The next DVD of SCANDAL?
Posted on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:30 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Discussion started here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New thread to not get more offtopic and so everyone can share his opinion.

Basically, some fans hope that we get a DVD out of this tour so we get to see the new songs live. Other fans don't believe SCANDAL will do this.

Here is my last message quoted to express my opinion on why I think they will release a DVD from this tour :

Honestly it's not because they didn't do it in the past that they can't do a DVD like that now. I mean if you think like that, then a band will never evolve or try different things.

Also it's not because you release 2 DVD from Budokan/OJH that suddenly you can't release a DVD from a small tour.

You seem to say that now they have to wait for a even bigger event to release a DVD. We already know now that there is no huge event planned in the next months and it also takes time to do a DVD and edit it and sell it. So if they don't do a DVD from this tour then it's simple only 2 solutions :
1- There will be no more DVD for a loooooooong time
2- There will be a DVD but something with "old" stuff/performances/festival/documentary/interview/etc.

STANDARD will be their best selling album (normal album, not BEST) and it seems that the promotion was bigger than in the past. I cannot believe that they won't release a DVD in the next months, it doesn't make sense.

There were 11 months between Budokan and OJH DVDs release and with no news from a huge event currently they don't have many options. So logically a DVD from the tour that contains new material from the new heavy promoted album makes sense to me.

Sure they don't have to... But if they don't do that when and what will be the next DVD? Ok maybe... maybe a huge announcement is coming very soon, something like "SCANDAL will be performing in this huge stadium in July!". Then add a few months for DVD and you will still get a DVD for 2014. Could happen but with the timing it means there will be a long time to wait.

I mean to me it just seem so logical to release a DVD from this tour : new DVD for sales that contains their new songs. They heavily promoted the album and it's doing very well so now do the tour and sell the DVD.

Also a DVD would probably cost much less to do for this tour then it was for Budokan/OJH.
So what do YOU think will be the next DVD of SCANDAL? Why? When?

Discuss.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: The next DVD of SCANDAL?
Posted on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:11 pm

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
I think they will release a DVD. This tour is part of the promotion of the album. It will be logic there is a DVD.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:54 pm

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
winchesterkami wrote:I think they will release a DVD. This tour is part of the promotion of the album. It will be logic there is a DVD.
Well, that's why I think that, they aren't going to release a DVD soon: It's just a promotion tour.

Yeah, they did it before, but that was because they were starting...
Now, DVD are made for bigger events as HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo said. But, I don't think we are gonna to wait so much, I mean, Budokan at 2012, OJH at 2013, in 2014 there it will be another huge event.

But DVDs are just for their best performances.

"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, I think that they could go either way. Yes, the tour is promotion for the album, but so is every tour. They released two DVDs of their tours, and in 2010, although it was only their second era, they had already been out for two years. STANDARD is a very high selling album, and that alone is a great reason to sell the DVD of the tour. I think that the fact that it's promotion has nothing to do with anything. It's all up to the girls and their manager.

To say that they're saving it for something bigger for the year is valid, but not enough. 2012 was Budokan; 2013 was OJH. Other than that, there was nothing really specially released like these two. In 2011, there was no tour DVD and no big event. 2010 was TEMPTATION BOX, and 2009 was BEST SCANDAL( although I don't think that it was exactly released then.) The point is, there could be, no, there are various unknown reasons for SCANDAL not releasing DVDs. I don't think that because it's simply promotion is enough to say no, I don't think saying that they're saving up for something bigger is enough to say no; I don't think that you can say yes because it's promotion, or yes that it's their best selling studio album that's not a special collection album (although that's a very likely reason).

So, while I would absolutely love a DVD of this tour, I'm not saying that it's likely or unlikely. It could definitely go either way.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:36 am

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't think they'll release a DVD for this tour, but I could defanitly be wrong... -I hope I am wrong because I want a DVD of the tour Smile  I don't think they'll make a DVD because this tour isn't a huge one like Budokan...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:19 am

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MamiSoul wrote:I don't think they'll release a DVD for this tour, but I could defanitly be wrong... -I hope I am wrong because I want a DVD of the tour Smile  I don't think they'll make a DVD because this tour isn't a huge one like Budokan...
Maybe, they'll make "backstage vid", and show it at a TV program...
But, a video on their blog, would be great! Whatever, they always do a backstage vid...

"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:23 am

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't think a DVD for the tour is very likely. They usually only release DVDs for major live events and not for smaller promotional tours like this one is. As much as I'd love to see a DVD for the tour since I really want to see the songs performed live, I don't think there's a very high chance of that happening. :c I think the best we could hope for is them broadcasting some of the songs on TV as maybe part of a show or something. :3

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:13 am

jrld

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://last.fm/user/jrldsng
Maybe they will do a digest movie like before. 
But I'm hoping for a DVD of this tour, because I'd like to see songs from STANDARD live.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:51 pm

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
jrld wrote:Maybe they will do a digest movie like before. 
But I'm hoping for a DVD of this tour, because I'd like to see songs from STANDARD live.
Yeah :I Me too...
I wanna to see Hachigatsu, Metronome and Standard in a live, but, I can't found it Wew

"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down