Go down

Re: 18th Single - 「Departure」
Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:54 am

Infinito30

Infinito30

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://nekoanimeadictos.blogspot.com.ar/
I already have the songs, but I would have preferred to buy the album  CANTA Peace

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
i still wait my CDs to arrive :(I hope my package will arrive soon Happy. I can`t wait to listen it and to watch the DVDs

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 12 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:55 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
today the single is at #3 with 2486 copies.what a low number omg

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:55 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
no. 3 for today~!
Yay, it went up

edit : ninja'd

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 12 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:15 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
lol I started to write a message with that info too but had to leave a bit and now I come back and you guys have posted it =P

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-04-26/

It's really nice, to go up and not down, even if in the end it may not mean a lot or boost the sales a lot it still means the band sells better than a lot of others bands and that is positive.

But why do they display the CDs sold that day and not the previous days?

Hard to say if 2486 is really low or not, it's still 3rd! Also most sales are in the first days I suppose. Hum I wanted to see what numbers were up for Runners high to compare but it seems you can't see the dailies anymore, just the weekly page =(

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:22 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
reilachii wrote:today the single is at #3 with 2486 copies.what a low number omg

Actually, that's pretty good. Seeing that it's Saturday's ranking (which is usually the time that groups drop down quite a bit and older singles come up), it's quite good. If you see the oricon site, other groups such as CNBLUE and Generations from EXILE TRIBE who were dominating have dropped beneath 5, which is where SCANDAL usually is. 

The first day of sales was really tough (e.g. there was Johnny's West which sold like, around 150000 copies on the first day and they're still dominating) but honestly, it did seem quite low for SCANDAL, but now they're quite high on the charts. If I'd had to guess, they'd at least sell 10k copies, maybe even 15k of Departure. 

Something else that's worth mentioning is that Johnny's West sold 150000 copies on the first day, but today they've sold 13000-ish. Just shows how much sales can drop after the first few days. The other thing to consider about oricon in general is that after the top 3 daily rankings, we don't get to actually see the numbers and figures. For all we knew, Departure could've sold 20k+ on the first day. I guess there's no point in speculating though until we get the weekly ranking with a definite amount of sales.

@HRMT. That's the daily ranking. Happy If you look at the table thingy at the top of that page, there's a few previous dates and also past weekly rankings.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:35 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah I know it's the daily ^^ but you cannot access very old dailies it seems.

If I'd had to guess, they'd at least sell 10k copies, maybe even 15k of Departure

That would be (reaaaaaaally) low and I hope you are far from the truth. If we take their singles for the last year we have for the first week :
- Awanai : 32k
- Kagen : 28k
- OVERDRIVE : 16k
- Runners high: 30k

So 10/15k that would be bad, let's be honest here. Especially with OVERDRIVE being a special case, coming out 2 weeks before the new album. Not the case now, it's their second single this year but another album is nowhere near and it's the first single really promoted, Runners high was a bit a special case too, they didn't made a normal promotion.

I really hope it's closer to 30k otherwise I would be hugely disappointed for the girls =( It's their first 100% SCANDAL they deserve a great sale! Not saying they have to sell 100k otherwise it's a failure but I surely hope they can get the 30k for the first week.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:56 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ If you still wanted to check out their old daily rankings, you could check out their generasia page and then go to whichever single to check. I would give you the link but I'm on my phone and it's hard lol. Sorry~ But either way, you can't exactly check their amounts. You could always scroll through tumblr though, there's been quite a few oricon posts an screenshots for Departure.

Anyway, I do hope that my guess is far from right too, but like I said, we're still not sure about the daily rankings from 4 onwards. After 3, all the singles could've been really close on sales. SCANDAL could've even sold 25k+ on the first day and we wouldn't have known it. After a few days and having 2.5k, it's still ok imo. Realistically, it definitely won't be 10k. If we do the math, the CD's charted for 4 days (fly-get day included) and that's already been 10k. In the first few days, the CDs are purchased a LOT more (often double, triple, quadruple etc... Look at Johnny West's sales on the first day then today's) than say, something like today's figures so I think that Departure isn't doing too bad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah I also think it should do good but we will have to wait I guess, let's hope for a big number Happy

Thanks but I know Generasia but they only show the rank not the daily sales sadly =P Anyway was just wondering if we could easily get that info for their old singles to compare but I'm not ready to investigate more than that now  Onion XD 

