Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 am

owmxxks

owmxxks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The full song was just as awesome as I was hoping it would be! Onion Skipping 
As for the PV... well... I'll just say it wasn't really what I was hoping it would be Onion Sigh

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:59 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
Full PV is fun and the floating screw/bolts are cool! I also like where Tomo is doing stuffs with the bulb till it got out of hand...the only thing I don't get is when they become skeletons. Like...what's the reason/meaning? Is it because they over-exerted their energy or something like "overdrive", so it's like...'enjoy playing music till you're worn out' kind of thing? lol

whole song is great and catchy. .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:18 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
It's a very fun PV and they're all so cute and beautiful (well, they're already cute and beautiful but... LOVE )!  Anyway, I'm secretly fangirling right now, because I'm in the office.

The effects are nice, especially the light bulb and the floating screws. I have already read about the skeletons, but it still caught me off guard. Maybe this explains their faces in the STANDARD regular edition cover?

And finally, I got to listen to the "fullest" version of the song! Yey! Better than I have imagined. .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:04 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
The skeleton thing is supposed to be funny not scary, it's a thing you can see in animes/mangas when the person gets electrocuted.

Speaking of manga, I wonder what MAMI is reading, they just put a brown cover on it so we don't know =( Probably so they don't advertise but oh well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:27 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
babaloued wrote:Scenery and shot on TV remind me Undisclosed Desire of Muse lol
Hahahah spot on

Great, now I've got an image of SCANDAL doing a cover of Undisclosed Desires. Oh, what a scenario.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 12 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:18 am

Erick M

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
Next time I wanna try cosplaying SCANDAL I know for sure what to wear = red mechanic jumpsuit .evilgrin.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 12 E-sign10
Please don't take my jokes too seriously
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 12 SAPOG0d
Back to top Go down

OVER DRIVE Lyrics
Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I've been waiting for the "OVER DRIVE" PV/the full version of the song to come out before posting the lyrics so that I could make sure they were correct. The romaji lyrics are based on the official lyrics, which were already released last week or so. Without further ado, here they are:

Romaji:

Translation:

Oh, and the lyrics for "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" were released too and I already have the romaji and translation completed, but I'm going to wait until the single officially releases next week to post them so that I can check to see if they are correct.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:35 am; edited 2 times in total

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 12 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:35 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Great thing to wake up to in the morning, wheeee!!!

Overall this PV was pretty good, not the best I've seen from them IMO, but it's good enough for me. I really like how they used the STANDARD outfits in the PV, reminds me of LS (which btw is one of my favourite PVs for that reason). And contrary to what I thought when I first saw the preview the special effects wasn't too excessive. It was pretty well controlled and didn't distract me from the performance. And the skeleton part was really cute, although my heart was screaming when RINA was hit lolol. And I dunno if it's just me, but I heard bagpipes, which sounded rather interesting.

And as usual I always find something I didn't really like (someone just slap me please). Somehow HARU's solo scenes just feels awkward to me. Perhaps I'm too used to seeing her bopping around, so to see her standing there without her guitar and with minimal movement just feels sort of strange. Her instrumental parts always seemed more natural than her solo parts to me..

Last edited by metalleo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 12 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
^Hahaha! No... I'm not gonna slap you in the face because I noticed that too. It seemed to me that the director was telling Haru to stop moving too much, and she ended up being stiff and all. Haru always moves even if it seemed unnecessary just like in her collab with Aqua Times on ALONES, so I find it awkward. But I have to say, she's really beautiful in this PV (well, she always is). .nosebleed.

And yeah, thanks for the romanji lyrics and translations Ms. TGE! Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:06 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@metalleo
I felt that too about Haruna, she looks uneasy, as you said it is probably because she is staying in the same position without moving too much ^_^"

Thanks for the lyrics, there are very nice!^^

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 am

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I didn't see the preview, just for having the full surprise. Great surprise ! it reminds me a lot Powerman 5000 PV (futuristic set like) with that kind of video effects, and of course the red suits (Slipknot haha, I wonder if Scandal heard about Slipknot ^^). The PV is very different, I like that. The skeleton parts are very funny, they're electrocuted like in cartoons. Like other members said, it seems that they had more budget for it .clap. 

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 12 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The lyrics are very cool, thanks for the translation! 
Now I'm really excited for SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE lyrics and PV .clap.
and for my single to get here a thousand years after release

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:43 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The PV that SCANDAL just released today, with 5:03 minutes is not full? .deli.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:07 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
*slaps metalleo*

.shy. 

Didn't notice this about HARUNA, I was too busy drooling/jaw dropping when she was on screen, sorry .lol. 

Thanks for the lyrics, they are nice IMO.

But could you please post the SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE lyrics/translation too PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE?! Sad The song is again on repeat since yesterday and if you have the lyrics I need to know what they say pleaaaaaase .love.  If you afraid because of some errors and all could you PM them to me, I promise I will not publish them anywhere .hail.  .hail. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:01 pm

TimmyBT

TimmyBT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/Telmenator9
I'm sad about they will not include OVER DRIVE PV on STANDARD Limited CD+DVD edition.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:15 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah I have to say it's a bit weird to have Awanai and Kagen but not OVERDRIVE on it. Especially because the b-side SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE PV will be on it.

Not sure how it came down to this and what is the reason. Looks like the OVERDRIVE PV was a bit "late" maybe (RINA said in a recent blog it is about to be finalized) so they couldn't add it because of the schedule? Maybe they will release a DVD later with the PV on it and it's already planned and wanted to add it there?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:32 pm

TimmyBT

TimmyBT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I remembered about Playboy PV on ENCORE SHOW DVD. I hope they will update STANDARD DVD Tracklist.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
TimmyBT wrote:I'm sad about they will not include OVER DRIVE PV on STANDARD Limited CD+DVD edition.
Right??? Would've been much happier with this PV on it. But let's hope Scandal in da House will make up for it. Should be a fun PV as well .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:08 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I have ultra mega high expectations for SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE PV but still a bit sad that the OVERDRIVE PV will be missing Sad

What do you mean by update the tracklist?

You mean they could still add the PV now even if we are only a few weeks from album release??

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:06 pm

TimmyBT

TimmyBT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm glad that SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE PV is in a album DVD. I wondering how it will be.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:52 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
I love OVERDRIVE PV .wow. 

It's funny electrocutions like cartoons

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 12 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:22 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Mamitachu wrote:The PV that SCANDAL just released today, with 5:03 minutes is not full? .deli.
It is. I meant that I was waiting for either the PV to come out (full version of the song), or maybe like a radio rip of the full song, whichever came first, and the PV came out first.

TimmyBT wrote:I remembered about Playboy PV on ENCORE SHOW DVD. I hope they will update STANDARD DVD Tracklist.
The "OVER DRIVE" PV will for sure not be on it. The DVD track list was already finalized well before they made it public, plus there's no way they can or will update it at this late hour.

And HRMT, I'm sure you can wait another six days. Tongue

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:54 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I'm very bad when it comes to patience  Onion Cry  And if you already have it would be awesome to post them or PM me, my soul can't take it anymore, I need the lyrics and the PV of this song  :stress:  

But if not, so be it, I will just become crazy and my soul will die Dead Onion

More seriously, oh great TGEncyclopedia-sama, don't you find it weird that this PV isn't on the DVD? Can we expect another release "soon" with it or something?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Nope, I don't find it weird. They probably recorded the song a few months back and came up with the video treatment for it shortly thereafter. Seeing how elaborate everything in the PV is, I'm sure they knew that it probably would take a while for the set to be made/completed, shoot it, and then another while for the editing to be completed. Taking those into account and seeing how much time that would take, they must have already known that there'd be no way for them to be able to put it on the DVD edition of STANDARD so maybe, to compromise, they decided to do a PV for "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" and put it on there instead.

As for it being on any future releases, we'll just have to wait and see, of course.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Hum I understand for OVERDRIVE but not sure I agree with the end of your explanation when you say "so maybe, to compromise, they decided to do a PV for "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" and put it on there instead".

I don't think you just "do" a PV like that, it must cost a LOT of money (really no idea how much a PV could cost, anyone knows something?) and time and preparation. And it seems that the whole single project (A+B side with the producer) was decided at the same time so I don't really think they changed their plan and made a new PV just because the OVER DRIVE PV would take a lot of time to shot/edit.

So in the end (to me) it's weird that SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE (jeez that's long to write I will call it SITH from now on =P ) is on it and not OVER DRIVE. But yeah I guess it's weird from the outside but for them it must have come down to schedule problems and stuff like that. Things that only insiders can understand.

Anyway I'm sure they will release it on a DVD later, I see no reason why they would not add it as a bonus on a next single or next DVD from a live, it certainly is a huge bonus to attract the fans. To question is just when =P

I think it's time that this single and album comes out  .common.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum