Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) IokPlk4

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) GO4IK43

For music that will move someone

※Bonus

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) IPQH8Jz

A dressing room from some day

※Bonus

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) ITNViVY

Interview scenery from a few years ago when I was organizing pictures from my SLR

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) Fgm0NMd

I'll grow my hair out again

RINA

2014-05-15 21:51:26

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA)
Posted Thu May 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
That's a dressing room from some day I'd like to be part of. With no ulterior motive, of course.

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 15, 2014 9:48 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
So from what she says here and in the other blog this looks like a heavy song recording period. Are they finalizing the b-sides for the next single or working a lot for the new album already?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 12:51 am

owmxxks

owmxxks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I hope she does grow her hair out again.. Something like how it was back when they were promoting Harukaze I think would be best .love.

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) Tumblr12
 .happy. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 2:23 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
It is good the girls are trying out new gears. I see Orange amps, a PRS and (Gibson?) hollowbody.
Seems the guitarist are fond of P-90 pickups.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 5:32 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
SophieLam wrote:It is good the girls are trying out new gears. I see Orange amps, a PRS and (Gibson?) hollowbody.
Seems the guitarist are fond of P-90 pickups.

I'm convinced Rina writes posts like this for the gearheads. There's no other reason to just show all these random photos of equipment.

I finally found the PRS (I didn't see it at first) - that's an odd duck in their collection. I'm trying to figure out what some of these other things are. What is the guitar Mami's playing with Haruna? Is that a Yamaha Pacifica with a dots & binding neck?? I don't get why she'd be playing that when they're so similar to the really high-end Strats she has.

I feel like I should know what that hollowbody-looking guitar is (though I'm not sure it actually is hollow, I don't see any f-holes). But I can't place it.

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Are they finalizing the b-sides for the next single or working a lot for the new album already?

I don't know what they've used on singles in the past (I don't remember), but it seems like a lot of equipment for a single.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 5:43 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It looks like Tomo's the one that's actually playing that P90 guitar. Although, I might be wrong and it could actually be Haruna. Awesome gear they all have; really love it!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 6:20 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
ichiruki! wrote:It looks like Tomo's the one that's actually playing that P90 guitar. Although, I might be wrong and it could actually be Haruna.

Nah, that's definitely TOMO playing that guitar. One definitive way you can tell is by the lack of a side part on the right side of her head. If it was HARU in that picture we would have been able to see the part (which you can clearly see in the picture with her and MAMI).

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 am

Key_

Key_

Caless Student
Caless Student
It take's almost one Year for every artist to create an album,

And for scandal the single they release before always take place in the album.

So they are already working on their next album I guess, and I am already waiting for this !!  .clap. 

I am always impressed by the creativity of those 4  .uhuh.

Hope I'll meet them one day, just to exchange words about music haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 7:49 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
As much as I would love to be in a studio with Scandal the rack of guitars cought my eye   CANTA Happy 

And I love Orange amps !

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 8:42 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I agree the girl's creativity bring them to where they are now. And that is part of the reason why we are attracted.
In term of instrument, bassist always favour acoustic instrument. So Timo choose a hollow body (if that is) guitar.
It is possible those new equipments are actually property of other guys. Maybe their producer, the engineer or other musician. They may just pick up and explore the tonal quality of which ever came handy in the studio. A studio is always like that. packed with gear. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 11:31 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
that pic of Mami with twin pigtails- is that before she cut her hair or extensions? (Haha just curious)
I'm already excited with their new single coming up and their new album (whenever that is)
I'd really like to see Rina playing the guitar XD The equipments are awesome!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well RINA knows piano/keyboard already and is good enough to play live songs with them, seeing how much she loves to writes songs I wouldn't be surprised to learn bass/guitar in the future, she seems the most passionate about instruments in the band.

About MAMI's hair, yeah it seems long on that picture =O

spacecadet wrote:
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Are they finalizing the b-sides for the next single or working a lot for the new album already?

I don't know what they've used on singles in the past (I don't remember), but it seems like a lot of equipment for a single.

Maybe they are doing both actually, creating new songs for the album and will pick one of them for the b-side. I'm not sure exactly what their usual schedule needs to be to finalize a single. It's still 2 months away so I would think it's not done yet but on the other side, they surely plan things like that ahead so maybe they already have everything done for the single (except the MV?).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 12:42 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
ichiruki! wrote:It looks like Tomo's the one that's actually playing that P90 guitar. Although, I might be wrong and it could actually be Haruna.

Nah, that's definitely TOMO playing that guitar. One definitive way you can tell is by the lack of a side part on the right side of her head. If it was HARU in that picture we would have been able to see the part (which you can clearly see in the picture with her and MAMI).

Ah right, I forgot about the hair parting but it's clearly obvious now. Thanks. 

spacecadet wrote:
I feel like I should know what that hollowbody-looking guitar is (though I'm not sure it actually is hollow, I don't see any f-holes). But I can't place it.

That guitar that Tomo's playing seems extremely familiar too, but I can't put my finger on it either :/ The bridge and tailpiece's shape is pretty odd for Gibson; don't know if I've seen one like that on any of their guitars, even the archtop ones and even the solid bodies.

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Well RINA knows piano/keyboard already and is good enough to play live songs with them, seeing how much she loves to writes songs I wouldn't be surprised to learn bass/guitar in the future, she seems the most passionate about instruments in the band.

Rina does actually know how to play guitar. She's mentioned that she'd bought one of those cheap guitar packs in high school and that she played the solo in the recorded version of Koshi Tantan here. I'm almost certain that Rina has also mentioned playing guitar too in past blog posts where she talks about using a variety of instruments to help with getting her ideal sound for a new song and things like that, but I just can't find them atm.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 1:29 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:I'm almost certain that Rina has also mentioned playing guitar too in past blog posts where she talks about using a variety of instruments to help with getting her ideal sound for a new song and things like that, but I just can't find them atm.