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:16 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@ichiruki I'm concerned more about the fact that it's a low number because it is saturday. it may be the "lower" for some groups, but it's actually the time occasional listener buy their cds, more than in all the rest of the week. if you check also yesterday they were #4 after hkt48 who sold 2704 copies (which is kind of a shock? that single went out on march lol. departure maybe made in two days something like 5000+ copies). numbers are lower that I aspect to be this time. 12000/15000 seems way more realistic for its first week (or being optimistic maybe 20000?) since first day the single was at #6 while the #3 was there with a 27000 copies. but maybe it will do as kagen no tsuki at the end, who knows.  I'm just a little bit disappointed since it might be less than kagen no tsuki. japan is not having a great time in fact of cd/dvd sells but, oh well, I hoped for more lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:38 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo
"Runners high" sold 2020 copies on February 14, 2014. (you can only see the sales of the top 3 releases in the daily charts, and BTW I usually archive Oricon/any charts if SCANDAL ranked on it! Also you can check this wikipedia page (albeit in Hungarian) if you want to know their (daily) sales (click on "laptörténet" (page history) and then click on the prefered page revision (I usually add descriptive edit summaries (but only on that page, lol), like "Encore Show - február 8. (+2306)". If you open the page up for editing you can also see references (in HTML comment tags) for the peak positions)

On an other note I wonder how many peepz followed my suit and cancelled their preorder on this single to buy more copies of their next one? (yeah, I really want them to reach the top spot of Billboard Japan's Hot Anime list, so they'll get nominated at the Billboard Japan Music Awards 2014 in the Animation Artist of the Year category)

Last edited by sillentdx on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:57 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
reilachii wrote:@ichiruki I'm concerned more about the fact that it's a low number because it is saturday. it may be the "lower" for some groups, but it's actually the time occasional listener buy their cds, more than in all the rest of the week. if you check also yesterday they were #4 after hkt48 who sold 2704 copies (which is kind of a shock? that single went out on march lol. departure maybe made in two days something like 5000+ copies). numbers are lower that I aspect to be this time. 12000/15000 seems way more realistic for its first week (or being optimistic maybe 20000?) since first day the single was at #6 while the #3 was there with a 27000 copies. but maybe it will do as kagen no tsuki at the end, who knows.  I'm just a little bit disappointed since it might be less than kagen no tsuki. japan is not having a great time in fact of cd/dvd sells but, oh well, I hoped for more lol

But them being number 3 clearly means that all bands (except #1 & #2) sold less so I think it's more of a general thing and there is no reason to be worried about SCANDAL for that saturday.

Also they may have been #6 on day 1 but that doesn't necessarily means that there is a huge gap between #3 and #6. #3 sold 27k copies (where do you get that number, i don't see it)? Ok, but maybe #6 sold 24k or 25k or 10k or 5k. We cannot know but I honestly doubt there is a huuuuuge gap. I think behind the top 3 it must be close.

Let's say they sold 20k on first day just for an example, yesterday they sold 2486 and that is only 2 days. Day #2 and 3 aren't even included and they should have sld much more than the 2486 from yesterday. Obviously it's difficult to really know but if we assume the gap isn't that big and by seeing the single then being top 4 constantly I think it's fair to assume than we should be much more closer to a 30k weekly sale than a 15k weekly. If it's close to a 15k sale weekly then it would mean the first day was a complete disaster (and also that apart from the top 2-3, all the other artists sell much much much less).

It's clear that they will not set a huge sale record with the numbers we know but to me it also seems clear that it should be ok, like their other singles.

It's interesting to talk about that lol

sillentdx wrote:@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo
"Runners high" sold 2020 copies on February 14, 2014. (you can only see the sales of the top 3 releases in the daily charts, and BTW I usually archive Oricon charts if SCANDAL ranked on it!)

Thanks, interesting! Well Runners high came out on 12th, so this means they sold 2020 copies on the third official day. This means as expected that most sales comes for day 1-2. So Departure selling 2486 on 5th day is actually pretty good even if the context is not the same especially when you know that Runners high is their second best selling single.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:11 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:
It's interesting to talk about that lol
yes it is lmao
maybe, after all, having a chart life as kagen no tsuki is not that bad even because it also had three different version, hasn't it? so they are the same. it's a pity that you can't know the numbers for at least top 10, if it was possible it would be nice to keep a track of how much scandal seel (if they are good at charting of it their sales are all in day 1 and 2 etc). sales numbers tell you what kind of fanbase you have, not only in terms of numbers of sales.
charts are my passion ahah (also if this single will have a good outcome, more and more songs, expecially aside, will be written by the girls themself? they have to get ride of others writing for them, they have enough talent for doing that alone >__>)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:40 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yes it would be great to have more data for the daily numbers, like that we would be able to clearly see how the single is doing for the sale but oh well Happy

You have a good point about the Kagen comparison, OVERDRIVE & Runners high are special cases so to speak but Kagen single is pretty close to Departure in a way.

About them writing their songs, they have said they want to do that more and it has been proven so far in 2014. But unlike you I don't hope they get rid of the people helping them because :
- SCANDAL has always been involved in the lyrics, it's more the music composition that was done by other people
- So far their discography is fantastic even if their music was composed by other people Wink
- If they have to do the lyrics + music on most songs they will either release less songs or simply need to work much more and that is not good in both cases but it's just my opinion.

