raei96

Caless Student
Caless Student
Plutonium wrote:There's always two sides to everything, if not, more. Everyone will like things, everyone will hate things. It's not like we can stop them from liking something. If this was just one persons' opinion on youtube, let him be. We can't take a small quote and blow it out of proportion. I'm sure there's an even larger majority of people that disagree with that statement in Japan, but he's making it sound like his opinion is fact since he lives in there, and we don't.

i agree with you

Back to top Go down

berserk

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i know zone after scandal cover their song, but undoubtfully i like the later one more Onion Love Love

Back to top Go down

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
Nooooooo~!If they tagalize SCANDAL's songs~i'll rip their heads off~! Nani?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

vincendadiaz

International Performer
International Performer
I'll protect scandal no matter what it cost Nani?

I'll burn them till nothing left "roy mustang"

Back to top Go down

serofax

Caless Student
Caless Student
just thought i'd leave a note...

couple years back, i was a HUGE fan of Zone. Managed to collect almost all of their songs (only for my hd to crash =.= ). Only until recently i came across SCANDAL and grew a liking to them immediately.

but as a ZONE fan, listening to SCANDAL did not remind me of ZONE. THeir music, like many here hv commented, is different, probably most distinctively their pace.

However, to all SCANDAL fans, if you love SCANDAL (obviously!), you should look up ZONE, hopefully can still find some of their songs around the net/stores. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy them as well. Slower tunes, but catchy nonetheless Happy

P.s. SCANDAL are way better looking tho hahaha

Back to top Go down

alrick13

I agree, watched some old lives of ZONE I just don't get their outfits / costumes,
and also ZONE fans should thank SCANDAL for covering their song because it can lead curios listeners to be introduce to ZONE. I my self have no prior knowledge of ZONE I only got to know them because of SCANDAL covering Secret Base.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Nah, ZONE doesn't need to thank SCANDAL...

ZONE is long gone and it was their choice to disband, so meaning they just wanted to move on and leave the legacy as it stood... I think Miyu is the only member still making music to this day, so she wouldn't want new fans to be like, "Oh! You're Miyu Nagase from ZONE right?", it hurts the ego a bit... ZONE is ZONE and SCANDAL is SCANDAL, no comparison in the two... You have to enjoy both as individuals....

(From reading the past responses, I think Yuu and Asagi explained both ends the best, read back on it...)

Similarities are there, but the styles are way different because of the current trends... Noted on the clothing too... HA HA! So even if Sony is using SCANDAL as another ZONE, it's not the same because they're filling a voided artist spot and utilizing all sorts of tech and imagery of today's trends that they couldn't use on ZONE back then... SCANDAL is unique to ZONE...

Hardcore ZONE fans will forever regard SCANDAL as another ZONE, but those are the manic fans who can't let go of anything... Remember that the Japanese mindset is different, so you'll always get negativity between comparing two similar groups... That's just it though, a hardcore fans will never admit defeat and forever defend their choices...

Likewise, hardcore SCANDAL fans won't accept the fact that ZONE was a better band and vice versa...

I thought it was nice that SCANDAL covered Secret Base because I thought to myself, "Oh wow, SCANDAL is paying tribute to ZONE! I love this song!"... Covers are always nice to hear, as long as it's not butchered, so I like how they retained how the song was sung and played... Here in the States, if a well known band does a cover of an old song, they'll be praised more for "remembering the roots" by the masses, than ridiculed by hardcore fans of the original... (Hence, remember what I said about butchering a song, it applies to anything...)

It's ironic because you have groups like Dir En Grey, L'arcenCiel, Gackt, etc. in Japan, yet no one complains about that...

"Heh, sorry for the long post, but you know I'm a big ZONE fan and missed out on this topic when it was first posted..."

"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
"Don't be sad if other people are saying things about you. Remember: If you're not worth anything, they wouldn't bother."

I can't remember where I read this quote, but it does suit the topic.

Well, in my opinion, maybe some ZONE's fan are alarmed that "some band" are stepping up and they can't accept the idea that "this band" might actually replace ZONE's legacy, which can really happen right? Nothing's permanent, they should accept that. Why can't they be happy that their country is producing more and more talented bands besides ZONE? And look at SCANDAL, how could they say that they're "FAKE ZONE"??? Their music genre alone shows their big difference. SCANDAL's cover of SB shows how versatile the band is, and they are good at what they're doing. (Try to imagine ZONE covering a rock song, better imagine it's Shunkan, and tell me if it's good or bad. Well, I only heard a few songs of ZONE so I can't really try this heheheh) And I can't find any girlband today who can perform live as SUGOI as SCANDAL!

And as for SONY, we'll never know what their true plans are. But, by the looks of it, the girls are having fun at what they're doing so we can't really go Rage about SONY's management..

And oh! I forgot I hated SONY for this: NOT GIVING SCANDAL A BREAK!

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

~Jae~

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
WTH.... SCANDAL being plastic no way.. they have their own style.. they just cover the SB because they are a fan of the band... even other bands do some cover.. Like New Found Glory for example Nice One

Back to top Go down

alrick13

Even if ZONE is disbanded some of their materials are for sale and they are entitled to claim royalties... Scandal covering them may encourage new listeners to buy it ...

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Goldenarms

International Performer
International Performer
d3nise wrote:Nooooooo~!If they tagalize SCANDAL's songs~i'll rip their heads off~! Nani?

waaaaaaaaaaaaa WTF! yeah if they try to do that im going to kill them by my own hands Onion Kill? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Onion Wahaha

Haruna Makes My World Go Round
Back to top Go down

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I still like their songs and long time ago I stopped caring what Japanese people think about stuff Europeans like.

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒ DeviantART ♒ Tumblr ♒ MyAnimeList ♒ Last.fm 

♒ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

RP

International Performer
International Performer
branded as fake zone?i think it was all emotion based. cause we all know that secret base was zone's last set (as in) and that song still hold the emotion of that performance. like you do not want someone else to use the things left to you by someone dear to you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

mohka

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think whats more important is to like what you like and F care all those who oppose. haha
You don't Like Scandal? Then F off!!

Back to top Go down