It's this blog:
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8366-hey-you-2013-04-06-rina

On topic.
Looking at all of those equipment, it probably is one of those moments when Rina could proudly say to herself, "It's very nice to be a drummer"   .evilgrin.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 1:44 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
ichiruki! wrote:
Rina does actually know how to play guitar. She's mentioned that she'd bought one of those cheap guitar packs in high school and that she played the solo in the recorded version of Koshi Tantan here. I'm almost certain that Rina has also mentioned playing guitar too in past blog posts where she talks about using a variety of instruments to help with getting her ideal sound for a new song and things like that, but I just can't find them atm.

Oh nice then! Soon she is going to create her own band where she plays all the instruments  Hohoho Onion 

Would be nice to see her play guitar in a live this year.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
ichiruki! wrote:

That guitar that Tomo's playing seems extremely familiar too, but I can't put my finger on it either :/ The bridge and tailpiece's shape is pretty odd for Gibson; don't know if I've seen one like that on any of their guitars, even the archtop ones and even the solid bodies. 
Somebody have a clue on that guitar!
http://ameblo.jp/su2009/entry-11852140718.html
A GUILD M-75 Aristocrat

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 2:37 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

ichiruki! wrote:Rina does actually know how to play guitar. She's mentioned that she'd bought one of those cheap guitar packs in high school and that she played the solo in the recorded version of Koshi Tantan here.

I think that info was interpreted incorrectly. It actually sounds like RINA just messed around with the guitar effects, and not that she actually played the solo in "KOSHI-TANTAN." Also, in the blog entry that raynsity linked to, RINA had said, "I wonder if I'll buy a new guitarー. Though I couldn't flat-out play it. haha." Judging from those sentences it seems like she can play guitar to an extent, but I don't really think she's that competent that she could have played the "KOSHI-TANTAN" solo herself.

But anyway, this is kind of getting to be a bit off-topic lol

------------------------------------------------

SophieLam wrote:Somebody have a clue on that guitar (everybody think that is Haru's haha!)

Underneath the picture they wrote that they know that TOMO is playing the guitar in that photo. The guitar apparently is actually HARU's; they also wrote that she used it on their recent Kyuu ni Kite Gomen. in Kita tour.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 8:27 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SophieLam wrote:It is possible those new equipments are actually property of other guys. Maybe their producer, the engineer or other musician.

I have a feeling that might be true about the PRS, the way it's just sitting by itself in the rack (plus it's very different from the "classic" style guitars they usually seem to like).

Mami has a Les Paul with stained wood back and sides in front of her in that one photo too - did she have that before? (That could also be the studio's.) Her blue one should be blue all around.

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Maybe they are doing both actually, creating new songs for the album and will pick one of them for the b-side.

It seems early to be recording an album but who knows; they like to surprise their fans with new things. And I just don't know what else they'd each need four or five guitars with them for. (Especially Tomomi - she's not using five basses on one single.) I'm sure Rina knows that whenever she posts stuff like this, people are going to get to talking about what it means - no doubt that's the whole point.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 11:22 pm

tomomilover

tomomilover

International Performer
International Performer
okay, I gave up reading the comments about gears, I can't understand  .lol. 

It seems like they are working hard and the gears... XD Keep it going on!

btw, thanks for the translation!

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) TVajCc2

.love. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 10:37 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
ichiruki! wrote:Rina does actually know how to play guitar. She's mentioned that she'd bought one of those cheap guitar packs in high school and that she played the solo in the recorded version of Koshi Tantan here.

I think that info was interpreted incorrectly. It actually sounds like RINA just messed around with the guitar effects, and not that she actually played the solo in "KOSHI-TANTAN." Also, in the blog entry that raynsity linked to, RINA had said, "I wonder if I'll buy a new guitarー. Though I couldn't flat-out play it. haha." Judging from those sentences it seems like she can play guitar to an extent, but I don't really think she's that competent that she could have played the "KOSHI-TANTAN" solo herself.

But anyway, this is kind of getting to be a bit off-topic lol

------------------------------------------------
Apologies in advanced for going out of topic again lol, but thanks for clearing that up. In that thread, there was a whole debate going on whether Rina was the one that was actually playing the solo or just messing with the effects. Guess she's just messing with the effects after all, but the author of that article/interview wasn't really clear with what he/she meant imo. 

Reading the specs of that Guild M-75, they're actually single coils. I thought they were P90s but looks like they're just differently-shaped single coils. Interesting to note that it's actually a hollow body guitar (but with no f-holes). I wonder what song Haruna used her Guild for now; it'd be interesting to see how she incorporates its sound in their songs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Haru-chan56

Haru-chan56

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm glad that they're doing their best as usual. It's very motivating to watch these girls work!  Nice one

Photo blog - 2014-05-15 (RINA) G5qoii10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 7:03 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:Reading the specs of that Guild M-75, they're actually single coils. I thought they were P90s but looks like they're just differently-shaped single coils. Interesting to note that it's actually a hollow body guitar (but with no f-holes). I wonder what song Haruna used her Guild for now; it'd be interesting to see how she incorporates its sound in their songs.

We don't really know if she picked it for its sound anyway, or she just liked the way it looked/felt. Its natural tone on whatever song she used it for could be masked by effects. She's said in magazine interviews that she normally likes a fat tone, which is why she almost always uses humbuckers otherwise.

But it's interesting that it's there with them now in the studio. So more than likely she's planning on using it again, and whatever we hear from them this year is going to have this guitar on it somewhere. Let's see if anyone can pick it out.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.