Go down

Rolling Stone [Page 3 of 4]

Re: Rolling Stone
Posted on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:28 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Scandalove wrote:I also love how people are somehow equating this to them becoming and idol group and not being themselves.

They have literally done this kind of shoot since the very beginning. They do less of this kind of thing now than they used to. I guess some people have probably gotten used to their more conservative look recently.

To be honest, I didn't really expect them to go back to doing stuff like this. But I would not criticize them for it Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:56 pm

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
At least it fits the theme of the single and the video. My only minor 'complaint' (strong word) would be more about the poses than about the outfits tbh, but it's not really important anyway. They're having the time of their life right now, they better enjoy it!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Scandalove wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:lol chill; they're not naked. Judging by the cover it's supposed be more of a classy summer-themed shoot, not a super raunchy one. I'm sure they're wearing something like a strapless top and shorts or a swimsuit beneath the Rolling Stone towel. They basically did the same type of shoot for the HARUKAZE covers. They only looked 'naked' because their shoulders were bare and had a blanket wrapped around them.

Anyway, I see lots of shoe sharing going on! Looks like RINA is wearing HARU's HELLO WORLD Dr. Martens (which are originally TOMO's), TOMO is wearing MAMI's STANDARD studded Converses, and HARU is wearing RINA's "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" PV boots, haha.

Thank you for being the voice of reason.  Nice One It's pretty obnoxious to see all the ridiculous and somewhat nasty comments that are flying all over the place about this shoot. I also love how people are somehow equating this to them becoming and idol group and not being themselves. I really would like to see this rule book that everyone thinks SCANDAL should be following. Lol

haha, sorry if i seem overreacted, i wasn't, i was just a little surprise. Sweating The last time i've seen this type of shoot was 2012 ago, seeing it now was like " huh, again?" lol
I had a feeling they had something on under there even their bikinis, its really has a summer time theme too.
Seeing these kinds of shoot doesn't make me think they're getting too idol-ish, i just believe that they're four really gorgeous girls and they have to show it off sometime.

Also in this shoot and others, they have been sharing each other shoes, not to mention other clothes too.  

But does anyone noticed that Rina has two different color dyes in her hair? on the outside its brown but in the inner part its reddish, like Timo's hair. I doubt its lighting in this shoot cuz it seem like that in the PV and other photoshoots.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Scandalove

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.scandalove.com
Star~world96® wrote:
haha, sorry if i seem overreacted, i wasn't, i was just a little surprise. Sweating The last time i've seen this type of shoot was 2012 ago, seeing it now was like " huh, again?" lol
I had a feeling they had something on under there even their bikinis, its really has a summer time theme too.
Seeing these kinds of shoot doesn't make me think they're getting too idol-ish, i just believe that they're four really gorgeous girls and they have to show it off sometime.

Also in this shoot and others, they have been sharing each other shoes, not to mention other clothes too.  

But does anyone noticed that Rina has two different color dyes in her hair? on the outside its brown but in the inner part its reddish, like Timo's hair. I doubt its lighting in this shoot cuz it seem like that in the PV and other photoshoots.

Sorry, Star~world96® I wasn't directing that specifically at you. Just a general observation Happy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL Fan Site For The Greatest Girl Band In The World!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:30 pm

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
@flyingwill
the poses are asked by the photographer if I'm not mistaken. It happens to idols too, some poses are awkward but it's not the models fault.

Like it was said before, it reminds me the Playboy magazine photoshoot. Light clothes for summer Nice One

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:07 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
darksider59 wrote:the poses are asked by the photographer if I'm not mistaken. It happens to idols too, some poses are awkward but it's not the models fault.

It depends, but usually if the person has some experience being photographed, the photographer won't give specific direction.

I have a little experience photographing models; you usually don't need to tell them anything except a general style of the shot (like "be serious" or "be playful"). They know what to do after that. Scandal are a band, but they have a lot of experience basically working as models. So I think they probably did this pose themselves, and probably on the spur of the moment. There are probably 100 other photos from this same angle of them doing different poses, and this is the one that was chosen. They could have also combined different elements from different shots by computer to create one that was better than any individual shot they took (so, for example, their faces might be from a different shot).

