Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories
Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
Nice we got all fields covered! From personal entries to photos to now video! Naisuuuu Jobu Airi Chan!

@IndoLegend & Kaitanuva Someone's gotta capture the moment right?
And IndoLengend Mami did seem to actually take the question seriously haha but it was cute. I never expected Mami to flat out say yeah I want a family and kids so we can go to concerts together. 

I believe Noodles said he was also posting a video as well. I can't wait for them!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:24 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
Right on Marc! Mind if I steal some of the pics?  .please. 

@Noodles, dude you got a jackpot. When I saw Takahiro's bag the first time, I was like "Where shall I mug this guy?!?!" xD. Is Neil the only one going to Japan? or is there another group going there also from SH? And btw, I can't watch the video since you put it on private.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 3 44e80685-46e4-4cb0-ab4f-e2d4eb9f2cc8_zps21dca262
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:34 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:It's amazing how you all came together and had such a wonderful trip, all thanks to SCANDAL! SCANDAL but also some fans (TGE but also others?) who had to fight to make it happen for international fans. Hopefully international fans will be included right from the start next time.

I handled things after we were finally given the chance to participate in the tour. Before that, when it wasn't open to anyone outside of Japan, a group of my local LA friends and I had to fight to make that chance happen in the first place by visiting H.I.S. locations here and e-mailing all kinds of people and companies.

--------------------------------------------------

IndoLegend wrote:Is Neil the only one going to Japan? or is there another group going there also from SH?

Out of the people in our group who went to Hawaii, only Neil and Sam will be going to the arena shows. A few other SH members from other countries will be going as well.

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all of your write-ups, everyone! I especially enjoyed yours, Lale, though it's too bad you had to leave out something interesting that happened during one of the dinners. Tongue

I still need to post mine. It's taking a lot longer to write than I thought it would, haha.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:41 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@IndoLegend Lol you can just call me Mar(k) that's the real spelling. But yes you should be able to download them off flickr that's why I posted them there so everyone can have access and get what they like.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:20 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
@Indo Oh sorry, here is the video now made public, Youtube is taking AGES on editing what I wanted to upload so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to post 2-3 more videos I really wanted to post! 

Heres the video of us at the airport before a huge dissapointment hit us. Just hearing myself say "We'll see how this goes" makes me sad Sad

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 3 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 am

jephilologist

jephilologist

Caless Student
Caless Student
fredrickfx wrote:Although I must admit, I do feel like Team Rina was cheated!
YES WE WERE! (O_o) Nah. Fun is fun. It was very intense for everyone though. Even Rina said everyone looking so desperate was very funny.

@macrx78
aww you posted translations before me. thanks for the translations and it is a-ok. no problems with it. Now I don't remember every single detail from that interview and I regret my slow wits not recording the interview with my music player. (bakabakabaka .fustrated. ).

Though the first question was phrased more like, "At what age (do you think) are you going to get married?". So when I heard Rina spout "rainen" my mind kind of like stopped translating. LOL and so I lost track of Mami's and the rest of the girls' answers. And when I heard "joudan" I was like .sweat. .....

@minna
What surprised me though was how much I understood from all the conversations that happened throughout that SCANDALOUS weekend. I know that me myself could not give an exact direct translation of japanese at-will on-demand BUT regardless I understood 90%-95% of everything that has been said.

The way the girls talked and the event itself was so light-hearted and (kind of) casual (except for the games). Though it was very brief, and you never know how deep (or real) of a connection was made; the connection between all the fans in that room and SCANDAL was to me very real. (cheesy) 

I highly doubt I'll be making a post about my whole SCANDAL FAN MEETING TOUR experience but I close this reply with (an approximation) Rina's words (who is now equally my favorite together with Tomo).

(みんなに), 好きのように生きてほしい... (I want everyone to live the way they want to.)

I won't follow this entirely to heart because I'm just that kind of person to consider other's feelings (and thoughts) as well, but I'm glad because this statement sums up my 初SCANDAL experience. I just went out and did what I want. haha. CHEESY.

Last edited by jephilologist on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:20 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : too much emojis lol)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:11 am

dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
fredrickfx wrote:Alright guys, I spent all day writing this post and tried to recount everything I experienced in as much detail as I could so that you could feel like you were in my shoes during the trip.

Frederick, how could you possibly remember all of that stuff in such detail !?!?
Were you keeping a diary ???

Seriously, you and the other Scandal-Heaven members made it a adventure for me I will NEVER forget. I hope we can all do it again someday soon... Japan 2015 ???

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:58 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:It's amazing how you all came together and had such a wonderful trip, all thanks to SCANDAL! SCANDAL but also some fans (TGE but also others?) who had to fight to make it happen for international fans. Hopefully international fans will be included right from the start next time.

I handled things after we were finally given the chance to participate in the tour. Before that, when it wasn't open to anyone outside of Japan, a group of my local LA friends and I had to fight to make that chance happen in the first place by visiting H.I.S. locations here and e-mailing all kinds of people and companies.

Hopefully this will never happen again and next time it will be done right from the start for all the fans. I think SCANDAL's staff will not let it happen again and surely things will be different next time they think and plan such a project. In the end it went well, thanks for your work!

Noodles wrote:@Indo Oh sorry, here is the video now made public, Youtube is taking AGES on editing what I wanted to upload so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to post 2-3 more videos I really wanted to post! 

Heres the video of us at the airport before a huge dissapointment hit us. Just hearing myself say "We'll see how this goes" makes me sad Sad

Why do I have the feeling that next time you guys are going to act like CIA trained special agents and cover all the exits while being all connected to the phone with each other?!  .whistle. 

I'm sorry it happened like that and you missed them but at least the rest of the trip was awesome  .love. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Daydreamer P

Daydreamer P

Caless Student
Caless Student
ALRIGHT!!!!!

The Flying Dutchman going To California, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Who wants to meet up with me?????

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:47 pm

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
So, I finally had to to read everyone else's recaps and was able to fill in a lot of the missing gaps in my recollection of the trip! It was also very interesting to read about what other people were doing when we weren't all together.

@kaitanuva: Your post reminded me of many little details I wasn't able to recall! Like the running demonstration on stage, Jade spraining her ankle, the AKB48 precautions, and details on the girls' answers at the fan meeting. There's no way people could read all our entries collectively and miss out on a single moment.

@Racheiru: I lol'd when you said you wanted to watch Tomo National Geographic style! I feel you, I could literally watch Mami paint a room all day and not get bored. I was also impressed with your description of the girls and their Hawaiian outfits! I don't think anyone paid as much attention to that as you so thanks for hawking it! More little details I'm glad to learn about. And I'd be glad to drink flavored beers with you in a couple years! Until then, we'll get you your fruit punches during the next meet ups. ^^

@dpcarrico: Man, I just looked at the photo you took with the girls again and noticed how much you tower over them! They look like their old high school selves when standing next you, haha. And about my entry, I have somewhat of a photographic memory. I even remember conversations I've had with people in elementary school!

@Noodles: I had no idea the cajon was a Peruvian instrument until you pointed it out. If I had known, I would've cheered at you! That's so awesome, I can imagine how stoked you must've been. Rina owning on it is definitely one of the top fondest memories I have of the band over there. Anything that gets my eyes off Mami is something serious.

@Airi-chan: I was the person you forgot to mention at the dinner, lmao. It's all good though! With so many things going on, it's a pain to remember everything. I remember HIS telling us to clap for SCANDAL. Like really? Maybe they should've added that if we stand in the rain we're going to get wet since it's point out the obvious hour. Oh and thanks for uploading those videos! I had to report to my station early and unfortunately wasn't able to see the girls in the beginning but I'm glad I got to see what it was like for you guys! I also haven't even heard "Your Song" yet and am going to proceed to listening to it right after this post.

@macrx78: YEAH! You finally posted them! Sick shots man, I just saved a couple right now. I personally want to thank you for taking on the job of capturing all those moments for us knowing you'd be left out in a lot of them. You're the hero SH deserves, but not the one they need right now. You're not their hero. You're a silent guardian. A watchful photographer. Kudos to anyone who gets that reference. But anyways, pictures are worth a thousand words and the ones you took are definitely a powerhouse in helping everyone either grasp or recall the whole experience. Also, thank you for the Q&A translations! I didn't get much from that MC at all so it was nice to read their actual answers. You are just the gift that keeps on giving aren't you?

To all those who didn't attend and have been keeping up with our posts, thank you. We hope that our concerted effort through posts, pictures, and videos were able to help you at least feel a little of what we did there in Hawaii. I'm sure there are a couple people including our beloved Jade that are also set to post a recap soon so be on the lookout for that! We hope to see everyone from the tour and also those of you who weren't able to make it in the next event (possibly the world tour)!

P.S.
@Daydreamer P: Pieter! I got your LINE message too! I'm totally down to meet up, when are you coming!? More importantly, where are you going to stay? Hopefully me and the others here from SoCal can arrange a gathering while you're down here. What do you say guys?

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 3 Ban10
またねとおおきくてをふって、さよならじゃないことたしかめた。
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Daydreamer P wrote:ALRIGHT!!!!!

The Flying Dutchman going To California, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Who wants to meet up with me?????

For reals!? You should post on the SH USA Thread! I wanna hang out!

@topic 

Im still uploading the videos, I have a video of erichs speech at dinner, a video of Alan's MAMI cosplay and more!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:35 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

All right, here's my write-up! I have to split it up into two posts because it's way too long to fit into one, haha. I tried my best to include most of what the band talked about each day we saw them.

Also, I still have to put together a video with clips that I had taken all throughout the trip, which I'm sure will be suuuper long. I'll post it in this topic when it's done.

Again, thanks to everyone who came out and participated in the Fan Meeting! I'm so glad we were able to get a good number of people so that we international fans could take part in it too. If there is a next time, I'm sure that we will be included from the get-go!

Day 1 - May 29th:

Day 2 - May 30th:

Day 3 - May 31st:

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:35 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Day 4 - June 1st:

Day 5 - June 2nd:

Day 6 - June 3rd:

This trip really was so much fun. Again, I'm so glad we were able to take part in the all of the events, and I'm glad I got to meet all of you guys!

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:41 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
fredrickfx wrote:You're the hero SH deserves, but not the one they need right now. You're not their hero. You're a silent guardian. 

YES! So much win!

@Fredrickfx no problem! An artist never include themselves in their own art work
 .nerd.  
Well even at the event I noticed the MC cutting corners on the translation so I figured to try and go back to translate to see what I missed. 

The entries have also helped me fill in gaps of my own in my personal journal. However I will not post mine unfortunately. I feel like all points were covered adequately. 

@Jephilogist haha alright got that reedited! but yeah I feel ya on the translation. They did speak very fast at times and I do have trouble understanding people who speak Japanese too fast.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:07 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thank you very much for all the stories people. I have been swamped with work all this past month and reading all this makes daily life a little bit easier.

And to those who went and saw SCANDAL live for the very first time, congratulations! You have joined the fortunate few who have experienced the indescribable magic!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:17 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Thoseguiltyeyes Wow! Just read your personal entry! Now I need to revise my journal for some stuff I missed! Thanks a lot!
In my opinion though I thought Kimaguren having their audience participate was awesome! I love bands like that. I even found myself jumping up and down with random Japanese fans! haha. Man I forgot how good they were. 
And must you remind me how I made poor Tomo guess "oyogu"? I felt soooo bad! But it made sense in my head... I mean we were surrounded by beaches. 
.shy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Guys, from now on it is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to take ANY KIND OF PICTURE OR VIDEO of me sleeping.

@Jade I hadnt realized how many RT and replies you get form SCANDAL, that is awesome! Great recap of events as well!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:33 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@Mark: I agree that Kimaguren having their audience participate was awesome, but I think they had them participate just a little too much! And yes, I totally remember you joining the Japanese fans, taking off your shirt, and jumping up and down with them. And don't worry about the TOMO oyogu thing; we ended up winning anyway!

@Lale: hahaha sorry about that Tongue I can take down that picture of you, if you'd like lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:03 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:@Mark: I agree that Kimaguren having their audience participate was awesome, but I think they had them participate just a little too much! And yes, I totally remember you joining the Japanese fans, taking off your shirt, and jumping up and down with them. And don't worry about the TOMO oyogu thing; we ended up winning anyway!

@Lale: hahaha sorry about that :PI can take down that picture of you, if you'd like lol

Hahaha, thats just a joke Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:14 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Jade: Thanks for the translations on what we missed! 

Also now it makes sense why nobody said anything when I asked how'd you sprain your ankle when we were carrying stuff hahaha

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories - Page 3 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:35 am

Daydreamer P

Daydreamer P

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thnx Noodles,

I look forward in seeing you, fred, Jade,Hubert...whoever comes more, again haha
I will be in California from the 17th to 21th maybe longer.
I will also post a message on the SH USA thread.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:00 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
Jade! Loved your write up. Just when I thought there was nothing else that could possibly be covered, you covered more. I'm glad you touched up on the translations too. I felt like I missed out a little at the fan meeting cause the MC was a whack translator and no one really went into detail about what Haru said at the concert so thanks! Pinnasyi was adorable, I hope the girls mention something about our gifts and fan letters later. Speaking of which, thanks for also posting the fan letters! I was really curious to see what other people did too. Oh and about Runner's High. We'll go with a dark knight theme too and say we ran for them without requiring acknowledgement, haha. And I don't think that happened because we signed up the day before. I feel like it's either one or both of two things. One, all the teams mentioned had SCANDAL in their names. Two, there was another team called Runner's Hi that had nothing to do with the band. If they were the ones who messed up our chance to be called we're gonna..

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:25 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Here is another video from the trip, quite the speech I would say.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:28 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
Nice, I saw you with your phone while Erich was making the speech and was wondering where the footage or pictures of it were in your post but here it is! Hubert looks like he's waiting for him to wrap it up so he can eat, lmao.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:29 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Whoa...I just finished reading everyone's accounts of the trip.
I want to thank everyone for sharing their individual experiences.  Since I was only able to attend the live on Sunday, reading all of the accounts made me feel like I was right there for everything.  Still a kinda jealous though....w

It's surreal seeing SCANDAL in places I'm so familiar with....Especially, Boots & Kimo's.  I've been wanted to try there for a while.  Plus, it's somewhat near my house so....→ Σ(゚Д゚; )
Yeah, pretty much my reaction when I found out.

Ah, I remember seeing a couple of Yuyan's posts on twitter, and I have to say he's pretty awesome.

Hearing how the fan meeting went was awesome.  (At least you guys didn't get eaten at the "Meat & Greet"....w) I wish I had know ablout it opening up to overseas fans earlier.  Unfortunately, I found out too late. (By twitter, I believe.  I think it was a fan from Seattle.) Since I read somewhere that they might want to hold another one someday, I wonder what kind of games they would try.  For some reason, I kind of want to see some sort of karaoke taikai (battle) or something, similar to the J-MELO fan meetings....Ah, sorry!  Rambling a bit....

Anyway, if Mami and Tomomi make good on their word to try to run the ekiden in the future, and members want to participate again, I really suggest that you do a little training at least.  As some of you already found out, the Hawaii sun and humidity can be dangerous.  I'm surprised you guys did well, despite some runners not training much. 

Ah, one last thing.  I heard the ekiden interview on the radio this morning.  I was a bit surprised that Rina wanted to try Hawaiian style pancakes here too.  So far, I've only heard Haruna talk about them.  I'm glad Haruna likes malasadas.  I wonder if she got any while she was here....I've got some recommendations she should try next time.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.