Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:01 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL will perform at the Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival 2014 alongside with Kimaguren and MONKEY MAJIK on June 1, 2014.

DATE: June 1, 2014 [Sun]
VENUE: Hawaii, Oahu, Honolulu, Waikiki Beach "Sunset on the Beach"
LINEUP: kimaguren, SCANDAL, MONKEY MAJIK

http://hnlekiden.jp/music.html

SCANDAL's message:

We perform lives all year round.
Because we'd like to expand our range of activities not just within Japan but outside of it as well, we are very happy that we are able to play a live in Hawaii as one of them!
We believe that our performance at this event will be an opportunity for our music to cross borders and have it reach many people.
Hawaii is also a place that we wanted to go during our own time, so being able to do a live in Hawaii is something we're really looking forward to!!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

FUDGE?! YESSSSSSSS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HOW LONG!!!!!!!! I"M GOING NO QUESTIONS ASKED! SCANDAL YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! THIS HAS MADE MY DAY!

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:22 pm

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
YES YES YES!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hawaii fan wrote:FUDGE?! YESSSSSSSS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HOW LONG!!!!!!!! I"M GOING NO QUESTIONS ASKED! SCANDAL YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! THIS HAS MADE MY DAY!
HAHAHA relevant username!!!

I am totally there, see you guys on June!

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Woooo! I'm there also! Gonna be the first time flying over the Pacific!

"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi
I race for your love, shake and bake, Ricky bobby"

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:48 pm

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I'm going home!!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:28 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Wow, did not expect that their next trip to the US would be to Hawaii. I was expecting the mainland. Now I'll need to look into taking a vacation to Hawaii next summer...

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:54 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This is great news and I'm really happy for all you folks who are planning to go. It'll be awesome! So go out there and enjoy when June comes around!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:26 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Wow Hawaii, really surprised but I think it's awesome for them and the fans! A long time to wait but it will be awesome for everyone Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:23 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Just to correct the information, the actual performance date is sunday June 1. 

@topic i had high hopes they would come because they expressed interest in coming so now that after 4 years of waiting they have finally planned to come! 

i believe the event is free so saves everyone a little money because this past year in may it was a free event and occurred after the race.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2282749210

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:24 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Free? That's a good news for all of you who planned to go there! .clap. 

Was this event also on TV or streamed?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
from what i know they don't have it streamed or on tv so most likely they will not show it, they may show the race but thats about it. unless they change it at some point in time. most likely they will not change it.

if anyone wants to see them at the airport i'll be going, based off their tweets i'll have a general idea when they'll come in, and everyone comes out of the same terminal for international arrivals so we won't have to be running around looking for the right terminal. just a thought if anyone was interested.

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:18 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I think a lot of us from LA + a few other places in the US will be heading out there if all works out okay, so of course we're also down to try and welcome the band at the airport. We've had experience with welcoming them when they came here to LA for AM2 after all, haha.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Looks like I'll be trying to plan a trip to Hawaii next summer. ;3

I'm really surprised they're going to Hawaii, it seems like a pretty interesting place for an international band to come to.
I'm really happy to see them coming back to the U.S. Maybe they'll do more shows in the U.S in the coming years. c: A girl can hope lol >v<

A plane ticket to Honolulu isn't all that much, is it? I mean, in comparison to other places at least lol. I only glanced at one of the websites briefly but it looks like it's definitely not as much as I thought it'd be, so maybe there's a chance I could afford it by the time it comes around. I'm more worried about affording the hotel fare since I know how much hotels enjoy ripping people off when festivals are in town. >.<

Ah~ finding the money is going to be so hard but I really want to see them this time. Guess I'll have to do some planning and saving. c:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:46 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I will be in Japan in June T^T Anyway, I can't go to Hawaii cause of my classes
Have a nice Live guys :D

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:38 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Damn it, I won't be available in June...If only they made it July 1st, they would be perrrfect...Sad

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
@Airi-chan that depends on what airline you decide to fly with. the one that i prefer to fly with when going back and forth between the mainland and Honolulu is Hawaiian. that's personal preference for me. usually Hawaiian has deals going on before the peak of summer so about may is when prices are pretty low, near the $300 mark one way compared to mid june, july where prices slightly jump up because thats when all the Japanese tourists really come is during june, july. it would be wise to buy tickets early because the deals end at a certain point. however there are other airlines that would work as well but whenever i check they have slightly higher prices than Hawaiian.

Last edited by Hawaii fan on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:46 am

Gaiachong

Gaiachong

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wau finally Scandal had made themself to the western. Just like this year they said want to go Europe country for tour live! This is one of the success for them ! Very happy to see this news and very happy for you all that going to meet them.nice. . Have fun and LOVE SCANDAL!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:58 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ah congrats American fans!!! Hope you have a blast again this time~

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:37 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Put me down for a seat. /smug 

All the more better if this turns out to be a free show because that only leaves airfare, hotel, and food costs.  I did a quick quote on Orbitz and came up with:

Depart San Diego -> Honolulu : May 30 - June 2
$500'ish for flight only
$800+ for flight and hotel

It's only a few dollars difference from a LAX departure but anyone further East should really think about booking their flights now before prices skyrocket. Hence if it's a free show, that's all you'll have to worry about.

If I get the hotel package, I wouldn't mind people bunking in or couch crashing if you're strapped for cash but I have a 6-9 month work project coming up so I can only speculate my attendance at the moment.  Count me in as "last minute" if anything.

Regardless, this show is gunna rock! Gorgeous sands of Hawaii + SCANDAL = Perfection! And with the beautiful locals running around, that's a bonus to it all! Love Struck

@ Hawaii Fan: What race precedes the concert? Better yet, any facts/tips/etc. you can give us if you've been to this event in the past?

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bigOeyez wrote:What race precedes the concert? Better yet, any facts/tips/etc. you can give us if you've been to this event in the past?
I'm not Hawaii fan, but I can answer about the race Tongue An "ekiden" (short for "ekidenkyousou") is basically a long-distance relay race.

The modern Ekiden is a type of popular long distance relay race held all over Japan. Origins of the sport date back to when a messenger would deliver a messenger to messenger until it reaches its final destination.

The sport emphasizes individual perseverance as well as unity of group.

Although there are now other methods to deliver a message, the tradition of Ekiden remains through the sport. Honolulu Ekiden and Music would like to “pass-on” this tradition in hopes to strengthen ties by sharing part of Japan’s culture.

This is the first Ekiden of its kind outside of Japan.

http://hnlekiden.com/
The first annual Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival was held on May 12, 2013.

Certified by the USATF the course consists of six different sections; the course totals 42.195 km/26 miles.

Starting at the base of Diamond Head at Kapiolani Park, the course progresses eastward along the coast and winds past Hanauma Bay wiith a turnaround point at Sandy Beach Park.

A maximum number of six (6) runners may participate on a team. For teams with less than six members, a runner or runners may run more than one section consecutively. Individual runners are also welcome to participate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekiden#Ekiden_outside_of_Japan

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
Haha guiltyeyes answered for me. but some interesting facts about the event is that:

-artists may run. this past year members from Aqua Timez and Kimaguren ran the course for fun. it's not guaranteed the participating artists this upcoming year will do the same but it's an option.

-for reference, the time frame for each artist performance this past year was about 35 minutes each. again not guaranteed it's going to be the same time frame this upcoming year, they may or may not increase it.

these facts were taken from the previous ekiden information. you can find it on the Japanese website since the english one hasn't been updated yet.

also because this is a pretty big event (since they close a lot of roads for the runners, traffic is horrible. i hated it last year because it took us longer to get to a lot of places) i would suggest not taking cars if you decide to use rental cars or something. parking sucks in my opinion because you get charged ridiculously per hour especially at the hotels.

walking around isn't that bad so since the event will be in Waikiki there's plenty to do so you won't be bored. get plenty places to eat too.

Last edited by Hawaii fan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I see a registration button for runners! WoOoO! 26mi split between 6 people is easy as pie. *hint hint* But it looks like the registration prices doubled for this year? Thinking 

It'd be freakin awesome if SCANDAL joined the race because that'd pit SH vs SCANDAL vs Hawaii and the many other fans coming in.  As much love and respect I have for SCANDAL... I'd have to leave them in the dust when it comes down to the race. HA HA!

That's good info though. Probably another thing to keep in mind to make most of the festival. Happy

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:53 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Hawaii Fan
Thank you for the advice. ^^
The Hawaiian Airlines one was actually the one I had looked at... I don't really know of any other airlines that go to Hawaii since I don't fly very often. But they seem like a fairly good option from what I can see.

Now the only problem is money.
The things SCANDAL convinces me to spend money on. xD

The race part of it sounds really interesting. :o I don't think I'd take part in it though, running is not my thing lol. But it should be neat to watch. c:

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Woah! It would be awesome to see SCANDAL do the race thing haha! I'm soo down to do the race thing, time to start conditioning lol Tongue!

"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi
I race for your love, shake and bake, Ricky bobby"

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.