Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:01 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Liokt wrote:C'mon guys, don't take it to hard... It's kinda sad to see all this frustration coming from so many fans. 
its not frustration. just because youre a fan doesnt mean you have to like everything they do. its ok to not like everything they put out, doesnt make one less of a fan. theyre plenty of songs theyve released in the past i didnt like. 

however, i do think its great this song exists. ive said it before, unlike other bands, Scandal can play whatever music they want and theyre always good at it. many bands stay stagnant and never change or not experiment and thats why they fade in popularity and or split. each member has their own preferences and styles of writing and they all can express it because Scandal as a band are open to it. i think thats one of the main reasons why they never butt heads and have stayed together for so long.

...i mean look at stereopony.



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:39 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
astoriasky wrote:
Liokt wrote:C'mon guys, don't take it to hard... It's kinda sad to see all this frustration coming from so many fans. 
its not frustration. just because youre a fan doesnt mean you have to like everything they do. its ok to not like everything they put out, doesnt make one less of a fan. theyre plenty of songs theyve released in the past i didnt like. 

however, i do think its great this song exists. ive said it before, unlike other bands, Scandal can play whatever music they want and theyre always good at it. many bands stay stagnant and never change or not experiment and thats why they fade in popularity and or split. each member has their own preferences and styles of writing and they all can express it because Scandal as a band are open to it. i think thats one of the main reasons why they never butt heads and have stayed together for so long.

...i mean look at stereopony.

I agree with you UHUH! UHUH!



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Lexian

Lexian

Moderator
Moderator
http://ask.fm/frozentheory
astoriasky wrote:
Liokt wrote:C'mon guys, don't take it to hard... It's kinda sad to see all this frustration coming from so many fans. 
its not frustration. just because youre a fan doesnt mean you have to like everything they do. its ok to not like everything they put out, doesnt make one less of a fan. theyre plenty of songs theyve released in the past i didnt like. 

however, i do think its great this song exists. ive said it before, unlike other bands, Scandal can play whatever music they want and theyre always good at it. many bands stay stagnant and never change or not experiment and thats why they fade in popularity and or split. each member has their own preferences and styles of writing and they all can express it because Scandal as a band are open to it. i think thats one of the main reasons why they never butt heads and have stayed together for so long.

...i mean look at stereopony.

Bang on evaluation, astoriasky.

We are all scandal fans here but the reasons we love them arent always mutual. Some pick and choose while others welcome everything with open arms. That's just the way things are.
And honestly, any voices of disagreement I've seen on this thread are pretty well-mannered and respectful. Nobody's getting their pants in a knot, as far as I can tell. Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:42 pm

joon

joon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
How long is the window usually between the PV and the release? PV should be pretty soon right?

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:53 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
joon wrote:How long is the window usually between the PV and the release? PV should be pretty soon right?

The output is for September 9, within three weeks. The PV should come out in one week I think, at worst 2 weeks max



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:56 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
winchesterkami wrote:
joon wrote:How long is the window usually between the PV and the release? PV should be pretty soon right?

The output is for September 9, within three weeks. The PV should come out in one week I think, at worst 2 weeks max
I'm so antsy for the PV already! I'm really excited, its amazing that they finished a PV all in one day.I hope it'll come out this week, or somewhat soon! From the screenshots on Instagram, it looks like a really fun PV, so people who edit Scandal's PVs...
BRING IT OUT ALREADY!  Please



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 U9CD2Bt
~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
@astoriasky Dear... did you read everything I've written? Because you quoted only the first sentence... After this, I wrote the following: "I'm not ever saying we all need to love everything they release, but please take it easier"... I also don't like a lot of their past songs, and in my case those are some of their most loved tunes among the fans. So, who am I to judging someone? I think you've misread my statements, and I feel really bad when it happens (and sincerely it happens a lot, so I tend to think that I'm the problem, but anyway, I'm sorry). If you didn't like "Sisters" but have these kind of thoughts you've shared with us about the band and about how fans should support the band even when we didn't like something they release, I think it's fine -  very fine, to be honest. In my mind, fans should support, always, but it doesn't mean that fans should like everything that come from them. I was talking about "frustration" because I saw some people saying "this song isn't what I was expecting, they let me down a little" and I particularly think it's kinda sad because people was only showing the "bad" side of the story. Not meeting our expectations can be a good thing. Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:54 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Liokt wrote:@astoriasky Dear... did you read everything I've written? Because you quoted only the first sentence... After this, I wrote the following: "I'm not ever saying we all need to love everything they release, but please take it easier"... I also don't like a lot of their past songs, and in my case those are some of their most loved tunes among the fans. So, who am I to judging someone? I think you've misread my statements, and I feel really bad when it happens (and sincerely it happens a lot, so I tend to think that I'm the problem, but anyway, I'm sorry). If you didn't like "Sisters" but have these kind of thoughts you've shared with us about the band and about how fans should support the band even when we didn't like something they release, I think it's fine -  very fine, to be honest. In my mind, fans should support, always, but it doesn't mean that fans should like everything that come from them. I was talking about "frustration" because I saw some people saying "this song isn't what I was expecting, they let me down a little" and I particularly think it's kinda sad because people was only showing the "bad" side of the story. Not meeting our expectations can be a good thing. Happy
Even though it might be hard for me to relate to this since I absolutely love what Scandal does with their music, I do feel your point is correct. I mean, with music, you can't generally satisfy everyone, everyone has different tastes!

I feel as if people should like (even if it is a little bit) Stamp and Sisters as well as the singles that they also self-produced because it's becoming more of them, and how they have evolved over the years. The sound and lyrics are both what they wanted it to be.



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 U9CD2Bt
~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:56 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@Liokt
haha sorry didnt meant to make you look like the bad guy. i read/scanned through your post like early in the morning so i probably glossed right through cause we basically said the same thing O_o



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:35 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

I feel as if people should like (even if it is a little bit) Stamp and Sisters as well as the singles that they also self-produced because it's becoming more of them, and how they have evolved over the years. The sound and lyrics are both what they wanted it to be.
While I do agree that their self produce songs is more of them, we cant really promise that every song they'll produce will be like by fans.  Scandal songs (whether self produce or not) is still a Scandal song, and if someone doesn't like it then its just another song on the list of Scandal song he/she doesn't like, no biggie. UHUH!  Sisters is just another song Im not fond of and some fans may not like the song and have perfectly good reason not to.

But I would much whether prefer their self produce songs over some else's work, it has a different feel and sound than some of their non self made songs.

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:18 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I've been listening to this song like non-stop since the radio rip came out, and I can't get why some ppl really don't like it haha
It's an awesome song, to me Happy Onion
The lyrics are really nice too

But I get that not everybody's going to love every single thing SCANDAL puts out. I can respect that. Oh well, I'll love this song even more to make up for the ppl who don't haha



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:23 am

Darkath9

Darkath9

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
There is one thing I've noticed about both the new singles.

I CAN'T GET THEM OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! XD (Not at all a bad thing!)

These tunes are VERY catchy. And I don't mean any normal kind of catchy. I mean like how easy it is to catch lice from other kids in a classroom. While I still heavily dislike the usage of auto-tune (As I feel that their natural voices are already perfect, regardless of the actual truth of this statement XD), it still has that "SCANDAL" feel to it. As someone else posted, it was very similar to Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY's vibes (if only just a little more Pop than Taiyou).

Yeah, sure, it probably doesn't compare to what they've put out in the past, but those works of art are masterpieces. It's very difficult to make something better than your best. They've worked hard on this, and whether we particularly like this single or not, we were ALL excited to see what the outcome of their work was. And that part of this short, yet semi frustrating (As I've been too busy to regularly check these forums for new information, and somehow also missed all the best updates on their Facebook) journey is something that we can all agree was a fun and exciting ride.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hum this song until I fall asleep XD (Seriously can't get it out of my head!)

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:33 am

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It's okay, but I don't like it as an A-side. 
Oh well, it might just grow on me later with repeated plays.

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:23 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Good.

I'm going to get crucified for this but I actually like the auto-tuned bits, it fits the overall feel of the song. The thing is, if auto-tune is used as an effect and not as a crutch, it can work quite well. As for the song itself, I like it more than Stamp.

Looking forward to the video and the B-side.

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:27 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes the auto-tune does not bother me after a few listens, I feel it is being used more as an effect like in Cher's "Believe".



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:38 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I'll be waiting for the proper version to comment on the sound anyway. The radio rip is way too ugly and hissy to be able to have a definitive opinion.

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Almond_Chocolate

Almond_Chocolate

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm

etwee

etwee

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Rock is the greatest, I've loved it since before most of yall were born, but let's not worry too much about genres… not all great music is gonna rock. So… but now that I've seen the first performance of "Sisters" —take it from an old timer— THIS IS ROCK AND ROLL!
Oh yeah, there are a few SCANDAL songs I actually dislike (well—two). But this one? Great message, great sound, great beat—  it moved me to tears, really. This band is magic…

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:34 am

Tomomi World

Tomomi World

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I think they're just exploring their music. Maybe to make their fans doesn't feel bored to hear them

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:10 am

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
etwee wrote:I've seen the first performance of "Sisters" —take it from an old timer— THIS IS ROCK AND ROLL!

Thanks, man! Now I have a different view on the song. Happy I still wait for the other one and hope for a Flashback kind of song.



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 AiwWxDF
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:06 am

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
It's the fourth or fifth time I listen and I like more Happy



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:07 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes I agree, there have been many Scandal songs I did not instantly like but they grow on you Happy



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.wattpad.com/user/MitchanAnni
Tomorrow is band's 9th anniversary and Rina's birthday.
I hope they will put up a preview for the MV.~~



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 Tumblr_pozeqtWrPt1shzh85o4_400
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:47 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah this will be cool



22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 7 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Its weird that they put out the live of the song before the release and the PV, I'm not sure if they done this before.

Does any one know the duration of the B-side? Not that its really important but they usually put out the time frame of the songs. Balloon

Back to top Go down