I think they can easily find a balance, composing more music/songs but also releasing "normal" songs like they did in the past.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:14 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I would not mind if they released songs less frequently if it meant they do it themselves. I don't know about you, but they're releasing songs at a lightning fast rate at the moment..

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 12 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:16 pm

leo_harrison

leo_harrison

Caless Student
Caless Student
kaitanuva wrote:I would not mind if they released songs less frequently if it meant they do it themselves. I don't know about you, but they're releasing songs at a lightning fast rate at the moment..

You're right! But it could be record company's policy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:44 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:About them writing their songs, they have said they want to do that more and it has been proven so far in 2014. But unlike you I don't hope they get rid of the people helping them because :
- SCANDAL has always been involved in the lyrics, it's more the music composition that was done by other people
- So far their discography is fantastic even if their music was composed by other people Wink
- If they have to do the lyrics + music on most songs they will either release less songs or simply need to work much more and that is not good in both cases but it's just my opinion.
quality needs time Wink
also, maybe it's just me, but being a band means you survive with your own stuff and it's good at the beginning to be helped from other talented people but they can do it by themself at this point of the band. being involved is not the same as do it by yourself anyway. I know bands who do lyrics+music and released tons of material and than > big tour > big rest. but yeah, it depends of what kind of band scandal wants to be or management wants them to be (as leo_harrison said, it can be a record company's policy or something on their contract), it's all up to them.
I would love slower release time, they had their first true break from work just because of haruna solo project it's insane for any band! o__o

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
kaitanuva wrote:I would not mind if they released songs less frequently if it meant they do it themselves. I don't know about you, but they're releasing songs at a lightning fast rate at the moment..

It's not really that fast for them. They released one song in early February, now two in late April. Prior to February, their previous new song release was the STANDARD album in October.

This is pretty much their standard pattern (and we had this same discussion last year around this same time). They release three singles in spring/summer and then an album in the fall. In 2008 and 2010, they actually released four singles.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:52 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Down to 4th, but according to SCANDAL's official Facebook, Departure has achieved their highest first week sales to date, so no one needs to worry about sales now

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 12 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:01 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
eir ah ^ first week numbers are already out?

edit: whoops I just saw it has being written on the scandal Facebook page lol. omg it can truly be a 20,000 copies first day. all these talking could be avoid if oricon would give umbers for at least top 10 lol. 
also, according to tower records twitter departure is selling well in their shops so

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:12 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
metalleo wrote:Down to 4th, but according to SCANDAL's official Facebook, Departure has achieved their highest first week sales to date, so no one needs to worry about sales now

Seriously??!!! That would be awesome!! This is huge news. .omg. 

I was about to say "are you sure you translated it right?" but the official page is in english =P : https://www.facebook.com/scandalofficial

I would be sooo happy if this single could break the record for them! First single 100% SCANDAL? Sure no problem booooooom sale record! Already said it but this could be so important for them and their growth and relationship with their company.

Their best first week so far was with Awanai and 32.533 copies cold. Let's hope for the 33k or even 34k =D

Ok I'm so excited and happy for the band, but need to wait for the official number!  .hora. .hora. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:23 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
yep, to quote their post in case anyone is lazy to view themselves

“Departure” has been released last week and marked the best sales figure in the band’s history!!
Many people came to see the girls on the week of the release date!!!
Thank you so much for your warm support as always!

Personally I think we can expect more than 35k, or even 40k if I'm being optimistic. I doubt any record breaking sales can be just by a few hundred, it's not really a significant improvement, and especially with so many fans crying out for this single after its initial release back in March anything less would have been a blasphemy

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 12 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:39 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well I hope you are right about the 40k but honestly let's wait a bit more for the official number, I personally don't want to dream too big in this case. I think that even a slight record improvement would be great. And to be honest, it doesn't matter if you sell 100 copies more or 5000 copies more, it would still be a record =P

But hum... now that I read their message again, they do not use the word "weekly", they simple say "best sale figure". Maybe it's my english (or theirs =P) but could they mean that... they already broke the full record from Awanai (40.639 TOTAL sale)?

I doubt it but... could it be?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 pm

LJSLJH

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi, 

on the first day I think I saw in  a facebook page,Rina tweeted that it was sold out on the first day. So does it mean that there are only certain number of CDs available in a day?if it is, then there's only a certain number of copies fans can buy, so how are they going to compete with other releases that has more CDs available in stores?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:27 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

^ I think it was sold out on tower records inshibuya, wasn't it?
It happens in music stores to finish CDs and display more the next day. no one buy millions of copies neither cd stores I suppose (but the fact they went temporally sold out is a big sign)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.