Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:48 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sad to say, I didn't like Flashback No. 5 that much at first... could be the bad audio or could also be due to its preview being too short... I'll have to keep my patience a little longer I guess

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
FLASHBACK NO.5 Sounds Just PERFECT! Can't stop repeating it over and over again.

I also hope for another MV. In OVER DRIVE era they released two PVs, for -Over Drive and for -SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE>>

So i still have a hope for new music video >>

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:28 pm

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Flashback No. 5 sounds like the type of music played in night clubs. I do not dislike it tho.

Did Haruna just say "F*ck yeah"

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Tombery

Tombery

Caless Student
Caless Student
Finally I am able to write something positive :-P. That’s what I am talking about it sounds like SCANDAL, is strong, has power and it is awesome from the first hearing like a SB, Shunkan or doll. Flashback reminds me a little bit of dolls which is ironic because they had been the cover band but this isn’t a disadvantage.

Same situation like last year with Image. Image was an official release with PV and for me just lower average and Your Song, a video for the internet, a killer song. My impression had been reflected at the lives in Japan. The audience liked Image but gone totally crazy with Your Song. I am curious if the same situation will happen again with Stamp!.

I can’t list my attended lives anymore. Too many – over 60. In 2024 I will celebrate my 10 anniversary of SCANDAL lives.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:40 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Flashback No. 5....Wow

First Impression (before looking at the video/looking at the song name alone): Hmmm, maybe it'll have another western feel similar to Stamp! It'll be cool to hear it since it'll fit with Stamp!

After the short preview: Oh my god, I'm in love. For some reason, I get a sense of Shunkan Sentimental from there (mostly because of the intro), but that might just be me. I'll think of it as a Shunkan pt 2...wait a minute...Flashback...Shunkan...they're flashing back to Shunkan? Haha, I don't know, I'm really blown away by it. If it were to be used in an anime, a fighting anime would be cool (but then we have a lot of those animes already), or maybe a racing anime (I'd most likely say this because of the fact that I'm making a manga, haha). I really can't wait to hear the full version. .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:43 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Somehow Flashback No. 5 reminds me of Nanase Aikawa's songs for some reason...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Flashback No. 5 sounds pretty awesome, that intro was super hype imo. I doubt they would put a B side as an anime opening considering that if they were planning on releasing a song into an opening they probably would want it to be on its own single and everything, but who knows.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Finally! Flashback no.5 (tho only a short non high quality version)

The song sounds really really cool, I had a feeling it was gonna be a bit more energetic and rockier than its a-side partner.  Tho the auto tunes and syncs throws it off a bit for me, and it sounds like they were using a drum machine at one part (tho I think thats just the bad audio lol). It reminds a bit of Love Survive and Rising Star, tho if I can love those songs than I can love this. Heck maybe we get to hear some awesome guitar solo or breakdown in the full version. .clap.
The beginning part (before the guitars come in, around 14:18) reminds me a bit of Metronome and Runners High...ooohhh this makes me even more excited for the full clear version. And it does carry a anime theme song vibe.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:02 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Noodles wrote:Flashback No. 5 sounds pretty awesome, that intro was super hype imo. I doubt they would put a B side as an anime opening considering that if they were planning on releasing a song into an opening they probably would want it to be on its own single and everything, but who knows.
Now that I think of it, you're right. Everyone's giving the "ANIME! ANIME!" banter because it sounded similar to Shunkan, or that it has a intense intro like Harukaze. Scandal is always into experimenting, so who knows. Mami and Kenji Tamai did the music, so it would sound a bit anime like. 

Let's go Mami! Making a lot of their newer songs!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:06 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
All I can say for now is this, Flashback No. 5 saves the Stamp! single.  Nice one

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:33 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ryoseki kun wrote:All I can say for now is this, Flashback No. 5 saves the Stamp! single.  Nice one
Stamp! wasn't all that bad, but Flashback No. 5 is really awesome. Does anyone know the significance of the "No. 5"?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:36 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
NikkoNakamura wrote:
ryoseki kun wrote:All I can say for now is this, Flashback No. 5 saves the Stamp! single.  Nice one
Stamp! wasn't all that bad, but Flashback No. 5 is really awesome. Does anyone know the significance of the "No. 5"?

