Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」
Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:35 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Question about the LA events, I looked up the tickets online - it seem it's a GA Floor (so no seats???)

In Chicago the venue has 4400 seats. The show will be GA except the front row or 2 will be VIP tickets.

In the Festival BluRay it seemed like they were standing most of the time - not sure if they even had chairs.  Since some of you have been to concerts in Japan how does that work - are they just standing because they want to or because they have to?

So sorry for my lack of knowledge / experience, Herbert Groenemeyer we had chairs, and Semisonic back in 1998 we had chairs and benches (It was in an ice arena at my college after we got hit by a tornado).  The private concert we attended for the Scarlet Furies had hay barrels to sit on (it was in a barn).

Are these standing only concerts - and is that the norm?  Does VIP then just get you in 1st so you can be in front of the line without getting there really really early?  For HG we got their early and was stuck outside for an hour and some people got to go in early - I think the VIP folks.

Re: People on phone and refunds, don't be afraid to call back and talk to someone else.

So again sorry for being new, but thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:42 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
So annoying. I was super polite, too.

I guess I'll try again later.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:43 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Alxa wrote:Question about the LA events, I looked up the tickets online - it seem it's a GA Floor (so no seats???)

Correct: there are no seats whatsoever. It's a standing room only venue, so you must be prepared to be on your feet the entire time.

In the Festival BluRay it seemed like they were standing most of the time - not sure if they even had chairs.  Since some of you have been to concerts in Japan how does that work - are they just standing because they want to or because they have to?

There were definitely chairs in the FESTIVAL venue. I saw SCANDAL at that same venue in the past and sat in a chair. The larger venues that SCANDAL plays at in Japan (halls and arena-class venues such as the FESTIVAL venue) have chairs, but no one ever utilizes them because concerts like SCANDAL's are very high-energy with lots of crowd participation--no one wants to sit down.

However, they do like playing at smaller, standing room-only venues, known as live houses, in Japan. They usually have two national tours a year: one at halls with seating, and one at live houses that are standing only.

For this HELLO WORLD tour, they will be playing at both types of venues. In Japan, they will be playing at halls with seating. For the international leg, they will be playing mainly at standing room-only venues such as HOB.

Are these standing only concerts - and is that the norm?  Does VIP then just get you in 1st so you can be in front of the line without getting there really really early?  For HG we got their early and was stuck outside for an hour and some people got to go in early - I think the VIP folks.

The CA concerts are definitely standing only, and yes, that is the definition of VIP this time: you don't need to stand in line for a long time, you get to go in early before all of the non-VIP people, and you get to meet the band.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 24 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Alxa wrote:

The CA concerts are definitely standing only, and yes, that is the definition of VIP this time: you don't need to stand in line for a long time, you get to go in early before all of the non-VIP people, and you get to meet the band.

Awesome so you will get meet and greet time - I think that was how the Herbert Groenemeyer concert was supposed to work too.  Is that how some of you got your pictures with them - VIP in Hawaii?

Hopefully we'll get an option at acen with the VIP.  It would be really awesome to get the festival blu-ray autographed or just a chance to say how I like their music in Japanese - something a lot better then just ありがとう あおざいます Happy

This is how I'm going to survive the next few months of work - singing along to Scandal  .happy. I loaded up my CD player with all 8 of the CDs this morning (used to only have 4 in there, and I'm old enough I have a Pioneer Elite 100 cd player...)  And it's set up in order of release.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:59 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Actually totally worth the extra $50 I might end up paying, but still want back just on the principal of the matter.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
By the way has anyone seen anything about the Anaheim show?

2015/05/22 hello world Hollywood
 2015/05/23 hello world Anaheim
CANTA DANCE
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:16 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Mich Acevedo wrote:By the way has anyone seen anything about the Anaheim show?

Nothing updated. I called the Anaheim HoB this afternoon, and the ticket rep there said she has no information about the show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
saldiven wrote:
Mich Acevedo wrote:By the way has anyone seen anything about the Anaheim show?

Nothing updated. I called the Anaheim HoB this afternoon, and the ticket rep there said she has no information about the show.
Oh ok thanks I guess we'll just have to wait Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:31 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Alxa wrote:Awesome so you will get meet and greet time.  Is that how some of you got your pictures with them - VIP in Hawaii?

No, that was a special event called a Fan Meeting that they most likely won't have again. It wasn't a regular concert--they played an acoustic set, had a game corner, and we got to take a picture with them.

Hopefully we'll get an option at acen with the VIP.  It would be really awesome to get the festival blu-ray autographed or just a chance to say how I like their music in Japanese - something a lot better then just ありがとう あおざいます Happy

I don't think the same VIP perks will apply for Chicago because it's part of Acen and not a standalone SCANDAL concert. The last time SCANDAL was here for an anime con, they did do a signing but only after you bought a $30 shirt which came with a square piece of paper known as a shikishi board, and they were only allowed to sign those. No autographs were allowed on anything else. Of course, these rules were set by the organization that brought them to the con, so it's possible it might be different this time, but we have no way of truly knowing beforehand.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:30 pm

barron

barron

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://10nineteen.com
saldiven wrote:So annoying. I was super polite, too.

I guess I'll try again later.

I just got my refund on my 2nd try. This last representative gave me the same line about "It's up to the client to issue a refund, and they have to email them." I told them that HOB Sunset is one of the venues that are guaranteed refund and she checked and said "Oh, this is within 72 hours. Ok, I can refund the ticket."

So, try mentioning that HoB Sunset is on that list...

http://concerts.livenation.com/ourguarantee/venues/

Good luck!

I'm so stoked to have the VIP ticket!!

-Barron

Last edited by barron on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to the venue list)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:54 pm

dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
!! YES !! I SCORED A  Sunset Strip VIP PASS !!
!! LIFE IS GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !!

Hmmm....hmmm. I still need a VIP pass to the Anaheim show though...

What's public transportation system like in L.A.? Should I rent a car or just take a bus?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should stay in L.A.? Anyone need a room mate? Etc...

I may just fly into Las Vegas rent a car there and drive to L.A., that's the way I did it last time. The hotel and rental car were very nice and reasonable priced.

I think it took me about 6 or 7 hours to drive there last time. .nerd.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double posts. Please edit your first post if you wish to add more.)

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:50 am

wolonggong

Caless Student
Caless Student
When I saw they were coming to Chicago on Facebook and damn near did a backflip out of my chair...then I went to their site and saw the date and near died.

I will be out of town on business.

So crushed...so so crushed...took a few days to get over it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:39 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
wolonggong wrote:So crushed...so so crushed...took a few days to get over it.
Welcome to the club . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:15 am

chandlerping

chandlerping

Caless Student
Caless Student
So what kind of perks will you guys be getting with the VIP pass for the Sunset Strip show?
Just wondering what I will be missing out on, coz i only have the regular ticket.....

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:17 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

chandlerping wrote:So what kind of perks will you guys be getting with the VIP pass for the Sunset Strip show?

From Live Nation: "Priority entry, Meet and Greet (photo) and a Pre-Signed poster give away."

-----------------------------------------------------------

dpcarrico wrote:What's public transportation system like in L.A.? Should I rent a car or just take a bus?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should stay in L.A.? Anyone need a room mate? Etc...

I may just fly into Las Vegas rent a car there and drive to L.A., that's the way I did it last time. The hotel and rental car were very nice and reasonable priced.

You will need to rent a car here if you want to get around freely and in a timely manner. Being an LA native, I can't really suggest any good places to stay because I really don't know of any. If you drive from Vegas to LA, it should take you around 5 hours.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:32 am

dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
chandlerping wrote:So what kind of perks will you guys be getting with the VIP pass for the Sunset Strip show?

From Live Nation: "Priority entry, Meet and Greet (photo) and a Pre-Signed poster give away."

-----------------------------------------------------------

dpcarrico wrote:What's public transportation system like in L.A.? Should I rent a car or just take a bus?

You will need to rent a car here if you want to get around freely and in a timely manner. Being an LA native, I can't really suggest any good places to stay because I really don't know of any. If you drive from Vegas to LA, it should take you around 5 hours.

Hmmm... sounds like some good advice to me.

Thanks a heap .hail. TGE.

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:02 am

chandlerping

chandlerping

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

Thank you.....
I just got the VIP tickets too........I hope i can refund the regular one lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:46 am

SuperNingen

SuperNingen

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just called to refund my regular tickets. It was no hassle with the person I got. Got 2 VIP tickets for my wife and I. Super excited!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:18 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Hoping and praying that the VIP tickets aren't completely gone by the time I can buy them ><

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 24 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:18 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hi everyone! Anyone who plans to attend any shows in USA, Mexico, Paris or London that hasnt added me on facebook feel free to do so! It'll be awesome to hang out with everyone! We'll probably be planning a bunch of cool things!

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 24 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:45 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So jealous that some of you will be getting a meet & greet along with a signed poster.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:13 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I managed to call and refund the regular tickets as well after I purchased the VIP ones. It was pretty easy actually. At first, the woman tried telling me their terms and conditions didn't allow for refunds but that completely changed when I mentioned to her about the 72 hours and participating venues. Getting the refund was easy after pressing the 72 hour policy.

Now it's starting to become the time where I need to stop being lazy and actually start looking into hotel costs and airline fares for everything. ^^"

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:41 am

rconthenet

rconthenet

Caless Student
Caless Student
I got my VIP ticket!!
This is totally cool!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Chabo8888

Chabo8888

Caless Student
Caless Student
Is anyone going to more than just one concert of them? 

I first thought to visit UK but I think that will be quite the same as GER. 

No I am thinking to visit LA. =) 

Have you planned anything tonight in LA? =)

closed...
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:13 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Chabo8888 wrote:Is anyone going to more than just one concert of them? 

My boyfriend and I are planning to go to France, UK, Germany, Mexico, and all of the US dates, so it's looking like we'll be going to 7 shows. Another handful of my friends are planning to do the same/almost the same.

Have you planned anything tonight in LA? =)

haha um, I don't think you mean tonight in LA, right? You're talking about the night of the LA show? Then no, we haven't planned anything yet since this show was only just announced. We'll decide on something later.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum