Chances of a Canadian Live Show?
Posted on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Katana006

Caless Student
Caless Student
What are the chances for SCANDAL to come to Canada for a show? They have already done shows in the US and even doing one in Hawaii this year so that makes me wonder if they could come to the other part of North America. Just wondering if anyone had any guesses or anything Happy

Im not sure if there is already a topic on this and if there is then ill just go there Tongue

Back to top Go down

Re: Chances of a Canadian Live Show?
Posted on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:31 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
There is no official info on this, we could only guess and hope.

They said several times that they love to play in different countries and would like to go to more countries. Actually I watched an interview yesterday with them from 2008 and they already said that. MAMI talked about Russia, RINA about Germany, HARUNA about UK and TOMOMI abut... Switzerland and how she wanted to become Heidi and play on a swing lol.

Also talked about that in a 2013 interview/concert where RINA mentioned Germany again, don't remember the other answers.

So I think they really like it and want it but this is not an easy thing to do. They played in the US and France because of the anime conventions, this year in Hawaii will be the first time they come for a "normal" show.

Their company must know that they have fans all over the world but this is surely not an easy thing to organize and costs money too. Not to mention that this year they already have Hawaii and 2 stadiums shows. They will surely work on new singles and new album for end of the year or maybe early 2015 if they keep up the same pace as usual.

So it's gonna be hard to play in another country this year but of course you never know!

I don't know how many anime/japan conventions there are in the world in each countries and it seems that SCANDAL doesn't really want to play in them anymore but it would still be the best bet and chance to have them play in another country I guess? But they don't have a recent anime song so there is like no reason for them to go to an anime convention but maybe they could go to a japan convention (even if of course it's about anime too, it's more general).

Oh well we can hope and dream about it! Maybe in the future it's something that they will try to focus on now they said their first chapter is over. Maybe it's a desire to travel more and go to other countries and Hawaii is the first step? We you grow up you start to have other dreams after you achieved some Happy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 pm

somechineseguy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Lol, this is my dream as well... I was wondering when they would ever have a show in Canada...

I don't want to sound like a pessimist or anything, but personally,the chances of them coming to Canada are very slim... mainly because I have a REALLY good feeling that they will get mixed up with our fellow neighbours down to the south (United States =P)

However, if I remember correctly, Haruna likes to watch Hetalia Axis Powers (this was when they were in an anime convention in Anaheim I believe), which DOES have countries that many including Canada! Also, through Haruna's blog (don't take my word for granted, this is all from what I remember from her blogs), she likes the cold weather, so it's only natural for her to come to Canada xD.

So Canada should still be out there at least for them. But then again, as our friend, HaruRinaMamiTimo had mentioned the costs and their filled up schedules for 2014 seems very unlikely that they'll come to Canada this year. 

There is hope. I know in Toronto, every May (or around that time) they have AN (Anime North) and maybe... just MAYBE they could be a special / honourary guest... just like they were in the AN in 2011. If they actually do come to Canada ( TOJ Onion ) my best guess is that they'll have a concert in Vancouver... (It's the closest to Japan and I'm pretty sure there is a heavy Japanese influence there mainly due to history)

Believe me, you are not the only one who wants SCANDAL in their own respective countries. So the only thing we can do right now is to pray (I know I am LOL). But I believe someday, they'll go beyond the borders of Asia and play more in other continents like Europe and North America.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:12 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah as you mention one of the biggest problem for Canada here would be the US. Their company would probably think that if they have to travel to a country why choose Canada over the US?

I guess only a big event/festival could make the difference over a regular live to give them a good reason to go to Canada and not the US.

That being said, I don't think anyone expected them to go to Hawaii in 2014! So despite what we all dream and hope, in the end we have 0 answer and know nothing about what SCANDAL/their company wants to do.

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:22 pm

somechineseguy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^They would choose Canada over the US because of it's free health care and... really nice people who keep saying sorry! LOL

But in all honesty, that's the reality check. I came to the conclusion that if I want to see Scandal, I would have to travel overseas or to the US.

Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Katana006

Caless Student
Caless Student
somechineseguy wrote:^They would choose Canada over the US because of it's free health care and... really nice people who keep saying sorry! LOL

But in all honesty, that's the reality check. I came to the conclusion that if I want to see Scandal, I would have to travel overseas or to the US.

I'm coming to that conclusion as well. I also agree with you that if they do come to Canada, they will probably play in Vancouver. That still kinda sucks because i'm pretty much on the opposite side of the country LOL. Realistically, a good amount of travel will be needed to see them, wherever they go.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:27 pm

WeirdRain

Caless Student
Caless Student
It's unlikely I guess. The US will always be more likely to get a Scandal concert. Taking into account that they only do very few intl. concerts, and most of them in Asia, I think the chances are rather bad...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I've been wishing for one ever since 2010. Sad

As you guys mentioned already, their current schedules and others really don't make it seem plausible for them to come here. Unless the fanbase becomes really big and catch their attention to make it worthwhile to come here, let's not get our hopes up.

Back to top Go down