You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor
Posted Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:19 pm

strix04

strix04

Caless Student
Caless Student
This might be too much to ask, but I would like to suggest if it is possible to have an interactive posting of images in the Post Editor where you can resize it without copying and pasting the url all over again to change the resolution.

I've been a subscriber of Asianfanfics site where you can also blog there then I noticed that their Editor is easy when it comes to posting images.

I'll show the example images of their editor here and point out the things that might improve this site:

First, what I like about Asianfanfic is that with just a right click, I'll be able to access the things w/c is most used by bloggers...'posting photos and links to sites':
SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor Tumblr_nwko3pAcMU1ro4xe8o1_1280

Then, when I click the 'Insert Image', this window pops up:
SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor Tumblr_nwko3pAcMU1ro4xe8o2_1280

You can paste the url and adjust the size in the field. Second thing I find easy is that you have an option of constraining proportions which is efficient so that I don't have to worry about calculating the dimensions and making my pictures fat or thin (I know it does the same here as when you type 100 as the height and leave the width blank, it will result in 100x100 size.)

The third one and the most efficient is that the editor have the ability to edit/resize once you insert it:
SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor Tumblr_nwko3pAcMU1ro4xe8o3_1280

You don't have to go over again (backspace/delete, click the image icon, paste the url, type the desired size, click insert button) whenever you want to change the size of your picture.

Lastly, when I feel like I want to change the picture that I've already resized but I don't want to mess the dimensions that I've already created and start over again, I could just select the picture and right click on it and the url window will popup again:
SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor Tumblr_nwko3pAcMU1ro4xe8o4_1280

I'll just paste the new url and it will be the same size as the previous one:
SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor Tumblr_nwko3pAcMU1ro4xe8o5_r1_1280

This is the same when I'm posting videos too. The thing I am disappointed at Asianfanfics is that they did not allow posting videos from Dailymotion.

Overall, I know that every sites has their own styles of editors which some might find easy and others might find confusing and I am not into comparison of such. I assume the moderators and admins are towards the beautification of their sites but also aims to give users a more 'user-friendly' and 'ease of access' feels, just like when this site's Homepage becomes really upgraded(I totally love it!). 

I really cross my fingers that the tech team will make this happen. I hope this could be of help in the improvement and future of SH. (BTW, I also love the monkey emticons here. It really expresses my feelings when I'm posting!)
.love.

SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor Tumblr_nv7bf8q8cz1ro4xe8o6_r1_540
Back to top Go down

Re: SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor
Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:37 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
We're limited by what Forumotion supports, and I don't think this function would be supported.

There is a way to manually resize images, though. You have to go to the editor mode so that you're seeing plain text BBCode. The only real downside is that you can't automatically constrain proportions; you'd have to figure that out for yourself.

This is how the code would look:
Code:
[img(400px,300px)]image link[/img]

For example, this picture at 480x360:
SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor EjrSeJR

Would be like this resized to 350x263:
SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor EjrSeJR

SUGGESTION - Resizable Image in Post Editor 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.