Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
@Airi-chan there is alaska airlines, american, and united are also options to fly to Hawaii. usually it depends when prices will go up that i choose which airline to go with, but like i said buy tickets early so you don't get charged more later. just some suggestions in case you are strapped for money so a little more options for you if you can find cheaper flights over.  

@bigOeyez Yes prices have doubled. lol i'm not surprised. Hahaha if SCANDAL joined the race i would be cheering them on. i'll probably end up running it because i like to run so it shouldn't be too bad. haha

@topic i love how i'm in this topic a lot......lol guess my excitement shows how much i can't wait for SCANDAL to come. it'll be freaking awesome. my summer next year is going to be an epic one. it would be cool if they have another live like within the week or something since they are there. just a thought unless they have other stuff to do during that time like new singles or live house tour or something. they really know how to make a fan happy......cuz i'm a happy fan. lol

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 2 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 2 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 am

silkdog44

silkdog44

Caless Student
Caless Student
I live in Hawaii also so I'll be there.

For those that plan on coming, I've heard that if you participate in the relay, the area in front of the stage is reserved for the participants.

@Hawaii Fan Please keep us posted as I'd like to be there at the airport when they arrive. Hawaiian Airlines is one of the sponsors of the event. I'm guessing that there is a slight possibility that they may be on one of their flights. 

I haven't seen them in over a year and very excited to see them in our home.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:00 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@silkdog44 another Hawaii fan! haha to add to the point you mentioned: yes i believe that on the Japanese website it says that those who participate get automatic entry to the live first so the front of the stage is for those who participate. after that anyone may come and just join in on the fun. 

i will try to keep you guys updated, I'm not sure how well i'll be at doing that but i'll try my best as i have other things to attend to as well during the time they may come. possibly they may be on Hawaiian. who knows. we will find out when they come. 

i'm going to try and get a banner going, i'm not sure how well that will turn out but i'll try. if that doesn't work out, good old big posters. haha

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 2 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 2 2282749210

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, it says "entry" but not guaranteed front so I assume it's a first-come-first-served deal. (RUN FAST THEN!!!) It's not a competitive race so we should all register as runners if we can.  Yes we get first dibs at seating but it'll be a good bonding experience for everyone meeting for the first time. v^^

@ Hawaii Fan: The banner is a sure fire idea.  If the majority of us can arrive before or on time for their arrival, we can all give them a warm welcome together.  If you need any help/ideas with it, don't be afraid to ask any of us. Thumbs up

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 2 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:29 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I see you guys are already planning a lot of things .love. 

Would be fantastic if SCANDAL was in the race along side you guys .omg. .nosebleed.  But you shouldn't get your hopes too high I guess =P

If you get front seats for the race then I imagine a sudden increase in then numbers of runners .sweat. 

"Why are there so much more runners this year?! - Oh I don't know but they all have a shirt with SCANDAL on it"

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
@bigOeyez yes that is correct, it's a first come first serve but runners get priority over the general audience. For the banner that would be great. yeah i'm still working out the fine details in my head so if anyone had ideas of what to do for the poster that would be great. i'm not very artistic or making stuff look cool so please feel free to post suggestions. 

haha yeah it's just a fun race to bring Hawaii and Japan closer, however the winners, the one's who run the fastest win round trip tickets to Japan. that alone is enough for me. I've been dying to go back to Japan for awhile.

Last edited by Hawaii fan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:26 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Here's a message from SCANDAL that was posted on the Ekiden FB:

【A message from an artist performing at Honolulu Ekiden and Music Festival】
**SCANDAL**
We perform lives all year round.
Because we'd like to expand our range of activities not just within Japan but outside of it as well, we are very happy that we are able to play a live in Hawaii as one of them!
We believe that our performance at this event will be an opportunity for our music to cross borders and deliver it to many people.
Hawaii is also a place that we wanted to go during our own time, so being able to do a live in Hawaii is something we're really looking forward to!!

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
well that was a great comment! thanks for translating! i do remember Mami mentioning that if they could go anywhere with just the four of them they would come to Hawaii. haha i think this is great exposure for them as well, L~arc en ciel did it, they came to Hawaii once when they first started out and then came back to perform last year for their world tour. 

why does june have to be so far away? lol. it needs to be summer already. haha

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:00 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Hawaii Fan
Those prices for United Airlines. Dear lord. .wtf. 

Thank you for all the suggestions! I took a look at all of them and compared the prices. It seems like Hawaiian Airlines is the cheapest, although Alaskan Airlines is only a couple dollars more. I'll probably just stick to Hawaiian since they seem like the best option from what I could see. ^^

The fact runners get first entry and have a shot at a trip to Japan is tempting, but I don't think I'd be any use in it. I can barely run a mile without passing out sooo.... Probably better I just give you guys moral support for the sidelines. c:

I can try to help with anything that needs helping. ^^ The banner is a great idea! Although I'm pulling a blank on any ideas for it as well lol. Someone just has to get the ball rolling on an idea for it and the rest of us will probably have some ideas sparked soon. :3 I guess the first thing needing deciding is whether it would be better for the banner to be handmade or digitally made.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:55 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I hope they get some vacations days on Hawaii after the show if this is something they wanted to do! Would be great for them.

Probably too early but... How many songs does an artist play usually there? Are we talking about 2-3 songs? 7-8? or a whole setlist like 20 songs?

I hope they play a lot of songs for you guys .love. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:01 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
If each set is only about 35 minutes long, I would say that's about 5-6 songs or so.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:32 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
@topic yes i agree with guiltyeyes most likely they will only play about 5-6 songs. depends on the order of performance. if they happen to be last they may play 7 but that's really pushing it. this event only began this year so most likely the producers of this event are still playing around with the setups and what not before they settle on an official every year type of thing. heck i didn't even think they would continue the event because usually stuff like this doesn't last long unless it's very popular like the Rainbow Ekiden we have or the Honolulu marathon that everyone comes for. i think they are expecting a bit more people than this year because it was a great success. we will see when June comes along. 

it would be nice if they got some days off while there here, can go explore a little or something. 

@Airi-chan yeah united tends to be on the pricey side. i don't really fly with them because i find Hawaiian or alaska much more comfortable. the good thing about Hawaiian is that they provide a free meal coming over to Hawaii. i think they are one of the if not only airline that still serves meals on flights. they are very friendly and i usually enjoy my flights with them.

just be aware that if you do have a luggage bag or something by chance it's $25 per bag.

@topic i just had a rough idea of what i could put on the banner. i was thinking of the Hawaiian islands with SCANDAL coming over. idk i was playing around with it in my head but have yet to put it on paper

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:34 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well not that many songs but half an hour is still ok-ish, it's a mini setlist and at least they won't just play 2 songs and leave the stage. I wonder what their setlist will be at that time =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:04 am

silkdog44

silkdog44

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was thinking of getting leis, show them the "Aloha Spirit". We can present the leis saying that it's from all of us from SH. I'm not sure how hard it will be to give it to them, but I feel it's worth a try.

For those that greeted them at the airports, do they just wave and walk on by? Or do they stop and collect gifts? I'm just wondering what they are allowed to do.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:11 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

silkdog44 wrote:For those that greeted them at the airports, do they just wave and walk on by? Or do they stop and collect gifts? I'm just wondering what they are allowed to do.
They stopped and took a group picture or two when they went to Malaysia last December (forgot if they did it during their Asia tour this past March), but at LAX they pretty much just waved and walked by us. You can check out our experience starting from here (keep scrolling down + go to the following pages to see everything):

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t2977p760-am-convention-2011#199200

I think the leis are a good idea, and I'd say we might have a good chance at actually giving those to them: they might be too polite to actually decline them. Tongue

-----------------------------------------------

Maybe it's too soon to ask this just yet, but would anyone be down to do a SCANDAL group cosplay? Not just girls but guys too! haha. I think that'd be awesome if we could do one.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:59 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
i was thinking of doing the Lei's too because its just something i would do. lol graduations all you do is give lei's and receive. haha! 

i plan on presenting gifts to them and the staff at the airport. hopefully they won't mind besides the lei's i plan on giving them either.

we are gonna give the girls and staff the best welcome we can! summer why can't you be here yet?!

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh man, I want to go so badly, but it's so expensive for such a short show Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Maybe it's too soon to ask this just yet, but would anyone be down to do a SCANDAL group cosplay? Not just girls but guys too! haha. I think that'd be awesome if we could do one.
I'll try anything once but I warn you... I'm not too confident in how I look like in bloomers and a miniskirt.

HA HA! Yeah we should have backed you up all those times in the past but now is better than never.  Unisex outfits like "Over Drive", "STANDARD", etc., are easily done so those shouldn't be too hard to pull off.  Actually, the first thought that came to my mind was "Shunkan". Red thriller jacket, plaid shorts, high boots/hi-top chucks, ties, etc.  The only real change would just be miniskirt -> shorts so I don't see we couldn't. Same reasoning for other outfits.

"Aww... so nostalgic.  SCANDAL wearing ties. Love Struck"

@ Hawaii Fan: It wouldn't be a proper Hawaiian welcome without the leis! Go for it! Add a twist to it and write a small message like "Welcome 2 Hawaii! XOXO SCANDAL Heaven" or something like that. Just throwing out ideas.

For the banner, maybe incorporate the Honolulu Ekiden colors as well? (Shades of blue, yellow, white)  Not too long ago, SCANDAL posted up a pic of a SH banner when they performed in Singapore (correct?) so definitely put "SCANDAL Heaven", "SCANDAL", "Honolulu Ekiden 2014" to tie everything together.

It doesn't have to be laced with platinum & pearls so don't stress about it.  The event is more than half a year away.

@ Uldred: Come on, slide the credit card and hop on the bus!  This is pretty much the closest SCANDAL will get to the domestic US/Canada this year (*ahem* 2014) so it could be a long while til next time.  Regardless of the show length, you'll still be in Hawaii.  SCANDAL + Hawaii = Perfection! And we'll be there if that's adds on any incentive?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
@bigOeyez yeah that is true. the banner thing may not work once the event gets closer because i'll be occupied with other things. we shall see. if worse comes to worse posters!!!!! Posters are much easier to make and don't require a lot of extra work.

"You can go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:09 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
As we get closer to the date we will get a better idea of their activities leading up to their Hawaii live. This will affect our travel dates. I'm curious if this will be a working vacation for them. They might come a week earlier or stay a week later. It will be a shame if they can only come to Hawaii for a couple days. 

As Hawaii Fan says, we gotta do leis. I think a banner is essential too. We got a huge reaction from the AM2 banner so having one in Hawaii would be cool. It's never too early to start kicking around ideas. SH is a must. Hawaii theme is a must. E komo mai ("welcome" in Hawaiian) and Aloha nui loa (much love). Maybe a design like we had for Budokan with a giant Canta peering over Diamond Head?
@Hawaii Fan....Don't worry about the printing of the banner. I can take care of it here in LA.

From the pics of last years Ekiden it looks like there are metal fence barriers between the audience and stage. I'm sure we can work with the organizers and hang the banner on the barriers for the concert.

It seems runners get front stage access. There is a registration fee for groups of 6 since this is a relay run. Some of us are running and some of us would rather not. I would rather not but I'm more than willing to pay the reg fee to get closer to the stage.

Please post if you want to run or if you're with me and would rather not.

@Hawaii Fan...Please keep track of whatever you spend for leis, gifts, etc. I'd like to help in compensating expenses.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:37 am

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
So sad...  Can't go.  Have school.  Screw the quarter system.  Blah.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bigOeyez wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Maybe it's too soon to ask this just yet, but would anyone be down to do a SCANDAL group cosplay? Not just girls but guys too! haha. I think that'd be awesome if we could do one.
I'll try anything once but I warn you... I'm not too confident in how I look like in bloomers and a miniskirt.

HA HA! Yeah we should have backed you up all those times in the past but now is better than never.  Unisex outfits like "Over Drive", "STANDARD", etc., are easily done so those shouldn't be too hard to pull off.  Actually, the first thought that came to my mind was "Shunkan". Red thriller jacket, plaid shorts, high boots/hi-top chucks, ties, etc.  The only real change would just be miniskirt -> shorts so I don't see we couldn't. Same reasoning for other outfits.

"Aww... so nostalgic.  SCANDAL wearing ties. Love Struck"
I'd be pretty happy if at least a few of you guys joined me for once so that I won't be the only one dressed up as usual! haha.

Thing is, though, that any long sleeve/layered outfits are going to be pretty miserable to wear since the temperature will probably be mid to upper 80's by then. Maybe we should try for their summer release/short sleeve outfits like TaiKimi, TaiScan, Kagen no Tsuki, Shoujo S, Queens are trumps? Like you said, just replace the skirts for shorts for the guys. I would personally love to do TaiKimi, but what would you guys want to do? And is there anyone else besides me and Peter that would want to cosplay too?

---------------------------------------

propglenn wrote:@Hawaii Fan....Don't worry about the printing of the banner. I can take care of it here in LA.
Wouldn't be easier and cheaper to have it done in Hawaii? If you do it here you're going to have to bring it over, either with you on the plane or ship it there. Wouldn't that be pretty expensive either way?

Oh, and 4 of us (me, Erich, Alan, Neil) have already started to 'train' for the race haha. Since June is quite a way away, though, I'm using that term pretty loosely since we're basically just jogging/walking a few miles around El Segundo/Dockweiler Beach at the moment. If anyone around LA is interested in trying to train too, maybe we could get together on upcoming weekends to train and then go out to eat!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:33 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've been thinking of how to alter my QAT costume for Hawaii weather. Maybe cut the sleeves off the shirt, make my pants into shorts, and remaking my cape with a lighter fabric.

I might have a good connection in HI for printing. I'll check on it. But having it printed here and carrying it on the plane is no problem either.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:10 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:I'd be pretty happy if at least a few of you guys joined me for once so that I won't be the only one dressed up as usual! haha.

Thing is, though, that any long sleeve/layered outfits are going to be pretty miserable to wear since the temperature will probably be mid to upper 80's by then. Maybe we should try for their summer release/short sleeve outfits like TaiKimi, TaiScan, Kagen no Tsuki, Shoujo S, Queens are trumps? Like you said, just replace the skirts for shorts for the guys. I would personally love to do TaiKimi, but what would you guys want to do? And is there anyone else besides me and Peter that would want to cosplay too?

Oh, and 4 of us (me, Erich, Alan, Neil) have already started to 'train' for the race haha. Since June is quite a way away, though, I'm using that term pretty loosely since we're basically just jogging/walking a few miles around El Segundo/Dockweiler Beach at the moment. If anyone around LA is interested in trying to train too, maybe we could get together on upcoming weekends to train and then go out to eat!
WoOoO, TaiKimi is a good one considering the weather and song.  Beauteen too!  The styles are pretty similar and the Pocari Sweat screams out beach & marathon at the same time. Tongue  Luckily SoCal is strewn with swap meets, thrift shops, etc., so everyone close by should be able to string something together for cheap if they wanted to.  "Raid the Fashion District!!!"

Which particular outfit would you want to do if TaiKimi? I'll head to a swap meet this weekend and pick up some "Beauteen" shorts for now.

And training together sounds great!  I started earlier this month for personal reasons so it'll be fun to mash it all in one.  I may be available on the 30th, if I don't leave town that is.

@ Glenn: You should rock it all like a king! Rock on  HA HA! You're right about the clothing though. Definitely Summer'ize the ensemble and the cape can be brought down to thin synthetic fabric if you want to keep the sheen effect and still pack light. We want you to faint from SCANDAL, not the heat. 

"Now that I think about it... remind me to get you a pimp ring this weekend to go with your outfit."

FYI for everyone, this is how the marathon will break down (Confirmed for 2014):
Spoiler:
Leg 1 & 2 seem to be the easiest while the rest have their ups and downs.  The bad thing is that the time limit for the entire marathon came down to 6hrs, instead of 7hrs, so it'll take some strategy to place people in the correct sections.

Even with the slight up hill for section 1/6 & 3/4, it's less than 4mi each and can easily be done within a hour.  2/5 is about 6mi each, so those will take endurance runners to take on the flats.  5 being the worst of the two since it has more incline.

"I call dibs on section 5. /smug  Or whichever is the hardest."

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:19 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bigOeyez wrote:WoOoO, TaiKimi is a good one considering the weather and song.  Beauteen too!  The styles are pretty similar and the Pocari Sweat screams out beach & marathon at the same time. :PLuckily SoCal is strewn with swap meets, thrift shops, etc., so everyone close by should be able to string something together for cheap if they wanted to.  "Raid the Fashion District!!!"

Which particular outfit would you want to do if TaiKimi? I'll head to a swap meet this weekend and pick up some "Beauteen" shorts for now.
Of course I'd want to do HARU's TaiKimi CD jacket outfit. I think I could get it down to be pretty exact-looking.

BEAUTeen!! would be good/easy too! I got a plaid shirt off eBay a while ago that I was planning to make into a BEAUTeen!! one, so I'd be down to do that too.

Or, thinking of outfits outside of their official release ones, we could do a live outfit, like the ones they wore for AM2. Those would be pretty easy to do too.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.