7th Album - 『YELLOW』 [Page 10 of 23]

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:33 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Honestly "Love Me Do" is fabulous. I especially love the vocal melodies during the chorus, I can totally picture myself listening to the song on loop.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:25 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Prolly (likely?) late to the party here, and may have glossed over it but I did look in all 12 pages of this thread. I was on the Sony Music Shop page to see if the extra goodies are different (like their B2 poster for Sisters ^^) and there is a description of what seems to be a ?lottery for a meet & greet for the live hall shows in Japan this spring.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 10 Screen%20Shot%202016-02-15%20at%2007.19.05_zpsyvw8tmiu

Is there anything out there mentioned by the band of late about this?

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 10 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:37 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
kudo_maharizu wrote:Prolly (likely?) late to the party here, and may have glossed over it but I did look in all 12 pages of this thread. I was on the Sony Music Shop page to see if the extra goodies are different (like their B2 poster for Sisters ^^) and there is a description of what seems to be a ?lottery for a meet & greet for the live hall shows in Japan this spring.

Is there anything out there mentioned by the band of late about this?

I had put a short, translated description in the first post but removed it when more info about the album came out and forgot to post it anywhere else in this thread--oops. But anyway, the only info about it so far is that each edition will come with a ticket/slip to participate in a digital lottery for M&G spots. Apart from that, no other info has been announced yet.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 10 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
LOVE ME DO is slowly growing on me, the chorus is still so and so but Haruna's oh so sweet high notes makes it better, and the bass drum is addictive, the cow bell should win an award lol. The ohlala ohlalala parts are so sweet. tho the song isn't available in the U.S anymore-bleh.

30 seconds of preview isn't enough, i need more. .whiteflag.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:20 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
US members can view it through a proxy like this one.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:23 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The only thing that I can say is that I'm in love with all the previews, especially with LOVE ME DO, Heaven na Kibun, LOVE and Happy Birthday

I can already say that I like more YELLOW than Hello World

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:59 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Is there anyone who watched their live at Countdown Japan who can share any thoughts about Heaven Na Kibun? The only comment I've seen is that it sounds psychedelic.  I love that guitar riff in the sample!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Scandalsuki
Thanks a billion, Sir .hail.

I realized that this song has some slight resemblance to the all famous "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper.

Not sure if LOVE ME DO was inspired by this, but I kinda find that idea pretty cool. .upwalk.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
From SCANDAL's Twitter:

There are 2 more weeks until 『YELLOW』 is out! Starting tomorrow, we'll be unveiling the entire thing little by little by posting preview videos of all of the songs + song commentaries on Twitter! Here's another cut of 『YELLOW OPENING MOVIE “Room No.7”』! This time we challenged ourselves by doing a video with FX!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB4Xdzerp6_/

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:28 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
aaaaahhh, the overpowering cuteness kills me… .dies.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 10 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:04 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Scandal, can you please stop being so cute?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm

GibsonPhoenix

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
Oh my, poor TOMOMI, looking sad when RINA and HARUNA eat the cloud...  .toj.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:32 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
…now all we need is of Domokun to turn up, and finish it off...

Back to top Go down

『YELLOW』 Liner Notes - Room No.7
Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:18 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

【『YELLOW』 Liner Notes】

M1. Room No.7
linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 10 HJl36XO

An instrumental song--our first one-- that opens 『YELLOW』. It's a funky, edgy track! The title comes from this being our seventh album, thus "No.7". 〈HARUNA〉

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/700154029360357376

I'll be posting translations here accordingly as the band posts them!

#front-page #linernotes #yellowlinernotes

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:46 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I love the image they put for Room no.7, Sunny Side motel key, hahaha, pretty neat. .happy.

I love how they actually were having a small pizza party while talking about the songs, it seem fun and relaxing. It reminds me on how they did for STANDARD on the Nico Nico talk show in their Over Drive outfits, when they were playing previews of the songs, just minus the voting and showing all the songs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i can guess Sunday Drive was written by Tomomi (not sure on composition) and LOVE ME DO is the works of Mami. Its pretty obvious Konya wa Pizza Party was by Tomomi lol.