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:53 am

yosha

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Anyway, I see lots of shoe sharing going on! Looks like RINA is wearing HARU's HELLO WORLD Dr. Martens (which are originally TOMO's), TOMO is wearing MAMI's STANDARD studded Converses, and HARU is wearing RINA's "SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" PV boots, haha.

I also noticed these. Seems like they have the same shoe size. lol.

Your sweat and your tears and your smile
Every single bit of you is an overwhelming beauty...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:22 am

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
With shoes like that (and the way they wear them loose) You can brush size difference aside. If only shoes are few numbers bigger, not smaller Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:16 pm

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
@spacecadet
thank you for the info Praise

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:08 pm

alrick13

source: to follow

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^If you're still looking for the source of those four photos.... It would be me. ^_^ I originally took photos of the magazine and posted them to a closed Facebook group per request of the members.

A (hopefully) bit higher quality version of one of the photos:

(They're just photos with a camera. I don't own a scanner lol)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:40 am

Kamiko

Caless Student
Caless Student

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:33 pm

JR_Grimes

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
People Make Big Deals Out Of The Littlest Things, There Isn't Anything Wrong With Any Of These Pictures

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:07 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Of course not, as well as being talented musicians they are also pretty girls, why should they hide it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:22 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Summer 2015 Special Issue (which is apparently not a new issue of RS, but something that will be distributed for free starting today):

https://instagram.com/p/5cB-enLp6a/

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:38 pm

graftenberg

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow! Tomo!LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:36 pm

yosha

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami never fails to make me smile with her fashion choices.  Love

Your sweat and your tears and your smile
Every single bit of you is an overwhelming beauty...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:[…] which is apparently not a new issue of RS, but something that will be distributed for free starting today […]

I wonder if there's any chance CDJ would ship this addon with my copy. I even wonder if it's why RSJ ships at the end of July even though it's been out on July 10th.
Tiny chances maybe, but I still hope.

Edit: I emailed CDJ, there's no point to wonder just for wondering.

Last edited by Jikan on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Summer 2015 Special Issue (which is apparently not a new issue of RS, but something that will be distributed for free starting today)
What does that mean? Sorry I dont quite get it :p

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Reachie: don't you have magazines with free supplement in Canada? Because it's what it is. RSJ Vol.100 has a free supplement, and it's this Summer Special issue.

If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Jikan wrote:@Reachie: don't you have magazines with free supplement in Canada? Because it's what it is. RSJ Vol.100 has a free supplement, and it's this Summer Special issue.
I wouldn't know, I normally don't buy magazines unless it's SCANDAL related haha
So where do I get this? D:

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Reachie wrote:[…]So where do I get this? D:

I emailed CDJ earlier today to know if they're planning to ship this supplement with the "regular" RSJ and if not, if it would be possible for them to do it even with an additional fee. I don't think they'll do tbh but if you don't try… If not, well, I think unless you know someone in Japan who could send it to you…

IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:39 am

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
I've been to Tower Records and the SCANDAL fanshop in Shibuya yesterday, and I sadly couldn't find the Special Issue, so I grabbed the August-one. 
But apparently, SCANDAL will be in the next issue, too. So either the next issue IS the special issue OR we got a lot of SCANDAL in the next magazines Happy

http://www.rollingstonejapan.com/next/2015-09/

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:16 am

Drakis07

Caless Student
Caless Student
There is 3 main reasons why Tomomi is my favourite member: 1. i love her voice and she is a very talented bassist. 2. she has a cute, funny awesome personality 3. she is very very beautiful, sexy and her body is hotter then hell. OMG, i can't stop looking at her on that RS special summer edition cover pic.

That being said i love every single one of them and honestly if any of them would ask me on a date or to be their boyfriend i would say yes in a heartbeat. They have all grown up into wonderful, amazing, very very beautiful young women.

I got the RS august 2015 edition from CDJ but i'm kind of sad a little that getting the RS special edition will be lot harder to get. Oh ell at least i was able to save the cover that you putted here.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:13 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

https://twitter.com/rollingstonejp/status/624155407183798272

According to RS's tweet, the free issue doesn't seem to be out yet; they said that the date and locations when/where it can be found will be announced at a later time.

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL