asagi132

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://asagi132.wordpress.com/
As a ZONE fan, I can say I partly agree with that statement...
At first, I really won't mind if they covered secret base at all, hoping that they probably would create a re-make just like they did with Yumemiru Tsubasa...
I was disappointed that not much was changed compared to the original secret base...
Therefore, I listen to this cover only once and don't plan on listening it again... (lol, sorry guys, I'm a ZONE fan for these things Tongue)

BUT, as a SCANDAL fan, I can say that SCANDAL is NOT trying to be ZONE! (At least not for now)
Well, we can never know what actually happened behind the scene...
But if we look at SCANDAL's point of view, they see ZONE as their senior, and I believe they see ZONE as a band they looking up to, that's all...
When japanese people talk about girl band, they think of ZONE, there's nothing wrong for SCANDAL to aim for such popularity as well, in fact, it's very normal...
Furthermore, the main reason why SCANDAL was doing cover of secret base is because they want to explore more in the world of music, equals it's nothing like any SCANDAL's songs, equals SCANDAL is different than ZONE...

Fake ZONE?
Nah...
SCANDAL hasn't gone to a level that deserved to be called a fake ZONE, believe me I know... (ZONE is still better, lol)
They just have the same formation, that's all...
If they still persist that SCANDAL is a fake ZONE, then they should say the same about Stereopony, Chatmonchy, and Shounen Knife... (those three have exactly the same formation with the others LOL )

I'm a fan of both bands, I love their songs, I love the members LOVE I love both of them...
And I prefer ZONE's secret base than SCANDAL's, the solution? Simple, I don't listen to SCANDAL version...
Why does people makes big commotion about such a simple matter? Tsk Tsk Tsk

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

GC.

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I understand why some people think this and with SCANDAL covering secret base, it has angered more people.
We can't change what other people think and us as fans just have to put up with it.
Yes it makes us unhappy to hear these things but this is how life is, you can't get everyone to agree.
The most we can do is to keep supporting them.

Back to top Go down

~Haruna=Baby~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://HarunaBaby.deviantart.com
Lol FAKE ZONE?! I cant believe this.

Come on man! We all know that SCANDAL has their own style. Covering ZONE proves that SCANDAL has the talent to sing different genre of song. So, what do the fans have the right to say that?! Sad, Sad, Sad....................

And the SONY part, i cant agree more that Sony made SCANDAL " too productive".....
Sony company just trying to do their job---making the artist as popular as possible.

So, chill out.
SCANDAL IS STILL SCANDAL NO MATTER WHAT..............

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

SCANDAL = PERFECT
Back to top Go down

Vallerie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.fanfiction.net/~noirheart
What? SCANDAL = fake ZONE? OMG! I've heard that scandal was very identical with Zone, long before they have covered Secret Base. But i never thought that ppl in japan would think like that. SCANDAL is SCANDAL, and ZONE is ZONE. Scandal have been striving hard from real nothing to something, and they have unique style of playing their own music, not just copying ZONE. And what differs them from ZONE is, SCANDAL keeps sticking together even after all of them have graduated from high school.

Back to top Go down

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!!

fake ZONE???are they stupid or what???can't they see the difference between SCANDAL and ZONE???gurarararara!!!

Heso...!!!

Hehee Hehee

Back to top Go down

asuna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://thebudgetgeek.blogspot.com
its a natural reaction to want to compare a new artiste with a more established one, especially when they look and sound similar
I mean, how much of a difference can you go when it comes to pop/rock?
when you're trying to appeal to the mainstream masses, there isn't much room to try something different

it's common practice for artistes nowadays to do covers of popular songs by older artistes that have left the industry. ZONE has already disbanded so i don't see the big hoo ha. IMO their fans should treat it as a tribute to ZONE, not as an attempt to copy or even become another ZONE.

if you were a member of ZONE, and you hear a popular upcoming group do a great cover of one of your songs, wouldn't you feel proud?

