lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:05 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
metalleo wrote:a person who judges based on only the things presented to him at that moment is unfortunately narrow minded who really need to see the wider scope of things.
u just hit the bull's eye here. not sounding to be mean here but it's the truth and needed to be pointed out.

and i agree with the people here, 15 secs preview doesnt do justice at all.
tbh, after hearing the previews, i felt like nothing special in those songs. im not feeling them at all and only 1 song has caught my attention so far but i havent come to a conclusion where i think it's a bad album and like u guys have pointed out, it might turn out different plus those previews are in bad quality. 
so an advice is wait after u heard the full song before judging and also listening on a high quality song can do wonders. ive had this opinion with SITH where i initially thought was bad but it turned out good with hq

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^
I do agree as well on listening on a high quality song would change your point of view for that song, I've had this same feeling on Harukaze... anyways... maybe the right term for this is not judging but rather predicting on how the song/s would sound...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:52 am

iudh1188

iudh1188

Caless Student
Caless Student
Feel so excited for the new album .wow. .

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:35 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Gintoki wrote:
tonymiller wrote:
I agree, you should sit down and listen to each track on an album carefully before you judge it.
I have also found that some SCANDAL songs grown on me after a few listens.
You're right. Still going to check out the album and hopefully I'm proved wrong, which i doubt it.

And Scandal Fans, calm the hell down.
Fair enough, you are convinced you won't like it. That's your choice. Just to state the obvious, if you (or anyone, for that matter) come on SCANDAL HEAVEN and use negative language to discuss the band and/or their work, do not be shocked if people use equally negative language to disagree with you. You cannot reasonably expect to post the things you've been posting and expect people NOT to react to it.

If you do not want to have people react badly to what you are posting, check your language. Bear in mind that I am *not* insisting that "everyone likes everything SCANDAL does" (God knows how many times I've been accused of that). I'm just saying that we should watch our language and be respectful and polite with each other and be respectful to the band.

No hard feelings and no malice intended. Just a reminder is all.

And now back on topic, I HAVE PLACED MY ORDER! WooT!! Also, I noticed the yen is slightly weak at this time so it's a good time to buy/order things from Japan! I went multi-buy and ordered the Wonderful Tonight DVD to save on shipping.

Can't wait for next Wednesday! ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:21 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Can't wait on Wednesday too! .clap. 

I have ordered the OVER DRIVE single along with STANDARD LE DVD edition long ago, but after I watched their Nico Nico Live stream, I ordered the T-shirt edition too (Great marketing, girls. You've made a stingy person like me to order your album in two editions. Most of the time, I only choose one edition)! It really hurts my wallet, but I can't go to Japan yet, so I think it's still worth it. And I hope it fits, or I'll just display it in a frame or I'll just sell it to someone who wants it (but I really don't like that happening). .whistle.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
All right, guys, let's not let things get too crazy here.

Mirroring a bit of what mac said. Gintoki, yes, you're free to your own opinions, but you need to watch your language and be more respectful on SH. Try not to use harsh words such as "horrible" and to tell people to "calm the hell down." That's a little rude and uncalled for.

Anyway.

-------------------------------------------

SophieLam wrote:Sony Music Hong Kong says the edition to be released in HK will come with a special bonus. I wonder if it will be an eco bag as well? I'll update here when it is out next week.
I'm sure it'll be something different. It won't be the bags because those are exclusive to only the 4 usual Japanese CD stores.

-------------------------------------------

IceT wrote:could someone please explain this line " Koi no Gestalt Houkai (恋のゲシュタルト崩壊; Gestaltzerfall of Love)"
I Googled it and apparently "gestaltzerfall" actually is a word. It refers to when you see a word and as you keep looking at it/exposing yourself to it it starts to sound/look weird, so it seems that it really does mean something like 'the destruction of a shape.' Never heard of it before either and therefore wasn't aware that "gestalt houkai" in Japanese refers to that one word. I had originally said the translation of the title is "The Collapse of Love's Gestalt," which actually does have the same kind of meaning as if I used 'gestalzerfall' instead. If I did, the translation would then be "Love's Gestaltzerfall." Perhaps I'll just keep the translation as it is since not even German people are aware that 'gestalzerfall' is an actual word haha.

Maybe I'll ask here anyway.

They basically mean the same thing, so which translation do you guys prefer: "The Collapse of Love's Gestalt" or "Love's Gestaltzerfall"?

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:18 pm

IceT

IceT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
first one,
http://www.duden.de/suchen/dudenonline/Gestaltzerfall (Duden is for German what Oxford is for English
no hits

"Ich glaube, auf dieser Welt gibt es keine Vernunft, und an Güte fehlt es auch."
"Kann sein. Aber das lässt sich wohl jetzt nicht mehr ändern."
"Das Rückgabedatum ist abgelaufen."
"Und die Quittung weggeschmissen." 1Q84, Aomame und Ayumi im Gespräch.

Nicht ich bin verrückt, die Welt ist es.
Haruki Murakami

"Wohin man auch geht, sich selbst entkommt man
nicht. Es ist so wie mit dem eigenen Schatten, der folgt einem auch
überallhin." Haruki Murakami
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:21 pm

chouetsu

Caless Student
Caless Student
ああ、新アルボムや~めっちゃお楽しみにしますわわ。(☆☆)
須く必買だ。

aa, cool! new Scandal album , cant wait for it!
have to by it !

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Wow, this song title turns out to be very interesting! .clap. 

Well, it's no wonder, that we won't find it in the Duden, IceT, since it's the name of a psychologic phenomenon. You will find it in a psychologic dictionary!

Though, I would go for "The collapse of love's Gestalt" because it sounds nicer (and yeah, WHO knows what Gestaltzerfall is without looking it up!?).
And by the way, I can find "gestalt" in my Oxford dictionary! ^^

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:29 pm

jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23

Caless Student
Caless Student
After Listening a 15s preview of another songs from this album.
i think Metronome and Weather Report attract me most.
well. hope the full version of these songs will be the best to hear.
i really enjoy it!

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 SI6wMT3
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:56 pm

MiaLuGee

MiaLuGee

International Performer
International Performer
I noticed that Mami sing more in the Album STANDAR then in the others it's seems like her voice has changer but I like there are more might and strenght  :cheer:

walking with best friends   .lol.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hasenfu wrote:Wow, this song title turns out to be very interesting! .clap. 

Well, it's no wonder, that we won't find it in the Duden, IceT, since it's the name of a psychologic phenomenon. You will find it in a psychologic dictionary!

Though, I would go for "The collapse of love's Gestalt" because it sounds nicer (and yeah, WHO knows what Gestaltzerfall is without looking it up!?).
And by the way, I can find "gestalt" in my Oxford dictionary! ^^
Gestalt in itself is a pretty common word used in German language, especially in books and stuff. I personally would too translate it as 'shape/form/figure'.
Although I never heard Gestaltzerfall either. Like the direct meaning of the word is obvious and makes sense, but never heard it. 

I too really like "The collapse of loves Gestalt"  Nice one

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:25 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
I also go for "The Collapse of Love's Gestalt". At least most people can look it up in the dictionary more easily compared to Gestaltzerfall. It sounds more poetic than "Love's Gestaltzerfall". Plus, I won't have to explain it again and again to whom ever asks what "Gestaltzerfall" means.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:23 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oricon NINKI:

1. - Perfume - LEVEL3 (202.00 points)
2. - SCANDAL - STANDARD (52.30 points)
3. - The Fratellis - We Need Medicine (20.20 points)
4. - Ando Yuko - Goodbye (18.40 points)
5. - Sting - The Last Ship (17.60 points)
6. - locofrank - Signs (16.80 points)

(The NINKI ratings are the results of a POLL conducted by Oricon indicating degree of interest/degree of purchase intention in an upcoming release. Although the ratings are never a true reflection of sales, it does give a strong prediction about where the single/album will place in terms of popularity amongst the Japanese public. However, they are NOT an indication of how it will perform in terms of chart positioning and total sales for the week.)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:35 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well I guess that's a good result for a poll, it seems that they will get #2 spot but the first place looks out of reach completely. Don't know Perfume but I guess it's a huge (pop?) band.

I just really hope that this new album sells amazingly good and will break their record for an album. Current record is SCANDAL SHOW with 64.000 copies but it's a best album, the record for a normal album is TEMPTATION BOX with 60.000 copies. So whatever happens I hope they break the 60.000 mark again.

Kagen and Awanai sold very good and OVERDRIVE is their best selling single released just before an album (if you forget the very special HARUKAZE case ^_^) so it looks like they are doing good and it should sell good =P Fingers crossed... Come on get the 100.000 mark =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:07 pm

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
^Perfume is a pop girl group of three. They actually got to talk to SCANDAL back in 2009 in Music Japan, back when they were promoting Yumemiru Tsubasa and their first album BEST SCANDAL, I think. One of their songs that I have listened to is Chocolate Disco, which is one of the songs in the Taiko competition that Rina played. I think they are quite big in Japan.

But then, I'm so pleased that SCANDAL's in the second spot! .clap. I'm really hoping that this album will break a lot of their records! Hopefully they reach gold or even platinum... .please.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:53 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
According to SME HK's Facebook, these are the first press items for HK versions of STANDARD. Not sure if they just come with the RE and/or the DVD edition (they won't be doing the t-shirt).

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 Y0rrFf4
^Clear file

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 288CF1c
^Different poster (this was actually the STANDARD poster that was hung up during the Nico Nico Live program)

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So awesome!!^o^ I wanna them!5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 105
The poster is even better for me because it is my favorite cover (Haruna's gaze...arh!)

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
FLAME ON!

Err... Ninja 

So, I listened to the preview on Nico Nico Douga (not really, watched the whole thing later on scandal-media.com), and there's not a single song that doesn't sound at least good, judging from the previews. I know I will not love all of the tracks, but for now my expectation is quite high.

I hope they play all the songs in the upcoming all nation tour, and somehow we can get to watch it on video, since I'll not be attending any of those lives...

I understand people who doesn't like the songs listening to the previews. There are songs that need to grow on you, it happened with me recently when I didn't like Kagen's preview, but later it became one of my favorite songs by SCANDAL.

On a side note, I did not know Perfume was still that popular, good for them. That's why I love japanese music, there's space for many types and genres of music, unlike other countries where people just listen to one genre.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:39 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:58 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^Ah, you beat me to it

My thoughts:

Most interesting song: 
3. Uchiagehanabi

The rocky song:
10. Koi no Gestalt Houkai

The sing-a-long song:
12. Namida yo Hikare

The ballads:
6. Weather report, 7. Hachigatsu

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 16 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:23 am

baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, great! I wasn't feeling it with the 15 secs preview, now that we have the 45 secs preview from the beginning, it sounds really good.

I'm a bit surprised how some songs progress from starting to the chorus. Like Orange Juice, it sounds really rock in the beginning, but the chorus is really pop. The same with Weather Report and 8 August, such a nice starting, it starts like a slow ballad but the chorus turns into a mid-tempo song. Gestaltzerfall is really catchy pop-rock at first but then the harder rock riff coming in. And lol.. Namida yo Hikare reminds me of one of AKB48 song (can't remember the song name).

I think this album will be a good one. One thing for sure, it has really nice melody.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum