Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Here's my translation of Sponichi's recent article about SCANDAL completing their world tour--and a second world tour in the works?

SCANDAL completes their first world tour! 20,000 people in 10 cities - Next year is world tour #2

Popular girl band 「SCANDAL」 has completed their first world tour that started from 4/25. 20,000 people in total in 10 cities were mobilized. We interviewed the 4 members in Hong Kong, the location of the last performance of the tour. In response to the success of this tour, they declared, 「We'll show you a new SCANDAL」.

New song 「Stamp!」 was finished while on tour and will be released on 7/22. They also expressed their desire to do world tour #2 from next January on a bigger scale than this one.

Their final performance, held on 5/29 in Hong Kong at Macpherson Stadium, consisted of 17 songs. Cheers were especially loud for 「Departure」, a track with lyrics+music by guitarist MAMI (25) on their latest album 「HELLO WORLD」.

The response for the 4's original songs have similarly been good in the other cities as well. They previously performed many songs created by those other than the members, but their confidence has deepened. MAMI said, 「We made our own songs and found what it means to deliver them 」.

「Stamp!」 is another work of MAMI's, completed while on tour. Vocalist HARUNA (26) explained, 「Until now it felt like we were putting a burden on ourselves, but that's where we were able to break through. We were able to do "happy rock" that we wanted to do」.

Drummer RINA (23) 「I learned that, no matter what country, it's important to be able to match the lifestyle of that country and to stay tough as a person」. There have already been requests for performances in countries like Brazil, and the 4 members are very eager to carry out a second overseas tour after the Tokyo-Nagoya-Osaka arena tour starting from this December. For the future, HARUNA said, 「We have confidence to sweep away our image we've had up until now」, and a newborn SCANDAL has appealed and set sail from Hong Kong.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2015/06/01/kiji/K20150601010457370.html

Sponichi article - 「SCANDAL completes their world tour」 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
There have already been requests for performances in countries like Brazil, and the 4 members are very eager to carry out a second overseas tour after the Tokyo-Nagoya-Osaka arena tour starting from this December
I smell album release by then .hmmm.  It's great that requests has been heard! I can't wait for them to have another world tour with more jam-packed songs.
Can we cross off Brazil in the list of the countries they'll be going to? Well, it's still too early to make assumptions, we don't even have new songs yet (other than Stamp and Flashback no.5) Happy Well good luck for the fans in Brazil, I hope the girls go there on their next WT Wink

Thanks for the translations~ Happy
(p.s. Rina trying to make that LA sign is so cute. it was not done well haha XD)

Back to top Go down
joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
From next January? Do they mean that literally, or do they just mean next year in general?

Back to top Go down
M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
joon wrote:From next January? Do they mean that literally, or do they just mean next year in general?
most probably next year in general ._. not right after Arena tour in january

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
From the broadcast of their interview by Teen's Choice yesterday, they said they gonna wow us fans with something big next year. I think they're talking about the next World Tour. Yes, they mentioned Brazil and love to include Australia as well.

Back to top Go down
saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Guess I should start saving up for another vacation or two next year.....

Back to top Go down
Mamiisthebest

Mamiisthebest

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/u14464
Another world tour?! Oh come on please Canada please...

.love.
Back to top Go down
Brv

Brv

Caless Student
Caless Student
It is great to hear that SCANDAL have an intension to make another world tour in 2016 . Hope they will ! Hello World tour was an undoubted success , so right now there should be many more people who know about SCANDAL in the world .  But there still are things that worrying me . Even there were only ten lives outside Japan , as far as I know , not every of the was even sold out . In Japan it’s easy for SCANDAL to bring a crowd of 20000 at the place , but in London venue of only 800 was sold out just a few days before the live . What could happened if capacity was at least 2000 ? That indicates that situation still isn’t as brilliant as we would like it to be . Don’t get me in a wrong way . I really want SCANDAL to do another world tour as soon as possible . But we need to think how to make SCANDAL more well-known in other parts of the world except Japan . Although I think that mechanically increasing number of fans has almost no sense . Who need a millions of “fans” which will look away when you’re having difficult times ? It’s much better to have thousands of fans who will not betray you no matter what . And I believe that SCANDAL fans are true  ones . But , from the other side , if we will increase number of people who know about SCANDAL , we will definitely find new and serious fans among them . So , spreading information about SCANDAL  can be a good idea . I think , as there’s many people from different countries here , we can try to make a subtitles for SCANDAL videos  in our native languages to make Japan fans in our countries more familiar with the band .
              As it is quite useless to hope for SCANDAL visit to Latvia , I hope that they will visit Finland someday . Finland is very close to Latvia and it has a very good relationships with Japan (even first ever intercontinental distance Finnair flight was to Tokyo) and there’s many Japan-related activities there . But , of course , every place in Europe will be ok .

Insanity is an inner freedom . 
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@brv 
Holy Snapple! I totally agree.. Though, after reading this interview,  I was a little iffy on the next world tour in January deal.  I know it's not really confirmed and it was just an idea, but all I can think about is "No Scandal,  it's too soon have a break " January is a too fast and soon, they do need to wait it out a bit to gain more overseas fans, not to mention they still have songs to release,  so why not wait till after a new album. I do think they need to add subtitles to DVDs and documentaries, not all their fans are Japanese speakers. They already have their YouTube Channel for the international fans, why not have some English subs. And since mostly fans heard of Scandal through anime,  I kinda don't want the band to rely only on anime to get popular overseas.
But  Rina stated in this interview (not to mentioned alot of recent interviews ) that they were gonna witness a "new Scandal" , I wonder what it means, a new Scandal in general?  Or a new sound of Scandal?  Onion huh?

Back to top Go down
Brv

Brv

Caless Student
Caless Student
               Star~world96®

Mmm . . . As far as I understand from the interview , SCANDAL didn’t mean “from January” literally . They were only saying that they have some plans for the world tour in 2016 in general , not necessary at the beginning of the year . Well , maybe I got something in a wrong way , because my English is not very good .
            Maybe , it will be a small tour only for anime and Japan fans ? And also connected with SCANDAL anniversary somehow ? Well , before we will have some official declaration or at least SCANDAL confirmation , we can only speculate .
               And yeah , I also agree that it’s a great thing that SCANDAL have so many fans among otaku . I’m always saying that otaku are the most devoted fans in the world !

But Rina stated in this interview (not to mentioned alot of recent interviews ) that they were gonna witness a "new Scandal" , I wonder what it means, a new Scandal in general? Or a new sound of Scandal? 

Maybe , they will make their music heavier ? It would be so great !

Talking about subtitles : I need to find a time to try it . As I was never trying to make subtitles before , I’m not sure if I even will be  able to create .srt or .ass file . Need to read more theory about it .

Insanity is an inner freedom . 
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Brv wrote:               Star~world96®

Mmm . . . As far as I understand from the interview , SCANDAL didn’t mean “from January” literally . They were only saying that they have some plans for the world tour in 2016 in general , not necessary at the beginning of the year . Well , maybe I got something in a wrong way , because my English is not very good .
            Maybe , it will be a small tour only for anime and Japan fans ? And also connected with SCANDAL anniversary somehow ? Well , before we will have some official declaration or at least SCANDAL confirmation , we can only speculate .
               And yeah , I also agree that it’s a great thing that SCANDAL have so many fans among otaku . I’m always saying that otaku are the most devoted fans in the world !

But Rina stated in this interview (not to mentioned alot of recent interviews ) that they were gonna witness a "new Scandal" , I wonder what it means, a new Scandal in general? Or a new sound of Scandal? 

Maybe , they will make their music heavier ? It would be so great !

Talking about subtitles : I need to find a time to try it . As I was never trying to make subtitles before , I’m not sure if I even will be  able to create .srt or .ass file . Need to read more theory about it .
Okay, I guess I shouldn't take their "from January " to literally,  thanks. .whistle. 
As for the new Scandal, I do hope they do make more heavier songs,  or at least dive into more Rock related genres (grunge, progressive, metal, punk, etc) and not have every single songs they'll make under the "pop" category. 

It will Most probably be a small tour for next year,  but knowing Scandal they would probs have 3 tours and one of them would be overseas.

Back to top Go down
hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really like this term "new SCANDAL". The term imo sounds like they are becoming more mature and it will be part of their music.

Anyway, I don't want to surprise myself yet regarding their plans for next year which would be special due to their 10th anniversary as well. If they do again another world tour that might mean a new album release as well or not.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.