Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:47 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
Hm, sorry to say that, but now I think I overreacted a bit about "Flashback No.5". It's just an ok song. I feel it lacks something. I don't mind the synth thing - I actually like it. But the song overall sounds bland to me. There's too much "yeah-yeah" and "woah-woah". Still preferring "Stamp!", no doubts. Maybe it sounds better in HQ. Hope it grows on me.

So... No TOMOMI' solo vocals on the entire single this time? I think it's the first time it happens, isn't? If I'm right, then that's sad, 'cause I really love when they share vocals.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:25 am

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was really pumped up when I heard the preview. Flashback No. 5 is a good song but it is nothing so special. I've heard better songs from the band.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 16 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:43 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Really upbeat and fun song. My first listen i also thought this shouldve been the single, but subsequent plays its a bit lacking and Stamp feels more like a fuller song. I could see why this is a b-side. Still really good. I really like where theyre going so far.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 16 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
I personally really liked both stamp and flashback no.5 :3 I also love how they're entirely different from each other but included in the same single  CANTA Thumbs

2015/05/22 hello world Hollywood
 2015/05/23 hello world Anaheim
CANTA DANCE
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:30 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Flashback No. 5 is easily the better song after listening to the full track. A few times I'm hearing auto-tune in places where I'm sure I'm not supposed to (not just in the spots where it's used for effect), but it's not enough to kill the song for me. I think this should have been the A side.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:53 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I've sadly been informed Haru is not saying the "f" word. This makes me sad.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 16 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Sjögren

Sjögren

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ono Sasazaki wrote:I've sadly been informed Haru is not saying the "f" word. This makes me sad.

You mean, cussing words? Isn't that suppose to be a good thing?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:12 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sjögren wrote:You mean, cussing words? Isn't that suppose to be a good thing?

Sorry for going off topic, but that's an interesting username you have there. Are you by any chance Swedish?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ono Sasazaki wrote:I've sadly been informed Haru is not saying the "f" word. This makes me sad.
I am happy that it is not the case, they don't need to use such language in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
So Haruna didn`t said the "f" word. I`m so glad.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 16 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:40 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Kinda sad that we won't get to hear any Tomomi leading vocals on that single. Hopefully things will get back to normal next time.

"Flashback No. 5" is great but putting "Stamp!" as the A side was a cool (and even bold) move, and a nice change of pace. The B side is way too obvious, plus it sounds a lot like some of their older songs. They need to show that they are evolving. Still looking forward to hearing it in full with HD sound.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I know cussing isn't exactly the best thing to do, but I just find it cute when they try to cuss in English lol
But again, just me Tongue

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 16 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Sjögren

Sjögren

Caless Student
Caless Student
joon wrote:
Sjögren wrote:You mean, cussing words? Isn't that suppose to be a good thing?

Sorry for going off topic, but that's an interesting username you have there. Are you by any chance Swedish?

Hey joon thanks for noticing. Sadly no. I got fascinated by Sjögren's syndrome, that's why I used it as my username. Then again, thanks mate. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ono Sasazaki wrote:I know cussing isn't exactly the best thing to do, but I just find it cute when they try to cuss in English lol
But again, just me Tongue
Queens Are Trumps would be that song if you would like to hear Haruna curse. I like that song, but not for that reason. Mostly because of the intro and that cool vibe it gives off.

On subject: I'm really excited for this single. Stamp, days after hearing it, is still playing in my head a lot, and I'm singing "ya ya, da da" a lot too. For Flashback, that'll be my new procrastination song, haha, it's really intense, so I enjoy the song too.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 16 U9CD2Bt
~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:51 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
There we go . . . Just heard Flashback No. 5 and I definitely can say this is a song I can back . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@flyingwill

I don't know, having Haruna mostly sing in both songs is kinda new and  refreshing, don't get me wrong I love Timo's voice, but not every single song they release has to have her sing in it. Haruna's main role is lead vocals and it clearly shows in these two songs, I don't see anything wrong with that.
They gotta give Timo's voice a break too. Onion Tea

Its like how the Stamp! pv is refreshing and different because the girls aren't holding their instruments, since a lot of their previous pv's shows them doing so. And its refreshing for those who want to see them make a pv without their instruments, ( tho they did made 2). So Stamp! and Flashback are like a breath of fresh air for those peeps who mostly love Haru's voice or those who still aren't very fond of Tomomi's voice. (yes they are still fans who feel that way :-O )

I was actually kinda hoping for a single where Haruna play lead vocals in all songs, the closest we had was the Shunkan Sentimental single. 
Though I'm still hoping for a mostly Mami vocal songs. .love.

Last edited by Star~world96® on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really like Flashback No. 5. The intro is really nice and it's a great lead up to the actual song. It'll be nice to hear it in a bit better quality when the single is actually released~ I really like the single overall, both Stamp! and Flashback have their strengths that make them good songs and they kind of compliment each other. Stamp! is a more relaxing, laid back rock song while Flashback is a more fast paced one.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:58 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oricon NINKI* for this week:

01 492.33 Nogizaka46 - Taiyou Knock
02 61.20 Mizuki Nana - Exterminate
03 55.54 Angerme - Nanakorobi Yaoki / Gashinshotan / Mahotsukai Sally
04 50.51 EXILE SHOKICHI - Don't Stop the Music
05 30.23 Lovely☆Doll - Calendar Girl**
06 26.15 SCANDAL - Stamp!
07 21.17 Ohara Sakurako - Manatsu no Taiyou
08 20.29 GALETTe - air summer / Shijou no Ai
09 20.19 SPYAIR - Fire Starter
10 19.88 lyrical school - Wonder Ground**

* The NINKI ratings are the results of a POLL conducted by Oricon indicating degree of interest/degree of purchase intention in an upcoming release. Although the ratings are never a true reflection of sales, it does give a strong prediction about where the single/album will place in terms of popularity amongst the Japanese public. However, they are NOT an indication of how it will perform in terms of chart positioning and total sales for the week.

** These 2 are "cheating" (they've released 1 day earlier than the rest)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Release day is tomorrow - I got shipping notification today with expected delivery tomorrow.

If anyone ordered the single by it self from cdjapan they might have it already (I added some things which delayed the shipping)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
Alxa wrote:Release day is tomorrow - I got shipping notification today with expected delivery tomorrow.

If anyone ordered the single by it self from cdjapan they might have it already (I added some things which delayed the shipping)
Whaaaaat !!! I also ordered stamp from CD Japan and they're still in shipping process  CANTA Depressed

CANTA DANCE
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mich Acevedo wrote:Whaaaaat !!! I also ordered stamp from CD Japan and they're still in shipping process  CANTA Depressed
Same here for me. It has been 'In Shipping Process' all day (21st)
I got the Image single in the mail on the release day, but I'm not feeling too optimistic about such luck this time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
joon wrote:
Mich Acevedo wrote:Whaaaaat !!! I also ordered stamp from CD Japan and they're still in shipping process  CANTA Depressed
I got the Image single in the mail on the release day, but I'm not feeling too optimistic about such luck this time.
Mine has been in shipping process for two days now :/ hahaha I just hope they ship it soon because it'll probably take an extra 3 days in LA customs :$ haha

CANTA DANCE
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
joon wrote:

I ordered on July 1st and ordered 2 other things at the time... did you order later then that?  Could be time of order or size of order that dictates priority. 

But it should ship tonight US time if it's in shipping process now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Alxa wrote:I ordered on July 1st and ordered 2 other things at the time... did you order later then that?  Could be time of order or size of order that dictates priority. 
21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 16 Y1X3kJ1

It has been 'In Shipping Process' for a couple of days now. So maybe it's just random how they pack it. Maybe since there are likely more shipments headed for the USA, they prioritize that first.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
Alxa wrote:
joon wrote:

I ordered on July 1st and ordered 2 other things at the time... did you order later then that?  Could be time of order or size of order that dictates priority. 

Now I feel worse haha haha I ordered the two DVD editions on June 2 and the regular on June 9 D: hahaha  .waaa.

CANTA DANCE
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.