You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Ken_chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Finally I could listen to all Full Songs of the Album on Youtube. I think Overdrive and Hachigatsu are the Best Songs in this Album. My Package is on the Way now. Hope I get it until next week.clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:57 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Do we have the official number of sales for first week? Generasia is not updated so I don't know where to look.

It looks already very good but would like to get an official number .clap. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:36 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Do we have the official number of sales for first week? Generasia is not updated so I don't know where to look.

It looks already very good but would like to get an official number .clap. 
Weekly top 100 albums

3 - ● STANDARD 43,069 43,069 13/10/2 ES
SCANDAL 3 1

Can someone do a comparison with past sales?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:56 am

skywing-SM

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
avanpiper wrote:Weekly top 100 albums
3 - ● STANDARD 43,069 43,069 13/10/2 ES
SCANDAL 3 1

Can someone do a comparison with past sales?
First week sales:

BEST SCANDAL: 28,772
TEMPTATION BOX: 34,946
BABY ACTION: 37,803
Queens are trumps: 35,424

Extra:
SCANDAL SHOW (Best album): 42,246
ENCORE SHOW (Special collection (or was it compilation? Thinking) album): 28,817

(from: SCANDAL's Generasia Page)

woah, it even passed SCANDAL SHOW even though SS is a "Best of" album

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : added source)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Finally got my album with T-shirt too.
Hhaha, I am glad I am a small in Canadian standards so the Japanese medium fits me well Tongue
Although I will probably only wear it a few times, don't want the print to crumble off.

Now to the album, I love it, listened to the leaked rips as well but of course ended up making my own rips for my computer which sound much better than the leaked ones.

I really think this album is a new standard indeed, it raised the bar once again, even more so than QaT did imo.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:36 pm

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Wow! This album broke a lot of their records! .clap. 

And finally! Got my package from the customs... I'm so happy to see the package unharmed, but the customs tax still hurt... .plank.
Anyway...

And just like you guys said, it's A LOT BETTER than the rip. I seriously need a sound system for this album. lol. But it's just so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that they will release a DVD for their STANDARD Hall tour. I'm also very happy with the T-shirt! Yey! I'm so glad it fits and I'm happy with the cloth (yup, I'm a bit picky on the cloth).

As for the DVD, I finally got to watch SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE in a better quality. It still makes me laugh everytime I watch it, especially Haru's singing part. I know I shouldn't be laughing, but because it suddenly became a 'solemn' moment, it becomes hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:41 pm

meloya

meloya

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://meloindex.com
after the bloody battle at customs (yes my wallet honorably died, *ckn taxes), i finally got my copy of STANDARD together with other SCANDAL stuff. i must say its all worth it. though the shirt wont ever fit me  
ヾ(´▽`; )ゝ

loved the whole album! ill list Uchiagehanabi, Weather Report and Namida yo Hikare as my favorites, and im still a sucker for kagen no tsuki.

big congrats to the girls!! .clap. 

Spoiler:

Last edited by meloya on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:25 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:15 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I'm always amazed that they don't sell more albums than they do. It seems like they should be selling more given their level of popularity. I guess they've established around 50,000 as their baseline target.

jason.copeland23 wrote:In my opinion,i think HARUNA'S voice in their earlier album ( BABY ACTION,BEST SCANDAL,..)sounds fresh and more natural than this album.
It's a combination of her being very young and relatively unpracticed on BEST SCANDAL, progressively getting older and her voice lowering over time, becoming better practiced and trained, and auto-tune. (There is definitely some use of that on this album.) She went through a period around Baby Action where her register had changed a bit as she'd gotten older but she was trying to sing in her original register and that killed her voice. You may have heard her straining on Baby Action and interpreted it as a natural sound (because it didn't sound so perfect). She lost her voice and had to re-learn to sing with a new coach. It is possible to increase your range as a singer, so she probably had to learn to do that to keep singing the old songs live. But her natural singing voice is lower now.

She sounded a little better on Queens are Trumps but I don't think she was really fully back until now. I think that now she's settled in to her adult voice, she's really strengthened her diaphragm and other muscles needed to sing, and the songwriters have finally learned to take advantage of her new voice properly. So it sounds different, but I think she sounds incredibly strong. Like she's going to break the microphone with her power on some songs. She has also really developed her vibrato - she didn't have much of it in the early days, but she uses it all the time now and it's really a nice sounding vibrato.

But yeah, probably about 5% of what you're hearing as less natural is also studio tricks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:59 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I also think such an amazing band should sell more!

But it's great news that they have a new record now for the first week! Let's see how it will evolve in the next weeks but it's already a very very good news.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:38 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My album still didn't come and I still didn't listen to the leaked songs yet...

I've been very busy however so that's an excuse why I didn't bother to indulge in the new album. But a four day weekend is coming up, my album better come before then!!

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
German customs! Stop drinking coffee and give me my package! I know you have it since October 3rd! Don't you dare again to keep it for about two months like QAT!!! OMG Onion

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:05 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Hasenfu wrote:German customs! Stop drinking coffee and give me my package! I know you have it since October 3rd! Don't you dare again to keep it for about two months like QAT!!! OMG Onion
Sad !! I think it will be the same for me Waaa Onion

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:34 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
babaloued wrote:
Hasenfu wrote:German customs! Stop drinking coffee and give me my package! I know you have it since October 3rd! Don't you dare again to keep it for about two months like QAT!!! OMG Onion
Sad !! I think it will be the same for me Waaa Onion
Off topic.
Not sure if you guys tried it and how the laws are regarding that there, but have you ever tried marking the item as a gift, it's no 100% guarantee but I never paid customs on my stuff from CDjapan, ever.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:15 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Reachie

Yes that can work in England too, but not if you buy stuff all the time like I do.
I have parcels from CDJapan about twice a month and HM Customs & Excise know that nobody gets that many gifts !

In England you have to pay Import Tax if the item is worth more than £20   Sad

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:10 am

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
@Reachie: So many people here are talking about their packages being stuck at the customs or somewhere else, so actually you could have started marking such posts as Off Topic pages ago. Wink
Well, I don't wanna fight, I just didn't see these posts as Off Topic. But I apologize, if a moderator disagrees with my opinion!

To answer your "Off Topic-Off Topic": Is it possible to tell CDJapan to mark my item as a gift? I've never stumbled across that option. Anyway, I've never paid customs for CDJapan items (in contrary to other items that WERE marked as a gift). They just keep it for weeks or months without saying anything before they send it to me. That's why I'm so sick of them. On the whole custom officers don't have a good reputation in Germany (a far as I know). Onion Tsk 

And finally something On Topic again!
Meanwhile, I've listened to it and I must say I really love it! When I heard some previews, I was sceptical at first, but they've blown away my fears. My favourites on this album are Metronome, Weather Report and Hachigatsu! Can't wait to hear it in good sound quality at my CD player! And I hope, we'll get some lives soon!

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tonymiller wrote:@Reachie

Yes that can work in England too, but not if you buy stuff all the time like I do.
I have parcels from CDJapan about twice a month and HM Customs & Excise know that nobody gets that many gifts !

In England you have to pay Import Tax if the item is worth more than £20   Sad
Yes, as I said it.s not 100%. Although they seem a little stupid on my end, I've been getting SCANDAL stuff since ever from CDJapan but I never tried shiping without gift option haha. The only time I had to pay was, when I ordered a game from playasia with UPS.

@ Hasenfu

Tell me about it. I had some experience with then when I still lived in Germany haha.
Anyways, it's not that hard on CDJapan.
Just added a random thing. So when you get to the page where you confirm all your information you click here:
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 PccoHx
After that you make sure your shipping address in checked, and the gift option.
And that's it. But as I said it's no guarantee, they even say it themselves :p
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 NjDuvF

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Reachie I've never marked my orders as gifts, I'll try that next time. I've only had to pay taxes on my orders once though, and that was when I chose fedex for the shipping since it was cheaper with the bandscore. It was super fast though.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Ken_chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I´ve got my package today, that was pretty quick. Dont understand why someone has to wait whole months. Just look now at my Special T-Shirt Edition, isn´t it cool?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

After the end of a torturous week, I find the best gift ever coming home: SCANDAL package on desk

Here we go:

Brand new wave - Addicting pop song - check. Great energy starter to album 8/10

OVER DRIVE - Very alternative rock sounding. I think this is their weakest song in the album, though. Not too unique, but still, it's okay. 6/10

Uchiagehanabi - Surf rock. Very cute and chill song. Has a great start but gets a bit inconsistent with the cuteness thereafter.. 8/10

Orange Juice - Spunky rock. Pretty raw sounding. 8/10

Metronome - If this song were a steak, it'd be super bloody raw. It competes with Shojo S in this area. You guys weren't kidding that this is a SCANDAL song. So. Edgy. 10/10

Weather report - Sounds like it could be in a drama scene. Save this song for a rainy day. They're really good at these slow songs. 8/10

Hachigatsu - Well composed alternative rock 7/10

Koi no Gestalt Houkai - Not a bad rock song straight from Rina's metalworks. The song doesn't really change that much throughout though, which is a bit disappointing. 7/10

Namida yo Hikare - Cute song #2. namida yo hikare~ 8/10

Standard - This is like Kill the Virgin. On first listen it's too weird to comprehend. Then it strangely grows on you. Best way to describe it...a SCANDAL anthem. The random Tomomi screams make this song. Epic 2nd half, epic ending to album. 9/10

Our old friends:

Kagen no Tsuki - Jazzy rock. Sounds kinda mature. It's awesome. 10/10

Kimi to Mirai to Kouzen Douki - Kagen no Tsuki's little sister. Sounds a bit generic, but is still pretty good. 7/10

Awanai tsumori no, Genki de ne - Energy rock song. Really thought the superior B side, 24 jikan plus, should've been here with it though.. 8/10

Overall: Their most creative album to date. It's actually well structured this time around. Lots, lots of raw sounding rock. It's the anti-Baby Action (HEY, I liked some songs from that album too). This is also the first album where I liked over 90% of the songs. They've grown so much, yet they're still pretty young with years ahead of them. I can't wait for their future albums. 

Favorite song: Metronome

Oh yeah...that t-shirt fits me quite nicely hehe

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Finally I got it !!

Spoiler:

I've got Haru's sticker but I'm sad it was not signed Onion Cry

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:49 pm

seyer101

seyer101

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalrockband.blogspot.com
hello guys!! ^_^ just happy to hear that they celebrated their 5th anniversary... MORE POWER SCANDAL!!!

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 Seyerl10
SEYER101
Please Onion CANTA DANCE Please Onion
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Ken_chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
@babaloued: Do you order always the complete Album Edition set?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Obviously, babaloued is a Happy Collector! .lol. 

Sorry, I just couldn't refrain that!!

@ Reachie: Thanks for posting the instruction, I think I'll try it next time!

- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Ken_chan wrote:@babaloued: Do you order always the complete Album Edition set?
Hum.... yeah .whistle.

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:48 pm

seyer101

seyer101

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalrockband.blogspot.com
I really envy you guys!! T_T hope I can have that too... maybe someday!!! .shy.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 24 Seyerl10
SEYER101
Please Onion CANTA DANCE Please Onion
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.