Back to top Go down

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Like asuna said,if i wrote a song and some band (and this band is SCANDAL we're talking about) deemed it worthy enough to cover it,i'd be real pleased.But it's not Zone making noise here,it's their fans.SCANDAL said that they were opening up to new genres,and since they didn't really do really emotional songs before,a cover's a step on the right path.It gives you inspiration on how to enter that sort of thing.I dunno what's the problem here,it's like extremists' views,one can only exist while the other can't.It's just a cover,for heaven's sake.I'd be trying to be like YUI,SCANDAL,Nirvana,Green Day,Oasis all at once because i model my sounds after them and cover their songs?Gimme a break.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

lamevil

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
gosh... this is making me sad again...=(

from my point of view, yes, i'm quite shocked to hear that miyu was very similar to haruna's voice, but it doesn't mean that its coping ZONE right?

and i don't think their song isn't admitting defeat or whatever thing they are saying =.= i mean, singing of other band's song also means they love and respect this band or singer right? i mean, how can they say such things! f*** =.= i can't understand why ppl just picks on ppl. Just because they sound alike, or they do things that are similar to another, they flame them =.= sorry if i sound rude...but i'm really not in the mood today...=.=

Back to top Go down

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
covering SB shows how flexible they are. if you/they think Scandal has gone a bit softer lately well I suggest you/they should watch Beck esp when Ryouske played the song dedicated for Maho. well ALMOST all bands everywhere does change their tempo sometimes, it just happened that Scandal did SB a bit harder compared to Zone's which I THINK Zone's fans were annoyed because of this slow rock-ish version they made.

Here's a comparison. personally I love MYMP(if youre from Phil you probably know them) because of their soulful acoustic style, but when they changed from being 3man band to a full one, I hated their songs. now think of MYMP as Zone then suddenly you hear one of their songs being covered with a slight touch of rock. xD

Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://chris87.multiply.com
I dunno whether to laugh at this issue or dismiss it entirely, because some of it is true.
Look, the comparisons between ZONE and our girls @ SCANDAL are going to continue no matter what and I'm not surprised if SCANDAL was influenced by ZONE. But let's think of them covering ~secret base~ as a tribute to their idols and not as a cheap tactic by Sony to cash in on ZONE's legacy and cheapen SCANDAL's reputation to sell a few records all in the name of corporate greed.
But, I agree with the "Sony turning SCANDAL plastic" debacle. If you watched the Doll PV, you'd notice a few details which do in fact show signs of Sony trying to turn them into mere pop idols, even going so far as to market them as a "Idol Rock Band" and selling merchandise with their faces on them and commercial endorsements and product placements.
But truth is, SCANDAL is no mere ordinary all-girl rock band; they write their own songs (especially Tomo, who does most of the songwriting) and they showcase their own personalities and they present as being who they are as real people and that's why we connect with them in more ways than one and why we love them. But at the same time, they've become complacent and naive about the ways of the music industry, preferring to ride their wave of newfound popularity and recognition and playing their songs all the while unaware of how their image is being "reinvented" with every release, what uniforms are they gonna wear next, interviews and talk shows, ridiculous dancing theatrics that need not be done etc. It's sad that Haru, Tomo, Rina and Mami are being dictated about their image and music ("Yumemiru Tsubasa" and even to some extent "Shoujo S" anyone?), the only freedom they ever receive musically is playing in front of their "family" (adoring fans) where they truly are believable and real. They're still young girls, and I'm afraid that they might enter a situation like the Runaways did back in the '70s at the peak of their popularity.

Back to top Go down

dannialves

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
C'mon this is ridiculos... I mean, comparisons are normal, ppl always do it ._. even I hate,
but ''Fake ZONE''? They can remember ZONE a little since some songs, but they have their own style of songs and stuff,
is not fair to compare them. I think ZONE's fan can don't like the cover, but not say smth like that even if they feel sad for the end of the band... Man, SCANDAL is SCANDAL Cool

and about Sony? I don't know, as a YUI fan, I have smth against Sony... but will be allright if they don't force SCANDAL to do smth they don't want to xD

I just love SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

hamatori

Caless Student
Caless Student
sad news, but doesn't concern me too much.
As they say:
I My me, Atashi wa atashi, Anata wa anata
U You're you, Anata wa anata, Atashi wa atashi
-koshi-tantan...

Back to top Go down

yuizone

Caless Student
Caless Student
i too lazy to read all post Clap . no one compare to zone for sure.

sony cant do any fake zone, because zone is zone. zone are t m m t .

i have listen to secert base , i dont say " scandal destroy zone s song "

if sony really want new fake zone , they will not allow the lead-singer of scandal sing that way .

no way , that is not secret base s zone anymore .

it is secret base by scandal. u can feel it . easy ?

i dont need to say i like it or not .

i dont blame sony too, every band change thier style every day..

everybody grow up and change everyday.

do you every heard this song from zone ?

can u belive this is zone s song ?

Back to top Go down

fuyuhii

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OMG.
Just signed in after so long and I see THIS?!

I dunno whether to feel angry, sad or happy now.
But all I can say is SCANDAL is SCANDAL.
They're the girls we love and it'll never change.

Scandal-l0ve TheGazettE-l0ve((:
Back to top Go down

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SCANDAL will always be SCANDAL not as some fake band cover Punches

“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

alrick13

I do believe everything is better if we have more option to choose from.

I can't see the conflict of Scandal Covering Secret Base hurting Zone's Legacy. If you are a die hard Zone fan and pissed with Scandals version then go listen to the original version. But for us who appreciate both, it is better since we have more option to choose from.

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Rokuken

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, I think that the person who didn't like it was a HUGE fan of Zone. He's really just pissed off since he's a die-hard Zone fan. I mean c'mon, it's really ok to admire a certain artist to the bottom of his heart(like me about SCANDAL). Cool I mean, I totally know how he feels when comparing to bands together(and the other would be his favorite) But, He shouldn't talk trash and ruin the name of the other.

Back to top Go down

mihawk

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://tomo-p.tumblr.com/
haters are part of becoming famous.. especially now they're becoming mainstream like..

Back to top Go down

yuizone

Caless Student
Caless Student
if somebody dont like scandal

i dont think it is mean that they hate scandal anymore .

Back to top Go down

~RHEN~

International Performer
International Performer
i agree with what mihawk said..having some haters and being compared with other bands is normal now that they are becoming more popular.. Smile

ZONE'S SB is good and so is SCANDAL's.. i tried playing those 2 songs at the same time and you will notice that haruna's and miyu's voice are a little bit the same..(but its good try it) Nice One SCANDAL's version doesn't have an original touch especially on the way they played it which i think is good.. they didn't ruin the song..

sorry if it will sound biased. but IMO.. SCANDAL's music is better than ZONE's UHUH!

I used to think that being LAZY was bad for me.. so i gave up THINKING
Back to top Go down

alrick13

I wonder how we will react in the future if an upcoming band cover Scandal's songs...

Personally if a Filipino artist will cover it, get their tune or Tagalize it (singing the song in Filipino) will make me annoyed as hell. One of the songs that annyos me the most is "I Believe" from My Sassy Girl" imagine two Tagalize versions....

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
noooooooooooooo!! that would be.. ugh xD

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
noooooo!!!~..no one should tagalize SCANDAL's songs Rage

Back to top Go down

ren-00

Caless Student
Caless Student
If someone does that, I"m gonna file an injunction and temporary restraining order with the Supreme Court for such derogatory act! Knuckles

Back to top Go down

~RHEN~

International Performer
International Performer
well, if that happens.. we're here to kill him/her/them.. Punches

I used to think that being LAZY was bad for me.. so i gave up THINKING
Back to top Go down