You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes it seems a bit too good to be true to me as well, but we shall see.
When I send Japanese stuff to a friend in the USA he does not have to pay anything Sad

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 13 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
streame

streame

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sorry if it's off-topic, but do you know any digital music shops where I can buy scandal music in Hi-Res (or just FLAC) without regional blocking? Their stuff is no more on OTOTOY, and Qobuz doesn't accept cards released outside countries they work in.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
streame wrote:Sorry if it's off-topic, but do you know any digital music shops where I can buy scandal music in Hi-Res (or just FLAC) without regional blocking?

(Moved your post to a better-suited topic)

You can purchase FLAC files from mora by using Rakuten Pay and a Japan VPN. This site explains how to do it.

I've also updated the first post of this thread with more ways on how to purchase CDs, MP3s, and hi-res files.

Not going to post any links to their 'European label' because they're not deserving of support with their shoddy, subpar products and translations.

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 13 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
streame

streame

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow, thank you very much, I was not aware of this!

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
As many of you will getting their new singles through the post. For the UK fans I got mine this morning without the need to pay custom Tax. I got a few other stuff from CD Japan like a DVD, my order was short of £50. 

The UK/Japan trade deal must be good

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@ As a regular CDJapan user that is excellent news Happy

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 13 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Andy666 wrote:As many of you will getting their new singles through the post. For the UK fans I got mine this morning without the need to pay custom Tax. I got a few other stuff from CD Japan like a DVD, my order was short of £50. 

The UK/Japan trade deal must be good

I received my copies of Ivory (forgot to take the CD only out of the basket after opting for the T-Shirt bundle MAMI haha ) on  Wednesday along with some other SCANDAL CD's and a Blu-Ray just over £100 and no custom Tax.

However about 2 weeks ago I received a rather large LiSA parcel in excess of £100 and got stung by customs Tax but my Band-Maid Blu Ray the week before nothing. I was also hit with Tax on the Eternal CD in March again with other items in you guessed it, a large box.

All parcels are over £35 which is when customs start to tax you from what I gather, I think you are just lucky as to weather they check the label or not. I would have a guess the bigger the box the more likely they are to check. MAMI hmm

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
If only we can find out more about this Trade deal. Your order would have been heavy than mine if was over £100 GT, it was good not to get hit with tax with that.

Back to top Go down
GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Andy666 wrote:If only we can find out more about this Trade deal. Your order would have been heavy than mine if was over £100 GT, it was good not to get hit with tax with that.

You and me both Andy, I was looking online most of the day and couldn't find what I wanted to know yesterday while at work. Just don't tell my boss. Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 13 1f609 

I think we will just have to accept it's down to luck if you get hit with tax or not atm.

Back to top Go down
joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Trade deals typically only affect tariffs, not VAT. Postal services handle a huge amount of parcels every day, so it's random if you have to pay or not since a human have to manually check the declared value.

It used to be the exact same way in Sweden until our postal services got swamped with low cost shipments from Wish and AliExpress; so now they hold every non-EU package until you pay. They had to hire a lot of new people to cope with this.

Back to top Go down
joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I apologize for the bump, but I spoke with customer service at CDJapan and they gave me some good news for those of us living in the EU. They confirmed that they will be registered for the new Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS) around September this year. This means that you will be paying taxes for your purchases at the checkout on CDJapan.

What this means in practice is that there will be no more surprise customs fees when ordering. Everything will have been paid for and declared in advance.

Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Great news, each time I order on CDJapan I'm afraid about customs fees and even more since July 1st... It will become easier now! (but not cheaper...)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.