Go down

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour [Page 2 of 16]

Re: [USA] HELLO WORLD Tour
Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@akakina, silkdog44, moose, ortega: Great; thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiguo wrote:If I decided to do it (by today obviously) could I still get in TGE? I would be fine with PayPal.

Yes, you can! I might hold off getting the badges just a little longer until I hear back from this one other member who had wanted to purchase for 3 people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

shirokun wrote:So does that make 20+ people willing to PayPal?

Please don't double post; you can edit your first post if you wish to add something. Happy

And we're almost but not quite at 20; right now we have 19 people. As I just mentioned above, I'm waiting to hear back from another member who had wanted to purchase for 3 people. I can wait maybe another day or so to see if anyone else wants to still be in our group.

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:20 pm

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

Please don't double post; you can edit your first post if you wish to add something. Happy

And we're almost but not quite at 20; right now we have 19 people. As I just mentioned above, I'm waiting to hear back from another member who had wanted to purchase for 3 people. I can wait maybe another day or so to see if anyone else wants to still be in our group.
Ah, sorry about that~ :3

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Shiguo

Shiguo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Okay, so I'm in for Chicago. And like I said I'm good with paying you with PayPal.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:01 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Shiguo wrote:Okay, so I'm in for Chicago. And like I said I'm good with paying you with PayPal.

Awesome! Can you please sign up for an account using your SH username and join our group? The group key is "HELLO WORLD"

http://www.acen.org/group/SCANDAL%20HEAVEN

------------------------------------------------------------------

I see there's a new user in our Acen group and I have no idea who they are. Whoever signed up with the username "Crow," please either reply here or send me a PM letting me who you are and if you're okay with PayPal-ing me for the cost of your badge (final cost TBD).

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Shiguo

Shiguo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Shiguo wrote:Okay, so I'm in for Chicago. And like I said I'm good with paying you with PayPal.

Awesome! Can you please sign up for an account using your SH username and join our group? The group key is "HELLO WORLD"

http://www.acen.org/group/SCANDAL%20HEAVEN
Done! ( ^o^)/

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
GeoFreak wrote:O'Hare is really big and thus can be a bit of a pain to navigate, but it's only one mile (one stop on the L) from the convention center where Anime Central will be held. Many more airlines go to O'Hare than Midway, but Midway does have a lot of Southwest flights, which could be cheaper. And you could take the L all the way from Midway to O'Hare. So, it's a tradeoff between getting a (possibly) cheaper flight to Midway, or paying a little more for the convenience of O'Hare for getting to Anime Central.

You could also just stay somewhere far from the convention center, for example downtown, and just take the L to the convention. Then the convenience of O'Hare is less of a factor. I haven't started looking for lodging, but I bet the hotels near the convention center will be pretty expensive.
I've heard about how big O'hare is and it's mainly the size of the airport that's really making me a big scared to actually fly there. Although, to be honest, I didn't even know there was a second airport in the Chicago area until my mother mentioned it. Weighing out which airport would be better is something to research and consider. I'm not too worried about using public transportation as long as Chicago has at least a half-way decent public transit system.

Thank you for the advice~ It's definitely something to think about. c:

Oh and I wouldn't mind splitting a hotel room with someone, they're damn expensive... Comfort Inn is the cheapest one on ACEN's website which is $120 Single Occupancy and $130 Double Occupancy.

Quadruple is $160, split four ways is a great price for a decent hotel.

Wishful thinking eh? lol
The hotels listed on ACEN's website are probably only the ones who have partnered with them. The packages they're offering are probably just a discount on the rooms if you book with ACEN, which probably won't be too big of a discount but it's worth calling the hotels and asking about ACEN's blocked rooms and such.

Typically, you can find cheaper rates at locally owned motels over chained hotels like Comfort Inn. There's probably some locally owned hotels near the convention or in a 1 to 2 mile radius of it (or in another nearby suburb city) that would be easy to get to the convention from with some walking or buses~

Although that's just a guess right now since I haven't looked much at the hotels in the area haha. ^.^" It's worth looking around at more locally owned hotels for cheaper prices, and a lot of locally owned ones are pretty nice as well. c:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Shiguo

Shiguo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Okay, well I messed this all up. See post above lol.

I've flown through O'hare several times (although I've never been outside it) and it's not bad at all. If you've been through ATL, DFW or MNP(? Minneapolis) then I wouldn't worry too much. I can't remember but I think DFW might be smaller, not sure.

As for public transportation from what I've been told by people who've lived there is that it's really good, so I don't think getting around should be an issue.

And if any of us going to Chicago are meeting up at or around the airport then it would be even better. I certainly wouldn't mind as I've never been outside the airport (^^).

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:22 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Airi-chan wrote:

Typically, you can find cheaper rates at locally owned motels over chained hotels like Comfort Inn. There's probably some locally owned hotels near the convention or in a 1 to 2 mile radius of it (or in another nearby suburb city) that would be easy to get to the convention from with some walking or buses~

Although that's just a guess right now since I haven't looked much at the hotels in the area haha. ^.^" It's worth looking around at more locally owned hotels for cheaper prices, and a lot of locally owned ones are pretty nice as well. c:

The Hotel we booked - the ACEN rate saved us over $100 off the normal rate.  

Also Hotels vary widely in quality.  For work I almost always end up in Marriots, for leisure travel I like Hyatts but even they vary greatly in quality and cost.    So I have a floor in quality I won't go below.  But many of you just want a bed.

But since I travel a fair amount I'm also interested in rewards programs.

For others not on the ACEN page trip advisor is a good site:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g36630-Rosemont_Illinois-Hotels.html

Will give you a ranked list of most/all of the hotels in Rosemont.  But do pay attention to location.  And factor in transportation costs.  Lowest I found for 15-17 of may was 95$ at a Best Western.  Guessing that's prepay in full.

Here's a list of all hotels in rosemont:
http://www.rosemont.com/where-to-sleep/rosemont-hotels/

We're in a 1st tier suburb which affects cost.  But at we're in a town with more hotel rooms then residents so that helps.

EDIT: Minneapolis airport is MSP.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Alxa wrote:The Hotel we booked - the ACEN rate saved us over $100 off the normal rate.  

Also Hotels vary widely in quality.  For work I almost always end up in Marriots, for leisure travel I like Hyatts but even they vary greatly in quality and cost.    So I have a floor in quality I won't go below.  But many of you just want a bed.

But since I travel a fair amount I'm also interested in rewards programs.

For others not on the ACEN page trip advisor is a good site:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g36630-Rosemont_Illinois-Hotels.html

Will give you a ranked list of most/all of the hotels in Rosemont.  But do pay attention to location.  And factor in transportation costs.  Lowest I found for 15-17 of may was 95$ at a Best Western.  Guessing that's prepay in full.

Here's a list of all hotels in rosemont:
http://www.rosemont.com/where-to-sleep/rosemont-hotels/

We're in a 1st tier suburb which affects cost.  But at we're in a town with more hotel rooms then residents so that helps.

EDIT: Minneapolis airport is MSP.
I have to admit that giving $100 is a pretty generous thing for a hotel to do. x) From my experience in the industry, we usually don't give that much off a normal rate because we need to make a profit as well. It actually does surprise me to hear that, although that's a very good surprise haha. x) I'll try calling to some of the hotels whenever I'm able to find the time to. It seems like it good a lot of good after reading your post. ^.^

Mhm that's true. I'm not looking for much in a hotel other than a place to sleep, shower, and hopefully be provided breakfast. I really just want a cheap hotel since I intend to spend most of the time outside the hotel anyway. xP A cheap hotel is typically fine for me as long as it's clean. c: Plus, I'm going to swing this with a very small and pretty tight budget, so upscale places like The Marriott aren't really in the budget for me. x)

Thank you for the advice~ :3 It's very helpful actually and gives a lot to think about. ^.^

Factoring in the travel time from hotel to destination is a very big thing to consider when looking at hotels, especially if one is unable to drive. I always looked for hotels in the general area of whatever I'm travelling for (both L.A and Anaheim hotels are going to be close to the venues). But public transit is something not out of the question. It's typically not too much and if Chicago's transit system is anything like San Francisco's, there's also the possibility of weekly passes or transfers or something. It's a lot of research to do to know the area and decide which hotels are best for certain people. c:

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Darkath9

Darkath9

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've also decided to pay via PayPal to TGE. I think that completes the group  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:11 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
Is Scandal going to do a signing/panel at the ACEN con? If they are not I might just skip the con.

formally known as graftenberg
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
graftenberg wrote:Is Scandal going to do a signing/panel at the ACEN con? If they are not I might just skip the con.

Elsewhere in this forum I linked to acen page where it was said they will be doing both.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:21 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I'm still waiting to hear from Af8! and her party of 4, but everyone else in the Acen group (22 people) says they're okay with PayPal!

I'll be placing the order this Friday, 2/6. All those in the group, I'd like to ask for everyone to please PayPal me $50 each to shacengroup@gmail.com by then. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 am

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Money has been sent~ I had to pay a $1.75 fee for using debit but it doesn't matter, it's easier that way. lol

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:53 am

Shiguo

Shiguo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Money sent as well. (^^)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:10 am

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I noticed while looking at a map of Chicago today that the Alder Planetarium, Field Museum, and Shedd Aquarium are almost on top of each other. A chance to spend a day as a 3rd grader and anime and Scandal :cheer:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:16 am

ortega

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hey thoseguiltyeyes,

I sent you the money for two badges. I'll be buying for myself and for moose.
Thank you!

--ortega

Last edited by ortega on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed tickets to badges)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:37 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Thank you to everyone to who has PayPal'd me so far! The only one I'm still waiting on is Darkath9, so please make sure to PayPal me by tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Darkath9

Darkath9

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Payment sent.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:06 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

[USA] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 2 VrqfHRV

Badges purchased! Each member should be able to view their individual badge/membership number under their Acen account (go to "My Profile"). Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:07 am

Wily

Wily

Caless Student
Caless Student
ACEN weekend is going to be awesome! May14th Babymetal at HOB, then SCANDAL's concert the next day and rest of the weekend. I can't wait. I hope i can get front row premium tickets. front row center so i can see Haruna. Should be announced really soon...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:42 am

Charly66

Charly66

Caless Student
Caless Student
BabyMetal and Scandal are coming to my backyard on same weekend!!!!! cant wait

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:38 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow, that's pretty interesting. I hope you can manage to get tickets to both. Would make for an awesome week.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:28 pm

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Scandal, Final Fantasy concert, and Babymetal-Its the best weekend of ALL TIME

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:12 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
eionswolf wrote:Scandal, Final Fantasy concert, and Babymetal-Its the best weekend of ALL TIME
I so totally wish I could have gone to both Chicago and LA. That would have made for one crazy week.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.