Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
Posted Tue May 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
thought I bump this thread and I will post this in the fan tour meeting thread as well.

so now that the event is about 3 weeks away.( holy crap that was fast) I was beginning to look closely at potential flights that might be the one SCANDAL is on. I am wondering about everyones opinions on it because I am trying to get away from work in order to greet them.

there are a lot of airlines that fly from japan from both kansai, haneda, narita and I think either Hokkaido or sendai cant remember but those are the airports that usually come to Hawaii.

so I was looking at the ekiden site and since Hawaiian is a sponsor i'm thinking they could potentially fly with Hawaiian, however I also was looking at the his tour site for the fan meeting and saw that there were three airports that the tour listed as places to leave from.

those would be narita, haneda and kansai. Hawaiian does not fly to narita so that leaves Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Korean Air, for narita. flight arrivals are about 7:30 to 9:30am

for haneda Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Hawaiian Airlines are listed as possibilities flight arrivals for most airlines flying from haneda are about 11am to 12pm ish

for kansai Japan Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines flight arrivals are about 10 to 11am ish

i'm just listing what his japan posted for the fan meeting tour. but also the ekiden is sponsored by Hawaiian I thought would put that in as well because they are listed twice from haneda and kansai for airlines for HIS.

so I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on it. i'm trying to narrow down the possibilities as much as possible even though it's still early yet however the weeks will go by and I do not know if the girls will be posting on twitter saying when their leaving.

so if possible leave your thoughts and comments.

PS just noticed that it makes no sense to fly from Osaka for them cuz that's farther than narita so it's between narita and haneda for flights coming in to Hawaii.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 2:26 am

Hawaii will be hit by the kawaii  ; )    they actually are probably not fully aware of the power of Scandal ,but their fans will lead the way for them. Congratulations girls, I hope you management can ensure this event will be well filmed, it will be a monument to their success. Mami , don't forget Jimi Hendrix played there, his last big show. you could honour him with a few of his riffs perhaps. Rock it out girls !

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 4:52 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
This is getting close!  Happy Onion  Onion Skipping 

I wonder if they will talk about it a lot in blogs/twitter during their travel/stay and post a lot of photos ^^ One part of me thinks yes because this is a special concert but one part of me thinks they will only make a blog when they come back. We will see  Onion Love 

Is there any official news about it being on TV live or later this summer or something?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 11:21 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
as far as my knowledge goes they won't be airing a tv version. it may appear on our local news for a brief moment just to talk about the event and then move on but other that not really.

however i did confirm with the Japanese music station we have in Hawaii that they will be interviewing SCANDAL after the ekiden on Jmorning, the segment on weekdays where listeners get to request songs for a 2 hour period from 7am to 9am on twitter. the dj told me that she will be interviewing them on the radio or something like that. i don't know the full details but that's what i've been told. so i'll probably be up early in the morning listening to the radio. haha

this event is so close and yet so far. lol 6 days feels like years.....it's been so long since i've seen SCANDAL live so it feels like ages. lol well i can't wait for them to come. gonna be an awesome show.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hawaii fan wrote:as far as my knowledge goes they won't be airing a tv version. it may appear on our local news for a brief moment just to talk about the event and then move on but other that not really.

however i did confirm with the Japanese music station we have in Hawaii that they will be interviewing SCANDAL after the ekiden on Jmorning, the segment on weekdays where listeners get to request songs for a 2 hour period from 7am to 9am on twitter. the dj told me that she will be interviewing them on the radio or something like that. i don't know the full details but that's what i've been told. so i'll probably be up early in the morning listening to the radio. haha

this event is so close and yet so far. lol 6 days feels like years.....it's been so long since i've seen SCANDAL live so it feels like ages. lol well i can't wait for them to come. gonna be an awesome show.

Thats awesome! I definitely want to listen to that interview as well! Maybe we can request... SCANDAL songs?  .smile.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 2:48 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ah, you must be the twitter user SCANDAL_HAWAII....I thought that your messages looked familiar....

Anyway, if nothing goes wrong, I should be able to attend the Ekiden live this Sunday.  I went to last year's event, and I was hoping that Kimaguren would invite SCANDAL to this year's one.  Heh heh, it seems like my tweet was one of those Rina mentioned in the ekiden commnet video...! When I heard that SCANDAL would be cheering on them runners, I kinda wanted to enter the race, but I don't have a team, and there's no way my body would hold up running the whole thing.  And so, I'll just attend the live part like last year.

Some information on the live.  If it's like last year, they'll have a metal fence surrounding the "premium area" that's in front of the stage.  The free attendees stand just outside of that.  Actually, you could stand just about anywhere as long as you're outside of the fence.  This may be a plus because Kurei from Kimaguren passed by my twice while I was outside.  If SCANDAL plays early (EMKE will open.), there's a chance one of the girls will pass right in front of you.  The ekiden T-shirt is needed for entry to the premium area as was stated previously.  There's a small gate you have to enter through. 

Also, if I remember correctly, last year's event was also broadcasted live on Nico Nama, but I don't know if that is planned this year.

Lastly, going by last year again, SCANDAL and MONKEY MAJIK are probably going to perform around 5 songs + any MC parts.   Rina said in the recent issue of Lighthouse magazine that they don't plan on changing how the live is handled from their Japan lives, so they can give the overseas fans a taste of how SCANDAL is.  She also mentioned that she wants to do the MC parts in english.  Another plus for overseas fans.  So, I was thinking maybe Taiyou Scandalous, DOLL, Satisfaction, Runner's high, Yoake no Ryusei-gun, and the J-MELO song, Your song as possible choices for the setlist.  The only reason I thought of the new songs as possibilities was beacause SCANDAL wanted to make this a special live since it's their first time in Hawaii.  We'll see, I guess....

Oh, here's a picture of that Lighthouse interview (Forgive me if this isn't allowed.  I'm still learning the ropes here.): 
SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 Scanda10

Last edited by MICHIO87 on Thu May 29, 2014 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 9:00 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Pardon me if I read it wrong but I thought Rina mentioned that they might play RAINY during the live at Hawaii. That's what I've been looking forward to at least XD Taiyou Scandalous and DOLL are definite musts. Would be awesome to hear the new Pokemon song, too! 

@MICHI087 Thanks so much for the information. Makes me feel better that I won't be running and will stand outside the fence aha. I must go early and flatten myself to that area then.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 4:35 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I doubt they will play Yoake no Ryuuseigun, it's still far away but who knows! No reason to play Satisfaction here I think. Well in the end they can do whatever they want! Happy

If it's 5 songs only they will surely play one of the classics DOLL/LOVE SURVIVE/Taiyou for sure or/and add an old anime song (Shoujo S/Shunkan/HARUKAZE) becasue it's the US. I think Rainy is a very strong candidate for that live as well as Departure (huge fan demand and latest single, no reason to not play it IMO). Awanai too. And then there are also the others STANDARD songs especially STANDARD maybe to finish the show (and a pure live song where fans can sing) or Kagen/Namida yo Hikare but for these two it's much more unlikely.

Yoake or Your Song would be a huge surprise IMO but they could surely do it to surprise the fans and make them happy. I just hope you guys are not going to be disappointed if you expect a song and they don't play it.

Also an MC in english, that's going to be so cute if they do it  .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 am

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/hnlekiden.hi#!/hnlekiden.hi/photos/a.1446364925580754.1073741828.1445563972327516/1482331768650736/
Thanks, I was thinking that they might play Departure and/or Rainy since they just released them, but Mami mentioned in a blog post I think, that she prays that a squall wouldn't show up for the live.  I thought that playing Rainy might jinx that in some way, especially since we just had a few thunderstorms this past weekend.  Well, nothing like that is forecasted for this weekend, so anything goes, I guess.  For some reason, Satisfaction popped into my head as a choice.  Yes, it's a great live song, but so are many others. Taiyou Scandalous seems perfect bacause they'll be playing under the "scandalous sun."
I don't know if they'll choose an anime song, though.  Aqua Timez didn't last year, opting for a few classics and some from their recent album.  I guess we'll see if SCANDAL goes a different route this year.  That said, I'll be happy with anything they choose.  Happy The only thing I'm expecting for sure is that it'll be a great live.  I'm sure the setlist will be amazing either way.

Ah, one more thing.  It seems that the next episode of J-MELO will air in Hawaii on NHK WORLD the same day as the ekiden.  I'm not sure for other areas because of the time zone changes.  SCANDAL are guests and will be introducing "Your song."  So, if you're in Hawaii for the live, you watch them on J-MELO and see them live in the same day!   

And, of course, as I started typing this, the Honolulu Ekiden TV CM played....

Some new information: Apparently, all of the music festival artists will make an apearance at the Honolulu Ekiden Expo on Saturday.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Korl971FmTodaysJPopHits/photos/np.125011594.100000359957832/661999967200121/

Passes for the music event will be sold at the expo for $10, allowing early access to the premium area at 3:45PM.
https://www.facebook.com/hnlekiden.hi#!/hnlekiden.hi/photos/a.1446364925580754.1073741828.1445563972327516/1482331768650736/

Last edited by MICHIO87 on Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error + New information)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 8:34 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for the info, Michio! I'll pass along the information to the rest of our group here in Hawaii.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:13 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL's performance at Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 is over! Their set was great, as usual.

Set list:

01. Satisfaction
02. Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY
03. Runners high
04. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
05. Departure
06. LOVE SURVIVE
07. DOLL

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
really great setlist ! It would be perfect with a Sunny day sunday lol

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 am

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, that was really fast with the setlist....Anyway, yeah, the live was great. I actually couldn't believe my picks were so close (kinda)...