But I really prefer Flashback No. 5 than Stamp! and it really saves the single there Happy

I'll just stop there, no intention for another arguments, just saying my part. My apology.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:57 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hope we get a clearer audio within the next few days.... Flashback No. 5 is out of my genre that's why the song is just okay to me so far.... Stamp on the other hand is the kind of music that I would play right from my childhood... Too much nostalgia

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:59 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Noodles wrote:Flashback No. 5 sounds pretty awesome, that intro was super hype imo. I doubt they would put a B side as an anime opening considering that if they were planning on releasing a song into an opening they probably would want it to be on its own single and everything, but who knows.
Oh, well, what I wanted to mean is that since Mami is an otaku and the girls are pretty aware that a lot of their fans got to know them through anime, I just thought that Mami kinda want to make a song that's like inspired of anime or something (although I don't hear anything like it)  this is just my wild imagination, I guess haha

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:06 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hanautasancho wrote:Hope we get a clearer audio within the next few days.... Flashback No. 5 is out of my genre that's why the song is just okay to me so far.... Stamp on the other hand is the kind of music that I would play right from my childhood... Too much nostalgia

That's the beauty of Scandal. Every song doesn't sound just like every other song; they have a fairly wide variety of sounds. Heck, there was a period around BeauTEEN where they even had Punk-Ska rhythms going on (that's something I'd love to see them play with some more, sometime....).

Their musical flexibility is probably the thing I like the most about the band.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
danlexia wrote:

A short preview of Flashback No.5 was aired on J-WAVE's 'GROOVE LINE Z' Radio Show.

14:12「FLASHBACK NO.5」

Looks like we got another case of 24 Jikan Syndrome...maybe Rainy Syndrome is more appropriate given the broader difference between A and B side. For those who haven't completely jumped ship on this release and wanted some sort of saving grace, here ya go.

Looking forward to release day so I can get my hands on Flashback haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:41 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ryoseki kun wrote:
NikkoNakamura wrote:

But I really prefer Flashback No. 5 than Stamp! and it really saves the single there Happy

I'll just stop there, no intention for another arguments, just saying my part. My apology.
I know, no need to apologize, haha. Stamp is either a like/dislike song depending on your own taste, I for one like it and found it good. It's all opinion. I can't wait for Flashback No. 5, I do prefer it too with the intro. But as was mentioned a few pages back, I also do wonder why the auto-tune was in there as well as the significance of the No. 5.

I infer that the auto-tune is used to build the tension in the song, like in "Queens Are Trumps", but who knows. I can't wait to listen to it though.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I understand that Scandal is on a process of growing up as a band, I think they're just as fearless as any other musicians who evolved their way of making music, it's essential too so I'm good to it.

They love surprises and I will wait for more of them Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
hapihapi wrote:
Oh, well, what I wanted to mean is that since Mami is an otaku and the girls are pretty aware that a lot of their fans got to know them through anime, I just thought that Mami kinda want to make a song that's like inspired of anime or something (although I don't hear anything like it)  this is just my wild imagination, I guess haha

Yeah I know what you mean, definitely has that anime vibe. I'm really a B side guy and this is going to be one of my favorites for sure, can't wait to get the full song now!

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Lexian
Wow, I thought I was the only one who noticed that, and it usually happens to Scandal first single of the year (e,g Awanai and Departure) with 24 jikan and Rainy. Thats why I had high hopes of Flashback no.5 to be on the energetic kicka** side, (like 24 jikan and Rainy) tho i wasn't expecting it to be auto-tuney. .whistle. but i'm still excited to hear the full version, to see how the song will progress.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:13 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Definitely prefer Flashback No. 5. They're getting in the habit of doing this.

Someday we're gonna need an Encore Show 2.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
NikkoNakamura wrote:Flashback No. 5....Wow

First Impression (before looking at the video/looking at the song name alone): Hmmm, maybe it'll have another western feel similar to Stamp! It'll be cool to hear it since it'll fit with Stamp!

After the short preview: Oh my god, I'm in love. For some reason, I get a sense of Shunkan Sentimental from there (mostly because of the intro), but that might just be me. I'll think of it as a Shunkan pt 2...wait a minute...Flashback...Shunkan...they're flashing back to Shunkan? Haha, I don't know, I'm really blown away by it. If it were to be used in an anime, a fighting anime would be cool (but then we have a lot of those animes already), or maybe a racing anime (I'd most likely say this because of the fact that I'm making a manga, haha). I really can't wait to hear the full version. .love.
Oh hey! Following up from my random thoughts about this song. I somehow reached to this kind of conclusion that maybe the title Flashback no.5 is referring to Shunkan as Shunkan was their 5th major single, and also was an anime song? lolol but who knows. aaaah this is just making me drown in my own imagination  .balloon. and then maybe in the end the title just turns out it means nothing or whatsoever lols

edit: if that may be so, then that means the girls are giving satisfaction to these people who wanted SCANDAL to go back to the Shunkan era or something

Last edited by hapihapi on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Star~world96®️ wrote:@Lexian
Wow, I thought I was the only one who noticed that, and it usually happens to Scandal first single of the year (e,g Awanai and Departure) with 24 jikan and Rainy. Thats why I had high hopes of Flashback no.5 to be on the energetic kicka** side, (like 24 jikan and Rainy) tho i wasn't expecting it to be auto-tuney. .whistle. but i'm still excited to hear the full version, to see how the song will progress.

There's a few of us that notice the pattern, not many. It's one of those little observations you you make from time to time.
The auto-tune is one of those trendy compromises these days that we have to put up with. Judging from the preview, I don't expect it to cover the whole song.
Stay away from SCA-chan, T-Pain!

Great to hear another energetic B-side that'll be part of my morning commute.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Flashback No.5 is sounding goooood~
That intro!;O

I had imagined Flashback No.5 to sound like this.
Can't wait for the full version!

Also, I also hear Haru saying the "f" word in the beginning lol
Idk if she really is, but I wouldn't mind it Tongue
I love when they swear in English in their songs. It's so cute .smile.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 14 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:23 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
Hey guys, I'm so late here. Trying to not get off-topic.

Well, I found myself smiling everytime I see "Stamp!" MV. Sincerely, since "Awanai" I've been excited for every single release of them, because I realized that every release is a pleasant surprise. Of course that "love at first listen" failed sometimes (me about "HELLO WORLD"), but now I see how much effort they're putting on it. And yes, now I can say HW is one of my favorite albums. It grew on me in a way I wouldn't expect. I see this album like a rebirth of SCANDAL. So I'm loving how they're leading their careers. It's fresh and mature, and that's why it's so unique.

Finally, about the single: again, I didn't like it when I listened for the first time, it sounded generic (!!) for me. But then came the MV and I was able to listen one more time (but now in full version) and I was shocked - positively shocked. I realised I was constantly repeating the chorus on my mind ("yaya, dada" ♪). The song is incredibly good, and I'm not a big fan of summer tunes (for example, I really don't like "Taiyou Scandalous" and I still don't understand why people love "Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY" that much; I mean, at least I can enjoy this song a little, but I think it's very overrated). So, I'm pretty excited to see what comes next and what kind of surprise will have the next releases. I couldn't be more proud of them: it has being a long way since I bought "BEST★SCANDAL" back in 2009 and I feel like I'm getting mature with them, and this is so incredible. The music they're bringing to me is exactly the kind of music I want to listen now. Of course I miss the old days, but now the job is already done (very well-done, imo) and the past is still the past. Of course I still love a lot songs like "Anata ga Mawaru" and "Aitai", but now I'm even more satisfied because I can say that I love a band which writes and composes their own songs. If I miss the old school days, then I'll just go listen to her earlier releases. I don't mind if it's pop and/or rock as long as it's good, enjoyable; as long as it can reach my soul. And they definitely not lose their root: "Stamp!" sounds rockish to me, very close to "Kagen no Tsuki" and, like someone said before, "Right Here".

About "Flashback No. 5": I want it full. NOW. I'm loving the theories about the title/concept of it btw. Can't wait to read the lyrics; maybe it really has something to do with "Shunkan"

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.