You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
idk if its right to up this here.. but i really wanna know everybody's thought about this... so imma share it anyways..

Just needed to share, From a felloiw SCANDAL fan back in japan:

Sony disappointed Japanese fan by such monkey business. Somebody in youtube said "Scandal became Plastic when they signed with Sony". Exactly! Sony finally forced Scandal to give up on their own identity of rock'n roll.Scandal fans in other countries may not...... understand my meaning.But I woud like all of you to know Scandal used to be insulted as "fake zone"here in Japan, since their debut because scandal reminded Japanse of ZONE. But we,Scandal fans knew their songs are completely different from zone's.Nevertheless... It's a pity. Japanese ZONE fans do not appreciate this cover songs. We also did not want Scandal to sell their souls to the record company.

--> From jamjamicecream of youtube

got this from Rusty Dela Rosa of FB

EDIT: added something on the title

Last edited by haruhiyuu on Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

d3nise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.haritomi.deviantart.com
OMG woah~fake ZONE~?hmmm..i guess they're just THAT good to be able to reach the ZONE level~demo they did a great cover of ZONE's SB right~?ZONE members must be happy because young girls did a GREAT cover of their song~ Hohoho Onion
maybe SCANDAL's song sounds a little like ZONE's because of the Deep vocal of HARUNA~ Nose Bleed demo SCANDAL have there own color of music which just stands out,bwahahaha~! Onion XD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”

l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
IMO im really disappointed bout some ppl in Japan..

i mean WTF?! yeah at 1st SCANDAL would really remind you of ZONE but heck.. SCANDAL is SCANDAL.. and ZONE is ZONE.. they're really different in music style..

just because SCANDAL covered secret base doesn't mean that they gave up on the pressure.. they reach their position today coz of their hardwork... actually they did a good job in covering it.. to the ZONE fans making a big deal out of it.. i don't give a shit about them...

as for SONY idk about this friggin recording business.. but they're doing a good job in handling SCANDAL.. although i still have shit against them..

and "We also did not want Scandal to sell their souls to the record company."

so do i.. if i find sony exploiting scandal ill curse them to death..

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

d3nise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.haritomi.deviantart.com
and "We also did not want Scandal to sell their souls to the record company."

so do i.. if i find sony exploiting scandal ill curse them to death..

same here yuu-sama~! but do you think SONY's manipulating SCANDAL too much~?
hmmm..just tought of that question,lol,why did ZONE disbanded~?i dun have the idea,hahaha,^^a,i'm a ZONE fan now,and i really like SCANDAL's version~ Nose Bleed

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”

l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Noodles

I had never listened to ZONE before, until SCANDAL released SB cover and I youtube'd the original one, they do listen very same, but I think it has to sound the same to some point right? because it is a COVER. Since I havent listened to all Zone songs and I still havent listened to all SCANDAL songs, this is the only opinion I can give HORA!

Back to top Go down

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
Fake ZONE eh? Can't really say that on my part (because I am a fan of SCANDAL and yes, I am biased here). Okay, they signed to Sony, yes it made them "too produced" and somewhat manufactured for them to appeal to fans. Let's leave it at that. We can't do anything about it.

As for covering ZONE's secret base, I think they did pretty well considering ZONE was a pretty much loved band back in the days, no, even up to now. Calling them fake ZONE, yeah yeah yeah Let the haters hate and the lovers love. If Japan doesn't want them, I'd gladly take them to the Philippines.

Back to top Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
@kono

Agree 1000000000%

to hell w/ the haters... oh well every famous personality has haters.. i think its our job as the fans is to fight them off xD

Last edited by haruhiyuu on Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Noodles

konohagure wrote:Fake ZONE eh? Can't really say that on my part (because I am a fan of SCANDAL and yes, I am biased here). Okay, they signed to Sony, yes it made them "too produced" and somewhat manufactured for them to appeal to fans. Let's leave it at that. We can't do anything about it.

As for covering ZONE's secret base, I think they did pretty well considering ZONE was a pretty much loved band back in the days, no, even up to now. Calling them fake ZONE, yeah yeah yeah Let the haters hate and the lovers love. If Japan doesn't want them, I'd gladly take them to the Philippines.

Haters gonna hate, there will always be people on each side of the game.

Agreed with yuh kono Smile

Back to top Go down

stormvox

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't know about this but maybe it's due to the vibe they give out, both ZONE's members and SCANDAL's members, give off rather similar vibes.

Their music sounded real different to me though, other than Yumemiru Tsubasa and of course the cover, it's the closest to ZONE that SCANDAL got (Let's be honest here). I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of ZONE, haven't heard of them till recently, but when I listened to their songs they seem to be more sentimental and have a lighter feel to it. SCANDAL's music seems more rockish and sounds slightly heavier. They're too different. A bit like the common bass guitar vs guitar argument. They look similar but are very different. UHUH!

I do admit ZONE was a great band and left a deep impact on their fans. Wouldn't be too surprised that they'll try to compare every new girl band after ZONE with them, though they're pretty distinctively different. I'm sure they'll be people putting Stereopony against ZONE as well, or even against SCANDAL. ZONE is number 1 to them so every girl band after them would seem like they took something from ZONE, and we all know number 2 will never equate to number 1 in anyone's heart. Fans are sometimes bias like that. It clouds proper judgment but it happens. Hmmm

Let's relax here though. People have their own thoughts and opinions. There are ignorant people... And then there's smart people. Evil Grin

Pardon the lengthy post Praise

Back to top Go down

rreizend

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://theflyinglemon.wordpress.com
before i signed up in SH, i went everywhere researching SCANDAL, and in the process, i found out that, ever since they debuted, SCANDAL reminded of ZONE to most people, but some of them always like to say "now lets not compare them".

but i guess, for some ZONE fans, SCANDAL covering secret base reminded them too much of ZONE but couldnt accept the fact that they disbanded (since ZONE disbanded when graduating high school and SCANDAL debuted when graduating high school).

i can almost say, with some certainty, that some ZONE fans did not acknowledge the fact that SCANDAL covered secret base from suggestions from fellow ZONE fans via twitter, thus resulting in them concluding that SCANDAL is a "fake ZONE". on that note, i DO agree that they are, in fact, "fake ZONE", since if they were "real ZONE" then they wouldnt be SCANDAL now, would they?

regarding the "Scandal-became-Plastic-when-they-signed-with-Sony" issue, just for the record, SCANDAL signed to Sony simply because they wanted to distribute more CDs since Kitty Records wouldnt allow more than 1000 copies per single/album. i believe that "becoming plastic" was merely part of their contract.

EDIT: lol cant believe i wrote that much xD
EDIT2: note that i DID NOT offend ZONE in any way possible :D

Back to top Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
@reiz definitely agree w/ your points.. besides Sony made scandal more popular didn't they.. im still ok w/ them signing w/ sony as long as they retain their music and style.. although i still has some grudge against sony... ~_~ oh well

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

zenry000

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^

wow fake zone lolz seriously, i never even thought about that Onion XD sony did a quite decent job in advertising the girls.. but if they're forcing the girls to change their style.. i dunno~ we needa SIGN A GOD DAMN PETITION!!! Onion Smoker

-Working On A New Siggy-
RINA! RINA! ROCK YOU!
Back to top Go down

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for pointing that out rreiz. Yes Kitty records didn't allow them to sell more that 1000 cd's forcing them or not really, to go to Sony, or I think it was an offer made by Sony.

Last edited by konohagure on Tue May 11, 2010 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

MamiTatsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mamitatsuki.deviantart.com/
.fake ZONE~?! .well that's just STUPID i tell you~!!!!

.i mean all artists have sort of UNIQUE personality that makes them different from other fellow artists~ .right~?

.anyway, i respect such opinion to those ZONE fans~ .they have the right to say what they want to say~ .but as a SCANDAL fan, i say its really inappropriate~ .i mean we SCANDAL fans haven't said anything against ZONE right~? .its insanity ~ .such illiteracy i tell you~ .ILLITERACY~!

.im sorry~ .but i have to say my opinion~

.anyway...people should just respect other people~

.SCANDAL did a very nice cover of Secret Base~ .that's true~! .yeah~ .i know its only a cover~ .but they did a great job really~ .i also heard the original version and i find it nice too~ .that's all i need to say~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

tomotomo

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
WTH!!! I'm agree with you guy, SCANDAL is not a "FAKE ZONE", I heard the original SB of ZONE last time, they sure sounds the same in some part, but they are not completely the same. Yeah, SCANDAL did make the Secret Base of Zone "SOUNDS" like original, because they didn't change much for the tone. But I won't agree for calling them as the fake ZONE..
I hate those Haters.... RAWR Onion

Lets have a signature campaign and put all those haters in jail!!! Rage
Is that legal?? Onion Kill?

>tomotomo-ish-da-besh-for-tomo<
Back to top Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
chill chill ~ no flames guys xD we don't want this topic closed ayt? xD

i just wanna know your opinions Happy)

bout the issue and sony... :D

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
since i didn't really know zone before scandal covered their songs.i guess i don't have the right to say anything regarding them.but i do agree that,in my opinion,sony has kind of made scandal a bit different from what they actually were.
and by that i mean preferring the space ranger.doll.koi moyou era to the shoujo s ones.
i just liked scandal before,when they were still indie artist
well that's just my opinion,please don't beat me up for it White Flag

Back to top Go down

tomotomo

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
oh., sorry for the Yuu-san..

Onion Depress but.... but..... but..... but...

Ok its the opinion of those Japanese fan right?

Lets take SCANDAL here in Philippines.. We'll take care of them.. Onion Love

>tomotomo-ish-da-besh-for-tomo<
Back to top Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
@rock chick

lol ~ no one would beat you for that xD if there are some, i won't let them Chest Tap

@tomotomo

lol ~ just the opinion of some japanese..

the one who wrote it is a japanese scandal fan ~

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Plutonium

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
There's always two sides to everything, if not, more. Everyone will like things, everyone will hate things. It's not like we can stop them from liking something. If this was just one persons' opinion on youtube, let him be. We can't take a small quote and blow it out of proportion. I'm sure there's an even larger majority of people that disagree with that statement in Japan, but he's making it sound like his opinion is fact since he lives in there, and we don't.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2012 SCANDAL HEAVEN.