You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This news excites me. I hope he can bring a great sounding album to us all. I want to hear great separation and the instruments and vocals pop. I thought Stamp! & Sisters were 2 of their better sounding recordings, purely on a aural level, so I pray the East & West can work wonders again! I also LOVE Stamp, by the way.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:28 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Aww, I don't like the sounds of "mastering". Sounds like a cover-up for lazy recordings…

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 6 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:10 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
mio_akiyama wrote:Aww, I don't like the sounds of "mastering". Sounds like a cover-up for lazy recordings…
You sure?
"Mastering is the final step of audio post-production. The purpose of mastering is to balance sonic elements of a stereo mix and optimize playback across all systems and media formats. Traditionally, mastering is done using tools like equalization, compression, limiting and stereo enhancement.

[size=37]Mastering also ensures uniformity and consistency of sound between multiple tracks on an album. Ultimately, what mastering does is create a clean and cohesive feeling across all your audio.[/size]

[size=37]A good mastering job makes an album consistent and balanced across all tracks. Without mastering, individual tracks can sound disjointed in relation to each other."[/size]

Last edited by bad-apple on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm on mobile so apologies for the format)

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 6 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:23 am

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
I do not much like the news Tom Coyne 
is responsible for the mastering 
I think he has not worked with any artist similar to SCANDAL 
can ruin a great job if lleba in wrong direction

I hope to be wrong

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:00 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I am thinking of getting the DVD version, because the T-shirt doesn't excite me much. I was wondering what sort of stuff they have put on their previous DVD versions?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:09 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

The DVD for Hello World came with a mini making of the album documentary on it that I watched only once because I had no idea what any of them were saying.  .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:56 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ok, I assumed it would be in Japanese, if it's only a short making of doco, I have to decide whether I want to pay the extra ~$5 I guess, for something I might watch once like you.
.hmmm.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:07 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm not sure what's on this album though, because I have no idea what a Room No. 7 opening movie is . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Rift

Rift

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://scandalindahouse.blogspot.co.uk/
Looking forward to hearing the English ver. of "Your Song", it's one of my favourite songs and works great as a concert song. It'd be nice to hear them perform that version live sometime.
Like at another concert in the UK. .please.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 6 9zr3EYo
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:57 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I remember there was a blog post by Rina(?) where there are a lot of pizzas... Maybe that was the inspiration or could be that they finished the song of Konya wa Pizza Party haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:58 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hanautasancho wrote:I remember there was a blog post by Rina(?) where there are a lot of pizzas... Maybe that was the inspiration or could be that they finished the song of Konya wa Pizza Party haha
Yeah you're right, and just so happens that she stated in that same blog that they completed an upbeat party tune.  Pizza...Party... eh eeehhhh .common.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:48 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I feel like eating a pizza now . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
I just watched their latest show at Budokan and now I'm officially excited to hear the new album. To be honest, until now I was a little underwhelmed about the new release. But this show was amazing, I could even say they're at their best. They sound and seem more confident than never before. "LIFE IS A JOURNEY" is definitely one of my favourite songs of the past year and I'd love to hear more songs like this one on "YELLOW". Pretty curious to hear "LOVE"; judging by the title, I think it will be epic.

When did Haruna become an asian femme fatale? I mean, she's shining, so fresh and mature. She looks like some character from Kill Bill or Memoirs of a Geisha (which is pretty good, at least for me).

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:52 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Just did a quick check in Photoshop, Haruna indeed looks great as Kiddo. I wonder what she will do next with her hair. Her Sisters era hairstyle is still my favorite so far.

I hope there will be some sort of footage from their YELLOW tour, there will be so many new songs we need to see the live versions of.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It looks like there's a little update about the content of the DVD

DISC 2(DVD)
1. YELLOW OPENING MOVIE “Room No.7”
2. YELLOW OPENING MOVIE “Room No.7” ~Making Clip~

Source

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:03 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
If the t-shirt will look like the black "Skating Skull Rucca" shirts SCANDAL worn during the Holidays, I'll order the LE. I'm not really a fan of LE-DVD editions unless if clips of concert and live shows are included.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 6 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:58 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Eh,? I'm really curious to know whats exactly is the dvd about?  .pinch.

So if Your song eng version is a bonus track, that means initially there were/is 12 tracks on the album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:20 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Star~world96®️ wrote:Eh,? I'm really curious to know whats exactly is the dvd about?  .pinch.

So if Your song eng version is a bonus track, that means initially there were/is 12 tracks on the album.

I believe it will be another documentary movie. But' we'll see. Here's the link for more details: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/scandal/discography/ESCL-4592

Star~world96®️ wrote:So if Your song eng version is a bonus track, that means initially there were/is 12 tracks on the album.

Yes, if Your Song will not be listed on the track list.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:34 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I still have no idea what an Opening Movie is supposed to be . . . I mean is it like basically one of those intro videos they put up on screens at the start of concerts?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:56 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I'm such a prick for posting this (sorry Tom!) but it looks like JPU will release the CD only edition in Europe on March 11!

(source)
(Plastichead is the official distributor of JPU records' releases)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:26 pm

GibsonPhoenix

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
What can we read out of the fact that they re-recorded 'Your Song' with English lyrics? It assume there must be another reason that it just being an amazing sing-along during the last tour, right?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:11 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I can't wait to see the credits for the songs, we already know the singles and 2 album tracks of them (Suki.Suki and Chiisana honoo)
I have a feeling  Konya wa Pizza Party is the works of Tomomi, and one of the "Love" songs is a Rina written song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:18 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Star~world96®️ wrote:I can't wait to see the credits for the songs, we already know the singles and 2 album tracks of them (Suki.Suki and Chiisana honoo)
I have a feeling  Konya wa Pizza Party is the works of Tomomi, and one of the "Love" songs is a Rina written song.

Me too! I've been investigating as crazy but the shopping websites haven't even put the tracklist on them .wew.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
victor_survive wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:I can't wait to see the credits for the songs, we already know the singles and 2 album tracks of them (Suki.Suki and Chiisana honoo)

Me too! I've been investigating as crazy but the shopping websites haven't even put the tracklist on them .wew.
Heheh well at least we found out about one of them. ^-^
Its been said on a recent radio pro. that Morning Sun is written by Rina and composed by none other than Mami.

lol just leave it to Rina to write songs based off/made for movie/media. Sisters, Chiisana Honoo, Weather report, Rainy,etc.  .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:49 am

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
37 days until the release of the album! I'm so excited I'm counting down the days. That's really bad, because the wait kills me. I have very little patience.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 6 Standa16
Stay Standard My Friends   .cool.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum