thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) CGdGR4X

What happens when SCANDAL, who loves Disney, meets Disney villains?

The villains who appear in Disney movies are collectively referred to as "Disney villains." In this feature, we will publish gravure pictures of SCANDAL, who have been turned into Disney villains.

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) 57BMefmt 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) Nx0PXvxt 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) PWzaw7Zt
【HARUNA meets Maleficent】

──What was it like wearing Maleficent's costume?

I felt like I became stronger in her costume that's covered in feathers. Since it's completely black, I felt like this was the coolest outfit out of the 4 of us. I'm very happy that we've been allowed to wear all these different costumes in this way.

──What's your favorite part of it?

The horns that symbolize Maleficent is my favorite. I don't really get to do shoots with decorations in my hair, so that alone lifted my mood up.

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) OQEg7v6t 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) V2lh6m6t 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) Crty92Kt
【MAMI meets Cruella】

──What was it like wearing Cruella's costume?

For this shoot, I watched the movie and thought a lot about facial expressions and poses. The instant I put the fur on, I went into "Cruella mode." It feels so luxurious.

The bright red heels that Cruella wears in the movie as well. I don't really wear heels normally, so it was a valuable experience for me. The pointy toes look pretty evil (laughs).

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) 000mqu1t 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) BVP9ZKst 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) Y9XBmlut
【TOMOMI meets Evil Queen】

──What was it like wearing the Evil Queen's costume?

It was my first time wearing such a long dress. It's like I'm wearing my pride as a woman, or rather that I felt proud to be a woman. Also, it's my first time having black hair since 「BABY ACTION」 (their album that released in 8/2011). It felt fresh to have black hair after such a long time.

It has to be the hairstyle. I really like these Evil Queen-like eccentric bangs.

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) BTfOakit 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) 7pXd1rUt 1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) IFywLm9t
【RINA meets Ursula】

──What was it like wearing Ursula's costume?

The costume has keynotes of black and purple, and I think it's cool and sexy. The lace-up corset on the side is very lovely and feminine.

The choker with a coral motif and the stole. Actually, the backside of it is a vivid pink. The hairstyle was made with the image of being undersea; extensions were mixed in with my own hair and then curled.

http://natalie.mu/music/pp/scandal_villains

Band interview #1: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12017-scandal-meets-villains-scandal-x-disney-villains#719864

Band interview #2: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12017-scandal-meets-villains-scandal-x-disney-villains#720775

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
ariadne32391

ariadne32391

International Performer
International Performer
I've been waiting the whole day for this... .toj. Thank you as always! 

Anyways... I really love these photos! They are divine! I totally lost my mind when I saw these photos! Timo's love for the eccentric bangs! I don't mind if she'll keep the hairstyle, she looks really good in it.. well they all do!

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) Sig10LOVE
Back to top Go down
Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I never knew SCANDAL as Disney villains was something I needed, but I do. And this is glorious!!  .toj.

They all fit their villain so well!
Haru as Maleficent is killing me holy god! Maleficent is my fav villain and I love this so much LOVE 

I always thought of Rina as Ariel, so her portraying Ursula is really cool.
Mami looks right at home in the Cruella gear lol
Tomo makes a good evil queen. Look at that evil smirk!>:J
Although it's kinda hard to think of cute, tiny Tomomi as evil lol

I hope they bring these back for Halloween or something. Or that they go to Disneyland around Halloween time in their outfits lol They'll rule the place!

Thanks, Jade!

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Meteorgun7

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.facebook.com/Meteorgun7
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Ah they look amazing!!!! Rina! <3

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

SCANDAL meets Disney

──What was it like becoming Disney villains?

RINA: It was so much fun because this was the first time I totally became a character and did a shoot as well.

HARUNA: It kind of feels a bit like a dream of mine came true.

RINA: That's right. Wearing these outfits that were made for us, putting on lavish makeup, and doing a shoot makes me think how glad I am to be a girl.

TOMOMI: Many of our outfits recently have been close to what we wear casually, so I'm very happy that I was able to experience something like this.

MAMI: It's not cosplay quality. It's much more than that (laughs).

RINA: It's already a piece of work!! Getting pros together is amazing (laughs)

──Please tell us about your love for Disney.

RINA: When I was in kindergarten I had a bookcase filled with Disney books and its origins--Grimm Fairy Tales--and read the books in it many times. I've also watched Disney movies many times, so I've loved Disney for a very long time.

HARUNA: I too have loved Disney movies for a long time, and it feels like they're a part of my life. Disney movies were how I started loving musicals and songs.

──What about you, TOMOMI?

TOMOMI: When I was in nursery school, the yearly theater recitals were Disney plays. That's why Disney has been very close to me ever since I was little.

──What about you, MAMI?

MAMI: The members recommended Disney movies to me and I now watch them. Also, we've gone to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea together. I've grown to love Disney, thanks to the members.

Wanting to go to Tokyo Disney Sea during Halloween Time dressed up

──Do the 4 of you go to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea often?

HARUNA: We do. The 4 of us went to Tokyo Disneyland this year too during a break on our tour.

──Do you have any favorite attractions?

HARUNA: I love Haunted Mansion. Last year, my mom and I rode Haunted Mansion when it had the Nightmare Before Christmas layover.

RINA: Ah, that's only for a limited time. The members, record label employees, and office employees once charted a bus to go to Tokyo Disneyland, which was when it was Halloween time. We didn't get to go on many rides since we had the After 6 Passport, but the inside of the park was lit up darkly and had an awesome Halloween atmosphere to it.

──Only Tokyo Disneyland has let visitors enter the park dressed up during Halloween Time until now, but it looks like they'll also be establishing days when you can go dressed up to Tokyo Disney Sea as well.

HARUNA: So, that means that the main characters at Tokyo Disney Sea's Halloween will be Disney villains?

RINA: That's right. It looks like the theme is that Disney villains were invited to the Halloween party by Mickey and friends.

──You know a lot about it (laughs).

RINA: Hehehe (laughs). I'm really looking forward to it now. I want to go.

HARUNA: It's been a long time coming. I want to go dressed in my Disney villain costume.

──Incidentally, who would you like to dress up as?

HARUNA: Captain Hook would be nice!

TOMOMI: Captain Hook for me as well! He has a cute personality.

MAMI: When I saw HARUNA, I thought Maleficent would be nice. I want to grow wings (laughs).

RINA: My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid, so it's definitely Ursula for me. When I was in kindergarten I thought, "Why is Ursula tormenting Ariel so much?" and I really hated her. I dislike octopus because of her, and I'm not able to eat it (laughs). But turning into Ursula made me like her just a little bit.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Captain Hook has a cute personality Tomo ???
I dont think Peter Pan would agree with you Happy

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

お待たせ。

Here's the second and final interview:

New song 「Stamp!」 interview

Wanting to send girl bands as Japanese culture to the world

──Your world tour 「SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015『HELLO WORLD』」 that started from January of this year ended with a performance in Hong Kong at the end of May. Please tell us your impressions of your world tour finishing on which you carried along your latest album 「HELLO WORLD」.

HARUNA: It wasn't just fun; it became a tour on which we came back carrying what is really important to us. We had been recognized by our overseas audiences as "a band that sings anime theme songs" or "a band that performs wearing school uniforms," but this time it was different and really felt like they came out after learning about our music.

──Does that mean that the audiences' reactions were different?

HARUNA: That's right. Our set list this time focused on our album songs, and everyone was properly singing the album songs together with us. I got the impression that they really enjoyed not only the songs that were anime theme songs, but our new songs as well. I was very happy that it feels like our music is being properly transmitted to the world.

RINA: Just like what HARUNA said earlier, people had come to our lives on the premise of seeing us as "a band that sings anime theme songs" or "a band that performs wearing school uniforms." However, on this world tour, we felt like we had to play lives overseas with the same feelings as how we play them in Japan.

──Why is that?

RINA: I think Japan is seen as having a strong anime and idol image overseas. The truth is that girl bands are only gaining steam in Japan.

──You definitely get the impression that there are very few girl bands overseas when compared to all-male bands.

HARUNA: Girl groups overseas consist of more dance units who dance to EDM than bands.

RINA: That's why SCANDAL is in a position to take the lead and transmit girl bands as Japanese culture.

「Stamp!」, connected to the world tour and the arena tour

──Your tour has ended, and you'll be releasing your new single 「Stamp!」 on July 22nd. The title track written by MAMI is a great song that's very simple and has a familiar sound.

RINA: Our single at this timing originally had a image of wanting to do something simple and easy-to-understand.

──When were these ideas born?

HARUNA: I think when the world tour had just started?

MAMI: Yeah. Since we decided that we would release a single after the overseas tour was over, I wanted to make a song that included the atmosphere born on tour and something that felt free. When it was complete, it did turn into a song that's just like that.

──There are no performance scenes in this music video. It's a video that captures SCANDAL being natural throughout the entire thing.

RINA: We produced this MV with an image of finishing up our world tour. We went to shoot in Guam for 3 days and 2 nights, which happened pretty fast. We would hold meetings while eating dinner at night, get makeup done from 3 am, and shot outdoor scenes while the sun was rising. MAMI drove the car during the driving scenes.

MAMI: It was my first time driving in a convertible as well as driving a left-hand drive car. My heart was really pounding. Also, a lot of the drivers passing by would talk to me.

TOMOMI: It seems like foreigners view Japanese people as being very young, like, 「A kid's driving!」. I was surprised at how it almost felt like that (laughs).

──You'll be starting tour at the end of this year after 「Stamp!」 is out. Will it differ from the plans you had for the world tour?

RINA: When we completed 「HELLO WORLD」, we wanted to go on 2 tours in support of 1 album and have it be seen from different places and different viewpoints. We gave our arena tour the title 「PERFECT WORLD」, and we'd like to be able to play lives that will be appropriate for that name.

──I see. It's looking like it'll be fun for those who also went to the world tour.

RINA: The songs on 「HELLO WORLD」 will be the center, but we'll also be debuting new songs as well, so please look forward to them.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Mmmm, as a Japanese idol fan Scandal look very grown up to me and I would never call Mami a kid !

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
RobinDude

RobinDude

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Robin_Dude/
To this day I'm still bummed I missed them at the House of Blues.. Hopefully someday I'll finally be able to see them.

1 - SCANDAL meets Villains (SCANDAL × Disney Villains) X8AcGig
Feel free to add me on Steam!  http://steamcommunity.com/id/Robin_Dude/
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.