Ah,@thoseguiltyeyes, were you the one in the Taiyou Scandalous cosplay? I think I might've seen you. I sure did see a lot of SCANDAL HEAVEN shirts around.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:18 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:15 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Amazing, amazing setlist for a short performance. The only way it could have been better, in my opinion, is with SCANDAL BABY.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:37 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Nice setlist indeed  Nice one 

But a bit surprised to see Satisfaction and Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY and not Rainy there (or Taiyou Scandalous =P). Well Rainy maybe doesn't suit Hawaii but it's still the b-side of their latest single and they said it's a live song where people can sing with them so I was almost sure they would play it in the US ^^

Did they do the MC in english? What did they talk about?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:49 am

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
GeoFreak wrote:Amazing, amazing setlist for a short performance. The only way it could have been better, in my opinion, is with SCANDAL BABY.
Quote,also Harukaze.
Pse somebody post any pictures of this concert,thanks in advance.

Unfortunatly Visit my little Youtube channel dedicated to SCANDAL is closed after 2 years,i wish to thanks all for the support.
Please Follow my new little YTube channel dedicated to SCANDAL ! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvp3QIOGIRc
Mio articolo in italiano sul blog di Desideri D'Oriente (Italian)
http://fabcollection.blogspot.it/2014/07/jmusic-le-scandal.html#more

SCANDAL simply the best band of the planet !
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:32 am

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^if I remember correctly, taking pictures are not allowed.. so yeah..

about the set-list hmm.. surprised they didn't do ShoujoS.. because bleach.. but no prob with that.

Agreed on Scandal Baby would make the show perfect.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:50 am

thelaughingman

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY and Satisfaction! They're both upbeat songs! I think 3 5 7 can be replaced with Scandal Baby, Taiyou Scandalous as you guys mentioned and probably harukaze.

I can't wait for full fan accounts and some pics of the meet and greet event with the girls!

btw, rina just posted on their blog and she mentioned yahoo weather predicted incorrectly. those things are a bit accurate most of the time. did she set it to display the hawaii weather correctly? i can't read japanese xD

random: you know how the right side of ameblo has the theme's list (or posts list) rina did 600+ posts which is 6x any of her member's post amount xD i like how she posts alot and answers questions from the fans

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:39 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
babaloued wrote:really great setlist ! It would be perfect with a Sunny day sunday lol

Lol I had hoped not. We were suffering greatly whenever the sun came out, but SCANDAL's concert started just at sunset, which was awesome.

[size=36]
[/size][size=24][b]HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo[/b][/size][size=36] wrote:[/size][size=37]Did they do the MC in english? What did they talk about?[/size][size=36]
[/size]

[size=36]They actually didn't. Haruna spoke entirely in Japanese. Btw, alot of us mentioned that she looked really lively and happy throughout![/size]

thelaughingman wrote:
[size=37]btw, rina just posted on their blog and she mentioned yahoo weather predicted incorrectly. those things are a bit accurate most of the time. did she set it to display the hawaii weather correctly? i can't read japanese xD[/size]

The thing is with Honolulu weather prediction is that they'll tell you it's sunny all day all week. Which is mostly true...but you'll get these random bouts of rain like a drizzle just before our concert and downpour at 11pm WHEN I WAS HEADING HOME -.- I think Rina might be referring to the latter when she got drenched like i did lol

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:04 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Entirely in Japan MC? Oh well. I thought maybe this was the perfect opportunity to do it a bit in english but I guess they (or HARU) don't feel comfortable to do it. You have to respect that but I feel they missed a nice opportunity here, it's not everyday they go play a live in the US.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Entirely in Japan MC? Oh well. I thought maybe this was the perfect opportunity to do it a bit in english but I guess they (or HARU) don't feel comfortable to do it. You have to respect that but I feel they missed a nice opportunity here, it's not everyday they go play a live in the US.

True, but geographically speaking, Hawaii is barely close to the US so I think Haruna deserves to be in the comfort spot for this one.

Previously known as HugoDisastersSCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Mati Saurus

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You  just can't speak the local leanguage in every country you visit, but it's like english, we're doing it all the time in here, very easy. Haru is the member who listens more to english speaking artists, I'm surprised that she didn't speak english. Anyway, I'm learning japanese, so one way or another, this ain't gonna be a problem in a while :p

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 V9BqnPG

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:37 pm

thelaughingman

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Entirely in Japan MC? Oh well. I thought maybe this was the perfect opportunity to do it a bit in english but I guess they (or HARU) don't feel comfortable to do it. You have to respect that but I feel they missed a nice opportunity here, it's not everyday they go play a live in the US.

well originally, the event was for japanese fans given complete accommodation in hawaii for the rest of the trip and that it's probably more comfortable to speak her local language. 

...or she probably practiced a bit of english but stuck to japanese at the last minute  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:25 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
OMG just finished the private meeting / acoustic. Could die right now a happy man.

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 6 61185
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.