Based on what i can hear in the background (its better with headphones on Happy ), i'm really loving Room no.7, and Pizza Party sounds like a really cool and fun song. Sunday Drive sounds pretty nice, i like the bass at the beginning. Cant wait for part 2, i slowly died inside when they stopped right before Heaven na Kibun. .plank.

Back to top Go down

「YELLOW」 Digest - Part 1
Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL has uploaded part one of a video digest about YELLOW called 「SCANDAL to New Album 『YELLOW』 wo Kikou - Konya wa Pizza Party!」 (Listening to New Album 『YELLOW』 With SCANDAL - Tonight's a Pizza Party!), which features the band having a pizza party and talking about the new songs on the album as clips of the tracks play in the background:

For those in countries unable to watch it, click to watch through a proxy

Subs can be found here

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:14 am

SabreLilly

SabreLilly

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just from these little snippets, this may turn out to be my favorite album

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:05 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The only thing that bothers me slightly is that Haruna and Tomomi aren't really doing the lead vocals together anymore in the same song, that dynamic is one of my favorite things about the band. Could it be why Tomomi often looks kinda sad and not in a cheerful mood lately?

That's not a major issue though, and "Konya wa Pizza Party" sounds really good.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
flyingwill wrote:The only thing that bothers me slightly is that Haruna and Tomomi aren't really doing the lead vocals together anymore in the same song, that dynamic is one of my favorite things about the band. Could it be why Tomomi often looks kinda sad and not in a cheerful mood lately?

That's not a major issue though, and "Konya wa Pizza Party" sounds really good.
I also miss that vocal interplay. I enjoy the different timbres and flavors of Haruna, 
Tomomi, and Mami's voices.  Hopefully they have another 'Kagen no Tsuki' , 'Namida yo Hikare' , 'Playboy' , or 'Happy Collector' in their future.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:52 pm

~kyu~

~kyu~

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the translation!

I don't know why, but seeing them interacting together always gives me a very nice feeling  .love.

Looking forward to part 2! LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Flyingwill
Tomomi mentionned in a recent interview that they are doing less vocals duets because their voices are too different. IMAO, I still think their voices can match, they did it in Hello World but maybe they just wanted to try something else! Ah also, there is no longer any previews of Yellow in Amazon...why?!!>.<)!

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:23 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Yuffie wrote:@Flyingwill
Tomomi mentionned in a recent interview that they are doing less vocals duets because their voices are too different.

Makes sense to me. I think they're suited to different styles. And to be honest, some of the people I've played stuff like "Onegai Navigation" trying to get them into the band have been a little put off when Tomomi starts singing. I think she sounds better when a song is really "hers" rather than just coming in and singing one verse or bridge. It can be a really jarring transition when that happens. Their voices have really diverged over the years - if you listen to the first album, it can be hard to tell them apart. But now it's really obvious.

Ah also, there is no longer any previews of Yellow in Amazon...why?!!>.<)!

Think they probably jumped the gun a bit. No other Amazon site had those previews, and no other site at all that I could find for that matter.

btw did anyone else notice that Amazon UK put this album in the "disco" section?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:43 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
spacecadet wrote:I think she sounds better when a song is really "hers" rather than just coming in and singing one verse or bridge. It can be a really jarring transition when that happens. Their voices have really diverged over the years - if you listen to the first album, it can be hard to tell them apart. But now it's really obvious.
Now that I think about it I think you're right. It just pains me because I love her voice and obviously we won't be hearing it as much as we used to. At least she's still doing backing vocals.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Haikezeh

Haikezeh

Caless Student
Caless Student
thank you so much!

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 10 Ruby_s11
1st Scandal Concert - Barcelona European Yellow Tour 21/09/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:16 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
That video definitely makes the songs sound a lot better than the original amazon previews we heard last week. Hopefully it isn't as auto-tuned as I originally thought...

Also, I do agree that their voices are very different, but I wonder are they stopping Tomomi from singing backup vocals because they want to sound like a more consistent band vocally?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum