You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album, which would you choose?

If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le115%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 5% [ 3 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le118%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 8% [ 5 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le112%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 2% [ 1 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le113%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 3% [ 2 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le113%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 3% [ 2 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le118%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 8% [ 5 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le1123%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 23% [ 15 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le1131%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 31% [ 20 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le115%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 5% [ 3 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le114%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 4% [ 3 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le112%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 2% [ 1 ]
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-le110%If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album Bar-ri11 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 65

If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album
Posted Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:47 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album, which would you choose?

I scrolled through pages of topics to make sure this wasn't a repost, but sorry if that's the case. I feel masochistic even posting this question, but I guess it's easier to answer than "if you could only listen to one SCANDAL song."

I know I posted this question, but even I can't decide LOL. It's a tie between Encore Show and Scandal Show. On one hand, Scandal Show is a compilation of their most notable songs including my most favorite song (Taiyou to Kimi) so it would make the most sense, while on the other hand Encore Show is a great great GREAT album that has many of my favorites (Cute!, Happy Collector, So Easy) and it's just makes me very happy in general. Well all the albums make me happy, but you get what I mean. 

Gahhh, this is hard to think about... .fustrated. .whiteflag.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SCANlover

SCANlover

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://lunamikk69.tumblr.com/
I voted for HELLO WORLD, but if I only can listen it, I miss a lot STANDARD, Queens are Trumps ~Kirifuda wa Queen~ and TEMPTATION BOX .omg.

-10/01/2010- (avatar&banner by me) -HARUTOMO-
Back to top Go down
AlyTae

AlyTae

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.efpfanfic.net/viewuser.php?uid=264501
Encore Show

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]6/6/2013 Green Day
1/3/2014 All Time Low
15/11/2014 + 21/11/2015 Lo Stato Sociale
11/5/2015 Sonata Arctica
19/3/2016 Modena City Ramblers
18/9/2016 SCANDAL
.:. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].:.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].:.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].:.
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Queens are Trumps Happy

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Oof! Jeeze, I picked Encore Show and I'm not sure I meant to. My hand just instinctively went there, but then I realized I'd be missing Scandal Baby, Taiyo to Kimi ga Egaku Story, Everybody Say Yeah! and a bunch of other iconic songs.

But I love Encore Show and I feel like it's in some ways more of the real essence of the band than any other album. Their b-sides are where they can do whatever the heck they want without worrying about individual sales or how a track sounds in relation to other songs on an album. In the early days it was the only way they got to write some songs totally by themselves. But even the collaboration songs often had a little different sound.

I guess it'd really be a tie for me between Encore Show and Scandal Show, but I feel like Scandal Show is cheating a little bit. Any band's "greatest hits" is probably going to be the desert island album for that band. But for a b-side collection to be as defining as Encore Show is is something different.

If I had to pick a single studio album, it'd probably be Standard, with Temptation Box a very close second.

Back to top Go down
neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm in conflict between BEST SCANDAL and STANDARD  .nerd. .nerd. .nerd. .nerd.

Back to top Go down
Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Gonna go with STANDARD on this one. Has the blend of everything I look for when listening to SCANDAL's music.

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Standard definitely, can't get enough of the songs. Gotta love those energetic songs. Thumbs up

Back to top Go down
flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
spacecadet's answer could also be mine to be honest. Probably also because Encore Show is the album that turned me into a fan.

If I stick to "real" albums, I dunno if I could choose between Standard and Hello World.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ChaoChao

ChaoChao

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://wattpad.com/user/ChaoChao19
I'll go with STANDARD...tho it was hard since I love QAT too! but I made a survey for myself and did an inspection with every song from both albums and STANDARD won :v

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…" :whip: 

Back to top Go down

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Encore Show with Hello World and Standard being a coin toss at 2nd.
Encore Show has a great variety soundwise and some great songs from the ladies; Hikare, Emotion, & that wonderful love song to a guitar, Want You.

Back to top Go down
marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
(to admins) is it possible to add another poll choice (Yellow album) for this one? Yellow is really tugging at my heartstrings right now, lolol

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
Back to top Go down
dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well it's hard but i have chosen "Temptation Box" due to the fact that every song on it is great. It is not their greatest album but one without a single bad song.

Rina Suzuki
Probably the best drummer in the world.
Audrey Hepburn's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
STANDARD, hands down.

Surprisingly this album tops the poll for now.

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Re: If you could only listen to one SCANDAL album
Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:56 pm

Aizix

Aizix

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://soundcloud.com/devias1
dampf wrote:Well it's hard but i have chosen "Temptation Box" due to the fact that every song on it is great. It is not their greatest album but one without a single bad song.
Queens are Trumps for the same reason though it might be their best actually.

Back to top Go down
PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I hate to choose Tongue
Especially because all of their albums have merits. But if I had to - I would vote for Yellow (may we have that option added? please? pretty please?) - because it is one of most diverse albums for SCANDAL. And a clear sign of growth and progress. And I can listen to HnK all day long Wink

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
YELLOW has been added to the poll.

As for me, I think it'd be HELLO WORLD. I love almost every track, and I was fortunate to have seen them perform essentially the entire album all over the world. Those memories along with the songs have really made me love the album even more.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Before Yellow it would've been Queens.. but now it's Yellow
Still I would pine and feel guilty for not picking one of the others

Back to top Go down
dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Aizix: i can agree about first half of "Queens..." but i don't like second. Still it's better than "Baby Action" which for me it's their worst album as well as worst produced one (even though it has such diamonds as "Burn" and "one piece").

Rina Suzuki
Probably the best drummer in the world.
Audrey Hepburn's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down
Aizix

Aizix

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://soundcloud.com/devias1
dampf wrote:@Aizix: i can agree about first half of "Queens..." but i don't like second. Still it's better than "Baby Action" which for me it's their worst album as well as worst produced one (even though it has such diamonds as "Burn" and "one piece").
Actually I love the second half even more than the first but I agree with you on BA - BURN and one piece are really outstanding compared to the rest of the album.

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
to me the whole Queens album is great.. in the second half "Bright" impresses me in every way.. I really appreciate the RINA lyrics and perfect fit with the sound.. I should mention I feel sound engineering on Queens was much better than Standard or Hello World.. very happy to find the sound on Yellow is at least as good (though the ones recorded last summer not so IMHO)

Last edited by etwee on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Temptation Box

For some reason it's my all time favorite album of them +I really loved the Zepp tour concerts to that one the most!
All the songs are so different from each other, yet every single one is perfect with it's own way. So many styles~
Gah and it includes acoustic guitar, so definitely my all time favorite~ Could listen to that one FOREVER

Back to top Go down
genkai

genkai

Caless Student
Caless Student
Boy, it's hard. My top 3 choices are BEST SCANDAL, HELLO WORLD and Queens are trumps.  .pinch.

But I chose HELLO WORLD. For me this is their studio album wherein they're getting more mature on musicality and composition.  .happy. .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
If there would be only ONE CD to listen to, I'd pick their self-titled compilation album. It has my all time favorites Freedom Fighters, Hello, Taiyo Kimi Ga Egaku Story, and Departure. Too bad, one of my favorites Haruka is not included in the album.

Back to top Go down
mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
Baby Action doesn't seem to get a lot of traction to my dissatisfaction (No more rhyming now, I mean it!). It's maybe not my favorite, but I've been listening to it a lot lately. Even songs that might be considered album fillers like "Tokyo Skyscraper" are good, they've grown on me. Tomomi's "Message of the Apples," too, the English translation of that title sounds like a film title.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.